PDA

View Full Version : Luke Gutteridge

Il Padrino
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Probably piffle but it passes the time...

http://217.158.112.238/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-169529-19728-36699-222907-13916-5024-layout104-186747-news-item,00.html

Anyone heard of him?

David Amsalem
10-01-2006, 11:19 AM
At one stage he was highly rated at Cambridge. Never seen him play though.

bendyjoe
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I would be highly rated at cambrdge. And I'm pants

cpfc_spc1982
10-01-2006, 12:23 PM
at least if were scouting southend we wont fail to notice eastwood's potential.

mainstandeagle
10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bendyjoe
I would be highly rated at cambrdge. And I'm pants

:eek:

LP
10-01-2006, 12:44 PM
No relation to Reg?

montstar
10-01-2006, 02:23 PM
hes only 5ft 5!

Lords Eagle
10-01-2006, 02:52 PM
My Sarfend supporting pal rates him quite highly and would hate to see him go.

etu
10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I too mentioned this to a Southend fan - he too highly rates him and would hate to see him go.

BARNSTONEWORTH
10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Small, Southend midfield grafter - Glenn Pennyfather anybody?! (Only for the old Palace boys this one).

honeysuckle
10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BARNSTONEWORTH
Small, Southend midfield grafter - Glenn Pennyfather anybody?! (Only for the old Palace boys this one).

Small, Southend midfield wing wizard - Peter Taylor anybody? - (Arguably the best Palace player I've ever seen).

Gooders
10-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Small, Southend midfield grafter - Bobby Kellard anybody?

alaneagle
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
thats enough of that plz

Neckinger Eagle
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
I hope he doesn't take after Reg Gutteridge. He had wooden legs.

Martin H
11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
I hope he doesn't take after Reg Gutteridge. He had wooden legs.

Yeah, but I bet he would always be on fire for us . . . . . .

Fetching my coat . . . .

palace_crystal
11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Race hots up for Guttridge

Luke Guttridge's agent has hinted the winger could be on his way from Southend in January - and claims West Ham, Charlton, Derby and Crystal Palace are leading the chase for his signature.

Guttridge joined the Shrimpers from Cambridge in March and has been a crucial part of the side which has taken League One by storm.

Agent Richard Cody said: "Luke was injured and that coincided with Southend's losing run. He came back in the side and he's made a massive impact.

"Subsequently there are an awful lot of people looking at him. Southend are obviously concerned that people are looking at him because their priority is promotion.

"He is very happy there but something could happen this month. Derby have shown a lot of interest, along with Crystal Palace. West Ham have also been looking at him and Charlton have never lost interest."

Jay_Palace
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Was having a look at a Southend BBS and they rate him extremely highly. Apparently a very good passer, a ferocious tackler and good with both feet. Sounds like a right bargain to me.

mik59
14-01-2006, 10:44 AM
In Adder, Gutteridge's agent quoted as saying "Southend's priority [is] promotion and ... it would [have to] be a very good offer before they let Luke go".

Phil O'Sophical
15-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by palace_crystal
Race hots up for Guttridge

Luke Guttridge's agent has hinted the winger could be on his way from Southend in January - and claims West Ham, Charlton, Derby and Crystal Palace are leading the chase for his signature.

Guttridge joined the Shrimpers from Cambridge in March and has been a crucial part of the side which has taken League One by storm.

Agent Richard Cody said: "Luke was injured and that coincided with Southend's losing run. He came back in the side and he's made a massive impact.

"Subsequently there are an awful lot of people looking at him. Southend are obviously concerned that people are looking at him because their priority is promotion.

"He is very happy there but something could happen this month. Derby have shown a lot of interest, along with Crystal Palace. West Ham have also been looking at him and Charlton have never lost interest."

Guttridge's agent seems to come out with a different story every day.

From Sky

Luke Guttridge's agent has denied the youngster could be moving to Crystal Palace.

The Southend midfielder's recent displays have won him many admirers and he had been strongly linked with a move to Selhurst Park during the January transfer window.

But his agent, Richard Cody, says that although he has fielded several calls concerning the 23-year-old, he will not be going to Crystal Palace.

"There is an awful lot of interest in Luke," he told The Echo.

"Two of the clubs after him are playing in the Premiership and it just goes to show how well he has been playing this season.

"I am a good friend of Iain and Bob Dowie and have not spoken to them about Luke.

"There's a lot of interest in him, but Palace are one club that haven't made an approach."

El D
15-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Observer says Charlton are 'set to land' him.

gullie
15-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Ah well, another window with no signings, lets start rumours for our supposed summer signings.

gullie
15-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Ah well, another window with no signings, lets start rumours for our supposed summer signings.

cpfcben
15-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Eagles not for Guttridge
By Stephen Bateman - Created on 14 Jan 2006
EXCITING NEW SERVICES
Free to existing Sky digital subscribers - click here for full details!

Related links
Team Pages:
Crystal Palace
Southend United
Player Pages:
Luke Guttridge
Luke Guttridge's agent has denied the youngster could be moving to Crystal Palace.

The Southend midfielder's recent displays have won him many admirers and he had been strongly linked with a move to Selhurst Park during the January transfer window.

But his agent, Richard Cody, says that although he has fielded several calls concerning the 23-year-old, he will not be going to Crystal Palace.

"There is an awful lot of interest in Luke," he told The Echo.

"Two of the clubs after him are playing in the Premiership and it just goes to show how well he has been playing this season.

"I am a good friend of Iain and Bob Dowie and have not spoken to them about Luke.

"There's a lot of interest in him, but Palace are one club that haven't made an approach."

alaneagle
15-01-2006, 06:59 PM
dam

Ian Hart
16-01-2006, 01:32 AM
We seem to have two threads running on this chap, so I'll repeat what I posted on the other one.

I asked a friend who's a Southend Season Ticket holder whether they'd heard any similar rumours about Guttridge, and how reliable the story was likely to be. He said:

"I would definitely say that the Luke Guttridge story is "not wholly
reliable"! He is having a good season and occasionally scores fantastic
goals (only two this season though) but I wouldn't say he was Championship material. He recently suffered a torn hamstring and was out for four weeks. He had one decent goalscoring season, about three years ago, but that was for Cambridge. He was out for most of last season with health problems.

He normally plays on the right. His agent must be very good!!!"

Freddy Kurz
16-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I dread reading on BBS or in the mass media about any player linked with Palace in the current transfer-window, since it will almost inevitably
mean that if we haven't already signed the player, we will fail to get
our man.