PDA

View Full Version : play offs in new zealand

wightpalace
27-04-2006, 12:01 AM
any ideas if they are being shown over here? Also would appreciate any suggestions for a good place to watch them around dunedin or christchurch ta.

Shipp Ahoy!
27-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Phone sky and ask if you can have multiroom for your place in New Zealand, that way you will deffo get it :p

You can laugh but at my old job we had one woman who wanted multiroom in properties seperated by a motorway and she meant actually running the cable between them :D

wightpalace
27-04-2006, 12:58 AM
ta but Im travelling round so have no place. need a pub or something if any nz based palace can help?
Did the women get here motorway crossing multiroom?

welshneil
27-04-2006, 06:05 AM
PM NZSparky, a World of useless information!

Farawayeagle
27-04-2006, 06:10 AM
You will have a problem as Setanta have the rights and there are no Setanta broadcasts to New Zealand at the moment. This is direct information from Setanta.

Sky have no rights for The Championship in Australia and New Zealand.

Te Pouakai
27-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by wightpalace
ta but Im travelling round so have no place. need a pub or something if any nz based palace can help?
Did the women get here motorway crossing multiroom?

Farawayeagle is absolutely right. Since emigrating here myself 14 montsh ago, I've suffered the same problem all this season. Setanta is restricted to Australia, not NZ.

Even the Chinese-based "pirate" satellite channel links (with Chinese commentary) that some BBSers suggested a while ago have proved to be either inaccessible or unreliable (no schedules/streaming quality so poor as to be unwatchable).

Unless someone here in NZ knows any better, it's down to live radio commentary only.

And no, I can't afford to fly across the Tasman just to watch games via Setanta in a Sydney pub!

Farawayeagle
27-04-2006, 06:27 AM
It seems there were some technical difficulties with the reception at the Pub channel PPV venue in Christchurch (The Bog Irish Bar) and the pub decided to pull the plug. Not enough demand for them to to take the trouble to work things out.

Setanta are exploring new possibilities --- but as we'll be in the Premiership next year, we don't have to worry. ;)

Te Pouakai
27-04-2006, 06:37 AM
[Setanta are exploring new possibilities --- but as we'll be in the Premiership next year, we don't have to worry. ;) [/B]

Exactly what I'm hoping for .....!!!!

wightpalace
01-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Thanks for all that, sorry for the delayed reply I have been doing the keplar track for the last 4 days so no net access in the wilderness. Apparently there is an english pub in dunedin that may have it on, dont know how and it may not be true so any othr ideas still welcomed.

hughff
01-05-2006, 02:10 AM
No play-offs in NZ. Sorry.

Farawayeagle
01-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Just confirmed again with Setanta that there is no coverage in New Zealand.

The good news is that if we don't get promoted Setanta have told me that Fox have just picked up the rights for the Championship and the Carling cup for next season. Which means the Championship would be on Foxtel next year.

On the other hand that will create a conflict with getting pubs to show it -- if there is a competing Premiership game on the other channel.

Setanta may be picking up the Champions League rights.

Te Pouakai
01-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Which means we simply MUST get promoted otherwise all Palace fans living in New Zealand will remain "in the wilderness", as it were.

Farawayeagle
01-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Te Pouakai
Which means we simply MUST get promoted otherwise all Palace fans living in New Zealand will remain "in the wilderness", as it were.

No it means it doesn't matter because both Premiership and Championship will be on Sky/Foxtel. Win, win for us.

Te Pouakai
01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Which would you rather watch then ........

Palace getting periodically hammered in the Premiership on Sky, or the usual scramble for the Championship play-offs on FoxTel ?

Hmmmmm .......... been there, done that, got the T-shirt several times over watching at Selhurst for over 40 years before emigrating to NZ !!