PDA

View Full Version : Blame the ref thread

spunky
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Could have been so much different if the ref hadnt bottled the decision after 20 minutes and sent the watford player off for the foul on morrison when he was clean through on goal.

!!!

maestro
06-05-2006, 01:40 PM
blah, the ref was poor for both sides, we played shit and deserved to lose

palace_boy_luke
06-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Can someone start a blame (INSERT NAME HERE) thread?

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
yeh we were poor, but that was a easy, blatant, tie changing piece of shit decision!!!!!!!!!! some of the biggest games of the season, and we get allocated sh*t refs!! (not that the prem refs are ctually good!!)

i said yesterday that some c*nt ref would f*ck us int he arse. i didn't think it'd lead to a 3 goal deficit though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradpitt
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
The ref was a gimp, but we were *ucking *hit, we deserved to lose in that fashion

palace_boy_luke
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by daz_eagle
yeh we were poor, but that was a easy, blatant, tie changing piece of shit decision!!!!!!!!!! some of the biggest games of the season, and we get allocated sh*t refs!! (not that the prem refs are ctually good!!)

i said yesterday that some c*nt ref would f*ck us int he arse. i didn't think it'd lead to a 3 goal deficit though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you dodge bond with tourettes?

boxing francis
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Definately the refs fault :p :clown:

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by palace_boy_luke
Are you dodge bond with tourettes?

no, i'm just fed the f*ck up with spineless, clueless sh*thead f*ckwit cockend referees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

spunky
06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by boxing francis
Definately the refs fault :p :clown:

Im not saying it was entirely his fault, in the secont half we were aweful why do we panic and play long balls to players who are 5'7" tall? it doesnt work.

But with watford with 10 men the game would have been different

palace_boy_luke
06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
no, i'm just fed the f*ck up with spineless, clueless sh*thead f*ckwit cockend referees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

k, can't be bothered to argue.

Malakite
06-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by maestro
blah, the ref was poor for both sides, we played shit and deserved to lose Agree :(

Neil
I thought the ref was poor on the whole. He made mistakes for both sides.

palace_boy_luke
Out of interest, has anyone tried to referee?

spunky
06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Out of interest, has anyone tried to referee?

Nope but none of us claim to be professional refs, this bloke was incompatent end of storey

David Amsalem
06-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Not the refs fault we lost, but he was diabolical.

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 01:57 PM
k, can't be bothered to argue.

i don't see a argument?

do you think he did well???

dear lord.

PeterH
06-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Yep, it is the refs fault. We lost 0-3 at home to a team we have already beaten comfortably twice. Yep it is the c unt in black.

Feck me there are some spoons on here today.

spunky
06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Yep, it is the refs fault. We lost 0-3 at home to a team we have already beaten comfortably twice. Yep it is the c unt in black.

Feck me there are some spoons on here today.

i didnt say it was entirely the refs fault, read the thread before you start calling people spoons, i merely stated that the game would have been very different had the ref had some balls.

Talking of balls why did the prick make us slow the game down and get rid of all the balls round the ground?

bonzo
06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Not ref's fault, its Iain and Neil's!!!!!

Brummie Allan
06-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by spunky
i didnt say it was entirely the refs fault, read the thread before you start calling people spoons, i merely stated that the game would have been very different had the ref had some balls.

Talking of balls why did the prick make us slow the game down and get rid of all the balls round the ground?

Twice the crowd threw the ball back on the pitch after the ballboy had given another ball to the player and he was worried he would not know which ball to watch:bash: :bash:

kolinkins
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I knoe 2nd half we were rubbish, but from the first whistle, the ref was a Watford player, and had he done his job properly, Watford would have had 10 men for an hoiur of the game. Disgusting performance from the ref (as well as our players second half)

Ruskin Old Boy
06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Agreed; his yellow shirt was particularly apt

John.K
Blah Blah Blah absolutely irrelevant the blame lies with the management and players of this club nobody else. He did not cause an embrassing 2nd half performance the worst in a long long time. Shit does not quite sum it up

kolinkins
Originally posted by John.K
Blah Blah Blah absolutely irrelevant the blame lies with the management and players of this club nobody else. He did not cause an embrassing 2nd half performance the worst in a long long time. Shit does not quite sum it up

Had he done his job, we'd have not needed a great 2nd half performance

BW_Palace
He was crap but so was our team.

PengeEagle
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Ref was a joke, but so were we.

John.K
06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins

Irrelevant

selhurstparkflyer
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
mmm, the 'sending off' was technically a sending off- Morrison was clear on goal and the Watford defender pulled him back.

Watford then went on to the win the game by taking one man out of attack and putting an extra man in midfield, which is why Palace (who, shamefully had no response) resorted to hoof ball.

Had the Watford player been sent off (I reckon in reality, it was a 50/50 call as Clint was so far out), it would not have been able to change its tactics in that way.

LSEagle
06-05-2006, 03:56 PM
By the letter of the law the defender should have gone

Mal Adjusted
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Irrelevant

No - it's not irrelevant. The gap between success and failure is often a small one, and I think that any other referee would almost certainly have had Watford down to 10 men. It was a disgraceful decision and overall an awful display.

We were terrible in the second half, but we were against 12 men

Chief Brody
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins

Had Dowie and the players done THEIR jobs as they have failed to do for most of the season we wouldn't need a pathetic thread blaming the referee.

John.K
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted
No - it's not irrelevant. The gap between success and failure is often a small one, and I think that any other referee would almost certainly have had Watford down to 10 men. It was a disgraceful decision and overall an awful display.

We were terrible in the second half, but we were against 12 men

You cannot blame the referee for our performance second half. Popovic did a blatant handball in the first half which went unpunished. Some decisions go for you some do not. I am not denying it wasn't a straight red but what was to blame for our loss today was the team not the ref

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Irrelevant

how the is a non-decision on a red card offense at 0-0 irrelevant?!! do you know what words mean??? ridiculous.

SpikeyMatt
06-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I'd rather we blamed our team today rather than clutched at straws and blame the referee.

The referee wasn't great, but I'd be far more concerned with our side's performance rather than that of the referee.

John.K
06-05-2006, 04:33 PM
how the is a non-decision on a red card offense at 0-0 irrelevant?!! do you know what words mean??? ridiculous.

Yup I do it didn't cause us to lose 3-0, don't be silly. The team was at fault not the referee

Clapham Grand
06-05-2006, 04:36 PM
The foul on Clinton was a red card

Nevertheless we were drubbed by a better team

Godstone Eagle
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SpikeyMatt
I'd rather we blamed our team today rather than clutched at straws and blame the referee.

The referee wasn't great, but I'd be far more concerned with our side's performance rather than that of the referee.

Totally agree.... people are clutching at straws trying to blame the referee...our 2nd half performance was dire...no commitment, no passion..a total disgrace:veryangry :veryangry

What?
06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
The Ref was probably watfords best player.

I dont think Watford were that great, they would have been even worse with 10 men.

Melfort Eagle
06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
The ref was very poor, but is what I have come to expect. It is the standard now.
From what I could see, only the linos were getting decisions right.

But I dont blame them for losing. It was our fault we lost.

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Yup I do it didn't cause us to lose 3-0, don't be silly.

oh no! it's basic chaos theory, basic cause & effect. and i'm being silly?...

:bash:

things don't happen in a vacuum!! one easy decision would've had a major influence on the result. that's not to say we weren't poor.

Duffle Coat
06-05-2006, 05:12 PM
He was a very poor ref. That decision on Clint was very defining. He was through and should have scored, sending off at the very least. Decisions like that turn games. It turned our match.

What?
06-05-2006, 05:13 PM
The Butterfly Effect init.

John.K
06-05-2006, 05:13 PM
oh no! it's basic chaos theory, basic cause & effect. and i'm being silly?...

:bash:

things don't happen in a vacuum!! one easy decision would've had a major influence on the result. that's not to say we weren't poor.

If the players let that effect their performance I am worried. There should be no cause and effect from such a decision sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. It did not change the game, we couldn't beat them with 11 men is simple. If it had been a Leedsesque incident with the ball over the line then perhaps I would feel a little more annoyed but it should have had no bearing on the result.

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by What?
The Butterfly Effect init.

:D

profound.

he's right though!!

daz_eagle
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
If the players let that effect their performance I am worried. There should be no cause and effect from such a decision sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. It did not change the game, we couldn't beat them with 11 men is simple. If it had been a Leedsesque incident with the ball over the line then perhaps I would feel a little more annoyed but it should have had no bearing on the result.

i find this astounding.

the fact that HE DID NOT GIVE THE CORRECT DECISION affected the course of the game. IT'S INDISPUTABLE!

the attitude and performance of the players after the bad decision is a different matter.

the point is, that sh*t piece of refereeing cost us, at least in the number of players they had on the pitch thereafter.

you think we played sh*t. we get that!!! that's not the specific point here!!!

Gooders
07-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand

Can someone explain exactly what happened as we couldn't see from the Whitehorse End. Was this the incident when there was a huge roar of injustice from the Holmesdale end? If Morrison was pulled back, did the guy even get booked - did we get a free-kick? (I don't remember one, but that would probably be because we made nothing of it).

I don't know who the referee was but he loooked very young, very inexperienced and very nervous to me from the first minute.

The other decision I'd like explained was Popovic's booking. From what I could see he went up for a header with his eyes on the ball the whole time, the Watford keeper came for it and knocked him over and Watford were given a free-kick and Popovic booked. Why?

917L
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
Can someone explain exactly what happened as we couldn't see from the Whitehorse End. Was this the incident when there was a huge roar of injustice from the Holmesdale end? If Morrison was pulled back, did the guy even get booked - did we get a free-kick? (I don't remember one, but that would probably be because we made nothing of it).

Clinton got past the last defender about 10 yards into their half, the keeper was fling out of his area and never had a prayer of getting anywher near the ball before Clinton, who appeared to be almost wrestled to the floor (he nearly had his shirt ripped off) the ref actually put his whistle to his lips but but then appeared to realise he would need to red card the Wwatford player(rightly) and just played on :( At leat 4 Palace players went to the ref as soon as the ball went dead to no avail, Clinton approached the ref countless other times including at the kick off after H/T. It was a scandalous piece of refereeing.

Poppo went up with the keeper and collide with his arm from what I saw, the keeper got straight up and did nothing but thereaction from acouple of the other Watford players made the ref decide to book Poppo

congress
07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Dave Bassett actually said that the referee looked nervous before the game.The Premiership is all done and dusted, why they didnt draw in a couple of referees from the Premiership I do not know.

Having said that, it was a shocking display from Palace in the second half.

Gooders
07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 917L
Clinton got past the last defender about 10 yards into their half, the keeper was fling out of his area and never had a prayer of getting anywher near the ball before Clinton, who appeared to be almost wrestled to the floor (he nearly had his shirt ripped off) the ref actually put his whistle to his lips but but then appeared to realise he would need to red card the Wwatford player(rightly) and just played on :( At leat 4 Palace players went to the ref as soon as the ball went dead to no avail, Clinton approached the ref countless other times including at the kick off after H/T. It was a scandalous piece of refereeing.

That was what I thought had happened with my obscured view. Stunning ineptitude from a very, very weak referee.

Doesn't excuse what happened later, but of course a half-time lead would have changed the complexion of the game completely.

kolinkins
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand

as far as I am concerned, we were only out played in the 2nd half, which in itself would have been irrelevant had the ref done his job in the first half. I dont normally blame refs, but we were robbed yesterday. There was also a blatent handball at 1-1 which he and lino missed.

John.K
07-05-2006, 08:34 AM
i find this astounding.

the fact that HE DID NOT GIVE THE CORRECT DECISION affected the course of the game. IT'S INDISPUTABLE!

the attitude and performance of the players after the bad decision is a different matter.

the point is, that sh*t piece of refereeing cost us, at least in the number of players they had on the pitch thereafter.

you think we played sh*t. we get that!!! that's not the specific point here!!!

Whats the point of clutching at straws? The referee is not to blame but the Palace players for their performance in the second half. We all know the standard of referees is poor so whats the point in harking on about it. I refuse to blame the referee at all for yesterday, on another day you may have got the decision but the point is we didn't and in no way should that have changed the game.

hakers
07-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 917L

Poppo went up with the keeper and collide with his arm from what I saw, the keeper got straight up and did nothing but thereaction from acouple of the other Watford players made the ref decide to book Poppo

It was such a poor decision and a right decision by the ref would have of course changed the game, we may not have won, it may have been the same result but it would have changed the game, anyone one that thinks not is just plain stupid. And i mean change the game as Watford would have been reduced to 10 men, which would have lead to a change in formation (one less at the back, one less up front etc) and in all likelyhood a change in tactics as well, they may have then sat back etc. I've no doubt the better team won on the day, but the ref making the correct decision would have changed the game at that point and then who know what may have happened.

Poppo lead with his elbow and was rightly booked IMO, although i think the ref would not have done anything had the Watford fellow not had a word. This was after seeing a slow mo replay as at first i thought it was a nothing challenge.

st albans
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
only ourselves to blame

hakers
07-05-2006, 10:11 AM
And i also dont think (well more hope!) that the ref making a bad decision affected the team, it certainly shouldn't do. More a case of Dowies half time team talk!

hakers
07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by st albans
only ourselves to blame

Without doubt, football should be 11 vs 11 and we failed big time. I was just pointing out that the ref making the correct decision would have changed the game, they may only have won 2-0!! However he didn't and we still lost. We should have been able to beat them 11 vs 11, we cant go in games hoping that one of the oppostion players gets sent off in order to beat teams.

Still we'll beat them 4-0 at their place! If they can come here and win 3-0, no reason why we cant go there. No matter what they say they will be thinking that they are already through, and that they only have to stroll through the next game. One goal from us and you watch the nerves creep in.

Melfort Eagle
07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I read somewhere that the ref has ref'd a watford game before, and gave several red cards..
maybe his performance was to make up for it?

LSEagle
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
The decision was scandalous but it cannot be blamed for our second half performance, which was truly dismal.

howard
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by spunky
Could have been so much different if the ref hadnt bottled the decision after 20 minutes and sent the watford player off for the foul on morrison when he was clean through on goal.

!!!

I agree he bottled that decision, he knew that if he gave even a free kick, he would have to send the player off however, he also bottled it in the 2nd half when Watson went in with that two footed lunge.

Yes, he was poor & seemed to be wearing a yellow shirt for most of the game however, the bottom line is, we are just not good enough, nor have we been since McDonald came to the club.

West Dorset Exi
07-05-2006, 10:30 AM
i have watched Yeovil this season, and I can honestly say we have not had a decent referee this season. The League need to do something about it?

mik59
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
T'was my fault - I wore the wrong socks. Sorry.

Chester 76
07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Whats the point of clutching at straws? The referee is not to blame but the Palace players for their performance in the second half. We all know the standard of referees is poor so whats the point in harking on about it. I refuse to blame the referee at all for yesterday, on another day you may have got the decision but the point is we didn't and in no way should that have changed the game.
To an extent I agree but if the referee had sent Demerit off, Watford would have been down to ten for over an hour.Boothroyd would have had to reorganise his side, probably by substituting Henderson for a defender. Immediately this would have meant that Boothroyd couldn`t make the tactical substitution, that he made at half time which resulted in Palace being overrun in midfield & considered by many to be the defining moment.
The referee for yesterday was I believe the same referee who officiated the Leeds v Watford game earlier in the season.In which Watford had two players sent off & Leeds were awarded a controversial penalty.