PDA

View Full Version : Ity's all a question of temo

paulws
28-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Ok, this is another negative thread, but this is a forum. Just watching Cardiff v Ipswich it really has reinforced my belief that the game is being played at a far quicker tempo than Palace are prepared to play at. See the enthusiasm, closing down, winning the ball-and-passing-and running into space for a possible return? Making things happen? We are not at the races with our arrogant, slow motion, 'we are so good we can spray it around' attitude. It doesn't work. Teams know they simply have to 'get among' us from the first whistle and the game is theirs. Our midfielders need a rocket up their a****s. GET STUCK IN! Get a tackle in..in fact anything but stroll around thinking you're f****ing Brazil (but without the talent). Learn the lesson!

Sorry about this rather unusual rant from me, but seeing how simple the game can be played it has tippied me over the edge.

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

paulws
28-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by paulws
Ok, this is another negative thread, but this is a forum. Just watching Cardiff v Ipswich it really has reinforced my belief that the game is being played at a far quicker tempo than Palace are prepared to play at. See the enthusiasm, closing down, winning the ball-and-passing-and running into space for a possible return? Making things happen? We are not at the races with our arrogant, slow motion, 'we are so good we can spray it around' attitude. It doesn't work. Teams know they simply have to 'get among' us from the first whistle and the game is theirs. Our midfielders need a rocket up their a****s. GET STUCK IN! Get a tackle in..in fact anything but stroll around thinking you're f****ing Brazil (but without the talent). Learn the lesson!

Sorry about this rather unusual rant from me, but seeing how simple the game can be played it has tippied me over the edge.

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Of course it should read tempo in the thread title!

cpfc_spc1982
28-11-2005, 09:35 PM
cardiff have a better team than we do.
that was just a great finish as well.

28-11-2005, 09:38 PM
we have a better team, but they have better motivation and passion

cpfc_spc1982
28-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 007
we have a better team, but they have better motivation and passion

we have the best individual thats it.

paulws
28-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
we have the best individual thats it.

I wasn't comparing us with Cardiff specifically..it was merely that the way the game was played (I know Cardiff had an extra man) generally was of a far higher tempo and that is what is needed in this league. We are, quite simply, too slow and static in midfield and totally devoid of enthusiasm for closing the opposition down.