PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to my first palace match tomorrow

chelmsfordeagle
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
With dowie as manager that is. Last match I went to was the 2-2 with west brom when the ref got knocked out. After that game I moved to Singapore and this is the first time I've had the chance to go to a match since then.

I'm looking forward to the train from london bridge to norwood junction when i'll eat a salt beef bagle. walking through the station onto the high street and seeing all the other palace fans. going through the ticket barrier and hearing the bloke shouting about buying the halftime draw tickets. a semi warm bottle of fosters. siiting down and reading my programme while saoking up the growing atomsphere. the buzz as the teams come out. the rush i get when palace score and the tired but satisfied feeling of getting home after a palace win.

big thanks to delboy who sorted me out a ticket.

John.K
05-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Excellent enjoy yourself, hope Palace deliver on the day! :D

Rasheed Harkouk
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll be on the train from Witham so i might see you, not that i know what you look like.

DDD
05-05-2006, 02:52 PM
At least someones going - judging by the other threads we'll be lucky to have 5 thousand :o ;)

rbarmy
05-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Good post - it's easy to forget the simple basic pleasures until you have missed them for a while - makes a change from some of the negative stuff you read on here - just hope you get that 'satisfied feeling of getting home after a palace win'!

chelmsfordeagle
05-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Rasheed Harkouk
I'll be on the train from Witham so i might see you, not that i know what you look like.

lucky for me its a working/holiday trip and my company have sorted me out a hotel at liverpool st so no great eastern trains for me.

Rasheed Harkouk
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Indeed, lucky you, i have to travel down from witham to London every day of the week.

chelmsfordeagle
05-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Rasheed Harkouk
Indeed, lucky you, i have to travel down from witham to London every day of the week.

I did chelmsford to Liv St everyday for 5 years and loved every minute of it..........:rolleyes:

got the train back from london last thursday when there was the 90 minute delay because of a sucide at Romford.

It's one of the main reasons why I'll probably never live in England again.

Rasheed Harkouk
05-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah, i got that one too and also the one on tuesday of this week with a death at Ingatestone.. 80 min delay there. Class :bash:
Still worth it to see the boys beat Watford 2-0 tomorrow.

Trilby
05-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Hope you get a good fisting.