PDA

View Full Version : Dowie - why?

TN16_Eagle
03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
1, Take off the wingers when we needed to score, to bring central midfielders on?

2, Insist on Watson taking dead balls?

3, Leave Clinton and Hughes on the bench when we are lacking commitment?

4, Play Borrowdale?

5, Get the team to Ping everyball to Johnson in the air, when he is short and isn't fit?

:bash: :bash: :bash:

No wonder CM and DW questionned him.

OneSize
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
1. Agree, get ball to wingers, run line delievr into the box

2. His corners were good today, free kicks need to be looked at but who else is better at them? there is nobody.

3. Clinton should have started ahead of johnson today. Not sure how you can say Hughes had commitment, with 4mins to go he clearly wasted a min taking a free kick, walking around.

4. What did he do wrong today? not much

5. Lack of movement, wingers and midfielder need to make themselves available. Watson is the only one and by the end millwall were just putting 2 on him so he couldnt do nothing with it.

GreatGonzo
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
1, Take off the wingers when we needed to score, to bring central midfielders on?
4, Play Borrowdale?
5, Get the team to Ping everyball to Johnson in the air, when he is short and isn't fit?

1) IS this new, his substutions are always baffling!

2) Yup Micheal Hughes did a far better job after he cam eon didn't he :rolleyes:

3) Hughes stuggles to impact a game for 90 minutes, he did bugger all when he did come on anyway. Clinton has fallen out with ID apparently.

4) He your favourite scapegoat is he? Did nothing wrong today and one of our best players midweek.

5) This is what we have been doing for 18 months!

Andy08
03-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Our crossing is poor we need to find our players.

MasterYoda
04-12-2005, 12:58 AM
It takes a special kind of manager to swap a centre back for a central midfielder, a left winger for a centre forward and a right winger for a central midfielder and at no point change the shape of the team

Pennyfather
04-12-2005, 01:07 AM

4, Play Borrowdale?

1. He can't make a decent substitution.
2. He is the best taker of a dead ball at the club along with Butts.
3. Left out Clinton as not in good form & out of luck at mo & Hughes has been complete rubbish in central mid this season & showed no commitment or quality when he did come on anyway.
4. His only other option at moment is A. Fray.
5. God knows but that's all we ever seem to do, ping long diagonal balls from defence & bypassing midfield when AJ plays. Good tactic if used sparingly but over do it & it's just predictable.

limited_edition
04-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Pennyfather
1. He can't make a decent substitution.
2. He is the best taker of a dead ball at the club along with Butts.
3. Left out Clinton as not in good form & out of luck at mo & Hughes has been complete rubbish in central mid this season & showed no commitment or quality when he did come on anyway.
4. His only other option at moment is A. Fray.
5. God knows but that's all we ever seem to do, ping long diagonal balls from defence & bypassing midfield when AJ plays. Good tactic if used sparingly but over do it & it's just predictable. 1)Most of the time, you have a point, but I remember Ventola v Southampton, Freedman v Charlton and Jobi v Brighton.

Agree wholeheartedly with you on points 2-5. But for no 2, a fit Reich is pretty good at setpieces.

little dedders
04-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
4) He your favourite scapegoat is he? Did nothing wrong today and one of our best players midweek.

borrowdale is not worth his place in the team. midweek we played a semi strength side in a fairly relaxed format. sides target him because they know just how shit he is- luton last weekend for example. he did make mistakes today too- heading across his own box to clear when millwall had two players pouncing around the box. he's just too unreliable and too crap and i dont use scapegoats

GreatGonzo
04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by little dedders
borrowdale is not worth his place in the team. midweek we played a semi strength side in a fairly relaxed format. sides target him because they know just how shit he is- luton last weekend for example. he did make mistakes today too- heading across his own box to clear when millwall had two players pouncing around the box. he's just too unreliable and too crap and i dont use scapegoats

Midweek we played a full Boro side and he was one of our best players!

Pennyfather
04-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by limited_edition
1)Most of the time, you have a point, but I remember Ventola v Southampton, Freedman v Charlton and Jobi v Brighton.

Agree wholeheartedly with you on points 2-5. But for no 2, a fit Reich is pretty good at setpieces.

Point taken but Ventola & Jobi subs were hardly rocket science although the Dougie sub was a good one & worked a treat. Reich is good at shooting from set pieces but prefer Watson for corners & crossed free kicks but good shout.

limited_edition
04-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Point taken but Ventola & Jobi subs were hardly rocket science although the Dougie sub was a good one & worked a treat. Reich is good at shooting from set pieces but prefer Watson for corners & crossed free kicks but good shout. Be thankful for those logical subs. We could have shoved a central defender upfront instead. Or 3 strikers on in a 3-2-5 formation like at Luton.

Palaceboy222
04-12-2005, 09:17 AM

4, Play Borrowdale?

1) couldn't beieve that desigion

2) Maybe everyone else is worse, but we do need to improve, the one area where of watsons game where i agree with his bashers

3) Because he wanted someone to break up the play (leggy) and Watson played very well so you cant't blame him for that, as for Clinton, i love the guy but Dougies been sh!t hot recently and was brilliant (MOM with Watson) and AJ is the best striker in the division

4) who else could he play? Borrowdale is a decent back-up player at this level, we have just been unlcky that Dannys been out all season

5) don't know, maybe McDonald but no-one knows enough to comment on that

Pennyfather
04-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Be thankful for those logical subs. We could have shoved a central defender upfront instead. Or 3 strikers on in a 3-2-5 formation like at Luton.

Very true, good point. See how much he is improving as a manager!!!

limited_edition
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Very true, good point. See how much he is improving as a manager!!! LOL. :D

He does learn from his mistakes sometimes. Then makes another old one - Soares out wide as sub.

ID was clearly robbed by Coppell for Championship Manager of the Month. :rolleyes:

Ollie Ox
04-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MasterYoda
It takes a special kind of manager to swap a centre back for a central midfielder, a left winger for a centre forward and a right winger for a central midfielder and at no point change the shape of the team

I could be wrong but i thought once Clinton came on we played more of a 4 3 3, to be honest we were so badly organised at times it was hard to tell.

CHE
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
[B]1, Take off the wingers when we needed to score, to bring central midfielders on?

B]

McAnuff was abysmal yesterday, that's why he was taken off. By the way, everyone is buying this Ward had an arguement excuse,are they? I was thinking that big brave Darren had bottled it.

limited_edition
04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ollie Ox
I could be wrong but i thought once Clinton came on we played more of a 4 3 3, to be honest we were so badly organised at times it was hard to tell. Dougie seemed to pull wide left in this formation.

maxpower
04-12-2005, 05:26 PM
AJ is no where near match fit why doesnt ID play him in the reserves get in a full 90 minutes no player is too good to play coming back from a 2 month lay off to play in the reserves to get match fit

Pistike
04-12-2005, 05:31 PM

What wingers? Reich is the closest thing we've had to a winger since saying goodbye to Routledge, Kolkka and Lakis.

Andrews is one of the worst footballer I've seen at Selhurst in the last 22 seasons. He is shockingly bad.

Hughes has played on the wing, so has Soares and two seasons back that mullett bloke who went to Leeds was also played wide.

Compare Gray and Routledge with either Andrews or McAnuff!

This side has no width at all.

The defence has nowhere to send it except sideways to Watson, Freedman or Leggy who have to come 30-40 yards to collect because there's nobody offering the back four alternatives.

After one of the them takes possession they again have nowhere to send it and we're put under pressure deep in our own half.

All this team needs is one decent winger - and if we had two I reckon we might even make 2nd place.

Without any width we'll just have to put up with more crap like yesterday.

little dedders
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Midweek we played a full Boro side and he was one of our best players!

i know but the pressure is off in a sense when playing a team in a higher division in the cup... anyway my point is that borrowdale is not a scape goat in the way routledge was last year- borrowdale is a weak link in our side and teams do target him

Pistike
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
If Borrowdale is weak then what in God's name do call Andrews?

limited_edition
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Pistike
Andrews is one of the worst footballer I've seen at Selhurst in the last 22 seasons. He is shockingly bad.
Still better than shoving Soares out wide.

dodge_bond
04-12-2005, 05:51 PM

4, Play Borrowdale?

1. We had 3 up front so playing 2 wiongers and 3 up front would leave us very exposed,

2. we have no-one better

3. clinton has not been in form at the moment, wheras dougie has, I think the centre mid partnership of leggy and watson worked well.

4. we have no-one better who is fit

5. johnson is fit, He played the full 90 and didnt once looked shattered, defenders can make mistakes when the long ball is launched and johnson is fast enough to latch onto them, i dont like this tactic but i do see how it can work!

Pistike
04-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Still better than shoving Soares out wide.

Disagree what ever the question I'm afraid that the answer isn't Wayne Andrews - furthermore it never will be.

Pennyfather
05-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Pistike
What wingers? Reich is the closest thing we've had to a winger since saying goodbye to Routledge, Kolkka and Lakis.

Hughes has played on the wing, so has Soares and two seasons back that mullett bloke who went to Leeds was also played wide.

Compare Gray and Routledge with either Andrews or McAnuff!

This side has no width at all.

The defence has nowhere to send it except sideways to Watson, Freedman or Leggy who have to come 30-40 yards to collect because there's nobody offering the back four alternatives.

After one of the them takes possession they again have nowhere to send it and we're put under pressure deep in our own half.

All this team needs is one decent winger - and if we had two I reckon we might even make 2nd place.

Without any width we'll just have to put up with more crap like yesterday.

Good point sir. Unfortunately ID is unable to replace good players like for like or even close. McAnuff's first few games were excellent but has been awful since. Of course there is always Tommy Black but he appears to have been destroyed either side of his bad injury.

sydnsteve
05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I thought Jobi had a very good first half, and Andrews did OK, but once swapped they both disappeared.
The team is just devoid of passion and commitment, the very qualities that Dowie instilled when he came here.
Tactically he is limited, and his use of subs is poor. However, we are stuck with him so let's hope he improves. Be interesting to see where we are at Xmas.

Panther
05-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
The team is just devoid of passion and commitment, the very qualities that Dowie instilled when he came here.

It may be that first time round much of that came from Hughes and Aki in the middle; we haven't been able for various reasons to repeat it this year.