PDA

View Full Version : Butterfield?

Nobby
03-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Anyone know his status?

Have a feeling that getting him back in the team could be a big factor in determining the rest of the season...

maestro
03-12-2005, 06:54 PM
I was wondering the same thing, he's definately a player with quality on the ball and an eye for goal

spunky
03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
thin he's injured but dont really know, would be nice if stuff like this was on the official site, but i spose it would require palaceworld to actually put some effort into it

Super-Ste-Cious
03-12-2005, 07:03 PM
he got injured either during the Burnley match, or inbetween that match and the Carling cup against liverpool - and been no word since really

Nobby
03-12-2005, 07:03 PM
While we're on the subject of injuries, how far is Aki away? Seems like Dowie has said "a couple of weeks" for the last three months.

RednBlue
03-12-2005, 07:04 PM
he has been injured - groin i think - but we definitely play better when he's in the team - more width and he's a great crosser of the ball.

moi
03-12-2005, 07:54 PM
In physio programme notes, said hes a possibility for wolves, has been out with a groin injury.

screamingalice
03-12-2005, 09:36 PM
No matter if he is fit Dowie will not pick him. He sticks with his favourites even if they are not playing well Hall for example and he wont leave Boyce out, despit the fact Boyce can tackle, but cant head a ball and is no good going forward, plus his passing is pants.

Jay_eagle
03-12-2005, 09:38 PM
and his set pieces are better than watsons!

Ruskin Old Boy
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Bit harsh screaming - when Danny B was fit again this season Dowie played him at right back and switched Boycie to left back; Boycie only went back to right back when Danny was injured again (after an eight match run).

Justy C
03-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
No matter if he is fit Dowie will not pick him. He sticks with his favourites even if they are not playing well Hall for example and he wont leave Boyce out, despit the fact Boyce can tackle, but cant head a ball and is no good going forward, plus his passing is pants.

Bit harsh that, Boyce's game going forward this season has improved loads.....personally I'd stick him at centre half at the moment and bring Butts back when he's fit. We need cultured footballers in our team right now and Danny Butterfield is certainly one of those.

screamingalice
03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Justy C
Bit harsh that, Boyce's game going forward this season has improved loads.....personally I'd stick him at centre half at the moment and bring Butts back when he's fit. We need cultured footballers in our team right now and Danny Butterfield is certainly one of those.

Agree with what you say about us. Also he has great spirit which the team lacks currently Butt's A.J. and Derry were the backbone of the team is so far as the spirit they gave us.

Sorry I think Boyce did very well last season stepping two levels up, but he cant head a ball and when Danny G is fit Dowie will leave Butts out for Boyce at right back which IMHO is a massive mistake.

Pennyfather
04-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Hopefully be back soon, was in training at same time as Macken so can't be far away. We desperately need him in the side as he is real quality but I really don't think ID rates him and if everyone was fit he would not be 1st choice. Massive mistake as Boyce has been as poor & sometimes worse than Borrowdale this season.

all 5 of us
04-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Aki picked up a hamstring injury in training that has set him back around 3 weeks.
Shame, we're missing him.

rambocpfc
05-12-2005, 03:47 PM
BETTER THAN BOYCE

Webb
05-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't think it's any coincidence that our best run of form this season came when Butterfield was in the team, and Borrowdale was dropped.

cpfc_spc1982
05-12-2005, 03:53 PM
whilst boyce continues to make defensive errors there is no advantage in having him over butterfield really. byce'shis attacking runs are improving but his passing still often lets him down.

David of Kent
05-12-2005, 04:00 PM
On a related subject, I just generally hate the lack of information that comes out of CPFC about the players. It's very hard to ever find any accurate information on how long players might be injured for.

maestro
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
I agree with that totally, we need as much quality in our side as possible, I think we need butterfield, Hughes, Freedman, Reich, AJ and mcanuff all in the same side all comfortable on the ball and all creative, we will look like a different side with all them together, im sure of that

Originally posted by Justy C