PDA

View Full Version : Poor Policing at Withdean?

mailman
20-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Who came up with the idea that both sets of fans had to go throught the tunnel at the end of the game, we came out of the end and the police sent us under the tunnel. The police were standing at each end of the road but all the way down the road were Scum loking for trouble. surley the police could have been all the way along that that setion of road.

or are they looking for the trouble to kick off so they they can get the nubers up.

c_block_lad
20-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Intresting.

I thought the Policing today was excellent. None of this section 60 bollocks. They kept the main "Mob" of Palace going back to Haywards Heath together after the game and I didnt see any trouble.

Couple of mouthy scummers, but that was about it. I think there was to many OB for any real trouble.

WE DONE THE SCUM 3-2

mailman
20-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Before the game I agree it was well policed but then at the end of the game they let both sets of fans into an area were trouble could have happened the scum did not give a mokneys who they had it with, if the police had kept us back or put some buses at our end any trouble could have been sorted.

But hi we beat the scum 3-2 and i was on skyagain

Pikie Punisher
20-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mailman
both sets of fans had to go throught the tunnel at the end of the game

Didn't the Weed fans try to go up the brown one :confused: ?

c_block_lad
20-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Im on Sky with my mate down the front when Jobi scores.

Brillant.

Pikie Punisher
20-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Im on Sky with my mate down the front

Ooo-er c_block, sure you ain't a Weed fan :eek: !

c_block_lad
20-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pikie Punisher
Ooo-er c_block, sure you ain't a Weed fan :eek: !

:D :love:

Sandowneagle
21-11-2005, 02:26 PM
"We can see you holding hands"

tasty_snacks
21-11-2005, 08:17 PM
i thought it was a bit budget too. the directions for the park and ride were poor, we pretty much had to find our own way there. moreover given the way the match ended, it would have been wise to keep them behind whilst we cleared the area. :D when we reached the main road after the bridge/tunnel there were a fair few people looking for trouble and not many police. in fact, police quickly began running towards that point. they've been there a few seasons now and it's an obvious topographical point for trouble to congregate, so one would expect them to have cottoned on to this by now.

BlazeRIP
21-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Thick as shit

andy m
21-11-2005, 08:45 PM
I was disappointed with the Policing which sadly seemed to follow the Met's style of quantity over quality, not that Sussex are anything to shout about but they're better than the Met. As we walked through the tunnel and down towards the park and ride there were absolutely loads of Brighton quite loudly stating that they were staying where they were because there weren't any "Old Bill" around - so it was quite obvious what they were there for.

What concerned me most was that the only Police I saw between the entrance to that tunnel and then the road where the buses were parked were Special Constables. Okay they've got the uniform but they don't have the training and they were deployed closest to what was clearly the only possible area for any real trouble.

I'm glad that they got away with it and that there are even people on this thread that believe they did a good job, but as far as I'm concerned they got lucky.

andy m
21-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Intresting.

I thought the Policing today was excellent.

I promise you, it wasn't.