PDA

View Full Version : What is so wrong with Man Utd?

Calvin
31-07-2001, 03:53 PM
Before I get a torrent of abuse, let me just say that I'm from Ireland recently moved to England. So I don't know what I'm talking about!

But why do you all hate Man U? Everyone seems to.

Ok they win everything and have fans in Thailand ....... BUT WHY IS THAT BAD?:o

CPFC_R_GREAT
31-07-2001, 04:00 PM
Everyone hates them until the Champion's League comes round again!

As well as the jealous factor such as they can have Butt, Scholes, Neville etc all English all V.good and all on the bench or in the crowd! GRR

Benzhiyi
31-07-2001, 04:01 PM
Paul Nixon RIP.

I think that's all I need to say.

Calvin
31-07-2001, 04:07 PM
Being a bit thick I think you need to?

paf
31-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by CPFC_R_GREAT

Yes, and then I hate them more than ever !

New_Malden_Eagle
31-07-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by CPFC_R_GREAT

No you just have to pity them, the biggest club in the world, fans from all over the world, unbelievably successful marketing and promotion, and yet they still come a cropper at the quarter final stage almost every year. Quite amusing in my books. If they really were a great club like the arse-licking media and all their fans say they are they wouldn't keep losing to the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, etc.

Levski
31-07-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Paul Nixon RIP.

I think that's all I need to say.

The Nixon thing was awful, but that could have been done to anyone, from any club. I don't think it's fair to hate Man U for that. The club did its best (as any would) to distance itself from what happened, which was, as far as I could tell, an unfortunate, alcohol-related incident which has happened elsewhere and will happen again.

Surely what's so bad about Man U is thier dominant media coverage. It really annnoys me, and, while is only partly Man U's fault, serves to further increase the gap between rich and poor which has the potential to ruin football as we know it. There's nothing worse than going into a sports shop, or even Debenhams, and seeing Man U stuff saturating every shelf. Why would a kid support anyone else in this climate?

Man U represents the most powerful symptom of the disease of overexpansion and non-regulation of the game at the expense of the poorer clubs. The way they pulled out of the FA Cup was a disgrace.

Yet what makes me laugh is that they are over-rated as a European side. They were very lucky to win it in '99, but that hasn't stopped everyone going on about how amazing they are and to be genuinely suprized when they went out to superior teams in '00 and '01, and possibly this year, too.

James Melody
31-07-2001, 04:23 PM
Well I'm from London and I currently live in Dublin. The reason that I hate Man Utd is primarily down to the attitude of their fans. In Dublin maybe 65/70% of people support Utd at the moment. During the 80s this figure was reversed Liverpools way, in fact many of these loyal die hard Man Utd fans have been Leeds,Blackburn and Newcastle fans through and through in recent times - well as long as they were top of the table.
I've been a Palace fan since I was able to gurgle "Blue and Red army" and I have lost count of the amount of Utd fans have asked me "Palace aren't doing very well,how come you support them? Would you not choose a better team?" These are "fans" who have maybe been to see Utd play once in some crappy pre-season friendly! Utd are not even the most popular team in Manchester (Thats city!)

Man Utd fans don't understand what being a fan is all about.... It's about supporting you're team through good and bad not just hopping on the bandwagon.

THATS WHY I HATE MAN UTD!!!

Men At Work
31-07-2001, 04:23 PM
They are successful which does lead to a small bit of envy but then that is compounded by being utterly graceless winners and even worse losers. They moan about having too many games to play which is merely a form of boasting how well they are doing. They show disdain for the smaller of the cup competitions and arrogance for pulling out of the larger. They have a manager who continually overplays the 'everyone is against us' card and whinges about everything. They have an obseqious media telling everyone how wonderful they are and are made out to be a source of pride for the nation which is patently not the case.

They attract a huge number of celebrity fans and glory hunters who see following them as fashionable when it is obvious that most of them have very little interest in football. A significant majority of their fans couldn't even find Manchester on a map let alone be willing to live there.

As for the Palace side there is possibly a slight grumpiness from the cup final result but the main dislike comes from the Cantona incident and the murder of Paul Nixon by Man Utd fans before an F.A.Cup semi-final.

Benzhiyi
31-07-2001, 04:24 PM
To be honest, as much as I hate Man U, I despise Arsenal more - and not just because I follow Spurs as well as Palace. Generally their fans are the most arrogant in the land, even though they have bugger all to be arrogant about - they lag miles behind Europe's top clubs, and behind both Man U and Liverpool in this country. Man U are t*ssers, but to be honest at least they have earned themselves the ability to gloat by being so damn good in recent times. If you're looking for delusions of grandeur, look directly at Highbury.

James Melody
31-07-2001, 04:26 PM
All these above reasons too....

If you think the english media is biased towards Utd check out the Irish media. They constantly refer to Man Utd as us and we in news items - very partizan!

Elephant with mouse gyp
31-07-2001, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Levski

The Nixon thing was awful, but that could have been done to anyone, from any club. I don't think it's fair to hate Man U for that. The club did its best (as any would) to distance itself from what happened, which was, as far as I could tell, an unfortunate, alcohol-related incident which has happened elsewhere and will happen again.

It wasn't just Paul Nixon that day, though I think you gloss over the incident. The whole atmosphere from United fans at the replay was a disgrace. Loads of Palace fans were attacked before and after the game, in retaliation for the Cantona incident, as if we had attacked him, rather than the other way around.

Others have touched on the marketing overkill that makes anyone with football in their soul sick, but I would also dispute the idea that the anti-United thing has that much to do with jealousy. When Liverpool were dominant in the 70s and 80s people were fed up with the situation but few really hated them.

The present United line up is a bit nicer (Roy Keane excepted) than the one that included Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Cantona etc, but the bitter taste left by that lot plus Ferguson's tetchy arrogance make it hard to warm to them, to put it mildly.

Elephant with mouse gyp
31-07-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

The present United line up is a bit nicer (Roy Keane excepted) than the one that included Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Cantona etc, but the bitter taste left by that lot plus Ferguson's tetchy arrogance make it hard to warm to them, to put it mildly.

By 'etc' I have to admit I very much include our present manager.

Psychokiller
31-07-2001, 04:34 PM
1. Paul Nixon RIP
2. The failiure of the media to condemn the Man Utd fans for what they did, yet make out Cantona to be some sort of hero. (Another guy was seriously injured with a breeze block in the Nixon incident. This went virtually unreported.
3. Cantona
4. The arrogance of their home counties fans. Indeed a certain David Baddiel lookalike wound me up so much in the Holmesdale (which was supposed to be a home end?) in the 93/93 season that as I walked out a threw a cup of lukewarm coffee in his face.
5. Constant moaning at referees
6. Ferguson

There are LOADS more reasons!

Psychokiller
31-07-2001, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
To be honest, as much as I hate Man U, I despise Arsenal more - and not just because I follow Spurs as well as Palace. Generally their fans are the most arrogant in the land, even though they have bugger all to be arrogant about - they lag miles behind Europe's top clubs, and behind both Man U and Liverpool in this country. Man U are t*ssers, but to be honest at least they have earned themselves the ability to gloat by being so damn good in recent times. If you're looking for delusions of grandeur, look directly at Highbury.
Absolute rubbish.

Until recently I lived near Arsenals ground and often used to drink in the Arsenal Tavern wearing my Palace shirt. I found their fans on a par with Liverpool and never arrogant! Indeed I have friends who support both Spurs and Arsenal and if any set of fans can be called arrogant it's the Spurs fans, despite the fact that they've wone bugger all for years!

Strathclyde Eagle
31-07-2001, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by James Melody
I've been a Palace fan since I was able to gurgle "Blue and Red army" and I have lost count of the amount of Utd fans have asked me "Palace aren't doing very well,how come you support them? Would you not choose a better team?"

You've hit the nail on the head there James. I personally don't have a problem with anyone who goes and watches their team play, but when glory hunters suggest that you support a decent team it really winds me up.

Ever heard of loyalty? I doubt such people have, and personally it is why I dislike them and find that I cannot trust them. If they can't stick with a football club in bad times I dread to think what sort of friends they would turn out to be.

Calvin
31-07-2001, 06:49 PM
umm thanks - now I understand .......

So any other team you all hate that I should know about?

Psychokiller
31-07-2001, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Calvin
umm thanks - now I understand .......

So any other team you all hate that I should know about? BRIGHTON!

Hallowed Turf Of Selhurst
31-07-2001, 06:59 PM
We Hate Brighton, We hate Brighton, We hate Brighton, we hate Brighton, We hate Brighton, We hate Brighton.......WE ARE THE BRIGHTON HATERS *We hate Brighton*

bert head is god
31-07-2001, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Calvin
So any other team you all hate that I should know about?

While you will see a lot of aggression on the BBS towards Manure, Arse, Clowntown and occasionally to ******* from Shepherds Bush, historically we have always hated Millwall and Seaweeds the most.

I would have to agree with Psycokiller that the scum from the seaside are those we hate the most and long may this continue. Any terrorist organisation would have had my lifelong support if they had shot down that helicoptor taking them to Wembley.

OOCO
31-07-2001, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
BRIGHTON!

Could not have said it better! :D

AJ
31-07-2001, 08:05 PM
I actually do not hate any other team. I just support Palace more, a lot more.
I watch MU, Arsenal etc when I can (on TV), because I like the game of football and I there is no doubting that the top teams in the World often produce good football.
The difference in Palace v the others, is that a Palace lose is devastating, while anyother else has absolutely no effect on me. Palace is in my heart.

Lets move on from this Nixon incident. Yes, it was terrible, but, does it need to be dragged up every 5 minutes? For those with short or selective memories, there was an incident in either the late 70's or early 80's when some Palace fans jumped from the back of a van and stabbed to death an innocent Swansea City Fan, before a Cup reply. The fan was a father and was just walking along the street. There was and is no excuse for voilence anywhere, let alone at a sports event and most people go to football matches not to get into trouble. What's that saying, "People in glass houses....."

Tomahawks
31-07-2001, 09:12 PM
test post

budgie
31-07-2001, 09:37 PM

Absolute rubbish.

Until recently I lived near Arsenals ground and often used to drink in the Arsenal Tavern wearing my Palace shirt. I found their fans on a par with Liverpool and never arrogant! Indeed I have friends who support both Spurs and Arsenal and if any set of fans can be called arrogant it's the Spurs fans, despite the fact that they've wone bugger all for years!

I have to agree about the Spurs fans. It really pisses me off on a Saturday during the football season, when all you hear on the radio are the Spurs fans moaning about why they havn't won, why Arsenal are so lucky...... all they ever do is moan, I'm sorry if you're a Spurs fan, but you do not have a divine right to win.

bucketbongeagle
31-07-2001, 10:00 PM
Yeah spurs supporters seem to be under the impression they are still a major force in football, one of the big boys when in fact they are nothing more than an average Prem. team who briefly looked very good in the mid 80's.

Psychokiller
01-08-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Lets move on from this Nixon incident. Yes, it was terrible, but, does it need to be dragged up every 5 minutes?
I'm afraid it does when you've got the Man Utd arselicking fraternity constantly demonising Palace fans because of the 'Cantona Incident' and conveniently forgetting that they were the ones who took a young man's life!

charltonhater
01-08-2001, 01:35 PM
Although I hate Charlton more I am not a great fan of Man United but here's why.

1) "Glory Glory Man United" - This song alone makes me hate their fans. Man United have to have less true fans than anyone else in the Premiership except perhaps Charlton.

2) "Alex Ferguson" - The original moaner about fizture conjestion. everyone seems to worship him but he has wasted 70 million on Cole, Veron, Nisterooy, Silvestre and Barthez

3) "the Nevilles" - They are so rubbish but they are worshipped like Gods

4) "The Player's Atitude" - They refuse to leave Man united because they are at the best club in the world. This attitude really annoys me. What is so entertaining about winning the Premiership by 20 points each year.

Tony
01-08-2001, 01:42 PM
BRIGHTON!

I think it should be lower case letters for that rubbish in future , please ;)

Jimbo ?
02-08-2001, 12:24 AM
Whats right about them?????

Jimbo ?
02-08-2001, 12:25 AM
BRIGHTON!

Clearly a stressed Eagle

exiled in Wales
04-08-2001, 02:01 AM
Back to the riginal point, I hate Man Utd because:

1. Their fans have to get coaches back from a home game - after West Brom V Palace two years ago I stuck my arse up at a load of coaches travelling back down the M5 to South Wales from a "home" game.

2. Cantona

3. The Paul Nixon incident and the clubs response in insisting the match couldn't be postponed.

4. Freakish looking deviants walking around Newport/Merthyr/Croydon/anywhere wearing bloody Man Utd shirts.

5. Seagulls following trawlers.

6. People thinking they are big and clever because they support a team that wins a lot.

7. Man Utd curtains in the house down the road.

To put it short they all make me sick and there is no escape from them, Man Utd fans are the lowest form of life, intellectual pygmies the lot of them.

Born in Wales1
04-08-2001, 03:11 AM
if clubs with as much spare cash as man u can spend it on one player ie peron (if that's his name), shouldn't the fa cap the amounts that can be spent on one player in order to plough it back into grass root training schemes with the view to produce world class players for the home nations, this might actualy allow England to compete seriously on the world stage. Alternatively they could always chip in and help pay for a spectacular football stadium worthy of the future world beaters :p

Reason for hating man u :- Ryan Giggs- can only be bothered to play for Wales when he considers the opposition worthy of his prescence and even when he does play they don't do any better than without him

Brett
04-08-2001, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Born in Wales1
if clubs with as much spare cash as man u can spend it on one player ie peron (if that's his name), shouldn't the fa cap the amounts that can be spent on one player in order to plough it back into grass root training schemes with the view to produce world class players for the home nations, this might actualy allow England to compete seriously on the world stage. Alternatively they could always chip in and help pay for a spectacular football stadium worthy of the future world beaters :p

Do the names Beckham and Scholes mean anything to you?

Jimmy2k
04-08-2001, 04:26 AM
It's not so much Man Utd, but their fans, their ******* stuck up, and they intrude in places where their not wanted Croydon Bromley etc. Who in their right mind would support Man Utd if you lived in south London.

RDSdaEAGLE
04-08-2001, 05:53 AM
I really don't mind the way that Man Utd play, and the players they have. I do however mind that their marketing department insists on destroying a game of football.

They are the first (big) team to have a reversable shirt. Not only does it allow them to request more money from customers, it allows them to sell more advertising space to Vodafone.

The decision to pull out of the FA Cup was a disaster. It was not that of Fergurson or any of the players, but it was the decision of the board and marketing, as they saw it as a big money spinning venture.

They have really forced themselves onto the Chinese market. Whilst it is an easy way of making money, they have prevented the chinese game from developing, by restricting the number of possible supporters for each team, by selling shirts there, and by seriously cutting the income for teams like Dalian Shide and Shanghai.

I hate their fans. I don't understand how every Man Utd fan I know, had family who lived in Manchester. I don't see that many Mancunians around London! To say family lived near Manchester...I could say the same. Manchester is near to London, as the moon is to the earth. Not very near, but near!

[I'm tired and need to go to bed! :afro: ]

Si121
04-08-2001, 07:21 AM
I've brought this subject up before too. Ok... so I can see why people get annoyed due to a lot of glory hunters but then again...that's not Uniteds fault is it. Also, I can see why Arsenal fans don't like them but that's because the're always stopping them from winning the league. I think they play quality football and possess quality players. I don't see why this is any reason to hate them. What gets on my nerves is people like my brother. People who want them to go out of the champions league. They still represent England and England performing in Europe will represent English teams which means more players will come to the likes of Crystal Palace rather than Someone Like Real Sociadad.

Mat ov CPFC
04-08-2001, 10:41 AM
I dont hate Manchester United because that is to emotive a word. Despise and detest would be far more descriptive of my feelings toward them.

Have to admit that it was mainly the media attitude towards the Cantonna incident that finally caused me to snap as whilst their was an initial condemnation it soon began to be 'spun' so that we suddenly became the bad guys and the death of Paul Nixon has to be seen as a result of that day. ( Although it has to be said that my experience of Man U fans that day was slightly different. Our coach, which was privately organised, dropped us off on the 'wrong' side of the ground and we had to walk straight through the middle of them. And not one of them even said 'boo'. Of course, there where no women or kids with us. Funny that :rolleyes: )

The vast majority of their 'followers' are tossers. Simple as that. They would not recognise what the concepts of loyalty or integrity where even if they leapt up and bit them in the ********.

Unlike say supporters of Brighton or Millwall of whom it must be said that whilst they are deluded at least support a team for the right reasons, I will try not to have even the most basic conversation with a Manure 'follower' and will refuse to deal with anybody wearing anything associated with that football club.

The Eagleman
04-08-2001, 12:29 PM
I think we should all be honest that all big clubs have those crap fans who glory hunt, and when Palace become the force of English football we will have them as well. We would still all support them but other club fans would only see the glory hunter types.

The big think that get's me is when we go to Old Trafford their is more cockny reds than palace fans on the motorway, in both directions.

Respect to all clubs true fans Man U to Carlisle, and the glory fans can rote in hell.

Born in Wales1
04-08-2001, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Brett

Do the names Beckham and Scholes mean anything to you?

even i know you need a team of eleven to play football and of those players they should all be able to control their tempers and not lash out just because his voice hasn't broken yet (france 98, cost england the world cup final as recall):love:

Si121
05-08-2001, 02:14 AM
I can't believe people are still blaming him for that. Give him a break. People like Ince would have done the same. Also...I think it was wise that cost us it. We were a penalty up and he had no pressure and missed it.

Born in Wales1
05-08-2001, 02:38 AM
muppet!!

david beckam is vastly overrated- when he scores all the world licks his arse, but when he has a poor game he's always let off lightly- news flash David Beckam IS NOT GOD!!!

Si121
05-08-2001, 06:28 AM
david beckam is vastly overrated- when he scores all the world licks his arse, but when he has a poor game he's always let off lightly- news flash David Beckam IS NOT GOD!!!

Oh Stop talking bollo*ks! The reason people lick his arse when he scores is normally because it's an amazing free kick or something. And he doesn't get let offf lightly when he has a crap game either. He's one of the finest players to come out of this country for a long time so in a way he is "god". I bet you wouldn't mind him coming to Palace though would you.

Brett
05-08-2001, 06:33 AM

Have you ever seen him live and in the flesh?

The boy is head and shoulders above most players.

I had the privelige of watching him for England and have to say that he runs the show.

He is class. World Class.

Si121
05-08-2001, 06:35 AM
I agree. Born in Wales1 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Brett
05-08-2001, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Si121
I agree. Born in Wales1 doesn't know what he's talking about.

If he wasnt a Palace fan, I'd send him hate mail...

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 01:01 AM

If he wasnt a Palace fan, I'd send him hate mail...

sorry boys!! i'm not a football fan at all, i just like causing arguments, after all i'm jist a bored housewife whose fed up with daytime tv now that richard and judy no longer bighten up my mornings

no hard feelings eh, i'm just a simple woman who has forgotten her place:love: :love: :love:

Jack Regan
06-08-2001, 01:19 AM
There was an article in an issue of Eagle Eye many moons ago giving very valid reasons why Manchester United as disliked so much.

It was best summed up by someone writing "they're not a football club, they're Euro-Disney"

And that's exactly the point. If you support no-one, then by default, you're a Man Utd "fan"

I find it impossible to have a sensible football discussion with any of their followers. They're so keen to be seen as 'big, big, United fans" that it clouds their judgement.

And those awful Cockney accents they all have grate too !

Si121
06-08-2001, 03:16 AM
Oh. You're a women. Then I guess I must be a gentleman and take it all back. ;)

Si121
06-08-2001, 03:18 AM
You're not Helen from Big Brother are you? Sorry, just had to check.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 03:21 AM
You're not Helen from Big Brother are you? Sorry, just had to check.
don't get me started on her- in any case if i were do you really think i would understand the off-side rule? although i am planning to start a jimmy sanctuary for all the orphaned baby kangaroos!!

Si121
06-08-2001, 03:24 AM
Don't slag her off. She's sweet. :love: "The girl next door" as everyone says.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 03:42 AM
Don't slag her off. She's sweet. :love: "The girl next door" as everyone says.
how can you describe her as sweet- she fufills every stereotype of ditsy blonds, thicko welsh and dizzy hairdressers, in fact i am mortified at having her in the public eye- she is so self centered that its hard to believe she exsists in the real world.:love:

Brett
06-08-2001, 03:44 AM

how can you describe her as sweet- she fufills every stereotype of ditsy blonds, thicko welsh and dizzy hairdressers, in fact i am mortified at having her in the public eye- she is so self centered that its hard to believe she exsists in the real world.:love:

Are you blond then?

I normally go for Reds or Brunettes but I could make an exception for a Taff who shags lots and likes food being licked off her...

:love:

OOCO
06-08-2001, 03:52 AM

I have to agree. I admit that she is pretty, but I can't stand her. I'm sure that she does not live in the real world. I can't stand thick women. Full-stop! :eek:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 03:53 AM
that's very peceptive- of course i could dye my hair:love:

Si121
06-08-2001, 03:56 AM
That's the way to get girls Brett!

She is sweet. Poor girls Dyslexic. Leave her alone. :)

Brett
06-08-2001, 03:57 AM
that's very peceptive- of course i could dye my hair:love:

Go for Red. Not too Red though, but one that says "I look quite nice, but bend me over and roger me senseless".

Think your old man would mind?

:p

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:03 AM
i've tried red and i looked ill-

i can assure you he would and he would get first dibbs every time

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:04 AM
i've tried red and i looked ill-

i can assure you he would and he would get first dibbs every time

Ah bless.

This is all very tit-ilating and erection worthy, but I must go to bed now.

Night, enjoy your Weetabix. :love:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:06 AM
That's the way to get girls Brett!

She is sweet. Poor girls Dyslexic. Leave her alone. :)

i think your getting confused with autism
dyslexia is no excuse to be totally wrapped up in yourself without a consideration for other people's feelings and point of view :moo:

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:10 AM
You're not going to Bed Brett. You're goibng to the toilet aren't ya. Come on. be honest. ;)

I know....it was just an excuse. errr....errrrr......nope, ran out. Damn. Girls can't win arguments! Just shut up. I'm right, you're wrong! ;)

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by OOCO

I have to agree. I admit that she is pretty, but I can't stand her. I'm sure that she does not live in the real world. I can't stand thick women. Full-stop! :eek:

sorry don't think she's even very attractive- i admit i'm a scary sight , but just becuase you've got blond hair and flick it lots dosen't mean you're pretty:love:

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:15 AM
I think we have a case of Jealousy everybody! :D

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:20 AM

.... but just becuase you've got blond hair and flick it lots dosen't mean you're pretty:love:

That is right, but I just thought she had a pretty face and nice eyes. Shame she opened her mouth. Not really my type.

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:22 AM

Oooh, a sweeping statement! :D Probably right though! :eek:

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:23 AM
i admit i'm a scary sight

Thats why we have doggy style...

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:24 AM
You're not going to Bed Brett. You're goibng to the toilet aren't ya. Come on. be honest. ;)

I know....it was just an excuse. errr....errrrr......nope, ran out. Damn. Girls can't win arguments! Just shut up. I'm right, you're wrong! ;)

Ah, what you talking about?

I have to be at work by 6, so surely you would give yourself 5 hours?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brett
[B]

Ah bless.

but I must go to bed now.

ponce- obviously not man enough

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:27 AM

what have i got to be jealous of- shes simple:love:

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:27 AM
[B]

Ah bless.

Yep...poor baba can't hack his sleep. ;)

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:28 AM

That is right, but I just thought she had a pretty face and nice eyes. Shame she opened her mouth. Not really my type.

fair enough!!:love:

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:28 AM
[B]

Ah bless.

Will you scream "ponce" for me?

Or are you a silent type?

And I take it your other half IS a 'real man'? Can he really sing 'Land of our Fathers' slur-free after two pints of shandy?

I really am not man enough.

Still if we are talking ******* your brains out, thats different...

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:29 AM

what have i got to be jealous of- shes simple:love:

She's a simple girl that's wanted by many of men.
You like that Smily don't you. :love:

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:30 AM
And your attempts of chatting her up are laughable...

Even resorting to abusing 'rivals'. Oh dear, gloves off... :eek:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:31 AM

Ah, what you talking about?

surely you would give yourself 5 hours?

what for?

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:31 AM

fair enough!!:love:

OH MYYYY GOD!!!! She agreed with something.

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:32 AM
And your attempts of chatting her up are laughable...

Even resorting to abusing 'rivals'. Oh dear, gloves off... :eek:

I try my best. :(

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:32 AM
what for?

Sleep.

For you dear I'd double it - need to pop out and buy some Weetabix.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:33 AM

Will you scream "ponce" for me?

Or are you a silent type?

And I take it your other half IS a 'real man'? Can he really sing 'Land of our Fathers' slur-free after two pints of shandy?

I really am not man enough.

Still if we are talking ******* your brains out, thats different...

he wouldd't dream of speaking yakky dah let alone slurring it

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:33 AM
Going well Brett. I think you're in mate.

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:35 AM
he wouldd't dream of speaking yakky dah let alone slurring it

Yeah but I bet you lurve it being whispered into your ear whilst you're tied up with used tug-o-war ropes... :D

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:36 AM
Going well Brett. I think you're in mate.

If only you knew... :eek: :rolleyes:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:38 AM

Yeah but I bet you lurve it being whispered into your ear whilst you're tied up with used tug-o-war ropes... :D

never tried it - i'm still relatively innocent:o

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:39 AM

Awww. You're even sweeter than Helen. ;)

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:40 AM

If only you knew... :eek: :rolleyes:

That seems to imply something. Whats going on that we don't know! :eek: :eek:

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:40 AM

I've seen Tiger Bay, I know about you Welsh girls.

Leopard-skin crotchless clothing...

How much is a rail ticket to Llllanydducccchsppunkkkvvallleyyydddhhh?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:42 AM

Awww. You're even sweeter than Helen. ;)

i said innocent not sweet

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:44 AM

That seems to imply something. Whats going on that we don't know! :eek: :eek:
nothing you need to concern yourself with

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:45 AM

I've seen Tiger Bay, I know about you Welsh girls.

Leopard-skin crotchless clothing...

How much is a rail ticket to Llllanydducccchsppunkkkvvallleyyydddhhh?
comfy rugby shorts for me i'm afraid

rail ticket - more than you can afford

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:47 AM

comfy rugby shorts for me i'm afraid

rail ticket - more than you can afford

Hhhm - I do like to maul an egg-chaser...

Rail ticket - dont joke about it...

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:48 AM
Oh, like that is it? Your an egg-chaser? Good grief! :eek: :rolleyes:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:50 AM
Oh, like that is it? Your an egg-chaser? Good grief! :eek: :rolleyes:
Why else would i enjoy rolling around in the mud:p

Brett
06-08-2001, 04:52 AM
Why else would i enjoy rolling around in the mud:p

Oooh you little tart you. Ruggers...

The thought of that fat sweaty body, beer stained bra and mud laiden knickers is REALLY doing it for me!

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:53 AM
WOW. You Minx ! :eek: :eek:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:53 AM

Rail ticket - dont joke about it...
best part of 50 return
20 by bus or you can scab a lift:D

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 04:56 AM
[B]

Oooh you little tart you. Ruggers...

The thought of that fat sweaty body,
escuse me who said i was fat i' m a size 12:grrr:

i'm also not hairy or a lesbian -sorry!

Si121
06-08-2001, 04:58 AM
Let's see a picture then. :p

OOCO
06-08-2001, 04:59 AM
Yep, we don't belive you. Bring on the pics!

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:01 AM
Let's see a picture then. :p
sorry ain't got a scanner- and i ain't sending it in the post

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:04 AM
She's lying. She is one fat whore! ;)

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:08 AM
She's lying. She is one fat whore! ;)
red card there's no need for that:(

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:09 AM
Aw, you've hurt her feelings! :D Must be true. :eek:

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:11 AM
Nope, nope. I must apologise. Was pretty Harsh. Sorry Borninwales1. What's your name by the way?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:13 AM
Aw, you've hurt her feelings! :D Must be true. :eek:
well if that's the only way you two can get you're women then you must be more than than just the standard low lifes:D

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:15 AM
Ok. We're even.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:15 AM
Nope, nope. I must apologise. Was pretty Harsh. Sorry Borninwales1. What's your name by the way?
why?- you won't enjoy slagging me off if you know who i am

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:18 AM
Whys that then?

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:19 AM

well if that's the only way you two can get you're women then you must be more than than just the standard low lifes:D

:D Fair do's

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:20 AM

why?- you won't enjoy slagging me off if you know who i am

Are you famous then?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:20 AM
Whys that then?
too personal-
looks like brett's gone to bed quietly this time!

this thread should be about hating man u btw

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:22 AM

Are you famous then?
well i'm not helen, so no i'm just little, inconspicious old me

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:23 AM
Yup, I hate Man U fans! :D

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:27 AM

too personal-
looks like brett's gone to bed quietly this time!

this thread should be about hating man u btw

How is it personal? I only want your first name. It's not like I'm asking for your address. ;) Nah, it's up to you. If you don't want to say then ok.
Who cares what it's SUPPOSED to be about. can you be bothered to create a new thread?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:29 AM

How is it personal? I only want your first name. It's not like I'm asking for your address. ;) Nah, it's up to you. If you don't want to say then ok.
Who cares what it's SUPPOSED to be about. can you be bothered to create a new thread?

ok then its jess- have you just finished exams?:grrr:

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:32 AM
nope, just finished my course at college.

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:33 AM
Same here. Been off for about 2 months!

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:35 AM
Yep. It's been about that.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:38 AM
nope, just finished my course at college.

what ya both been doing? i'm waiting for a level results:grrr:

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:40 AM
Nothing really. Have cricket on weekends. Apart from that. A few odd things. Good luck with your A-Levels. What course did you take?

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:42 AM
Working and sweet fa. Good luck everyone with results. Mine come out on my birthday! :grrr:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:44 AM
thanx i'll need it- english and biology did the courses in a year -time out to have a baby back on track now i hope:p

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:44 AM
Already know I passed. All my worryings over for the summer.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:47 AM
Working and sweet fa. Good luck everyone with results. Mine come out on my birthday! :grrr:

double the excuse to be rat arsed:D
no offence - I HATE AMERICANS!!!!!!
cocky, arrogant worse things about the french only 1000000000 times worse:grrr:

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:48 AM
Already know I passed. All my worryings over for the summer.
lucky git!:D
what ya gonna do next?

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:50 AM

double the excuse to be rat arsed:D

Hell yeah! :cool: :angel:

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:50 AM
Haven't made my mind up yet. I'm not very good at making decisions. :(

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 05:53 AM
Haven't made my mind up yet. I'm not very good at making decisions. :(

join the club

OOCO
06-08-2001, 05:55 AM
I've got work in 6hrs, so I'm off. Night all! ;)

Si121
06-08-2001, 05:56 AM
Oooo...we're left all alone. ;)

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:01 AM
so we are, lightweights!:confused:

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:01 AM
What made you come up with saying you hate Americans anyway?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:03 AM
jist watched them winning al the sprint races in edmington
don't mind do you?:moo:

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:04 AM
My dads American

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:06 AM
Nahh, He's not really. I totally agree with you. They are as cocky as anything.

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:08 AM
lets gang up on stve from phoenix:D

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:09 AM
ok. Got any tricks up your sleeve to do this?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:11 AM
nope just general abuse:D

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:12 AM
Ok. Is he online now?

Steve in Phoenix
06-08-2001, 06:15 AM
lets gang up on stve from phoenix:D

I hate y'all. Im taking my ball home now. :grrr: Or should that be 3 medals from the 100m that Im taking home? :D

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix

I hate y'all. Im taking my ball home now. :grrr: Or should that be 3 medals from the 100m that Im taking home? :D
tuche if that's how its spelt:D

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:20 AM
Ok. Is he online now?

he was but i think hes gone running back to uncle sam!

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:21 AM
Cockyness again. ;) Haven't seen them win the rowing at the olympics for quite some time though have we. What about swimming. All that population and the aussies and dutch still kick your arse!

Steve in Phoenix
06-08-2001, 06:25 AM
he was but i think hes gone running back to uncle sam!

Nah was just getting some food.. Im not actually American.. just substituting for them :) South Londoner, me.

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:27 AM
ok, we'll lay off ya then. Sorry about that. Be honest though. Do you think alot of Americans are cocky?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:30 AM
american is as american does

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:33 AM
Leave him alone now Jeni. Why are you living in America?

Born in Wales1
06-08-2001, 06:35 AM
see i told you

cant help it need to cause an argument nothing else to do:(

Si121
06-08-2001, 06:37 AM
oh. I'm not interesting enough? :grrr:

Steve in Phoenix
06-08-2001, 06:38 AM
ok, we'll lay off ya then. Sorry about that. Be honest though. Do you think alot of Americans are cocky?

Yeah a lot of Americans are cocky.. but the key phrase is "a lot" - not all of them are. Dont know if you guys saw the threads but there was some discussion over the Aussie / American arrogance a week or so ago.. should still be here in the forum somewhere. Part of what makes them so successful is their attitude.

Still at least arrogance is better than ignorance. For example there was zero coverage of the ice hockey world championships and America doesnt even bother sending its best team to it. You would hardly know it was on. P!ssed me off.

Steve in Phoenix
06-08-2001, 06:39 AM
Leave him alone now Jeni. Why are you living in America?

Work with an internet company on a 2 year internship.. originally in Phoenix, now in Florida.

NottsEagle
06-08-2001, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by exiled in Wales

5. Seagulls following trawlers.

You've hit the nail on the head - that's what glory-hunters are! I bet he didn't know he was talking about his own fans. At least we Palace fans accept what we're given - even if sometimes it infuriates us - how are you supposed to feel pleasure when you haven't felt the lows and disappointments that come with being a real fan.

We should pity these people - they don't know what there missing really.

ps anyone who wants to form a vigilante group to 'cleanse' the streets of Bromley of these people please apply here

Levski
11-08-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle

You've hit the nail on the head there James. I personally don't have a problem with anyone who goes and watches their team play, but when glory hunters suggest that you support a decent team it really winds me up.

Ever heard of loyalty? I doubt such people have, and personally it is why I dislike them and find that I cannot trust them. If they can't stick with a football club in bad times I dread to think what sort of friends they would turn out to be.

I guess it's a choice. Fake Man U fans aren't really fans. They just want to be associated with success. They wouldn't understand what supporting a team is really like. So let them live in their substandard world, while we know best, like proper fans. I'd rather forget about Man Utd, but the media does its best to prevent that. I can't much care what happens to them.

Eagle of the East
11-08-2001, 11:41 PM
People who want them to go out of the champions league. They still represent England and England performing in Europe will represent English teams which means more players will come to the likes of Crystal Palace rather than Someone Like Real Sociadad.

Absolute bollox mate.

Eagle of the East
11-08-2001, 11:43 PM

Have you ever seen him live and in the flesh?

The boy is head and shoulders above most players.

I had the privelige of watching him for England and have to say that he runs the show.

He is class. World Class.

You just fancy him;)

Eagle of the East
11-08-2001, 11:46 PM

sorry boys!! i'm not a football fan at all, i just like causing arguments, after all i'm jist a bored housewife whose fed up with daytime tv now that richard and judy no longer bighten up my mornings

no hard feelings eh, i'm just a simple woman who has forgotten her place:love: :love: :love:

Dont back down born in Wales, david beckham IS vastly over rated and the likes of Brett and si21 (though they might like to think so) are not the "voices of football"
If David Beckham was born with the face of Peter Beardsley, and was married to a Nora Batty lookalike there would not be even half the hype about him (on and off the pitch)
He is used by Man U as an effective marketing tool.