PDA

View Full Version : Whats happened to granville ?

HARRY MONK
02-05-2006, 12:43 PM
played a few games for the reserves , on the bench for southampton and then not even in squads for 1st or reserves this weekend. hope he hasnt broke down again because with borrowdale at left back we are really in trouble. and playing boyce there effects the balance of the side even if better than playing borrowdale.

Gooders
02-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Last I heard from someone at the club he was 100% fit but thought to be way off the pace in terms of getting attuned to the games.

Doubt we'll see him in the play-offs.

marky1919
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
In which case the back four has to be:

Butterfield, Hall, Ward, Boyce.
If we play Borrowdale, we're doomed.

Shoreditch CPFC
02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I've been wondering if there will be a behind closed doors game this week. The fact there was no senior players in the reserves yesterday when people like Butts, Granville & Aki must be in desperate need of a run out is v fishy. You can probably add Leggy, Macken & Hudson to that list as well.

nicknackpalace
02-05-2006, 01:19 PM
I would have liked to see Tommy Black get a second half run out at Sheffield. It would have been worth giving him a try because we're looking a bit short of ideas. We've already tried macken this season and it hasn't worked. Nothing would have been lost by giving TB a run out.

limited_edition
02-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
I've been wondering if there will be a behind closed doors game this week. The fact there was no senior players in the reserves yesterday when people like Butts, Granville & Aki must be in desperate need of a run out is v fishy. You can probably add Leggy, Macken & Hudson to that list as well. Not expecting to see Danny G even on the bench for the Play Offs. Concerned Aki won't make it either.:(

nicknackpalace
02-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Aki is a must for the bench. He has that inspirational ability to impact a game.

limited_edition
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by nicknackpalace
Aki is a must for the bench. He has that inspirational ability to impact a game. Absolutely. But I hope he's recovered from that pesky, recurring calf injury.

Shipp Ahoy!
02-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Or maybe Granville picked up a knock and will be out for two weeks :rolleyes:

;)

gongle
02-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Or maybe Granville picked up a knock and will be out for two weeks :rolleyes:

;)

Wonder why he travelled to Sheffield?

Ben H
02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
I've been wondering if there will be a behind closed doors game this week. The fact there was no senior players in the reserves yesterday when people like Butts, Granville & Aki must be in desperate need of a run out is v fishy. You can probably add Leggy, Macken & Hudson to that list as well.

Perhaps the injury has taken more out of him than first thought. Butterfield has had two games now, Granville nothing.

Palaceboy222
02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by marky1919

if we play Hall and Ward were doomed!

Palaceboy222
02-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I can't see Granville playing any part in the play offs so i would put Boyce at LB, which is a big shame as i think we need him in the middle

bald-eagle
02-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by marky1919

If we play Boyce we're doomed....oh no sorry, I meant Hall, or was it Ward? Bring in Popovic, no sorry he's rubbish too, must play Hudson, he's quicker, Oh God he pants too...What to do?
Sh*t, whoever it is that plays, we're doomed, doomed I tell you.

:bash: :bash: :bash:

maxpower
02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Dowie just has lost it to be honest! Surely black now should get a run out for ther eserves then in 1st team squad for watford as he has been inspirational for gillingham and we need some one with high confidence so BRING BLACK BACK

WorthingEagle
02-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bald-eagle
If we play Boyce we're doomed....oh no sorry, I meant Hall, or was it Ward? Bring in Popovic, no sorry he's rubbish too, must play Hudson, he's quicker, Oh God he pants too...What to do?

The difference being Boyce is quality and Borrowdale.........isn't.

BLUE BOY
02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Granvile is probably still 2 weeks away, just like they have been saying for..............well, ages!

David Amsalem
02-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
Dowie just has lost it to be honest! Surely black now should get a run out for ther eserves then in 1st team squad for watford as he has been inspirational for gillingham and we need some one with high confidence so BRING BLACK BACK

Yeah, Dowie has lost it. What is he thinking not playing Tommy Black? :rolleyes:

AJ
02-05-2006, 06:22 PM

I would rather see Borrowdale than Black at LB, won't you?

HIPEMENT
02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bald-eagle

I dont know how you can mention boyce in that.

Beatleboy
02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I too am fed up with all of this " 2 weeks away from fitness" nonsense in respect of DG. I also share the major worry that our play off rivals will target our week left back position with Gary B there.

He has played better of late, but in a recent game ( Leicester ?), I recall that he was once again turned inside out leading to a goal for them.

Ian Dowie has to look at other options.

If he does play GB, I just hope that he proves many of us totally wrong and pops up with a winning goal or a goal saving tackle or 2.

Paicey
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
ok how about this

Butts Ward Hall Poppa as the back 4
Jobi Watson (aki if fit) Hughes Reich
AJ clint

bench
Speroni
Watson/Aki (see above)
Granny (if he is ok)
Dougie
soars?

Paicey
02-05-2006, 09:52 PM
oh forgot boyce...hmmm intresting....poppa might be better on the left but boyce is a tariffic player...hmmm

David Amsalem
03-05-2006, 12:02 AM
How can people even contemplate dropping Boyce?

AJ
03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by David Amsalem
How can people even contemplate dropping Boyce?

Actually you can't drop a player who hasn't played the last 2 games:o

steve hail
03-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by nicknackpalace
I would have liked to see Tommy Black get a second half run out at Sheffield. It would have been worth giving him a try because we're looking a bit short of ideas. We've already tried macken this season and it hasn't worked. Nothing would have been lost by giving TB a run out.

See your doctor right away.

Or is your other name nicknackwatford?

steve hail
03-05-2006, 04:02 AM

My dad would look inspirational playing for Gillingham

sydnsteve
03-05-2006, 06:07 AM
I would like to see TB at least on the bench, but preferably starting after the displays from Reich. Zero chance of it happening as Dowie has no lateral thinking.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
03-05-2006, 07:45 AM
TB returning is nonsense.

If he was that much in ID's thoughts why would they have packed him off to the Gills..nah he's way out of the frame.

And as someone said earlier Borrowdale will be targetted as other teams have done already this season (Southampton most recently).

Neither Danny G. or Aki will be around. These are huge matches and ID will want total committment from players that are 100% fit....

As ID has said the players who have featured recently are the mainstay of the squad.

917L
03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
TB returning is nonsense.

If he was that much in ID's thoughts why would they have packed him off to the Gills..nah he's way out of the frame.

I agree he may well be out of the frame, but the fact he's been on loan elsewhere is hardly unique is it?

Many players have gone on loan elsewhere and returned to have a positive impact.
I'm not saying TB would or that ID will include him in the squad, but since he went on loan we have lost Andrews (no big deal IMO but someone who plays a similar wide/striker role to Black) who has no direct replacement excepting TB. Add TBs current form and match fitness and it would seem reasonable for him to be included in the squad.