PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Injury....

Eric the Ginga
30-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Just seen on the BBC site that Clinton replaced AJ at half time because of 'injury'.

Well woopy dooo

BW_Palace
30-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Which is strange considering the radio haven't mentioned such an injury.

I *hope* it's just the BBC website being wrong.

hayles
30-11-2005, 09:33 PM
read in the paper today that Dowie wasnt intending on playing AJ for the full 90 mins tonight!

cpfclife
30-11-2005, 09:34 PM
being taken off cos just come back from injury duh!

dodge_bond
30-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Dowie has said he was not going to play the full 90!

King William
30-11-2005, 09:37 PM
radio 5 just said he was taken off due to injury?? hope there wrong

Absolution
30-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Hopefully it was the plan... or playing safe

dodge_bond
30-11-2005, 09:39 PM
if the injury is trus all i can say is . . .

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lightweight
30-11-2005, 09:40 PM
he never intented to play him for 90 - let's hope he thought that 1-0 up would take him off for a rest...... fingers crossed

AlanD
30-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Im actually shitting myself now.

FFS, i hope this is all wrong.

Ruskin Old Boy
30-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Dowie said before the game that AJ would only play part of the game

Andy08
30-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Please be ok AJ!

100% Palace
30-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
I *hope* it's just the BBC website being wrong.

They have also said that Speroni took an attacking throw in, so probably.

AlanD
30-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 100% Palace
They have also said that Speroni took an attacking throw in, so probably.

Slightly reasuring, im off to bed now for Lost.

I hope that it was all wrong when i get up in the morning.

Welling Neil
30-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Relax, AJ said in the Evening Standard tonight that he was only going to play the 45 due to lack of match fitness.

Palaceboy222
30-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I just hope he was just being rested

gullie
30-11-2005, 10:13 PM
AJ FINE FFS.

spunky
30-11-2005, 10:14 PM
source??

foxinthebox
30-11-2005, 10:28 PM
id rather we lose and aj remain fit

eddieskyclad
30-11-2005, 10:41 PM
He didn't look injured and while he was felled a few times in the first half there was no instance you can point to where we thought he was injured. We figured he was just been rested, mind you saying that I guess we can't really tell...

imashed
30-11-2005, 10:57 PM
just read that quote dowie made about aj ,just shows even dowie has doubts about us going up now?so were does that leave us

JAS78
30-11-2005, 11:04 PM
im sure he'll be ok, 45 mins under his belt, ready to terrorise the millwall defence 3 o'clock saturday........ i hope

elliott
30-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by dodge_bond
Dowie has said he was not going to play the full 90!

That's lucky. He was good in the 90s, not so sure he'd be any good now

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
01-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by AlanD
Slightly reasuring, im off to bed now for Lost.

Blimey anyone still watch that old tosh ? I gave up after the farcical first episode !

BUNGLE
01-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Who do people reckon will be upfront on saturday? I'm hoping Johnson and Morrison

bald-eagle
01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
AJ and the doog

Riccardo
01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
How is Clinton's shoulder...ok ?

The Ferret
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
From Teamtalk, also in Sporting life

Dowie defends AJ decision

Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie insisted he was right to take off Andrew Johnson at half-time against Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup.

Palace were threatening in the first half with Johnson - making his first start since 13 September following a knee injury - looking dangerous and having a hand in the Franck Queudrue own goal that gave the Eagles the lead.

But the England striker did not reappear for the second half - and Boro won thanks to goals from Mark Viduka and Szilard Nemeth.

"I was never going to play him for more than 45 minutes," insisted Dowie. "Sometimes when you cool down at half-time you become very stiff, so we did not want to risk him.

"It was good to have him back, we will wrap him up in cotton wool to make sure he is okay for Saturday's game against Millwall - he is a special player for us."

davematt
01-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I would start with AJ & Macken. Both sounded good last night. AJ has to start, and Clinton is struggling at present, and Dougie/AJ does not work.

cpfcben
01-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Please stay fit AJ!! You are the key to promotion. Up up and away!

ebyeeckeagle
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I feel for the travelling support, and it would have been nice to get further in the cup, but looking after AJ was the right priority.

Glowing Guardian report on AJ (http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,-59298,00.html)

screamingalice
01-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by davematt
I would start with AJ & Macken. Both sounded good last night. AJ has to start, and Clinton is struggling at present, and Dougie/AJ does not work.

How do you justify leaving out our most consistent player in recent matches. What incentive would that provide to players who get back in the first team, play well and still get left out?

If you want to play A.J. & Clinton up front Dougie has got to play just behind them, perhaps we will get some decent service to the front two then!

smileysmith
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Anyone considered the possibilty that "taken off for injury" means that he has been taken off because he was only being played to get match fitness because of an earlier injury?

917L
01-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by davematt

Brilliant leave the striker in the best form out!

For AJ it may be understandable, for Macken it would be a joke.

GreatGonzo
01-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by The Ferret
"I was never going to play him for more than 45 minutes," insisted Dowie. "Sometimes when you cool down at half-time you become very stiff, so we did not want to risk him.

Makes sense for a muscle injury but i didn't think AJ's was, it was more ligament or tendon related. In which case as long as the physio's looked after him and kept the knee working he would have been fine.

Just seems like a bit of a made up excuse to me, not like he will take him off on Saturday at half time cos he is worried he would have cooled down too much is it.

He was never going to make the 90 but looked sharp still and i would have though would have done better for having an hour under his belt.

GrayP41ace
01-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Makes sense for a muscle injury but i didn't think AJ's was, it was more ligament or tendon related. In which case as long as the physio's looked after him and kept the knee working he would have been fine.

Just seems like a bit of a made up excuse to me, not like he will take him off on Saturday at half time cos he is worried he would have cooled down too much is it.

He was never going to make the 90 but looked sharp still and i would have though would have done better for having an hour under his belt.

Manager and Physio??? Why have Palace not sacked Dowie yet!! ;)

krackers
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM

typical F**king gonzo post....if he had played 60mins...you would have turned around and said why not 70 mins.....

are u a physio ? well i suppose u could be...

do u know the exact injury and and all the facts to 100% NOOOO u dont...why do u pick holes in everything. get a life.

Radders
01-12-2005, 02:47 PM

FFS, your a f**king physio as well now are you??? Doesn't surprise me. Football player/manager, Pilot, Businessman, physio... is there any end to your arrogan......errrrr......talent???

Perhaps he won't do it Saturday because it would be his 3rd appearance and 2nd start after a 13 week lay off and not his first? Why would Dowie need to "Make up and excuse?" please explain!

Dowie (football manager, former pro player, ex international) gave him 45. Gonzo (Idiot) would have given him 60 mins. The SAME Gonzo that blames AJ's prelonged abscence on Dowies 'mistake' of bringing him back to early at Coventry and Dowie never learning from his mistakes. So, for arguments sake, lets say Cov WAS Dowies fault, he's trying to learns from his mistakes and surprise surprise your STILL not happy!

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

GreatGonzo
01-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by krackers
typical F**king gonzo post....if he had played 60mins...you would have turned around and said why not 70 mins.....

are u a physio ? well i suppose u could be...

do u know the exact injury and and all the facts to 100% NOOOO u dont...why do u pick holes in everything. get a life.

No i am not a physio although spent quite a bit of time around them, and i do know a fair bit about knee injuries thanks.

I do not know the exact injuries but i have read various reports on what it is NONE of them being muscular (which is i think our first one not to be muscular this season, most are groins and hamstrings etc)

Oh and 60 minutes is a standard sort of time to take off players coming back from injury hence why that time was picked.

CPFC_DAVE77
01-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AlanD
Im actually shitting myself now.

Why? He's not our only player:rolleyes:

CPFC_DAVE77
01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
How do you justify leaving out our most consistent player in recent matches. What incentive would that provide to players who get back in the first team, play well and still get left out?

If you want to play A.J. & Clinton up front Dougie has got to play just behind them, perhaps we will get some decent service to the front two then!

:lux: :lux: 100% agree

Radders
01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
No i am not a physio although spent quite a bit of time around them, and i do know a fair bit about knee injuries thanks.

I do not know the exact injuries but i have read various reports on what it is NONE of them being muscular (which is i think our first one not to be muscular this season, most are groins and hamstrings etc)

Oh and 60 minutes is a standard sort of time to take off players coming back from injury hence why that time was picked.

Paragraph 1) You don't know enough to make the judgement you made so shut up.

Paragraph 2) So what. Shut up.

Paragraph 3) What absolute bollocks. "Standard sort of time" You have excelled yourself well done. Shut the f**k up.

:hi:

Boyandy
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Are people getting the words `physio` and `psycho` mixed up here?

cpfcben
01-12-2005, 03:00 PM

hahaha:bash: :bash:

pete eagle
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM

I think the point Dowie is making is that AJ is obviously a bit vulnerable to injuries at the moment and is not fully fit, so playing him for the extra 15 minutes would be unnecessary risk taking, especially against a physically competitive team like Middlesborough. Most players play an hour after having played a couple of reserve games, AJ hasn't.

GreatGonzo
01-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
I think the point Dowie is making is that AJ is obviously a bit vulnerable to injuries at the moment and is not fully fit, so playing him for the extra 15 minutes would be unnecessary risk taking, especially against a physically competitive team like Middlesborough. Most players play an hour after having played a couple of reserve games, AJ hasn't.

Thats the point though Middlesborogh weren't a particularly physical side, he came through the game at Luton without and setback which would suggest the ligaments (assuming the reports about the injury were right) were ok. Then it is more of a fitness thing.

AJ has been training for a while no whereas befor ehe came back against Coventry he had hardly trained.

Radders
01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Thats the point though Middlesborogh weren't a particularly physical side, he came through the game at Luton without and setback which would suggest the ligaments (assuming the reports about the injury were right) were ok. Then it is more of a fitness thing.

AJ has been training for a while no whereas befor ehe came back against Coventry he had hardly trained.

The point is, you are claiming to have knowledge which you don't. You are making what you would have people believe are factual statements based on assumptions and you are yet again critiscising for the sake of it.
Do you never tire of being wrong so often but by some form of osmosis convincing yourself you are right??
Do you not ever get the urge to say to someone "yeah, thats a fair point, I could be wrong!!" ???

Away Day Eagle
01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Radders

Do you never tire of being wrong so often by by some form of osmosis convincing yourself you are right??
Do you not ever get the urge to say to someone "yeah, thats a fair point, I could be wrong!!" ???

GG

I would be grateful if you could answer these reasonable points, I have often wondered.

Everyone else exhibits an ability to acknowledge other viewpoints and take them on board.

Please advise.

pete eagle
01-12-2005, 03:49 PM

Big Ugo, Gareth Southgate, George Boateng, Quedrue are hardly slouches when it comes to putting the tough tackles. Gareth clattered Johnson in the first half. No need to risk him

TheCharmer
01-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
GG

I would be grateful if you could answer these reasonable points, I have often wondered.

Everyone else exhibits an ability to acknowledge other viewpoints and take them on board.

Please advise.

Seconded....

Radders
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
GG

Please advise.

Well put. :p

As much as he gets on my tits I think these ARE fair points!

GreatGonzo
01-12-2005, 03:57 PM
GG

Please advise.

I aknowledge other peoples viewpoints, even if i do not agree with them. Interesting that Radders never acknowledges mine and thinks on any occasion i might be right, maybe he shoudl read his own post!

Yes it has happened that people have corrected me.

NTE did it last night, i thought it was Ugo that scored! oooppss

Away Day Eagle
01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I aknowledge other peoples viewpoints, even if i do not agree with them. Interesting that Radders never acknowledges mine and thinks on any occasion i might be right, maybe he shoudl read his own post!

The House Of Commons awaits.

Just avoid Clapham Common ;)

Away Day Eagle
01-12-2005, 04:08 PM

Are you Francis is disguise ???

Radders
01-12-2005, 04:13 PM

Hahahahaha!! :D :D

I'm sorry Gonzo but that just isn't true. Once you have made your mind up about something you are totally inflexible with regard to the truth/reality being anything apart from what you have said.

If you have an opinion which I agree/can't fault, you will find my acknowledgement comes from the fact I do not have to question what the f**k you are talking about on that particular occasion.

What happens is when I see you talk bollocks, rant inanely, pick holes for the sake of it or (if you remember the ashes thread:D ) pretend you know something when you really have no idea, I WILL pick up on it. You ignore me because it may ruin your BBS street cred (if there is any left!!!)
If you bother to read (which you don't) my posts to other Dowie Doubters, we can have a discussion, exchange points and agree to disagree but your opinions on everything football I find frankly comical and as yet, I haven't seen you put up one convincing argument for any of the minority opinions you have on any subject on the planet you could care to mention. In fact, all your arguments/opinions/points of veiw have on common thing running in them which is:-

'I go to all the games, I'm good with words, I have my own opinion on everything football, I must be right'

This is why so many just ignore you because they know you talk rubbish. I prefer to ask you to justify and you never EVER can.

Eagle123
01-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Eric the Ginga
Just seen on the BBC site that Clinton replaced AJ at half time because of 'injury'.

Well woopy dooo On the teletxt match report this morning it said AJ "limped off at half time" but although a bit worried when I read it I think they were just putting 2 and 2 together and comming up with 5 as ID said he would'nt play him for the full 90 mins and theres been no comment regarding AJ from CPFC or ID.
I think this was just guess work from a reporter that did'nt realise hes being eased back in slowly after a serious injury

orp pisshead1
01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Radders
FFS, your a f**king physio as well now are you??? Doesn't surprise me. Football player/manager, Pilot, Businessman, physio... is there any end to your arrogan......errrrr......talent???

Perhaps he won't do it Saturday because it would be his 3rd appearance and 2nd start after a 13 week lay off and not his first? Why would Dowie need to "Make up and excuse?" please explain!

Dowie (football manager, former pro player, ex international) gave him 45. Gonzo (Idiot) would have given him 60 mins. The SAME Gonzo that blames AJ's prelonged abscence on Dowies 'mistake' of bringing him back to early at Coventry and Dowie never learning from his mistakes. So, for arguments sake, lets say Cov WAS Dowies fault, he's trying to learns from his mistakes and surprise surprise your STILL not happy!

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

:D radders gold

glaziers fan
02-12-2005, 04:46 PM
He's picked up a few bruises but he will be fit for Millwall! Dowie thought about putting him on for the 2nd half for 15 mins (As GG would have liked) but apparently players can get stiff as they cool down at half time and Dowie, quite rightly, thought it wasn't worth the risk.