PDA

View Full Version : Ben Foster


kolinkins
05-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I know it is vital we support our boys to the maximum tomorrow, but are we going to remind the w@nker of his recent antics at Selhurst Park?

{edited link - no unauthorised copyright material is permitted on the BBS}

although, it could lead to a Miller-esq performance....

MattR
05-05-2006, 10:10 AM
pathetic. The collision was just two blokes going for the ball - Johnson was brave to go for it, but he was always getting there second and came off worse.

Foster was clearly responding to chants from the Watford crowd and not waving a fist at having clobbered Johnson. Don't be so bloody soft.

TonbridgeEagle
05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Hat-trick for AJ then :p

wilf789
05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MattR
Foster was clearly responding to chants from the Watford crowd and not waving a fist at having clobbered Johnson.
Chants which were due to AJ's injury, they were chanting about him cheating etc. Miller's 'response' to these chants was to wave his fist to the crowd, agreeing with them?

MattR
05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by wilf789
Chants which were due to AJ's injury, they were chanting about him cheating etc. Miller's 'response' to these chants was to wave his fist to the crowd, agreeing with them?

Miller?

No, the chant was "Foster, what's the score?" as I recall. There was certainly jeering of Johnson as he went off from the crowd which was moronic. But to paint yourself into some position of moral superiority by kidding yourself that any pro would celebrate putting an opponent on a stretcher is just silly.

Away Day Eagle
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general

MattR
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general

:sob: :S:

Away Day Eagle
05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MattR
:sob: :S:

:confused:

Neil the Eagle
05-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Whilst I don't think it's as white as you painted it Matt, I agree with the general thrust of what you are saying.

Foster played up to the fans, without realising how bad AJ had come off. There was no deliberate attempt to injure him, just a certain panic about being that far out of his goal requiring him to be certain he got the ball. His immediate reaction certainly didn't cover himself in glory but there was no continuation of it once he realising AJ was quite hurt.

Can we all please move on?

wilf789
05-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general
:lux: :lux:
Originally posted by MattR
:sob: :S:
Some of us want to support our team thanks. Away Day has hit the nail on its shiny head there! Giving the keeper stick might incite a bit more passion into the fans.
Lets just sing our hearts out for the lads yeah?:p

DDD
05-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general

Too right ADE - We need those Watford players like frightened little boys from the 1st minute to the last.....:p :p :lux:

PhilD
05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
It was an accidental collision with no real malice intended as far as I'm concerned. He was stupid to play up to the crowd though.

Kent Palace
05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Ben Foster was well out of line and should be reminded that is not how a pro football should conduct themselves, i wish i had my ticket behind the goal.

Away Day Eagle
05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by DDD
Too right ADE - We need those Watford players like frightened little boys from the 1st minute to the last.....:p :p :lux:

A la Blackburn 89.

DDD
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
A la Blackburn 89.

Too right mate :p

The ground shook that day and we need it again.

kolinkins
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Oops - sorry about the link mods, didnt realise.

Away Day Eagle
05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by DDD
Too right mate :p

The ground shook that day and we need it again.

Probably one of the best afternoons I spent on the Arthur.

Was photographed on the back of the advertiser trying to get McGoldrick's shirt off his back.

:D

Failed :hmph:

Selhurst Celtic
05-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general

:lux:

I'll have a large portion of that mate.

smileysmith
05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Let's just raise the roof and intimidate the f*ck out of Watford in general :p Order taken, Sir, should be delivered around 12:15 on Saturday.

willsey
05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith
:p Order taken, Sir, should be delivered around 12:15 on Saturday.

lets start now....... e i e i e i o up the football league we go

Justy C
05-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MattR
There was certainly jeering of Johnson as he went off from the crowd which was moronic. But to paint yourself into some position of moral superiority by kidding yourself that any pro would celebrate putting an opponent on a stretcher is just silly.

Glad you acknowledge the actions of some of your fans. As for Foster, his timing of his "responding to chants from the Watford fans" as you put it was stupid. It's open to interpretation, and I know which way I read it at the time.

HIPEMENT
05-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Fair play to the watford keeper he done his job, and a bonus thing took out the star player, i dont hold a grudge

MattR
05-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by willsey
lets start now....... e i e i e i o up the football league we go

When we win promotion
This is what we'll sing
We've got Marlon...
We've got Marlon...
We've got Marlon King!

gjtango
05-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by MattR
When we win promotion
This is what we'll sing
We've got Marlon...
We've got Marlon...
We've got Marlon King!

What a sad remix to that song. Must try harder.

gjtango
05-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by willsey
lets start now....... e i e i e i o up the football league we go

That song will come back to haunt either side that sings it. Don't.

eagle mart
05-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't celebrate a goal either, it might bite us in the backside - in fact lets not bother turning up, in case that comes back to haunt us too. (Or has Jack Regan cornered that market?)

willsey
05-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by gjtango
That song will come back to haunt either side that sings it. Don't.

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
05-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Stick Sherwood in goal instead. He was such a nice chap.

Away Day Eagle
06-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Stick Sherwood in goal instead. He was such a nice chap.

:p

spotkick
06-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
A la Blackburn 89.

Thanks for the reminder, back to '89 and all that. The blackburn game is my favourite home game of all time - The Park was Rocking that day!

Leave the goalie alone, he will be busy picking the ball out the net:o

MattR
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by spotkick
Leave the goalie alone, he will be busy picking the ball out the net :o :D :D :D

Benzhiyi
06-05-2006, 05:44 PM
See Klinkx, this is why I should really ban you from the BBS forever.

All those in favour say "Fitz Hall is to football what Syed is to business."