PDA

View Full Version : Do we want to win at Boro

Eagle Mal
29-11-2005, 10:20 PM
What team will be out, will we bounce back, will this weaken our team for saturday, ? will the game be on, anybody up north that can up date us on the weather!

eddieskyclad
29-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Did you not look in this forum already? Just we already have a Middlesbrough Weather Thread (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121045) and a Lets talk about the team we might start with thread (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120969)

And yes we do want to win ;)

aj4england
29-11-2005, 10:29 PM
yes - need the money .

boxing francis
29-11-2005, 10:33 PM
I couldn't care less about the cup, its an unwanted distraction.

eagles #1
29-11-2005, 10:35 PM
We wont win.

eddieskyclad
29-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
We wont win. For my sake I hope we do... I work in a school in Redcar (about 7 miles from Middlesbrough) and I've been bigging up Palace for a while. Anyways I have small wagers with 7 members of staff (nothing major but it's surprising how quickly it added up) and have told all the kids that they can come find me on Thurday morning and apologise to me for doubting Crystal Palace. Can just imagine them all coming to rub it in should we get beat...

hughff
29-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I want to win. Despite what some say, the Carling Cup is a passport to Europe and therefore important. I'd love to go all the way.

howard
29-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes we wan't to win but, no we won't. Millscum is a far bigger game for us right now although, I'm sure the reserves will put on a good show up at Boro.

cumbrian_eagles
29-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I hope we win! I don't fancy another semi wasted trip to stand in the cold to see another crap game.

PengeEagle
29-11-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't think we will win, but it would be nice.

GreatGonzo
29-11-2005, 11:42 PM
They played Uefa cup last Thursday, West Brom sunday so this makes 3 games in 7 days so can see a few people getting rested, especially with Chelsea away on Saturday.

Team which faced AZ:
Jones ,Bates ,Ehiogu ,Riggott ,Pogatetz ,Morrison (Parnaby ,65 ) ,Doriva ,Boateng ,Nemeth (Queudrue ,75 ) ,Hasselbaink ,Viduka (Yakubu ,64 )

Team against West Brom:
Schwarzer ,Riggott ,Southgate ,Queudrue (Nemeth ,45 ) ,Parnaby ,Morrison (Doriva ,79 ) ,Boateng ,Rochemback ,Pogatetz ,Yakubu ,Viduka (Hasselbaink ,79 )

I guess Jimi will play, am hoping they rest Boateng cos he always looks good but 4 games in 10 days is surely too much.

I think we will have a fair chance to win this one, just depends how well we play.

PengeEagle
29-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
just depends how well we play.

Probably brilliantly, win 2-0 then lose to Millwall on Saturday knowing Palace.

Farawayeagle
30-11-2005, 12:40 AM
MARCO Reich will definitely be missing for Palace for tomorrow night's trip to the Riverside to take on Middlesbrough in the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

Having experienced some abdominal pain in recent weeks the German international is to undergo a hernia operation, and will be sidelined for up to a month.

In better news for the club Tony Popovic is ready to make his return to the first team, having helped steer his native Australia to next summer's World Cup finals.

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/MatchPreview/0,,10323~747797,00.html

BaldEagle96
30-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Do we want to win?

Well as one of the few making the trip up there today of course I want us to win!

BaldEagle96
Do we want to win?

Well as one of the few making the trip up there today of course I want us to win!

BaldEagle96
Do we want to win?

AshfordianEagle
30-11-2005, 07:59 AM
BE96, want's to win bad :D

cpfcben
30-11-2005, 08:10 AM
I don't want to win and I certainly don't want it to go into extra time!! I couldnt give a to$$ about the carling cup. I also pray that AJ has no ill effects of starting his first game for sometime!!

This is the sort of game I can imagine us winning as there will be no pressure on us.
Clowns in the quarters or semi's!!

BTW- I wouldn't be complaining if we did win.;)

charltonhater
30-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Of course we want to win. I'm not making a 570 mile round trip to watch us play like a bunch of pansies.

andyocpfc
30-11-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm astonished people dont want us to win, you can never go wrong with a win if nothing else but to give confidence

JayT
30-11-2005, 08:30 AM
A win will be nice but I'm not fussed if we lose. A win will get us a bit of confidence (hopefully) and give Dowie a chance to experiment with the defence (get bloody Hall out of there). It should also allow Leggy to get some match practice in before he makes his way back into the starting line up on Saturday.

All in all, getting through to the next round will be a nice little distraction, a little bit more cash and a chance to go back to Cardiff. I don't expect to win this game but I think we can.

Al From Bromley
30-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, of course. Beat Boro, draw Donny at home and we're in the semi's!

cpfc4ever
30-11-2005, 08:55 AM
want to win but its going to be hard!

LeeH
30-11-2005, 08:56 AM
yes - a win will do for me, please.

IanH
30-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by JayT
It should also allow Leggy to get some match practice in before he makes his way back into the starting line up on Saturday.

Would we want to play him against the bottom side at home? I know our midfield is weak, but surely he should only be played when we are up against a much better midfield.

La Bombonera
30-11-2005, 09:02 AM
'Course we should want to win. Furthermore so should the players ... they're paid adequately enough to compete on all fronts :p

screamingalice
30-11-2005, 09:14 AM
A win tonight is a must to improve confidence and with players coming back from injury make them fight for their places.

LP
30-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Defeat by the odd goal in 90 mins with AJ getting on the scoresheet would be ideal. We can't afford extra games and need to start picking up points now.

cpfc_spc1982
30-11-2005, 11:26 AM
for all those going up there i sure hope we put on a performance win or lose.

Tom's Old Man
30-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Anyone who doesn't want Palace to win is not a supporter of the club.

MATTY THE EAGLE
30-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Money, Money, Money

The Vicar
30-11-2005, 02:32 PM
If we win, we should be on telly for the quarter finals...

Although I'd take a win in the league over a win in this cup.

palace_crystal
30-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Would the people who say they think this cup is worthless come along to a cup final should we get there? Of course they fkin would!

JAT!!!!

We are 4 games away from winning some silverware, so yes I do want to win this game, as I wish the club to win EVERY game (including friendlies/exhibitions etc)

For a 'CHAMPIONSHIP' club we should be looking at competitions like this to raise the profile of the club (eg beating Liverpool) increase revenue, give the fans a chance to see the club compete against premiership opposition, 'confidence' boosts, from progressing further in the competition etc.

There shouldn't even be a conversation on whether you want the club to win this game or not.

As a supporter you want your team to win, end of. If your connected with the club, (player/coach/manager/chairman) you want to win every game. If you don't serious questions need to be asked of their commitment - then dealt with.

LP
30-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom's Old Man
Anyone who doesn't want Palace to win is not a supporter of the club.

What a ridiculous statement

CaptainCharisma
30-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I really wanna win. |I want Palace to win every game they play, no matter what. I missed the FA Cup in 1990as my old man hadn't introduced me to footy til after, and i would love to see us in a cup final and actually win something lol. Cup runs are funa and enjoyable and a good break from the league. We were so close when we lost to liverpool in the semi's, until 10 minutes in the second leg past and i stood there watching my dreams die lol.

PhilD
30-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Of course we want to win. Whether we will or not is a different matter. We're not exactly full of confidence at the moment and 'boro are one of the Premiership lot that actually value this competition quite highly.

Away Day Eagle
30-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by La Bombonera
'Course we should want to win. Furthermore so should the players ... they're paid adequately enough to compete on all fronts :p

Well said LB.

Why shouldn't we ?

Up the Palace !!!

bald-eagle
30-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
......I think we will have a fair chance to win this one, just depends how well we play.

Bloody hell GG. One minute your nearly suicidal with despair at the total shambles that is CPFC and berating all and sundry about the tactical ineptitude of the management and players, but now you think we can meat a decent premier team on their own ground with (likely) a reserve team :bash: :bash:

Al From Bromley
30-11-2005, 04:42 PM
On reflection this thread should be entitled "Dowie want to win at Boro?"