PDA

View Full Version : No Reich for Coventry game (and team news)

Webb
21-11-2005, 08:59 PM
PALACE will be without German international midfielder Marco Reich for the visit of Micky Adams' men.

Reich was the match-winner when the two sides met in September's Carling Cup clash, but the thigh injury he sustained during Sunday's dramatic 3-2 at the Withdean rules him out of Tuesday's game.

His replacement is likely to be Jobi McAnuff, who came off the bench to snatch the winner with virtually the last kick of the game, prompting Gabor Kiraly to run the full length of the pitch to get involved in the celebrations.

In better news for Palace midfielder Mikele Leigertwood and Jon Macken both return to the squad, having been missing of late with ankle and back injuries respectively.

For the visitors a creditable home draw against Ipswich at the Ricoh Arena could see Adams name an unchanged side for the second match in succession, although the minor knock captain Stephen Hughes collected could rule him out of contention.

Speaking after Saturday's 1-1 draw, secured thanks to another goal from the prolific Gary McSheffrey, Adams commented: "I thought we deserved something out of the game, and I think Joe [Royle] must have been wearing his blue and white blinkers when he said we didn't."

The Sky Blues boss is again expected to pair erstwhile Palace frontman Dele Adebola with McSheffrey in attack, although former Wrexham striker Andy Morrell could be pushing for a return to the starting line-up after replacing a below-par Adebola at the weekend.

Visit the Palace website for half-time and full-time reports of the action from Selhurst Park. The match kicks off at 8pm.

wilf789
21-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Not the worst thing, obviously bad that he's injured but Jobi is a class player anyway, just hope he's fit enough to play full 90 mins

forsells no1 fan
21-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Shame i was hoping for another cracker like he got against them in the Cup!

Palaceboy222
21-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Shame about Marco, i would have liked both him and Jobi to play, i hope Macken gets a chance,

I.Flyer
21-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I am rather surprised that Marco is injured. Judging by the look of amazement on his face when he was subbed yesterday he was not expecting this substitution.

stevey_d
21-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Erm Leigertwood and Macken are playing for the reserves on wednesday I am lead to believe....so I doubt they will feature on tuesday.

Psychokiller
21-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Wonder if this has anything to do with the contract negotiations?

bananaman
22-11-2005, 01:15 AM
i cant beleive hes injured aswell he looked really shocked when he got subbed.

maybe germans faces just look funny like that all the time then :rolleyes:

limited_edition
22-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Great. Another injury. :bash:

No sign of anyone getting fit anytime soon. We were supposed to have Macken and Leggy fit for contention on Sun, but obviously they weren't fit. Won't be holding my breath that they are fit for tonight.

Beanie
22-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bananaman
i cant beleive hes injured aswell he looked really shocked when he got subbed.

maybe germans faces just look funny like that all the time then :rolleyes:
The TV close up as his number was raised didn't look like shock - in fact he appeared to be moving towards the bench before the number was even raised, and whilst jogging he certainly wasn't moving freely as he left the pitch.

samtheeagle
22-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Will AJ be on the bench?

Granada allover
22-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I wonder if Dowie will opt for a holding midfielder (Lighterfluid if fit?) to protect a shaky defence - and sacrifice one from Watson/Soares/Hughes.

Beanie
22-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Great. Another injury. :bash:

No sign of anyone getting fit anytime soon. We were supposed to have Macken and Leggy fit for contention on Sun, but obviously they weren't fit. Won't be holding my breath that they are fit for tonight.
Hardly a major rash of injuries, they've just been long term. Only the press seemed to think Macken and Leggy would be involved Sunday - and they also seemed to think that Popovic would replace Hall or Ward despite still being jet-lagged, so clearly not the most reliable. Players will always miss odd games, Leggy and Granville haven't been fit at all so the only real injuries have been AJ and Macken, who does seem vunerable to just about anything.

mr_teen82
22-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by samtheeagle
Will AJ be on the bench?

Doubt it - hes probablly 2 weeks away according to Dowie on Sun

limited_edition
22-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Hardly a major rash of injuries, they've just been long term. Only the press seemed to think Macken and Leggy would be involved Sunday - and they also seemed to think that Popovic would replace Hall or Ward despite still being jet-lagged, so clearly not the most reliable. Players will always miss odd games, Leggy and Granville haven't been fit at all so the only real injuries have been AJ and Macken, who does seem vunerable to just about anything. No, but it still leaves us short of options. We were so desperate for fit bodies, Black was on the bench Sun. With Reich out and Jobi in, it leaves another space on the bench tonight. Wonder what kid from the reserves will be in ?

Concerned Butts is still unfit, given our on-going LB problem. Danny G's unfit and frankly, GB is not up to it. With Butts in the side, at least Boyce could cover LB. Ok, it's not ideal, but better than GB. It's becoming like a Trevor Francis season with all the silly niggly injuries we're getting. Didn't have this problem a year ago, or in Dowie's first season. Forget our lack of good performances and the gap btwn us and Sheff U/Reading for a mo, our injury problems are beginning to concern me more.

David Amsalem
22-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Straight swap for Jobi then.

Would expect to see,

Kiraly, Boyce, Hall, Ward, Borrowdale, McAnuff, Soares, Watson, Hughes, Freedman, Morrison.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
22-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Left back is a problem. So why is David Amsalem posting on here instead of coming to the rescue?

Panther
22-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Because he's heard that we've re-signed Amir Karic?

andy m
22-11-2005, 04:22 PM
So no Reich. I like Reich in general but I didn't think too much of him at Brighton, although my reading of that particular game was obstructed by the ground, and I thought Jobi showed a lot of desire and effort when he came on so not too upset if its a straight swap.

With Hughes missing for them I think some direct running from the likes of Jobi will really unsettle them.

Al From Bromley
22-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I'd always be wary of German subs. I'll get my coat.

Beanie
22-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by mr_teen82
Doubt it - hes probablly 2 weeks away according to Dowie on Sun
Do you seriously think ID gave a direct answer to that? What he actual said was that he wasn't fit, could be soon. perhaps a week, perhaps a little more. That could mean anything from Today to Millwall or beyond. Quite right too - why should he tell the opposition AJ's fitness?

follow cpfc
22-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Well i think Jobi will start

Ricky_Wood2003
22-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Teams are in!!!
http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10323~744753,00.html

daz_eagle
22-11-2005, 07:30 PM
hughesie injured?...

rhiannapaul
22-11-2005, 07:50 PM
this poxy AJ slight niggle is dragging on and on

leeofmedway
23-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Spoke to Hughes, Reich and AJ before the game. Hughes said he had not had time to recover from Sunday and will be available for Saturday. Reich said he had a groin injury and did not know how long he would be out. AJ said he was not being rushed back but hoped to feature on Saturday or next Wednesday.

sydnsteve
23-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by stevey_d
Erm Leigertwood and Macken are playing for the reserves on wednesday I am lead to believe....so I doubt they will feature on tuesday.

Oh well.