PDA

View Full Version : Dean Gordon

The Bandstand
08-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Blackpool have let him go.
Can do a job until Granville is fit ?
Sorry but Borrowdale was again poor last night.

Ardent Eagle Forever
08-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Too old now

winston the dog
08-02-2006, 08:04 AM
should have had more than one goal in our top twenty on the dvd.
still probably too old now to do a job.

Bangkok Eagle
08-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by winston the dog
should have had more than one goal in our top twenty on the dvd.
still probably too old now to do a job.

Why oh why wasn't the one against Derby at Selhurst on the centenary DVD? A favourite for me.

Reps AJ
08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by The Bandstand
Blackpool have let him go.
Can do a job until Granville is fit ?
Sorry but Borrowdale was again poor last night.

Perhaps the clue to the answer to your question is in the fact Blackpool have let him go...

GanbareWashi
08-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Deano Deano Deano

But alas too old now :(

Oddjob
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
No,No,No,No.

Radders
08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bangkok Eagle
Why oh why wasn't the one against Derby at Selhurst on the centenary DVD? A favourite for me.

The last minuite as well. Great goal. :p

screamingalice
08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ardent Eagle Forever
Too old now

Dennis Wise, Terry Sheringham? He may be of a more advanced age than is normal for pro footballers, but if he is fit (?) he may do a job on a match to match basis. Certainly it would do no harm to consider the option.

If worse comes to worse he could be used to help Gary Burrowdale who while it may not be obvious to most, if Peter Taylor rates him he must have some potential, Dowie however is not helping by exposing him to continued abuse.

PALACEWU
08-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Borro was so shit that the shit on my shoe was laughing at him! He told me that he was a disgrace to SHIT! I got really angry last night at how crap a footballer he is! He's not fit for cheltenham town for fecks sake! sorry for the rant.

Tony Montana
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
32 isn't he?

Baron Greenback
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Nearer 35, I would have thought. If he's not good enough for a team near the bottom of League 1, then we're better off sticking with Boyce at left back.

PalaceMonkey
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by PALACEWU
Borro was so shit that the shit on my shoe was laughing at him! He told me that he was a disgrace to SHIT! I got really angry last night at how crap a footballer he is! He's not fit for cheltenham town for fecks sake! sorry for the rant.

:D

Psychokiller
08-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Gordon is 33 and I think you'll find that Blackpool have let him go because he wants to return South. Wycombe are most likely to sign him AFAIK.

Adrian
08-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Borro was so shit that the shit on my shoe was laughing at him! He told me that he was a disgrace to SHIT! I got really angry last night at how crap a footballer he is! He's not fit for cheltenham town for fecks sake! sorry for the rant. :rolleyes:

Adrian
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Deano is 33 (on Friday, in fact) but I would have thought it unlikely he could do a job for us.

However, we shouldn't generalise: a player who is physically and mentally fit, with a positive attitude and a hunger to play would be worth considering.

SmithEagle
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM

LOL :p

One Step Down
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
You know while I usually lead the opposition when it comes to signing ex-Palace players for no other reason than they're ex-Palace players, I actually would consider signing Gordon precisely because he's so unlikely to contribute anything that the expectations would be almost zero.

The reality is -- it seems to me -- that right now we are a bit of a listing ship. We're good enough, but for whatever reason there doesn't really seem to be much sense of urgency or unity about the place. We are underachieving badly. Sometimes, bringing someone in from the outside can just freshen things up and add a little life to a team and I just wonder whether for three months and probably not very much money, someone of Gordon's experience and past might not be just what the doctor ordered.

Fine, his contribution on the pitch would almost certainly be little more than a couple of cameos off the subs bench but there are lots of ways he could help us move forward right now. An odd thought, Dean Gordon to Palace at this point, but I would be tempted to consider it.

Slimbloke'H'
08-02-2006, 02:04 PM

Where can I find the smilie?

RDSdaEAGLE
08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Gordon would be a terrible signing for us now. He's been blighted by injuries, he's not fit, and he's too old.

Sorry, but I just don't think it'd work.

Cleon
08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
He's failed to find a home at lower league clubs now for quite a while. He might try hard for us, but then again, so would I. Who's next... Jim Cannon anyone?

AJ'sLoveMonkey
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
No thanks

Freddy Kurz
08-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Baron Greenback
Nearer 35, I would have thought. If he's not good enough for a team near the bottom of League 1, then we're better off sticking with Boyce at left back.

He's 33 on Friday, and for those interested has had a recurring Achilles tendon problem since his Palace days.

elliott
08-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Gary reads this btw.

Phil O'Sophical
09-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Taken on trial by Chester

GrayP41ace
09-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Who's next... Jim Cannon anyone?

Why, is he available?? Would it be on a free or a short term loan??

dodge_bond
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Much too old ! !

Psychokiller
10-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Training with Chester this week, though I believe he's still going to Wycombe.

Riccardo
10-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Quality player in his day.

Sadly, I don't think he'd be up for the job now.

sydnsteve
10-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Sadly, would be better than GB. Who i still think has potential but should go on loan to a league 1 team just to get regular games and not get sworn at.

That goal from Deano has to be one of the shots of all time. He seemed to hit it from somewhere near the halfway line.

Beanie
10-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
Dennis Wise, Terry Sheringham? He may be of a more advanced age than is normal for pro footballers, but if he is fit (?) he may do a job on a match to match basis. Certainly it would do no harm to consider the option.

If worse comes to worse he could be used to help Gary Burrowdale who while it may not be obvious to most, if Peter Taylor rates him he must have some potential, Dowie however is not helping by exposing him to continued abuse.
Dean Gordon - irrespective of age - has just been released by Blackpool because he can't do the job for them (if he could they wouldn't have released him). Why would Palace want him even as cover? As for "helping" Borrowdale - I suspect that he would get into the Blackpool team that Deano can no longer make. Does that say anything about what the Dean Gordon of 2006 could contribute?

Shoreditch CPFC
10-02-2006, 02:13 PM
he's 32 not 42. Worth a look I would have thought.

Newts G
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Dean Gordon - irrespective of age - has just been released by Blackpool because he can't do the job for them (if he could they wouldn't have released him). Why would Palace want him even as cover?

Hit the nail on the head there (finally somebody did)

Beanie
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Sadly, would be better than GB. Who i still think has potential but should go on loan to a league 1 team just to get regular games and not get sworn at.
So, you think that Borrowdale could get into a League 1 side regularly and look okay?

Well, Dean Gordon can't - so how can be be better than Borrowdale?

If 32 year old Joe Bloggs had just been released by Blackpool would anybody be suggesting Palace should move for him? And how much flak would ID get if he did? Just because Gordon was once a Palace player and has left many of us with good memories the bottom line is surely that TODAY he can't get into a League 1 side.