PDA

View Full Version : Play the Kids on Tuesday

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Maybe some of them will run there hearts out for Crystal Palace Football Club.

crystal essex
06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
We did today...oh sorry they just played like kids.

eagles_1986
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
:D :( :sob:

pete eagle
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Play mostly the same team with a rocket up their arses. They caused the problem, they go out and sort it out.

Billyd
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
they cant do any worse than about 8 or 9 of our players.

kiarly - out
boyce - in
ward - was shocking today but i know he can play so maybe in just
popovic - out, king took him apart
hall - if he plays keep him at full back not centre back
soares - out
hughes - out
watson - out
mcanuff - in, only on his first half performance
johnson - - same for mcanuff
morrison - in, only because macken and freedman arent any better

basically bring a few youngesters in the midfield we were completely taken apart in there today.

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Tell you what a couple of YTS lads on 100 a week would run there heart out for this football club, I bet you could see what playing for Palace means to them.

Bill come Acadmay, Il get some shots in, were forget about it all.

Billyd
06-05-2006, 03:09 PM
il think about it mate i need cheering up, il let you know if im coming.

surely ryan hall, grabban etc should be given a chance tuesday we have nothing to lose

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Billyd
il think about it mate i need cheering up, il let you know if im coming.

surely ryan hall, grabban etc should be given a chance tuesday we have nothing to lose

Good Lad, Il give you a txt when Im back in Soton.

Whos the lad at Vale, Togwell give him a game.

bonzo
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Play them all, Why not and prob be better than the shit we watched today.

Gobsy88
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
No - let the same team go out and get us out of/struggle in the mess that they created.

AJ8
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
play Victor Moses, he averages 26 goals a game... :)

macstar
06-05-2006, 03:15 PM
play togwell maybe.

tasty_snacks
06-05-2006, 03:35 PM
i'm sorry, but this is silly. why should we play the kids? to state the obvious, they aren't as good as the first teamers. put me on the pitch and i'll put my heart and soul into it, but i won't win you a game.

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by tasty_snacks
i'm sorry, but this is silly. why should we play the kids? to state the obvious, they aren't as good as the first teamers. put me on the pitch and i'll put my heart and soul into it, but i won't win you a game.

We wont win the game anyway.

I just want some players that when they pull on the Red n Blue they try there all, and that playing for CPFC means something to them.

tasty_snacks
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
I just want some players that when they pull on the Red n Blue they try there all, and that playing for CPFC means something to them.

i can understand your frustration, really i can. but we are not in a situation where a team of battlers giving their all is what is needed. we had that a few years ago under coppell when the club was fighting for its very existence, we had it last year under dowie when we were scrapping against relegation. but brave souls and workhorses do not win play-off matches from 3-0 down. we need a bit of flair, a bit of inspiration, and a bit of brilliance if we are to stand any chance at all. and believe me sir, there is always a chance.

homer j simpson
06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
if the transfer window opens on monday we can sell AJ to Everton for 6m and buy 11 new players in time for 2nd leg

this im affraid is the only way we can win

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 03:48 PM
i can understand your frustration, really i can. but we are not in a situation where a team of battlers giving their all is what is needed. we had that a few years ago under coppell when the club was fighting for its very existence, we had it last year under dowie when we were scrapping against relegation. but brave souls and workhorses do not win play-off matches from 3-0 down. we need a bit of flair, a bit of inspiration, and a bit of brilliance if we are to stand any chance at all. and believe me sir, there is always a chance. #

The players bottled today like they have bottled it all season.

We are not going to get 4 goals at Watford, play some people that care about the club.

WorthingEagle
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by homer j simpson
if the transfer window opens on monday we can sell AJ to Everton for 6m and buy 11 new players in time for 2nd leg

this im affraid is the only way we can win

It's an idea :D

Zareba2003
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Play exactly the same team. We have next to no hope but I want to see that exact same team show me they care. I don't care if we lose, I don't care if we don't score. I just want to see a performance to make me proud to be a Palace fan.

tasty_snacks
06-05-2006, 03:55 PM
The players bottled today like they have bottled it all season.

We are not going to get 4 goals at Watford, play some people that care about the club.

good idea. let's get thrashed in a blaze of glory. let's play people that 'care.'

how exactly does being a youth equate to caring? the only thing it may give is extra enthusiam. as i said above, enthusiasm alone will not win a match.

MATTY THE EAGLE
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
good idea. let's get thrashed in a blaze of glory. let's play people that 'care.'

how exactly does being a youth equate to caring? the only thing it may give is extra enthusiam. as i said above, enthusiasm alone will not win a match.

Were going to lose anyway, the players who played today with the exception of Boyce today do not deserve to pull on the red n blue

Stonewall
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by AJ8
play Victor Moses, he averages 26 goals a game... :) He would be lost playing in the 1/st team at the moment, he need a couple of years more yet.

tasty_snacks
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Were going to lose anyway, the players who played today with the exception of Boyce today do not deserve to pull on the red n blue

your negativity is uncalled for. we've beaten them twice already this year, i honestly think we'll make it a third on tuesday. and finishing in the top six isn't bad in a league of 24. that warrants worth to me!

have a beer, cheer up, and remember that it isn't yet over. ;)

GreatGonzo
06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 you know they are going to play 4-5-1!

Chester 76
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
It`s tempting to give players first team experience but I think it is more important to regain respect & win the game. Several changes need to be made but the bulk of today`s side should remain.

Gabors_God
06-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Think realisticly they're not going to put kids out FACT.

Seanee Pawnee
06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Zareba2003
Play exactly the same team. We have next to no hope but I want to see that exact same team show me they care. I don't care if we lose, I don't care if we don't score. I just want to see a performance to make me proud to be a Palace fan.

Been a longtime since that happened.
Sunderland away leg semi 2004?