PDA

View Full Version : Ex Palace manager spotting (Alan Smith)

stevek
30-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Walking home from Wallington Station just now I saw Alan Smith filling up his Merc at the Total garage on Manor Road.

Nothing else to say really - but feel free to use this as an excuse to slag off the useless .

c_block_lad
30-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I thought this was a thread about seeing Smith in the Star of Bengal...

;)

Webb
30-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Stupid rich inept one eyed . Or is that too harsh?:)

stevek
30-11-2005, 09:49 PM
No, I don't think so Webb

welshneil
30-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by stevek
I saw Alan Smith filling up his Merc at the Total garage on Manor Road.

Did he look confused what to do with a petrol pump and a car???

spt1978
30-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Was he talking about mental toughness?

LLCOOLSTEVE
30-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by stevek

Nothing else to say really - but feel free to use this as an excuse to slag off the useless .

He gave us one of our best seasons in the last 15 years

c_block_lad
30-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

And one of our worst.

welshneil
30-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Very true...

Originally posted by c_block_lad
And one of our worst.

Not quite but almost!

palace & proud
30-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Champion's 93/94 pissed the League.

stevek
30-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by welshneil
Did he look confused what to do with a petrol pump and a car???

Actually he did :D

stevek
30-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
Champion's 93/94 pissed the League.

True. Coppell's team though (and while Alan Smith was exactly the right man to keep that team together, he was shit the rest of the time. Ask Wycombe fans as well.)

Psychokiller
30-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
I thought this was a thread about seeing Smith in the Star of Bengal...

;)

That smiley looks like Smith a bit....

Gavin Axten
30-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I can't give Smith stick, sure he was not a good manager for us but he was Palace through and through and loved the club.Let bygones be bygones

limited_edition
30-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Gavin Axten
I can't give Smith stick, sure he was not a good manager for us but he was Palace through and through and loved the club.Let bygones be bygones Correction. He was Fulham through and through. Good at bringing kids through, but shite at man-to-man management. Wycombe fans don't have much good to say about him, either.

SA Eagle
01-12-2005, 08:24 AM

With that team in that league, i'd have backed my grandmother to win us the Championship

welshneil
01-12-2005, 08:50 AM
I can't give Smith stick, sure he was not a good manager for us but he was Palace through and through and loved the club.Let bygones be bygones

He brought some good players to the club i.e. Aki, Kolinko, Rubins but didn't have a clue what to do with them when he got them!!! Hence Rubins turned cr@p when he got here.

Psychokiller
01-12-2005, 11:11 AM

Yes, so Palace his numberplate featured FFC.

Harry Holmesdale
01-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by SA Eagle
With that team in that league, i'd have backed my grandmother to win us the Championship

People said the same about the current squad, is Smith therefore a better manager than Dowie.....

SA Eagle
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
No, its just that people were seriously deluded about the relative abilities of our current squad when compared to the rest of the Championship.

AddiscombeEagle
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SA Eagle
No, its just that people were seriously deluded about the relative abilities of our current squad when compared to the rest of the Championship.

Agree completely, you think how good that team was we had in 94, miles better than the current squad.

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Should have kept us up in 94-95, Chris Armstrong, Iain Dowie, John Salako, Nigel Martyn, Gareth Southgate, Ray Houghton, John Humpreys etc etc

Kevan Woz Awful
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
No time for the bloke whatsoever since he wriggled out of supporting his love child. Creep of the highest order.

Jay_eagle
01-12-2005, 12:54 PM
v.true 94 was a good team, shows what we got now

Vince Hilaire's Afro
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I last spotted him almost leading a South London football club into oblivion.

nomad
01-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
No time for the bloke whatsoever since he wriggled out of supporting his love child. Creep of the highest order.

Love Child? His other half must have been ugly (or visibly impaired)

Gavin Axten
01-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Yes, so Palace his numberplate featured FFC.

I didn't mean as a supporter but he was 100% passionate towards our club and gave it a lot of years service especially with the youth team , I feel he has been judged solely on how shit he was as manager of the first team

Psychokiller
01-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I didn't mean as a supporter but he was 100% passionate towards our club and gave it a lot of years service especially with the youth team , not saying I liked him as manager but feel he has been judged solely on how shit he was as manager of the first team

That's a fair point but I can't forgive the way he tried to sling mud at Steve Coppell.

Gavin Axten
01-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah forgot about that, bloody bald headed dodgy eyed prick :p

CPFC_DAVE77
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah forgot about that, bloody bald headed dodgy eyed prick :p

:D

glaziers fan
02-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
That's a fair point but I can't forgive the way he tried to sling mud at Steve Coppell.

As a younger supporter, what did he say?

Btw, I have always thought he was an arrogant pr!ck and his post-match interviews, although absolutely hillarious at times, were mostly moronic. Absolutely deluded the guy is.

What's this about a lovechild?

MATTY THE EAGLE
02-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
As a younger supporter, what did he say?

Btw, I have always thought he was an arrogant pr!ck and his post-match interviews, although absolutely hillarious at times, were mostly moronic. Absolutely deluded the guy is.

What's this about a lovechild?

Bored out at his young secutery at FFC training ground and she got up the duff.

APPRANTLEY:p

welshneil
02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
APPRANTLEY

Are you studying English down there mate?!?!?! :D

MATTY THE EAGLE
02-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by welshneil
Are you studying English down there mate?!?!?! :D

:D

Just got up mate, and I'm back home actully, the grime of London affects my spelling you see.;)

Skin Up
02-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
Should have kept us up in 94-95, Chris Armstrong, Iain Dowie, John Salako, Nigel Martyn, Gareth Southgate, Ray Houghton, John Humpreys etc etc

To be fair that year there was a lot of trouble at the club. The row with Noades, the Armstrong dope test which led to the row, the distractions of two cup runs and the FA rather harshly deciding that 4th from bottom would get relegated. Also Armstrong was on fire in the cups but it took him until about March to get going in the league, Dowie and Houghton were signed too late, Humpreys had fallen out of favour the season before and Martyn was out for a vital game at Southampton in which his replacement Rhys Wilmot made some terrible errors.

That season was my first as a season ticket holder and it was mad. Some excellent games (2-1 at Highbury, 4-1 at Wolves, 4-0 against City) and some complete shockers (home defeats by Coventry and Norwich were as worse as anything I've seen.) If we'd had signed Dowie a couple of months earlier things would have been very different.

2000/1 was a shambles through.

MATTY THE EAGLE
02-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Skin Up

2000/1 was a shambles through.

Agreed, Cup Semi Finals, Club finally looks like it's on the up after years of underinvestment then so so close to getting relegated.

But if you look back at that squad now it was total crap, only the strikeforce was decent, shows you just what a fantastic job Sir Stevie done in keeping us with a less ability squad.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
02-12-2005, 01:03 PM

:confused:

Fulham, Fulham.........Blah blah blah Fulham!

PS I HATE ALAN SMITH :veryangry

See Below......

02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
I didn't mean as a supporter but he was 100% passionate towards our club and gave it a lot of years service especially with the youth team , I feel he has been judged solely on how shit he was as manager of the first team

:bash:

Sleeping Giant
02-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Totally agree, although he's mainly a Fulham man I think he has a genuine great affection for Palace and he should be shown a bit more respect. I blame the players as much as Smith for that awful season.

02-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sleeping Giant
Totally agree, although he's mainly a Fulham man I think he has a genuine great affection for Palace and he should be shown a bit more respect. I blame the players as much as Smith for that awful season.

I give up ................ respect to It! NEVER:veryangry :bash: :veryangry :bash: :veryangry :bash: