PDA

View Full Version : Warnock in Palace compliment shock

paulws
30-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Neil Warnock watched Sheffield United beat promotion hopefuls Crystal Palace 1-0 and then tipped the Eagles to join his side in the Barclays Premiership.

Chris Morgan's 81st-minute header secured the points for the Blades and confirmed Palace's sixth-placed finish in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Iain Dowie's men host Watford on Saturday in the play-off semi-final, first leg before travelling to Vicarage Road three days later for the decisive second leg.

And with 17-goal Andy Johnson set to return to the side having been rested at Bramall Lane, Warnock feels Palace could secure an immediate return to the promised land.

The Blades boss said: "It's going to be very close but I think Palace have got the best team.

"They would be my tip if all their players are fit but all the sides have got plusses and you could toss a coin between the four of them.

"But I do like Palace and think they're a smashing club.

"I think Watford can lose to anybody and beat anybody while Leeds and Preston are the two organised teams, but Palace look strong."

Palace's hopes would appear to rest largely on the goalscoring capabilities of Johnson as they struggled in attack without him.

The forgotten England striker cannot be ruled of the World Cup reckoning while doubts persist over the fitness of Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen.

Warnock added: "I spoke to Andy before the game and he's a smashing lad.

"Simon Jordan (Palace chairman) has done a fantastic job to re-sign him for a season on the wages that it has cost them.

"He's a cracking player and his goals could prove the difference for Palace in the play-offs."

Ben H
30-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Everyone's tipping us. Salako and Claridge did it on Sky. Talk about tempting fate and giving us the kiss of death. :(

st albans
30-04-2006, 05:15 PM
he's said this all season

BaldEagle96
Warnock is always very gracious when his team win or indeed like now when they have been promoted.

Louis
He always says nice things about his opponents when he's just beaten them, rarely when he's just lost.

Mong!
30-04-2006, 05:16 PM
It was obvious this was gonna happen though. We do have the best squad. Now lets win the thing!

Melfort Eagle
30-04-2006, 05:19 PM
smashing

Granada allover
30-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Fantastic

(hic)

:clown:

Oliver V
30-04-2006, 05:26 PM
It's as if they're all teaming up against us and jinxing it...:(

Sir.S.C Remembered
30-04-2006, 05:35 PM
He's always complimented us once he has calmed down and stopped being quite as much a dickhe@d as he is

andy m
30-04-2006, 05:35 PM
We have got the best team out of the play off sides. We've got the best team in the division for that matter. But it hasn't got us automatic promotion and I seriously doubt it'll matter much in the play offs.

c_block_lad
30-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Warnock is always very good towards Palace, good luck to him.

Palaceman95
30-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Im suprised more people rent tipping Preston. They certainly dont have the best players, but at the moment they seem to have the best team.

gongle
30-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I spoke to him briefly before the match - he's actually a great bloke and he told me he's always wanted to manage Palace - 'maybe when Dowie goes I'll manage you lot' were his words.

gongle
30-04-2006, 07:15 PM

brighton_eagle
30-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I quite like Warnock. Never really understood the problem with him.

Shipp Ahoy!
30-04-2006, 07:26 PM
This would not suprise me one bit neither!

If Sheff Utd get relegated in the next couple of years or we get back up and Dowie is sacked (the latter less likely I fancy!) then I think it will be him as our next manager.

Heb 7:4
30-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Warnock is usually complimentry about Palace. Which doesn't change the fact that he is one of the biggest cocks in football.

c_block_lad
30-04-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=17012859%26method=full%26siteid=62484% 26headline=neil%2dwarnock%2dexclusive%2d%2di%2dm%2 dtipping%2dgoalden%2deagles%2d-name_page.html

From today's Sunday Mirror.

MATTY THE EAGLE
30-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Heb 7:4
Warnock is usually complimentry about Palace. Which doesn't change the fact that he is one of the biggest cocks in football.

Why's this?

celery stick
30-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Everyone's tipping us. Salako and Claridge did it on Sky. Talk about tempting fate and giving us the kiss of death. :(

Thankfully a couple of Talksport 'pundits' were backing Preston today.

rambo
01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
After we play Sheffield U, Warnock is always going on about how much noise we make and what a good crowd of fans we are.

What he doesnt realise is that the only reason we are making such a racket is that we dont like him!

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by rambo

What he doesnt realise is that the only reason we are making such a racket is that we dont like him!

I'm sorry who does not like him? All my palace supporting pals rate him very much, would love to see him take over from Dowie.

John.K
01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
I'm sorry who does not like him? All my palace supporting pals rate him very much, would love to see him take over from Dowie.

When Dowie leaves I presume?

rambo
01-05-2006, 11:54 AM

If you listen to some of the chants against him you'll appreciate that if you like him you and your pals are in something of a minority.

The fact is that he isnt very popular outside his own club, not least because of the way he rants against every decision that doesnt go his way. Tho this is slightly different from saying he isnt RATED.

Diggers digs in?
01-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Q. What do you call Matty and c_block's ability to see in Warnock what millions of other cannot?

A. Chucklevision

welshneil
01-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
This would not suprise me one bit neither!

If Sheff Utd get relegated in the next couple of years or we get back up and Dowie is sacked (the latter less likely I fancy!) then I think it will be him as our next manager.
Funnily enough I was out until about 9pm in Sheffield and 90% of their (excellent I must say) fans were hinting at Dowie being their favourite choice for manager.

welshneil
01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by rambo
The fact is that he isnt very popular outside his own club
He's not THAT popular there either!

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh lets have a pop at Neil Warnock and not worry about our own problems, when he took over at Sheff Utd 5 odd years ago it was debt ridden football club fighting relegation, in 5 years he has cleared the clubs debt, developed a strong squad despite selling some of there better players, developed one of the best youth acadamys in the country, and turned SUFC into a well run profitable football club.

AJ1969
01-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Warnock is always very good towards Palace, good luck to him.

what drivel

Baron Greenback
01-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ben H

Ian Holloway tipped us on Sky Sports this morning, but then said that all of his tips are usually wrong.:(

welshneil
01-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh lets have a pop at Neil Warnock and not worry about our own problems, when he took over at Sheff Utd 5 odd years ago it was debt ridden football club fighting relegation, in 5 years he has cleared the clubs debt, developed a strong squad despite selling some of there better players, developed one of the best youth acadamys in the country, and turned SUFC into a well run profitable football club.
Good point MATTY, it's actually coming up to seven years but that's neither here nor there. So why not give Dowie the same time instead of calling for his head constantly?

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by welshneil
Good point MATTY, it's actually coming up to seven years but that's neither here nor there. So why not give Dowie the same time instead of calling for his head constantly?

Because has the best squad in the league, and for one reason or another it's not performing, his track record at buying players is also dodgy at times.

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Good point MATTY, it's actually coming up to seven years but that's neither here nor there. So why not give Dowie the same time instead of calling for his head constantly? Because the Blades of 7 odd years ago when Warnock took over sounded a bit like the Palace when Jordan first took over. We weren't debt ridden when Dowie took over, just underperforming on the pitch. Unlike Warnock, we haven't had to sell our best players just yet and build from scratch. Indeed, it's well documented how much we've spent this season. Not to mention shocking buys like Macken and money wasted on paying off expensive contracts of players that didn't work out last season. You are not comparing like with like with Warnock and Dowie.

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:00 PM
his track record at buying players is also dodgy at times.

And Warnocks isn't????

Look at some of the wank he's got in his squad at the moment. That's the reason why they nearly didn't go up.

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by elliott
And Warnocks isn't????

Look at some of the wank he's got in his squad at the moment. That's the reason why they nearly didn't go up. But they did go up with ease in the end. They had such a great first half to the season, they could afford to have a wobble in the 2nd half.

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
But they did go up with ease in the end. They had such a great first half to the season, they could afford to have a wobble in the 2nd half.

I think I read somewhere that Warnock has brought in, permanent and on loan, 105 players in the last 5 seasons. And you think Dowie has been bad in the transfer market....

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
But they did go up with ease in the end. They had such a great first half to the season, they could afford to have a wobble in the 2nd half.

:p

Sheff Utd squad is hardly wank if they finished 2nd, the table does not lie, which is why idealy Dowie will go if we fail to get promated.

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Q. What do you call Matty and c_block's ability to see in Warnock what millions of other cannot?

A. Chucklevision

Never heard that one before have I.....

I wish I was as funny as you, you tool.

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:07 PM
They only had a wobble because he played some of the shit that he'd bought over Christmas. Recently he realised the problems and went back to the original players (Webber & Shipps etc) and the original formation.

In fairness, Warnock has on a few occasions been quite nice in what he's said about Palace, although it generally is when he hasn't had a fair and reasonable decision to rant about.

Does he not start the Premiership season in the stands? Seem to remember that from somewhere.

Oh yeh... I think a lot of people don't like him because they are jealous. I know if he managed Palace, I probably wouldn't get upset about him.

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
How any Palace fan can like Warnock after his antics with our Kember side is beyond me. Respect him for what he has done? Yes. Like him? No friggin way.

AJ1969
:p

Sheff Utd squad is hardly wank if they finished 2nd,

So are Sunderlanbd wank?

elliott
Originally posted by kolinkins
I think I read somewhere that Warnock has brought in, permanent and on loan, 105 players in the last 5 seasons. And you think Dowie has been bad in the transfer market....

I've heard something very similar

FYI
Craig Short Blackburn Free 29-06-2005
Gary Mulligan Wolves Free 03-07-2005
Karl Nix Aston Villa Free 05-07-2005
Neil Shipperley C Palace Free 20-07-2005
Keith Gillespie Leicester Free 05-08-2005
David Unsworth Portsmouth Free 22-08-2005
Brian Deane Perth Glory Free 23-12-2005
Garry Flitcroft Blackburn Free 12-01-2006
Ade Akinbiyi Burnley 1750000 26-01-2006
Bruce Dyer Stoke Free 26-01-2006

AJ1969
01-05-2006, 01:11 PM
How any Palace fan can like Warnock after his antics with our Kember side is beyond me. Respect him for what he has done? Yes. Like him? No friggin way.

Agreed. But I think CBL and MTE have only blown into selhurst over the past season or so.... history lesson anyone?

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:11 PM

That's what annoys me most.

That League Cup Quarter Final

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by AJ1969
So are Sunderlanbd wank?

This season yes, but not last season, they gained promation.

Dig?

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by AJ1969
Agreed. But I think CBL and MTE have only blown into selhurst over the past season or so.... history lesson anyone?

Ex Chelsea myself?

You?

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by elliott
I've heard something very similar

FYI
Craig Short Blackburn Free 29-06-2005
Gary Mulligan Wolves Free 03-07-2005
Karl Nix Aston Villa Free 05-07-2005
Neil Shipperley C Palace Free 20-07-2005
Keith Gillespie Leicester Free 05-08-2005
David Unsworth Portsmouth Free 22-08-2005
Brian Deane Perth Glory Free 23-12-2005
Garry Flitcroft Blackburn Free 12-01-2006
Ade Akinbiyi Burnley 1750000 26-01-2006
Bruce Dyer Stoke Free 26-01-2006 Shipps, Gillespie and Unsworth have been decent signings. That leaves 7 poor signings. I'll give you Macken, Torghelle, Lakis, Kaviedes, Speroni, Hudson & Andrews. Not to mention Kolkka and Ventola, who were hardly VFM for all the games they played.

Diggers digs in?
01-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Never heard that one before have I.....

I wish I was as funny as you, you tool.

You can dream son, you can dream.

I don't mind him anyway, he's always good for a laugh. But you (and plenty others) are so keen to give him leaway and laud him for their success, yet slaughter Dowie even though he is clearly as passionate for our club but who is much younger and far less experienced than Warnock, but has already achieved more than him in 3 years than warnock did in 7 at this level!

And for God's sake, Akinbiyi? Who's got 3 goals since joining? Macken is surely only slightly worse than that! And even though I've got no hope for the playoffs, if we can get to the final and have to play Preston, I wouldn't be surprised to see Macken get a goal against his old club when it mattered the most.

AJ1969
01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Ex Chelsea myself?

You?

Pompey actually and flirted with the Gunners end of the 80's

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Shipps, Gillespie and Unsworth have been decent signings. That leaves 7 poor signings. I'll give you Macken, Torghelle, Lakis, Kaviedes, Speroni, Hudson & Andrews. Not to mention Kolkka and Ventola, who were hardly VFM for all the games they played.

Sorry that was just this season for Sheff Utd. Given that you've mentioned players from the last 2 seasons for Palace, here you go:
2004-2005 signings
Paul Thirlwell Sunderland Free 27-07-2004
Danny Cadamarteri Leeds 50000 30-09-2004
Derek Geary Stockport 25000 22-10-2004
Luke Beckett Stockport 50000 15-11-2004
Danny Cullip Brighton 250000 17-12-2004
Tommy Johnson Gillingham Free 09-02-2005
Danny Haystead Scarborough Signed 28-02-2005
Lilian Nalis Leicester Free 17-05-2005
Paul Ifill Millwall 800000 20-05-2005
Danny Webber Watford 500000 01-06-2005

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 01:23 PM
, but has already achieved more than him in 3 years than warnock did in 7 at this level!

How? Both have 1 Promation each.

But Warnock has had to turn a club around, Dowie has had it all on a plate you has struggled, like he did at Oldham, good at first, can turn things around then struggles, I.E Kevin Keegan.

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 01:27 PM
And for God's sake, Akinbiyi? Who's got 3 goals since joining? Macken is surely only slightly worse than that! And even though I've got no hope for the playoffs, if we can get to the final and have to play Preston, I wouldn't be surprised to see Macken get a goal against his old club when it mattered the most. If Macken comes on at any time during the Play Offs, we'll be really, really desperate. The guy is a joke, living off his rep at Preston 4 years ago. Macken doesn't even shoot, nor even put his fellow striker in for an assist, so suddenly he's gonna get a goal in a pressure game. Dream on.

I'd rather have a central defender as makeshift targetman upfront than a lump of lard in Macken. Ask Klinx how much I hate central defenders upfront and you'll see just how little I rate the abject failure of a signing in Macken.

Dowie may be passionate, but it doesn't often transmit to the players on the pitch of late. We played well I think first half, but were shit 2nd. Some passionate HT team talk, then. Or perhaps we were deliberately trying to avoid Preston knowing that with them winning, a winner for us yesterday, would see us play them instead of Watford.

Adlerhorst
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
I'd rather have a central defender as makeshift targetman upfront than a lump of lard in Macken.

No worries there then, when we need a goal Dowie prefers them up front to strikers with natural ability and all that hoopla.

EDIT - Clearly i mean Ventola

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
No worries there then, when we need a goal Dowie prefers them up front to strikers with natural ability and all that hoopla.

EDIT - Clearly i mean Ventola But unlike Ventola, Macken has no natural ability. Apart from the natural ability to get injured and be fat.

PhilD
01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
in 5 years he has cleared the clubs debt, developed a strong squad despite selling some of there better players, developed one of the best youth acadamys in the country, and turned SUFC into a well run profitable football club.

Blimey, he's done all that on his own? I'm surprised he hasn't been headhunted by a multi-national conglomerate! The majority of the hard work has been done by the board there, who over the past few years, have done an excellent job behind the scenes. Warnock has got them up and in that respect he's done a decent job, but he's been well backed. If they hadn't gone up this season then he would have been sacked because he had underachieved in the past two seasons.

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by PhilD
Blimey, he's done all that on his own? I'm surprised he hasn't been headhunted by a multi-national conglomerate! The majority of the hard work has been done by the board there, who over the past few years, have done an excellent job behind the scenes. Warnock has got them up and in that respect he's done a decent job, but he's been well backed. If they hadn't gone up this season then he would have been sacked because he had underachieved in the past two seasons.

Agreed

John.K
01-05-2006, 01:38 PM
But unlike Ventola, Macken has no natural ability. Apart from the natural ability to get injured and be fat.

Haha poppycock

elliott
01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Can we not just turn this into a Jon Macken thread please

Diggers digs in?
01-05-2006, 01:47 PM
How? Both have 1 Promation each.

But Warnock has had to turn a club around, Dowie has had it all on a plate you has struggled, like he did at Oldham, good at first, can turn things around then struggles, I.E Kevin Keegan.

He got us promoted in 6 months, it took Warnock 7 years. To me, that says Dowie has been more successful. As has been said, Warnock didn't single handedly clear the millions of pounds of debt, much of the credit for that must go to the board.

I agree the squad has underperformed this season but like Wet Sham last season, we're in the playoffs, and now we have to perform when it really counts. And I don't see the lads performing if Selhurst Park is a sea of negativity because it will transmit to the team. We shall see.

Celestial Empire
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Interesting that Warnock's view is that Watford are the "surprise package", Palace the "quality team" and Leeds and Preston the two "organised teams".

c_block_lad
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Lets put it this way.

Who's position would we rather be in?

Our or Sheff Utd.

Close Thread.

:)

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Lets put it this way.

Our or Sheff Utd.

Close Thread.

Ours.

A wider look shows clearly why

welshneil
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Lets put it this way.

Our or Sheff Utd.

Close Thread.

If ANY palace manager had taken as long as Warnock has to get us promoted he wouldn't have lasted seven years, and if he had it would have probably been slated by a majorety of fans.

oz_da II
01-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Lets put it this way.

Our or Sheff Utd.

Close Thread.

Ours

What's with the Chuckle Brother's little love affair with Colin?
Wind up, surely. Bored perhaps?

c_block_lad
01-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Ours

LOL

You'd rather be in the lottery of the play-off's than automatic promotion?

On wind up there my friend, people wont full for that nonsense.

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
I cant figure out whether c_block and Matty support Southend, Sheffield Utd or Fulham.

c_block_lad
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I cant figure out whether c_block and Matty support Southend, Sheffield Utd or Fulham.

Or your a young Jihad?

It is indeed confusing.

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
One more classic fron Warnock "'And I don't think the defenders in the Premiership will be able to cope with Ade Akinbiyi.' :eek:

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
LOL

Not about the lottery of the play-offs v automatic promotion. Its about a whole host of factors - squads, managers and chairman included. I'd rather be in our positon than 1 or 2 Premiership clubs as well.

oz_da II
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
LOL

They'll buy a few veteran mercenaries and come straight back down.
Two years time they'll be in Norwich's current position. Lost in mid-table mediocrity.

If we go up we'll have half a chance of staying up and if we don't go up we'll be stronger next season.

kolinkins
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Or your a young Jihad?

quoted so that you cant edit this stupidity.

welshneil
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Or your a young Jihad?

Not a smart comment!

oz_da II
01-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Baffling comment.
Very classy........

TopKnot
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Or your a young Jihad?

It is indeed confusing.

You don't even know what that means, do you? :clown:

bananaman
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
warnocks still a tosser tho!! :p :D :lux:

Trolley
01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by paulws
"Simon Jordan (Palace chairman) has done a fantastic job to re-sign him for a season

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
if we don't go up we'll be stronger next season. Without AJ, yeah of course we will. :rolleyes:

Nevermind, we've offered Wayne Andrews a new contract. He'll take over AJ's mantle no probs. Or another of Bob's "finds" from Chesham will do the job.:rolleyes:

c_block_lad
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Without AJ, yeah of course we will. :rolleyes:

Nevermind, we've offered Wayne Andrews a new contract. He'll take over AJ's mantle no probs. Or another of Bob's "finds" from Chesham will do the job.:rolleyes:

:D :)

Who needs a proper scouting network when you can read the Non-League paper?

;) :p

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 05:14 PM
He got us promoted in 6 months, it took Warnock 7 years. .

Warnock Management Career includes winning the conference with Scarborough and taking them into the league for the first time in the clubs history, and two promotions with Notts County whom he took into the top flight, and turned down the Chelsea job, also promotions with Bury & Plymouth.

Quality manager, and will keep Sheff Utd in the top flight next year.

Trolley
01-05-2006, 06:29 PM

Warnock Management Career includes winning the conference with Scarborough and taking them into the league for the first time in the clubs history, and two promotions with Notts County whom he took into the top flight, and turned down the Chelsea job, also promotions with Bury & Plymouth.

Quality manager, and will keep Sheff Utd in the top flight next year.

I hav great admiration for 'Warnock' and I am certainly NOT alone as he was given 'Consideration' for the vacant managerial position at our beloved club.

;) ;) :)

gongle
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
I hav great admiration for 'Warnock' and I am certainly NOT alone as he was given 'Consideration' for the vacant managerial position at our beloved club.

;) ;) :)

But he didn't actually apply for the position did he?

01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Why's this?

I'm stunned that you have to ask. His comments re that offside alone were enough to make me think him a twat forever, but his constant whinging, disrespect he shows to other managers & professionals, smarmy fat face when he wins, bullshit speaking "the whole world is against me" fat face when he loses. The man is the managerial equivilant of Robbie Savage. A total cock.

Oh no, don't tell me, you like Robbie Savage? Jesus, you'll be telling me there's no animosity between Palace and Millwall next.

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm stunned that you have to ask. His comments re that offside alone were enough to make me think him a twat forever, but his constant whinging, disrespect he shows to other managers & professionals, smarmy fat face when he wins, bullshit speaking "the whole world is against me" fat face when he loses. The man is the managerial equivilant of Robbie Savage. A total cock.

Oh no, don't tell me, you like Robbie Savage? Jesus, you'll be telling me there's no animosity between Palace and Millwall next.

In your opnion he's a twat, to most people he is a supurb manager who talks his mind, nothing wrong with that.

Robbie Savage good player, sent off once in his career I believe? Played well for Brum, and Blackburns turn around can be creatied to his arrival.

Millwall, another London derby for most fans, now the scum from the South coast on the other hand....

01-05-2006, 07:30 PM
In your opnion he's a twat, to most people he is a supurb manager who talks his mind, nothing wrong with that.

Robbie Savage good player, sent off once in his career I believe? Played well for Brum, and Blackburns turn around can be creatied to his arrival.

Millwall, another London derby for most fans, now the scum from the South coast on the other hand....

You're right, it is my opinion. It is also my opinion that you're off your head if you think "to most people he is a superb manager". He is one of the most hated managers in the game.

I never doubted Savage's playing ability. I just stated that, like Warnock, he is a twat. Savage is one of the most hated players in the game.

"Millwall, another London derby for most fans" :clown: Honestly, why continue to make such a fool of yourself?

Club we hate the most? (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93873&highlight=most+hated+team) Yes, it's Millwall

Most hated London team? (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102319&highlight=most+hated+team) Millwall by miles.

Who did we most want to go down? (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124720) Yes, not Brighton, it was Millwall.

"Most" fans consists of more than you and c-block. "Most" fans don't come from Addington, or Wallington, or whatever suberb it is that you live in. Most fans hate Millwall. Learn to accept it.

MATTY THE EAGLE
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Of course if you was in the away end when Jobi scored against the Scum you would know that, to see the look on the scummers faces.

Millwall, Pah another game.

DEAL WITH IT.

elliott
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
By the way, I'd prefer to be in Chelsea's position than ours or Sheffield Uniteds.

At the end of last season I would've preferred to be in Sunderland's position than ours (or Uniteds). Mick McCarthy must be a genius then.

Nuff said

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I don't mind Warnock himself that much. As a Blades fan, he's passionate about his club in the way Jordan is about Palace as a fan. He lets his mouth run away with itself before he engages his brain. However, I have a problem with the fact his club are always a pretty dirty side. Yesterday, I saw the right back have a few goes at Jobi, targetting him, trying to wind him up and possibly even injure him as they saw him as our dangerman. If AJ had played, they might have done it to him. I saw Morgan get away with several dirty challenges. Both yesterday and in the Selhurst game.

redandblue
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM

Him and jordon are mates

01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Of course if you was in the away end when Jobi scored against the Scum you would know that, to see the look on the scummers faces.

DEAL WITH IT.

Millwall isn't "another game" and you just make yourself sound a cock claiming it is. Brighton is also not "another game" and I wouldn't dream of claiming it was just because, to pluck an example out of midair, "my godfather's proper Brighton, not from down the coast, and he says there's no problem, so it must be true". That would be a complete load of shit, and would make me look a fool.

01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by redandblue
Him and jordon are mates

I know, it worries me, the thought that SJ may in the future approach the tit about becoming our manager.

limited_edition
01-05-2006, 10:44 PM
I know, it worries me, the thought that SJ may in the future approach the tit about becoming our manager. SJ is thought to be an admirer of Souness, too. Between Souness and Warnock, Souey is the lesser of 2 evils.

welshneil
02-05-2006, 07:34 AM

So Sheffield Utd's turn around was thanks to their manager who took 7 years to do it, Blackburn's was due to one player who did it in 12 months...maybe SJ should start asking the tea lady advice on team selection matters!

gongle
02-05-2006, 07:48 AM
So Sheffield Utd's turn around was thanks to their manager who took 7 years to do it, Blackburn's was due to one player who did it in 12 months...maybe SJ should start asking the tea lady advice on team selection matters!

He does - she suggested playing Tom Soares every week.

Away Day Eagle
02-05-2006, 08:00 AM

We did have a good day though Chief :p

bald-eagle
02-05-2006, 08:33 AM

Now you're being silly........:bash:

Richard
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Him and jordon are mates Isn't it a fairly open secret that Jordan wanted Warnock for Palace on at least one of the several times he was looking for a manager in the last five years ? Given their links, it's not surprising that Warnock always bigs Palace up - he may well be our manager at some stage.

Trolley
02-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Him and jordon are mates

'Warnock' was most certainly a candidate for the vacant managerial position at our beloved club.

;)

MANCDAZEAGLE
02-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by andy m
We have got the best team out of the play off sides. We've got the best team in the division for that matter. But it hasn't got us automatic promotion and I seriously doubt it'll matter much in the play offs.

Completely with you on this one Andy M

:p :p :p :p :p

MANCDAZEAGLE
02-05-2006, 02:59 PM
just a matter of interest also George Burley and Peter Taylor have tipped us 2

:p:p:p:p:p

Trolley
02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MANCDAZEAGLE
just a matter of interest also George Burley and Peter Taylor have tipped us 2

'Preston' are the team who have been most impressive in the run-up to the 'Play-Offs'. The 'Lillywhites' have won 6 and drawn 2 of their last 8 games, only conceding TWO goals in the process.

Their manager 'Billy Davies' has done a jolly good job since being elevated to the managerial 'Throne' after the departure of 'Craig Brown'

Melfort Eagle
02-05-2006, 03:30 PM
But Prestons good run has to end some time.

Trolley
02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Melfort Eagle
But Prestons good run has to end some time.

And our beloved team have to start one !

MANCDAZEAGLE
02-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
'Preston' are the team who have been most impressive in the run-up to the 'Play-Offs'. The 'Lillywhites' have won 6 and drawn 2 of their last 8 games, only conceding TWO goals in the process.

Their manager 'Billy Davies' has done a jolly good job since being elevated to the managerial 'Throne' after the departure of 'Craig Brown'

As ive stated previously on different threads Trolley Preston are the team that worries me 2

Trolley
02-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MANCDAZEAGLE
As ive stated previously on different threads Trolley Preston are the team that worries me 2

Mancdazeagle

I articulated the 'Preston' record over the last 8 games and during this period they amassed 20 points. This compares with Watford 12 points, Our beloved team 11 points and Leeds a mere 7 points.

smileysmith
02-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Warnock is a credible manager, who has made no secret of his desire to manage our club, much as SJ has made no secret of his desire for Warnock to manage our club should the situation arise where it became possible.

Personally, I take him woth a pinch of salt and feel he has done a good job with SUFC.

He is the sort of manager who you'd prefer on your side, but comes accross as a to most other fans.

917L
02-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Warnock is a credible manager, who has made no secret of his desire to manage our club, .

When has he stated he wants to manage us?

And I dont want him anyway, he really is someone who lives up to his nickname.......

Melfort Eagle
02-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Doesnt Warnock support Sheff United, whilst the rest of his family supported Wednesday.

elliott
02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
All of the Warnocks have a brick in their wall if that helps