PDA

View Full Version : Just Before The Teams Come Out!.....

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi,

You might have read Iain's plea for the home support to really get behind the team on Saturday.

'Dowie is desperate for Palace fans to make Selhurst Park an intimidating place for the Hornets to visit and hopes supporters create an atmosphere which can inspire his side to take a hefty advantage going into the second leg.

Dowie said: "We need to make Selhurst Park an intimidating place to play on Saturday so I hope the fans will be pumped up and ready to provide maximum volume'

So here's the deal!

Prior to the game on saturday, I am going to get the whole ground chanting and clapping!

'PALACE, clap clap clap, PALACE, clap clap clap etc!!

I'm going to start it when I see the players on the big screen in the tunnel preparing to come out. I want them to hear just how much we are behind them, and if we start it off so they can hear it in the tunnel, and then come out to it, it's bound to make them feel good!

Then, it really is up to you to keep it going! Whatever advantage we can achieve in this first leg will really count towards getting to Cardiff.

As I say, I'm gonna start it.....so please join in, and get the people to the left or to the right of you, in front and behind of you to join in!, in all sections of the ground!

As Iain says, he wants you to create an intimidating atmosphere, and you know you can!!!

Thanks, The players know they can count on you!!!

Rob

immoralgiant
04-05-2006, 07:34 PM
what about glad all over?

04-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Great idea, i was thinking of starting it when the players go into the changing room after warming up, so all Dowie has to say is:

listen to that lads, thats what you mean to 26,000 people, do it for them

also a major major major request

In the unlikely event of us going a goal down, can everyone stand up and start singing red and bue army. Everyone remebers Arsenal and how much of a lift the team got from our response, if we can do that against watford we can re-motivate the players and go straight back at them.

great idea rob, thanks for another great season :p :p

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
007, great idea, and you are right!

I mentioned it in my programme notes previously how when we went 1-0 down V Arsenal how the crowd responded and what it done for us1 (God bless you Aki!)

I'll remind them on saturday, thanks for reminding me!

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by immoralgiant
what about glad all over?

No probs, that'll get played just after i welcome the teams onto the pitch!

Stonewall
04-05-2006, 07:42 PM
I gotta e-mail about it, and still tickets avalible:eek: Why have we not sold out as yet? where is the support?:veryangry

Melfort Eagle
04-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Its a great idea, lets just hope that people join in....

04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Rob Fox
007, great idea, and you are right!

I mentioned it in my programme notes previously how when we went 1-0 down V Arsenal how the crowd responded and what it done for us1 (God bless you Aki!)

I'll remind them on saturday, thanks for reminding me!

a man of your calibare agreeing with me, i love you rob :love: :love: :love:

deanchilds
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Thats a great idea, both halfs would be great. if we do go a goal down can you say something to get the fans going again or can that be clased as winding up the away fans.

Melfort Eagle
04-05-2006, 07:46 PM
We need everyone at full voice.
Even if we lose on saturday we need to keep singing, to let the players know that we still believe in them and it will hopefully spur them on for the next leg

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by deanchilds
Thats a great idea, both halfs would be great. if we do go a goal down can you say something to get the fans going again or can that be clased as winding up the away fans.

I don't think so....I'll announce the Watford scorer then add a comment! Nothing wrong in that surely?:D

jordanismygod
04-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I think we should sing 'Iain Dowies red n blue army' as the teams are about to come out.
If we could get all four stands singing that for a minute or so then it would be great!

King William
04-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Stonewall
Why have we not sold out as yet? where is the support?:veryangry

cos no one can get thru on the phone.

deanchilds
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't think so....I'll announce the Watford scorer then add a comment! Nothing wrong in that surely?:D

something simple like, "wheres our 12th man" would get us going again!!

Eagle Mal
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Wind the crowd up Rob, but be careful what you say if they should score, remember the 'Clowns' man
'lux' 'lux' 'lux'

Eagle Mal
04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
sorry :lux: :lux: :lux: getting excited already

04-05-2006, 07:55 PM
How about

and the goal scorer for watford is A !!!

a ....................

iain dowie's red and blue army

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by King William
cos no one can get thru on the phone.

I spoke to Big Bird today. She was on a train in Scotland when she phoned the box office to order her away tickets. she got through and was told she was 49th in the queue. 35th, 27th, 19th, 15th.........then she went into a tunnel and lost her connection!!

She rang again! 'you are 49th in the queue.......!'

Bless ya darlin'!

Matt25
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Would be a laugh if you emphasised every Palace player e.g. number 1, GGGGaaabbbooorrrrrr KKKKKiiirrraaallyyyyy........number 2 (wishful thinking) DDDDDaaannnnyyyy GGGrrraannnvviillleee.

Then rush through the Watford team! :lux:

Riccardo
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Can we stand up for the match....pretty please ?

TN16_Eagle
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
How about Palace didn't charge a stupidly high amount for tickets, then CPFC wouldn't have had to email their whole fan base this afternoon to 'plea' for fans to turn up on Saturday.

One of my work colleagues is a Preston fan, and he reckons he could have got into the vast majority of fixtures this season for between 12 and 15 quid.

TN16_Eagle
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Stonewall
I gotta e-mail about it, and still tickets avalible:eek: Why have we not sold out as yet? where is the support?:veryangry

See my above comment. Hardly surprising is it???

100% Palace
04-05-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm going to start it when I see the players on the big screen in the tunnel preparing to come out. I want them to hear just how much we are behind them, and if we start it off so they can hear it in the tunnel, and then come out to it, it's bound to make them feel good!

You stand just by the tunnel, dont you? I know it may not be possible, but can you hear the refs bell? if so start it then, that extra few seconds may just hit home to the players what it means (apart from a pay rise) if they can hear the noise as they leave the dressing room rather than it starting as they stand in the tunnel.

eagle101
04-05-2006, 08:47 PM

"Let's be 'avin ya!" ;) :D

TN16_Eagle
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
"And an announcement from the Chairman - as a goodwill gesture we will refund the 'booking fee' for this match"

That will get a cheer. :)

Tomo
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Sounds good to me and will pass the message on to any in close proximity to mine.

Rob Fox
04-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 100% Palace
You stand just by the tunnel, dont you? I know it may not be possible, but can you hear the refs bell? if so start it then, that extra few seconds may just hit home to the players what it means (apart from a pay rise) if they can hear the noise as they leave the dressing room rather than it starting as they stand in the tunnel.

Good point! No, i can't hear the bell, but i could have a word with a steward who may give me the nod!

Failing that, I'll use an 'access all areas' pass and go down the tunnel myself!:D

100% Palace
04-05-2006, 08:53 PM

Rob, if you need it, I can fill the role of pissed up person on pitch!

100% Palace
04-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Failing that, I'll use an 'access all areas' pass and go down the tunnel myself!:D

Good lad, if you get down there, give a few of them a whack! (perhaps the Watford keeper, then run out doing a clenched fist celebration or something).

eagles_1986
04-05-2006, 08:57 PM
lol

palace & proud
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Riccardo
Can we stand up for the match....pretty please ?

Allways do in Blocks A & B :D

Blackfen Eagle
05-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Can we have 68 guns played again please

wickham_eagle
05-05-2006, 06:58 AM
No probs, that'll get played just after i welcome the teams onto the pitch!

any chance of managing to play Power to the Palace i know it's a old song but is a very uplifting song

sunshine lucas
05-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I think you should play the goalscoring songs before the match - i.e Jobi's Give it Up, AJ's Pig Bag and the Doog's dog out.
PLease.

Neil
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by sunshine lucas
I think you should play the goalscoring songs before the match - i.e Jobi's Give it Up, AJ's Pig Bag and the Doog's dog out.
PLease.

No, he has to play that song from The Long Good Friday - after all, that really gets the crowd going :rolleyes:

917L
05-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Any chance they'll show a constant stream of Palace play off goals on the jumbtron?

davematt
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Neil
No, he has to play that song from The Long Good Friday - after all, that really gets the crowd going :rolleyes:

I actually like the song for the build up.

Neil
05-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by davematt
I actually like the song for the build up.

Weirdo.

;)

davematt
05-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Weirdo.

;)

:D

I do actually like it. I didnt at first but it has grown on me. Its a song to get fans 'in the zone'.

On the topic, we really need to get Selhurst pumping tomorrow.

BE LOUD, BE PROUD, BE PALACE.....:lux:

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
05-05-2006, 07:53 AM
At the risk of be shouted at...dont forget the Scarf toon...a bit of waving never did anyone any harm...and no its doesn't have to be orchestrated just for half time

:p

Rob Fox
05-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by 917L
Any chance they'll show a constant stream of Palace play off goals on the jumbtron?

I asked Terry earlier this week if they could show the playoff goals on the big screen and he said it was a good idea.

I'll also be playing some songs just before KO that include the commentary of the goals, (thanks Stanley Boy!)

Away Day Eagle
05-05-2006, 08:03 AM
I asked Terry earlier this week if they could show the playoff goals on the big screen and he said it was a good idea.

I'll also be playing some songs just before KO that include the commentary of the goals, (thanks Stanley Boy!)

Well me and the lads are in Block F Main Stand down the front we'll be giving it both barrells for 90 min and then some.

C'MON THE PALACE

Great Call re: the PALACE clap clap clap.

:lux: :lux:

WorthingEagle
05-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Uugh, nothing more cringeworthy than forced audience participation. Just let us get on with it, Rob!

917L
05-05-2006, 08:12 AM

That sounds good:p

Wright,Bright,McGoldrick,Wright,Bright,Wright,Brow n,Veart,Houghton,Roberts,Shipperley,Freedman,Freed man,Hopkin,Hopkin,Shipperley,Butterfield,Johnson,P owell,Shipperley

Unless I've missed any?

wickham_eagle
05-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Well me and the lads are in Block F Main Stand down the front we'll be giving it both barrells for 90 min and then some.

C'MON THE PALACE

Great Call re: the PALACE clap clap clap.

i'll be bringing my massive palace flag with me so we can get that passed around the f block :D

DDD
05-05-2006, 08:15 AM

A continous loop of the two own goals they scored in the League game would be good..

C'MON THE PALACE

Scroatey
05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I think the Palace Radio Goal of the Season will be announced before kick-off and replayed several times on the Jumbotron - couldn't possibly say which one it is ;)

917L
05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Scroatey
I think the Palace Radio Goal of the Season will be announced before kick-off and replayed several times on the Jumbotron - couldn't possibly say which one it is ;)

If it isnt Reichs goal at QPR then there's something wrong somewhere.

Mackenuff
05-05-2006, 10:30 AM
That sounds good:p

Wright,Bright,McGoldrick,Wright,Bright,Wright,Brow n,Veart,Houghton,Roberts,Shipperley,Freedman,Freed man,Hopkin,Hopkin,Shipperley,Butterfield,Johnson,P owell,Shipperley

Unless I've missed any?

Dave Madden??

917L
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Mackenuff
Dave Madden??

Good spot,

Shipp Ahoy!
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM

So it probably won't happen then :(

Tom's Old Man
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Good spot,
Yep. Should show Hughesie's pen at Sunderland too!

the one
05-05-2006, 05:35 PM
We should start this quite early because you need time to get the whole stadium to participate.

Loving the ideas. Can't wait!

Rob Fox
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WorthingEagle
Uugh, nothing more cringeworthy than forced audience participation. Just let us get on with it, Rob!

Sorry WE mate, but it's only gonna be for about 30-60 secs, and it won't be 'forced'!

All I'm trying to do is to get the crowd together as one so that the players will be under no illusion that they have the support!

If I left it to chance, there could be a minute or so of stonewall silence just before kick off, apart from the Watford fans. So call it 'orchestrated' if you like, but not forced!!

fanny farm
05-05-2006, 07:24 PM
sounds an excellent idea. Can't wait... Just need to be as loud and proud as poss for 90 mins and then again on Tues night....

deanchilds
05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Well im going to sing my heart out and will do my upmost to make a difference!! now heres to everyone else doing the same!!

stormbringer
05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry WE mate, but it's only gonna be for about 30-60 secs, and it won't be 'forced'!

All I'm trying to do is to get the crowd together as one so that the players will be under no illusion that they have the support!

If I left it to chance, there could be a minute or so of stonewall silence just before kick off, apart from the Watford fans. So call it 'orchestrated' if you like, but not forced!!

Rob You're a god! I'll be with you all the way. Mind you I'm in block B so you've got a head start there!

In a Rob Fox stylee........."and the man who starts the noise - Rob fox ROB?"...........FOX!!!! :p :lux:

Angry Eagle
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Rob,
You have my full support in your plans to get the crowd going. Good idea.
One request: when we get to the "clap, clap, glad all over bit" can you leave all the music off and not put in the drum beats. I remember the first time I heard you do this last season and the sound of just the crowd clapping / singing was great. With the drum beats in, it never seems as impresive. The sound of 1000's of supporters singing and clapping in unison unaccompanied really makes the hairs on your neck stand up.
Keep up the great work.

pendragon
05-05-2006, 08:04 PM
I reckon we should place microphones around the groud, record all the chanting and singing, burn it onto a cd then have it playing throught the whole match, that would get the silent ones to join in

Rob Fox
05-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Angry Eagle
Rob,
You have my full support in your plans to get the crowd going. Good idea.
One request: when we get to the "clap, clap, glad all over bit" can you leave all the music off and not put in the drum beats. I remember the first time I heard you do this last season and the sound of just the crowd clapping / singing was great. With the drum beats in, it never seems as impresive. The sound of 1000's of supporters singing and clapping in unison unaccompanied really makes the hairs on your neck stand up.
Keep up the great work.

I don't actually work the decks cos I'm on the pitch, so I'll tell whoever is driving them to not to play the drum beats!

Cheers for the input!

cpfc4ever
05-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Sounds a good idea to me :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Rob are they actually going to let you near the pitch with your new hairstyle?!

Rob Fox
05-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Rob are they actually going to let you near the pitch with your new hairstyle?!

:D :o :p :cool: :cool: :p

limited_edition
05-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Two years ago before the Sunderland game, if I remember correctly, you played the Pigbag AJ tune. Or maybe it was at HT. Anyway, that set the crowd up for an electric atmosphere.

james powell
05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi,

You might have read Iain's plea for the home support to really get behind the team on Saturday.

'Dowie is desperate for Palace fans to make Selhurst Park an intimidating place for the Hornets to visit and hopes supporters create an atmosphere which can inspire his side to take a hefty advantage going into the second leg.

Dowie said: "We need to make Selhurst Park an intimidating place to play on Saturday so I hope the fans will be pumped up and ready to provide maximum volume'

So here's the deal!

Prior to the game on saturday, I am going to get the whole ground chanting and clapping!

'PALACE, clap clap clap, PALACE, clap clap clap etc!!

Then, it really is up to you to keep it going! Whatever advantage we can achieve in this first leg will really count towards getting to Cardiff.

As I say, I'm gonna start it.....so please join in, and get the people to the left or to the right of you, in front and behind of you to join in!, in all sections of the ground!

As Iain says, he wants you to create an intimidating atmosphere, and you know you can!!!

Thanks, The players know they can count on you!!!

Rob

:) nice one fella

CPFC Town
05-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Good Work Rob :D