PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck with the Play-Offs

Essex Hammer
02-05-2006, 02:57 PM
A lot of you won't remember me, but I came on and posted in the run up to our own Play Off Final in 2004. I just want to say I wish you the very best of luck in the play offs and would love to see you win in Cardiff (At least this time it won't be at the expense of us!)

In Iain Dowie you have an excellent manager, and like Alan Curbishley found out, he had far more experience in dealing with the Premiership a second time round.

Anyway, my bet is a tight Leeds/Palace final with Palace to edge it.

Best of luck and hope to be making the journey to Selhurst next year.

F*cking crying shame about Millwall, too

*sniggers*

Palaceboy222
02-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Yes it was rather a pity about Mill**** :D

Cheers for the good luck and welcome back

Good Luck at Cardiff

Isle of Wight
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks and good luck to you for the cup final.

Selhurst Celtic
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Essex Hammer

*sniggers*

:p :D

Away Day Eagle
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Cheers Chief

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for your good wishes.....they cheered me up immensly as I'm still grief stricken with Millwall's demise...;)

stageline
02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
thanks al super al al super al al super al super alan pardew

sydney eagle
02-05-2006, 03:08 PM

*sniggers*

My favourite part of this seasons football ....Hopefully us getting promoted will beat it though

Thanks for the post essex hammer :p

limited_edition
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Cheers. Good luck in the Cup Final EH. Real shame about Hayden. Hope Ashton and Etherington can get fit for the final. Fingers crossed, I look forward to a trip to Upton Park next year.

Essex Hammer
02-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Along with Danny Gabbidon, Hayden Mullins has been right up there as one of our best and most consistent performers this year. Nigel Reo Coker takes his fair share of the plaudits and rightly so, but Hayden does his holding midfield job with absolutely no fuss and has been a revelation since Pardew stopped playing him everywhere and gave him his preferred centre-midfield role.

I'm gutted for the fella that he's missing the final, but this has been an incredible season for us and one that I'd never have predicted.

How's Jobi McAnuff doing? Good little player, I thought..

celery stick
02-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Nice one EH.
Good luck in the FA Cup Final, it could be a classic north v south encounter.

"Give me a London team everytime . . ."

smileysmith
02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Cheers for the wishes, Essex Hammer. I'm sure most of us wish you the best for the Cup final. Gutted Hayden won't be playing ... we still miss him too. Chuffed for Super Al - he learnt well from Coppell. :)

Jobi has been great. A little inconsistent, but then wingers generally are. He's got a great song, which hopefully you'll hear on the TV should we make it to Cardiff ...

Palaceman95
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
cheers mate, good luck in the FA cup final, rather you win it than Liverpool.

Would be brilliant if we were playing you next season, btw ur manager is a legend :p

limited_edition
02-05-2006, 06:02 PM
How's Jobi McAnuff doing? Good little player, I thought.. Jobi's been brilliant 2nd half of the season. Not really an out-and-out winger like say Etherington who can consistently ping in good crosses, but he's tricky and gets into superb goalscoring positions. He has scored some important goals like the winner at Elland Road. Prefers to play on the left, even though he's mostly right footed. But he's improved his left foot a lot. Cracking left footed goal v Leeds at Selhurst. I'd back Jobi to bag us a vital goal or 2 in the Play Offs.

AlanD
02-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Anyone thats laughs at Millwall is instantly a friend of mine.

norwood_girl
02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Nice one EH! :p

And good luck for the Cup Final fella.

Sunny Fan
02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Cheers EH, I do remember you from a couple of seasons ago: always a measured and decent away fan. Welcome back, hope you continue to pop back here now and again. Cheers for the good wishes, and well done on this season so far

Essex Hammer
02-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Mate, it's been brilliant and way beyond my wildest expectations...

I hate to say it now, but losing to you in 2004 was possibly the best thing that could have happened to us as a club (And I include a lot of ou supporters in that)

First season back, guaranteed top-half finish, first FA Cup final for 26 years and UEFA Cup Football next season.

It doesn't get much better. Someone please wake me up when it's all over.

In all honesty, next season is going to be the real test, but for the time being I'll just be happy to stay up and consolidate.

Oh, and win the FA Cup, obviously... ;O)

james powell
02-05-2006, 09:30 PM
A lot of you won't remember me, but I came on and posted in the run up to our own Play Off Final in 2004. I just want to say I wish you the very best of luck in the play offs and would love to see you win in Cardiff (At least this time it won't be at the expense of us!)

In Iain Dowie you have an excellent manager, and like Alan Curbishley found out, he had far more experience in dealing with the Premiership a second time round.

Anyway, my bet is a tight Leeds/Palace final with Palace to edge it.

Best of luck and hope to be making the journey to Selhurst next year.

*sniggers*

Top post fella

Shipp Ahoy!
02-05-2006, 09:31 PM
West Ham kind of remind me of Harchester really, kind of thing you would write in a script :D

Relegation - defeat in play offs - winning in play offs - top half finish, FA cup final - UEFA cup football.

PhilD
02-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks Essex - The more London clubs the better in the Premiership as far as I'm concerned, just hope we make it up there and make it one more. Congratulations on a brilliant season which gives everyone outside the top flight some hope.

patch
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Someone please wake me up when it's all over.

Pinch - it was all just a dream!

good luck in the final mate:p

mik59
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a good mate who's W.Ham and I've felt compelled to say several things since Cardiff - one being that I didn't expect her team to succeed like they have this year but I'm impressed they have. The other, is that I hope some Palace fans could have the perspective that she - & now you EH - have offered on my own club.

limited_edition
02-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Mate, it's been brilliant and way beyond my wildest expectations...

I hate to say it now, but losing to you in 2004 was possibly the best thing that could have happened to us as a club (And I include a lot of ou supporters in that)

First season back, guaranteed top-half finish, first FA Cup final for 26 years and UEFA Cup Football next season.

It doesn't get much better. Someone please wake me up when it's all over.
Kinda reminds me of 1989-90 for us. Newly promoted, get in a Cup Final thanks to Super Al scoring the winner in the semi. Got even better the next season as we finished 3rd. But we still got robbed of a UEFA Cup place. :sob:

calne eagle
02-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by norwood_girl
Nice one EH! :p

And good luck for the Cup Final fella.

From me too.

spunky
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Top banana, i must say i cant drum up and hatred for WHU. This year under super AL they have played some very good football, Ashton was a good signing.

Good luck in the FA cup

sydnsteve
03-05-2006, 07:46 AM
EH, I remember you well. Very reasoned posts, and a good loser as well. I was wondering what had happened to you only the other day. Good luck in the final. I'm gutted Hayden won't be there. I still think he's wasted a bit in just a holding midfield role, as he scored a lot of goals for us in the season he was encouraged to go forward. We've never really replaced him.
I'm glad you're supporting us, but you've got more confidence than I have TBH. I've fancied Preston to win it for a while, so I only hope Leeds beat them.

Hadham Eagle
03-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Cheers EH
all the Best for the cup final too and if you're ever in the Hadhams region...I'll buy you a pint!