PDA

View Full Version : Why

leesaw
19-01-2006, 05:27 PM
WHY when it is so blindingly obvious we need a left back, nothing is happening except being linked with a right back . I don't get it ,if we are to push for promotion we can not afford to be playing people out of position to cover.A strong player for each position is needed so maybe a couple of midfielders would be a good option too. If it is so obvious to us fans why not the manageing and coaching staff.

Mister Parks
19-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Maybe the player(s) the management are interested in either

A) don't want to join us

B) want too much in wages

C) the clubs who hold their registration want a transfer fee that CPFC are not prepared to pay

D) their agents may be proving "difficult" to negotiate with

JAT

;)

PALACEWU
19-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Don't know mate!! I think this has been widely covered on several other threads! What the heck! Lets have another!

Leandro Kirelli
19-01-2006, 05:44 PM
how much money our board has?

Beanie
19-01-2006, 11:08 PM
we don't have a board (unless you mean the bbs).

Reason E) nobody better than we have available - possibly due to reasons A - C.

Raoul Duke
19-01-2006, 11:15 PM
How do you know nothing is happening? Do you have a source at the club who has told you that we are not looking and bidding for other players?

glaziers fan
20-01-2006, 01:01 AM
let's be honest, it is an absolute joke that we are linked with any player who doesn't have a left foot. Cameron, Earnshaw, Halls etc?

off! Don't make me laugh (and they are all fair players but why would we need them):clown:

ozeagle
20-01-2006, 01:35 AM
we don't need anymore players, we'll go up as is, as logn as the strikers keep doing the business,

win 3-2 every week, solid as.

etu
20-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Linked to that Goncalves chap, he's a left back. Thing is, when (if it seems by now) Granville returns we no longer need one (presumably). While it is an area that needs strengthening, spaffing out on a panic buy is not the way.

glaziers fan
20-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by etu
Linked to that Goncalves chap, he's a left back. Thing is, when (if it seems by now) Granville returns we no longer need one (presumably). While it is an area that needs strengthening, spaffing out on a panic buy is not the way.

totally agree. If we go into premier, arca or taylor would be good buys. As would routledge/gray back.

we don't need anybody for now really. Boyce, Hall, Ward and Popovic are our most solid defenders and allied with potentially the league's best defensive mid in Leigertwood we should not concede too many goals either.

Then we have AJ, Clinton and Dougie.

Believe.

Scoot
20-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by leesaw
is so blindingly obvious we need a left back,

We have Borrowdale until Granville is fit. :D

scobes
20-01-2006, 09:19 AM
exactly old chap thats why we need cover for Granville

st albans
20-01-2006, 09:20 AM
we've been linked with about 3/4 left backs in the last couple of weeks, so it sounds like something is being done about it

anyway if the team can win 6 in a row with the current 11, and not playing to their potential, then i'm not fussed if we don't get anyone in

the squad we have is good enough for the top 2 of this division

GanbareWashi
20-01-2006, 09:35 AM
First up I still think we will make the play-offs, but still think we need a left back and a left midfielder.

We have a number of decent/ good players at RB, CB, RM, CM upfront and in goal. We only have one decent LB (Danny G) who is still injured and may be out for the rest of the season and the only player who looks comfortable at LM (Marco) has been out for a while as well.

We have been lucky to win some of these last six games and can not continue to play with so many square pegs in round holes.

Reading ran rings around Borrowdale at the away game and I can't see our RB (Boyce) playing at LB doing much better against a very competent Reading team. Hope I am wrong. but I can see us getting mauled tonight.

Hopefully AJ and Jobi and our other striker (CM, JM or DF) will be enough of a threat to stop them attacking too much.

Who knows, maybe we could start Wayne Andrews at LM.

Beanie
20-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by leesaw
WHY when it is so blindingly obvious we need a left back, nothing is happening except being linked with a right back . I don't get it ,if we are to push for promotion we can not afford to be playing people out of position to cover.A strong player for each position is needed so maybe a couple of midfielders would be a good option too. If it is so obvious to us fans why not the manageing and coaching staff.
It seems that you feel that buying quality players is like popping down to the supermarket and taking one off the shelf. There is no doubt that it is clear to the management and coaching staff what is needed - but that doesn't make it any easier to find the right ones. Links with players are 100% press guess work, and meaningless. Occasionally they will guess right, but that doesn't make it any less a guess. We have no idea what work is going on and with 11 days of the window left signings are still possible, but unless they are better than the current starters what is the point. Better to hang on to the money than to make a sigining just so they can say they've made a signing. The current squad should be capable of getting out of this division, if they do it then the signings in the summer with reflect the new status, if they don't there will be a need for the management to decide if we give it another go with the same palyers (who will be no less capable next season) or if we add, but that is the summer, and we don't need to waste money now.