PDA

View Full Version : Palace loan Iain Turner

Pages : [1] 2

jhc
16-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Ian Turner is coming on a month's loan from Everton and will be starting against Barnsley.
The 22 year old is very highly thought of at Goodison and they want him to gain some first team experience. Unlikely to lead to a permanent move.

davematt
16-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Really? If this is the case, then wow, he have actually loaned someone again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lux: :lux: :lux:

macstar
16-11-2006, 11:19 AM
? sauce?

macstar
16-11-2006, 11:21 AM
why are we doing this?

whats wrong with Speroni?
Why buy Flinders?

palace, palace, deary me.

ZOHAR
16-11-2006, 11:21 AM
3 different keepers starting the last 3 matches??

Ok, PT really REALLY has lost the plot!

eagle mart
16-11-2006, 11:22 AM
well, if we have a decent keeper, looks like 0-0 is on the cards for saturday. At last, we've turned a corner.

jhc
16-11-2006, 11:25 AM
signing confirmed by PT this morning.
this is not a rumour this is fact, and he will start saturday's game.

Dario
16-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Great - now officially a feeder club for Prem teams :(

eagles #1
16-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Very strange decision. We already have 3 competent goalkeepers at the club, so we go and loan another?

What about the pacey striker? The pacey right midfielder? The pacey centre back? Deary me.

ZOHAR
Ian Turner or Ian Walker? WTF is going on??

smileysmith
Good stuff, Flinders isn't ready, and Gabor doesn't care.

Speroni is obviously not rated ...

Tomo
16-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Hahaha some of our fans our so embarrassing. Moan moan moan, no loan signings, Kiraly is not good enough, Flinders in, Flinders out in out in out shake it all about. New keeper, why? Jeez grow up people.

jhc
16-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ZOHAR
Ian Turner or Ian Walker? WTF is going on??

Ian Turner

Voldo
16-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Is anybody else worried about this?

so the big IFs...

IF gabor doesn't care and wants out, we sell him in January (if anyone comes in this time) PT obviously thinks Flinders needs time and as for Speroni, he clearly doesnt rate him..so

with all that said, what happens when this loan ends?

macstar
16-11-2006, 11:39 AM
how about a new right back and some pacey wingers??

Boyandy
16-11-2006, 11:40 AM
It's another Iain!

If true he'll be the first Scottish goalkeeper we've had since Wood.

smileysmith
16-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by macstar
how about a new right back and some pacey wingers?? Mmm, and an International striker, and while we're at it, why can't we buy Makelele?

That Micah Richards looked good - lets get him.

davematt
Turner is VERY highly rated I might add. Been touted as a future England No 1, but then again, so has Flinders :hmph:

paulhgc2002
Originally posted by macstar
? sauce?

tomato or brown ?

lol oh you mean source

PALACEWU
16-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
It's another Iain!

If true he'll be the first Scottish goalkeeper we've had since i got Wood.

:D

FORZA SELHURST
16-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by davematt
Turner is VERY highly rated I might add. Been touted as a future England No 1, but then again, so has Flinders :hmph:

I wouldn't be sure about those appraisals given he's scottish.

Ruskin Old Boy
16-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Good grief.

A new keeper is the least of our needs (unless he can play in midfield ).

jobiinthelastmi
16-11-2006, 11:47 AM
A Scottish player from Everton? are you sure? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Gabor is looking really dodgey, but we do need a winger and a pacey striker above a goalkeeper :eek:

FORZA SELHURST
16-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Quite a bit of info on Everton's site :

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html?player_id=35

Iain Turner

Highly rated young goalkeeper Iain Turner arrived at Goodison in January 2003 in a £50,000 deal from Stirling Albion.

Coveted by a number of Premiership clubs including Tottenham and Charlton after impressing for the Scottish Division Three side, David Moyes swooped to sign Iain after he did well during a three-day trial.

Capped at Under-16 and Under-18 level by Scotland, Iain has also become a regular in the Scotland Under-21 squad.

He has impressed since arriving at Everton and made his debut as a second half substitute in the 3-0 friendly win over Bologna in August 2003.

A loan-spell at Chester City during the 2003/04 season gave the young Scot some valuable experience.

In June 2005 David Moyes showed he fully expects that Iain can be an Everton goalie of the future when he was given a contract to keep him at the club until 2009.

A further loan spell at Wycombe followed early in the 2005/06 season. The keeper made his Everton debut as a late replacement for the injured Richard Wright in a 4-1 FA Cup fourth round defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in February 2006.

His Premiership debut came just three days later at Goodison against Blackburn but the young Scot lasted only eight minutes before being red-carded for handling the ball outside the penalty area.

His next first team opportunity came on the final day of the season, stepping in for the injured Richard Wright and playing 90 minutes of the club's 2-2 draw against West Bromwich Albion.

Tim
16-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Voldo
Is anybody else worried about this?

so the big IFs...

IF gabor doesn't care and wants out, we sell him in January (if anyone comes in this time) PT obviously thinks Flinders needs time and as for Speroni, he clearly doesnt rate him..so

with all that said, what happens when this loan ends?

Then its January & we can buy a new Keeper!

Kirby
16-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by FORZA SELHURST

LOL :D

We do always seem to sign players in positions we're not short in, but I've heard/seen good things of Turner so I'm looking forward to seeing him play :p

jhc
16-11-2006, 11:52 AM

Not sure about that. Turner is a SCOTTISH U21 international

Absolution
16-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jhc
Not sure about that. Turner is a SCOTTISH U21 international :lux:

Leif Andersen
16-11-2006, 12:01 PM
surely this is another admission that the 1 million spent on flinders was wasted money.:bash: :bash: :bash:

how one earth can anyone sign a player for 1 million, then loan them out, then not play them, then play them once, then bring in another young keeper on loan (who's not even in their first team)

this club is really going in the wrong direction!!!!!

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

GrayP41ace

Bloody Football Manager ;)

Latvian Eagle
He seems to be a sturdy keeper.

He was the lad who got sent off 9 minutes into his debut last season, or the season before, I can't remember which.

Speroni is injured isn't he?! Flinders is obviously not ready, and perhaps as has been mentioned Kiraly has a clause in his contract which means he gets a bonus at 100 apps, he's now on 97 I think.

Either that or one of FLinders or Kiraly or even both have picked up knocks. :confused:

Leif Andersen
16-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
LOL :D

We do always seem to sign players in positions we're not short in, but I've heard/seen good things of Turner so I'm looking forward to seeing him play :p

we all heard 'good things' about flinders too prior to his signing

macstar
16-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
tomato or brown ?

lol oh you mean source

i fancy a bacon sandwich now!

FORZA SELHURST
16-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
He seems to be a sturdy keeper.

He was the lad who got sent off 9 minutes into his debut last season, or the season before, I can't remember which.

Speroni is injured isn't he?! Flinders is obviously not ready, and perhaps as has been mentioned Kiraly has a clause in his contract which means he gets a bonus at 100 apps, he's now on 97 I think.

Either that or one of FLinders or Kiraly or even both have picked up knocks. :confused:

Believe Speroni is injured and if what you say about Kiraly is true then we probably do need another keeper for a while. Maybe Gabor will be doing the frank bough in January.

Given those criteria Taylor wouldn't be 'losing the plot' but making a good and sensible move. I'm sure they have their reasons in any case.

limited_edition
16-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Leif Andersen
surely this is another admission that the 1 million spent on flinders was wasted money.:bash: :bash: :bash:

how one earth can anyone sign a player for 1 million, then loan them out, then not play them, then play them once, then bring in another young keeper on loan (who's not even in their first team)

this club is really going in the wrong direction!!!!!

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: Can't do poor Scott's confidence any good. He was very unlucky to be blooded into a side with a shite defence going into 2 very tricky away games against form teams. Gabor didn't exactly cover himself in glory v Stoke for their goal.

Good sign that we are trying to loan people for a change. I suppose a pacy defender (Hoyte, now Eboue is back fit ?) and a pacy winger from somewhere would be a bit much to ask for on loan ?

macstar
16-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Mmm, and an International striker, and while we're at it, why can't we buy Makelele?

That Micah Richards looked good - lets get him.

what im saying is...weve basically got problems going forward aswell. why not sign an attacking player.

st albans
16-11-2006, 12:18 PM
still no official news

st albans
16-11-2006, 12:22 PM
speaking to my everton mate. richard wright played last night for their reserves instead of turner which was supposedly a bit strange

davematt
16-11-2006, 12:24 PM

Oops. I am getting mixed up with the young keeper they signed from Cambridge :D

RDSdaEAGLE
16-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Oops. I am getting mixed up with the young keeper they signed from Cambridge :D

John Ruddy (I think).

Webb
16-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Wasn't it Turner who played in the FA Cup for Everton against Chelsea last season after Richard Wright injured himself in the warm up, tripping over a sing saying 'Do Not Play In The Goalmouth?'

Seemed to do alright, if I remember rightly.

pooch
16-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Drop him after one game / he is shit / he is too young / should keep gabor

delete as appropriate

AlgotTheEagle
16-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Is he over the line yet ;)

Gazpacho
16-11-2006, 12:43 PM
It may or not be over the line - possibly several times - on Saturday

maxpower
16-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Well how has it been confirmed by taylor this morning when there is no sources telling us this? When really we need another striker and right back on loan

Marshy
16-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Just spoken to a couple of Everton season ticket holders - he is highly rated and if they hadnt signed Tim Howard would be no.1 there - obviously only coming to us for the experience (god help him!)

Absolution
16-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
Well how has it been confirmed by taylor this morning when there is no sources telling us this? When really we need another striker and right back on loan If only we could get Justin Hoyte (living in dreamland here)

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Speroni is obviously not rated ...

I'd go with Speroni is injured ;) (not saying he is rated though)

Kevan Woz Awful
16-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Seems a sensible move to me.

We have been very disorganised at the back and Gabor seems increasingly unable (unwilling?) to put that right. Last week against Stoke he appeared to be carrying an injury and the absence of his stretching exercises during the game supports this theory.

Flinders was thrown into two games prematurely and conceding 4 against QPR will not have done his confidence any good at all. The last thing he needs at this stage is the wonderfully supportive Palace (New Spurs?) crowd on his back during an 8 match without a win run.

Speroni is injured I understand.

But hey lets use the loan of a decent goalkeeper to smack another load of crap PT's way.

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Marshy
obviously only coming to us for the experience (god help him!)

Lets be honest if you want you keeper to get lots of experience in a short space of time, there are few better places to send him right now! ;)

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Lets be honest if you want you keeper to get lots of experience in a short space of time, there are few better places to send him right now! ;)

PMSL

jhc
16-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
Well how has it been confirmed by taylor this morning when there is no sources telling us this? When really we need another striker and right back on loan

Taylor's press conference this morning - I can confirm

davematt
16-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
John Ruddy (I think).

Thats the one! He is also very highly rated along with Turner.

Tim
16-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Seems a sensible move to me.

We have been very disorganised at the back and Gabor seems increasingly unable (unwilling?) to put that right. Last week against Stoke he appeared to be carrying an injury and the absence of his stretching exercises during the game supports this theory.

Flinders was thrown into two games prematurely and conceding 4 against QPR will not have done his confidence any good at all. The last thing he needs at this stage is the wonderfully supportive Palace (New Spurs?) crowd on his back during an 8 match without a win run.

Speroni is injured I understand.

But hey lets use the loan of a decent goalkeeper to smack another load of crap PT's way.

How the f@ck are we the new spurs mate? I take it your one of these people who does`nt care if we lose or get relegated!

I cant get behind a failing manager because replacing him is whats best for the club!

Tomo
16-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tim
How the f@ck are we the new spurs mate? I take it your one of these people who does`nt care if we lose or get relegated!

I cant get behind a failing manager because replacing him is whats best for the club! Believe me, the way some of our fans our behaving is getting embarrassing. And getting rid of Taylor now is not what is best for the club.

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I think this signals that Gabor is off, with this loan move maybe a possible deal after the initail loan spell, seeing as we let them have AJ, maybe there doing us a favour......

I think this means that Flinders is not going to be in th plans for a long time yet, and that Speroni will be out, as cleary he is not a good 'keeper, (three goals against Millwall reserves isn't good) still hasn't been confirmed yet though so I reckon it's aload of bolocks...

arussell
16-11-2006, 01:18 PM

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Racist prick. :rolleyes: :veryangry

:D :p

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tomo
Believe me, the way some of our fans our behaving is getting embarrassing. And getting rid of Taylor now is not what is best for the club.

I disagree we are only 2 points better off than Kember was when he was sacked and 1 point better off after 17 games of both seasons. There are very valid arguments for saying Taylor needs to go, and i do not think you can criticise those who think that.

MikeyDread
16-11-2006, 01:24 PM
More interested in Palace signing a new manager ... please :)

Leif Andersen
16-11-2006, 01:28 PM
This really does put the Flinders transfer fee into persective and show how much the club were shafted in the immediate 'post AJ transfer' period

Everton signed Turner for 50k last year, we sign Flinders for 950k this year

MAybe Flinders does have some potential (yet to be seen), but can a Championship club really justify spending the same amount on an unproven keeper as they did on Nigel Martyn!? I don't think so

Clapham Grand
16-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Strange signing - but highly rated by Everton

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Any conformation in text that he has actually signed?

jhc
16-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by palace nut 1
Any conformation in text that he has actually signed?

How many times do I have to confirm his?

PT announced it in his press conference this morning.

He will be starting on saturday but his one month loan is highly unlikely to lead to a permanent deal.

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Leif Andersen
This really does put the Flinders transfer fee into persective and show how much the club were shafted in the immediate 'post AJ transfer' period

Everton signed Turner for 50k last year, we sign Flinders for 950k this year

MAybe Flinders does have some potential (yet to be seen), but can a Championship club really justify spending the same amount on an unproven keeper as they did on Nigel Martyn!? I don't think so

How much have we PAID for Flinders? I very much doubt it is £950k, that may be the total value of the deal but i seriously doubt we have paid all that up front for a 19 year old keeper with next to no experience. Everton bought a Scottish Division 3 player (standard lower than conference) Their gates are less than 500 a game, put that into the context of a a £50k fee, and there might be more to follow based on what he achieves!

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2006, 01:45 PM
How much have we PAID for Flinders? I very much doubt it is £950k, that may be the total value of the deal but i seriously doubt we have paid all that up front for a 19 year old keeper with next to no experience. Everton bought a Scottish Division 3 player (standard lower than conference) Their gates are less than 500 a game, put that into the context of a a £50k fee, and there might be more to follow based on what he achieves!

GG

You are talking sense - please note that this is against forum rules (particulary in this section) ;) :D :p

Lies only - thanks in advance

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by jhc
How many times do I have to confirm his?

PT announced it in his press conference this morning.

He will be starting on saturday but his one month loan is highly unlikely to lead to a permanent deal.

If this was the case i'd think it'd be on the homepage! :bash:

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 01:50 PM
There was no press conference this morning.

jhc
16-11-2006, 01:52 PM
If this was the case i'd think it'd be on the homepage! :bash:

Wait for it, I'm sure it will be on there soon!

Cleon
16-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Like we need a ••••••• goalkeeper.

Loan some ••••••• wingers or strikers with pace FFS

jhc
16-11-2006, 01:53 PM
There was no press conference this morning.

Yes there was!

st albans
16-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by jhc
Yes there was!

IF there was a press conference and it was announced that we'd signed him on loan then why has it not been officially released?

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Like we need a ••••••• goalkeeper.

Loan some ••••••• wingers or strikers with pace FFS

We can't play Gabor.

Speroni is injured

Flinders is 19 and getting stick after 2 games.

I think we do need a keeper, PT has ruled out loaning outfield players so it is a keeper or nothing!

LeeH
16-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Firstly, one thing I dont understand is how would we even be allowed to loan a goalkeeper? Just because Kiraly is about to hit some amount of games that means we have to pay him more cash and Flinders isnt the GK that Pt thought he was, why would we be allowed to loan somebody as an 'emergency' ? I did notice a story elsewhere saying that Palace were in for Pollitt from Wigan but he decided on Ipswich, so we are definitely in the market for a loan GK but that must indicate that something has happened with our own players.

(that story I mentioned about Pollitt is here - http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8429484)

Secondly, nothing on our sites, on Everton's sites, or anywhere else. Doesnt add up to me, unless PT has jumped the gun and announced something that shouldnt have been mentioned

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jhc
Yes there was!

Erm, why would there be a random press conference at thursday morning naming a goal-keeper that has supposedly signed, the press conference wouldn't be in the morning due to training, also, Palace World would be advertising it, and, something would be on the homepage.

Personally I think your chatting shit tbh.

jhc
16-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by st albans
IF there was a press conference and it was announced that we'd signed him on loan then why has it not been officially released?

I can't answer why it hasn't been released yet, but I can assure you that it's true.

Quite honestly, no one seems to believe me, I don't know why I bothered!!!

eagle mart
16-11-2006, 02:13 PM
AJ obviously put in a recommendation. He said Palace fans will worship a player who dives about a bit. ;)

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by LeeH
Firstly, one thing I dont understand is how would we even be allowed to loan a goalkeeper? Just because Kiraly is about to hit some amount of games that means we have to pay him more cash and Flinders isnt the GK that Pt thought he was, why would we be allowed to loan somebody as an 'emergency' ? I did notice a story elsewhere saying that Palace were in for Pollitt from Wigan but he decided on Ipswich, so we are definitely in the market for a loan GK but that must indicate that something has happened with our own players.

(that story I mentioned about Pollitt is here - http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8429484)

Secondly, nothing on our sites, on Everton's sites, or anywhere else. Doesnt add up to me, unless PT has jumped the gun and announced something that shouldnt have been mentioned

No emergency about it, anyone can get any loan in that they wish. The FA didn't want to tie the UEFA or FIFA line and used the emergency as a loop hole. Don't think any club has been refused a loan.

jhc
16-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Erm, why would there be a random press conference at thursday morning naming a goal-keeper that has supposedly signed, the press conference wouldn't be in the morning due to training, also, Palace World would be advertising it, and, something would be on the homepage.

No need to be offensive!
It wasn't a random press conference. PT holds one before every saturday game. He does it before training. It was mentioned as part of press conference ahead of the Barnsley game not exclusively to announce it.

LeeH
16-11-2006, 02:16 PM
No emergency about it, anyone can get any loan in that they wish. The FA didn't want to tie the UEFA or FIFA line and used the emergency as a loop hole. Don't think any club has been refused a loan.
Cheers GG, I didnt know that. :p

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:16 PM

In which case if he signs i am sure you will be apologising!

Someone posts information they have, it is up to you whether you believe them or not but giving someone grief for it means they will not do it again, if they do know what they are talking about that is a bad thing!

sydnsteve
16-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Nothing on the BBC, or any other site.

palace nut 1
16-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jhc
No need to be offensive!
It wasn't a random press conference. PT holds one before every saturday game. He does it before training. It was mentioned as part of press conference ahead of the Barnsley game not exclusively to announce it.

Obviousley it's good that you have posted some news and i'm sorry if you took that offensivley, just my opinion, oh and yeah, Taylor holds these press confrences on the friday by the way.

sydnsteve
16-11-2006, 02:23 PM
If it is true it would not surprise me. What on earth is wrong with playing Gabor I have no idea. It must be the biggest bonus in the world if it is worth getting sucked into a relegation dogfight.

jhc
16-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Obviousley it's good that you have posted some news and i'm sorry if you took that offensivley, just my opinion, oh and yeah, Taylor holds these press confrences on the friday by the way.

OK I give up.
I wont bother posting a new thread again - too much grief!

BTW I've never known PT to hold a press conference on a friday ahead of a saturday game. It's too late for press deadlines, ask anyone!

sydnsteve
16-11-2006, 02:28 PM
jhc, don't get upset! You have to admit that it is odd that you say it has been announced but there is no trace of it anywhere?

Mad Max
16-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jhc
OK I give up.
I wont bother posting a new thread again - too much grief! I shouldn`t worry mate I`ve seen so much abuse hurled around on the BBS it bemuses me we alegedly all support the same club.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Orpigtonpalace
16-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Is this the big gesture SJ promised to demonstrate his backing for Taylor...............

If so well its a real ringing endorsement!

RDSdaEAGLE
16-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
jhc, don't get upset! You have to admit that it is odd that you say it has been announced but there is no trace of it anywhere?

Maybe so, but its true that not everything is announced straight away. I found out that Sandor and Boyce had signed for us but that Cahill didn't...I got abuse for it because apparently 'it was already confirmed' that Cahill had signed...

a day and a bit later, the news is announced that Boyce and Torghelle signed and that Cahill didn't. I didn't get many apologies for the abuse either.

Just because its not in the public domain doesn't mean that this hasn't happened. Funny, because if you check www.newsnow.co.uk for Palace news, you'll see that Mike Pollitt was also approached about a loan move...was he lying too?

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:37 PM
If it is true it would not surprise me. What on earth is wrong with playing Gabor I have no idea. It must be the biggest bonus in the world if it is worth getting sucked into a relegation dogfight.

Which game has Gabor played well in this season, which game has he singlehandedly kept us in the game? I can't think of one, he is part of the reason WHY we are being sucked in, not a solution!

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:38 PM

Not overly odd - we all know what premiuim are like at updating the club websites!

RDSdaEAGLE
16-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Not overly odd - we all know what premiuim are like at updating the club websites!

PremiumTV don't update the site...they just provide the framework within which clubs can post news/tv/highlights. All the admin stuff is actually done by Palace.

Neil the Eagle
16-11-2006, 02:52 PM

No he doesn't, whatever gave you that idea?

joe walker
16-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Is there any actual confirmation of this, other than one bloke saying Taylor has confirmed it

Because the Daily Mail says Ian Walker is the one coming in on loan :confused:

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by joe walker
Is there any actual confirmation of this, other than one bloke saying Taylor has confirmed it

Because the Daily Mail says Ian Walker is the one coming in on loan :confused:

I think that makes it quite clear that Taylor id bring A keeper in on loan, newsnow says Pollit, Mail says Walked and a BBS member says Turner. Out of the 3 i know which one i would prefer to believe.

jhc
16-11-2006, 02:58 PM
You have to admit that it is odd that you say it has been announced but there is no trace of it anywhere?

That's a fair point, but I'm sure the club will announce it officially soon.
What I said was that PT announced it this morning, which he did.
The formalities have to be completed before the club will put it on there site. That is always the case.

pedro
16-11-2006, 02:59 PM
I think that makes it quite clear that Taylor id bring A keeper in on loan, newsnow says Pollit, Mail says Walked and a BBS member says Turner. Out of the 3 i know which one i would prefer to believe.
Pollitt has joined Ipswich on loan and Walker is having stress counselling up North (I am surprised he didn't need it after his one night stand with Daniella Westbrook let alone a Las Vegas stripper!) so it is unlikely to be either of these two.

eagle mart
16-11-2006, 03:08 PM
he's signed - official text. Fair play jhc.

SE25Eagle
16-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought a centre back was needed more to be honest

eagle mart
16-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I posted about Kuqi, and got a bit of stick. He officially signed 15 hours later.

pedro
16-11-2006, 03:12 PM
We already have 3 goalkeepers so why is it classed as an 'emergency' loan deal. I know the others are struggling but emergency is a bit harsh.

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by eagle mart
I posted about Kuqi, and got a bit of stick. He officially signed 15 hours later.

The transfer section doesn't do facts and or sense.

Just abuse - sorry.

:bash: :bash:

joe walker
16-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by pedro
We already have 3 goalkeepers so why is it classed as an 'emergency' loan deal. I know the others are struggling but emergency is a bit harsh.

try not to take it so literally, by 'emergency' it just means a short-term loan

GrayP41ace
16-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Fair play JHC. Palace Nut apologise to our new leader :D We have a new King in town.

CG you better have some good news soon, JHC has taken your crown :p

On a more serious note, could it be that between Barnsley and ourselves was a gentlemans agreement that Flinders wouldn't play against them??

Also if Kiraly is dead set on leaving in Jan and is also elligible for a bonus after x amount of games, then the decision not to play a player who doesn't want to be here and won't be 100% focussed whilst not paying out any more than we absolutely have too is probably a good decision.

ZOHAR
16-11-2006, 03:20 PM
In the priority of loan signings i would have thought this would be the order of importance:

1. Pacy striker
2. Right back
3. Left winger
4. Right winger
5. Attacking midfielder
6. Central defender
7. Goalkeeper

But, eh you don't always get what you want! Gabor's off, Flinders isn't ready, Speroni is injured and crap so maybe PT was right to get a goalkeeper on loan.

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 03:22 PM
In the priority of loan signings i would have thought this would be the order of importance:

PT in the Guardian (local one i think) has ruled out any outfield loans saying that the players we have are good enough.

FORZA SELHURST
16-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by GrayP41ace
On a more serious note, could it be that between Barnsley and ourselves was a gentlemans agreement that Flinders wouldn't play against them??

Hopefully Togwell won't be playing for them then too..

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2006, 03:26 PM
PT in the Guardian (local one i think) has ruled out any outfield loans saying that the players we have are good enough.

It's a good job then they ejected me twice on Saturday if that's the case :clown: :hi: :hi:

Undercover
16-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Iain Turner has just signed - Confirmed on their website.

ZOHAR
16-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Everton goalkeeper, Iain Turner, has agreed a one-month loan deal with Crystal Palace.

The 22-year old Scot travelled to Selhurst Park on Thursday morning to complete the formalities and will go straight into the Eagles squad for their Championship clash with Barnsley on Saturday.

Palace are struggling in the Championship at present and have lost six and drawn two of their last eight fixtures.

Turner has made one first-team appearance this season, when he kept a clean sheet in the 4-0 Carling Cup victory over Luton Town at Goodison.

Turner is scheduled to return on December 16

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/eagles-swoop-for-turner.html

Pub Idol
16-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Im glad we have signed this inexperienced unknown instead of the ex England number 1.

Leif Andersen
16-11-2006, 03:38 PM

:D :bash:

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Turner is scheduled to return on December 16

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/eagles-swoop-for-turner.html

But is that before or after our game with Derby? If he goes back after the game we will have 4 games till the transfer window opens and we can sign someone permanently (not enough time to be eligible for the New Years Day fixture)

Can see this being extended to 2 months, but not being eligible to play fir us in the FA cup 3rd round.

EvertonChris
16-11-2006, 03:42 PM
John Ruddy (I think).

Yeah, mixing him up with John Ruddy.

Iain Turner is better than Richard Wright, but that's not hard. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, is he just cover?

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Pub Idol
Im glad we have signed this inexperienced unknown instead of the ex England number 1.

Who was that then?

Richard Wright never played in a competitive England game one of his 2 caps he played less than half the game and only as a result of injury to James (who had come on at half time)

Both of these while he was at Ipswich and over 5 years ago? 'Former England number 1' you are having a laugh!

Also Everton are more likely to want to give 1st team experience to their young keeper and we have to take who they are willing to offer!

Sussex Eagle
16-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Apology to jhc please? Seems like you're the only one who was making stuff up.

Why is it always the people who are clearly NOT bullshitting that get the most abuse? The transfer forum is like flame to the moths that are the small number of idiots on this site.

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by EvertonChris
Yeah, mixing him up with John Ruddy.

Iain Turner is better than Richard Wright, but that's not hard. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, is he just cover?

Doubt it, he and 19 year old Flinders will probably be our two main keepers at the moment. Speroni might come back into the frame when back from injury but think we have seen Kiralys last game.

joe walker
16-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Who was that then?

Richard Wright never played in a competitive England game one of his 2 caps he played less than half the game and only as a result of injury to James (who had come on at half time)

Both of these while he was at Ipswich and over 5 years ago? 'Former England number 1' you are having a laugh!

Also Everton are more likely to want to give 1st team experience to their young keeper and we have to take who they are willing to offer!

I think he meant Ian Walker, although he wasn't ever England's number 1 (other than that Italy game 10 bloody years ago)

jhc
16-11-2006, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GrayP41ace
[B]Fair play JHC. Palace Nut apologise to our new leader :D We have a new King in town.

CG you better have some good news soon, JHC has taken your crown :p

QUOTE]

Thanks but I'd have a long way to go to catch up with GG. Over 18,000 posts - now that is prolific. I take my hat off to him - that's dedication.

I don't think I have exclusive rights to breaking news, far from it. I'm sure there are a lot of supporters out there who have contacts to find out things that are going on at the club.
All I'd say is that I am one of many and will only post on here if I hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak, but not if it is revealed in confidence.
This was in the public domain but it always takes the club time to release this sort of information because they have to wait until everything is done and dusted.
I am not seeking an apology from those that thought I was talking 'shit'. I had just hoped that I would have been believed in the first place because it had come direct from PT's press conference. I was probably being very naive I suppose because there are so many rumours on here that people don't know what to believe and what not to believe.

I just hope Ian Turner does us a good turn in the month that he is with us. A clean sheet on saturday would go down a treat!

u8mygoat
16-11-2006, 03:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/6155506.stm

Personally I won't believe it until the BBC reveal their source! People post rubbish on the BBC all the time. I vote we shoot whoever wrote the article.

Pub Idol
16-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I think he meant Ian Walker, although he wasn't ever England's number 1 (other than that Italy game 10 bloody years ago)

:p

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 04:00 PM

Really someone wants an over the hill 35 year old currently in counciling who has played just 7 games in 2 years? Even Turner has played more than that!

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Really someone wants an over the hill 35 year old currently in counciling who has played just 7 games in 2 years? Even Turner has played more than that!

GG

Apart from being addicted to blonde Page 3esque birds - WTF is he being counselled for :confused: ?

BTW I see no problem with that :D

Louis
16-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Can we play 4 keepers? You never know, it might just stop the other side scoring ...

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
GG

Apart from being addicted to blonde Page 3esque birds - WTF is he being counselled for :confused: ?

BTW I see no problem with that :D

I heard that is what he is being counseled about, think he is married isn't he?

Aaroncpfc
16-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't understand some of you.

"Flinders isn't ready!"

"Kiraly is too inconsistant!"

"We don't need a new goalkeeper!"

Realisticly people we do need a new goalie, Flinders let in seven goals in two games, Kiraly let in one goal in two saves. Our 'keepers have been far too inconsistant this season.

Granted there's more areas that need improving, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

limited_edition
16-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I think he meant Ian Walker, although he wasn't ever England's number 1 (other than that Italy game 10 bloody years ago) And Walker was beaten at the near post that game a bit like Gabor was on Saturday.

cpfc_spc1982
16-11-2006, 05:00 PM
if taylor has looked through our squad and only identified a need for a gk on loan the man is a burk.

Sir.S.C Remembered
16-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Ive liked the look of him when I have seen him

eagle101
16-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Can I just say...

Welcome to the Palace Iain :p

Good luck on Saturday if you start :)

:lux:

EDIT: Yes I know he won't read it ;) :D

Palaceman95
16-11-2006, 06:36 PM
This shud be interesting, to see if Turner starts ahead of Gabor and Flinders.

Big_Dunc
16-11-2006, 07:15 PM
i'm an everton fan and was shocked by the news because the only keeper better at our club is tim howard who is first choice then turner has been second choice and started some games and done really well, i like palace though and hope he does well there. However everton are ledft with a 15year old and richard wright as second choice, i think i'd prefer the 15 year old lol/

Kevan Woz Awful
16-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Palaceman95
This shud be interesting, to see if Turner starts ahead of Gabor and Flinders.

According to jhc, who started this thread, and stuck to his guns despite taking the usual flak, reckons he starts against Barnsley.
I for one don't doubt jhc's source.

celery stick
16-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Big_Dunc
i'm an everton fan and was shocked by the news because the only keeper better at our club is tim howard who is first choice then turner has been second choice and started some games and done really well, i like palace though and hope he does well there. However everton are ledft with a 15year old and richard wright as second choice, i think i'd prefer the 15 year old lol/

Interesting, and encouraging.
Thanks for the info BD.
:p

MAFL
16-11-2006, 08:54 PM
If this new keeper starts on sat, then PT really has lost his mind. Loan a central defender for f*** sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooders
16-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
According to jhc, who started this thread, and stuck to his guns despite taking the usual flak, reckons he starts against Barnsley.
I for one don't doubt jhc's source.

As I've posted elsewhere, SJ has just been on Talksport and said that we've brought a new keeper in because "none of ours have adequately claimed the jersey".

Definitely starting on Saturday by the sounds of it (and as far as I'm concerned, it is an area of the pitch where we need to improve).

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
(and as far as I'm concerned, it is an area of the pitch where we need to improve).

Is there an area of the pitch where you don't think we need to improve?

AJ's right boot
16-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Im concerned, a 22 year old with no experience being thrown into a relegation battle with a shaky defence. Surely experience would of been the sensible way to go. But good luck Iain!!!

GreatGonzo
16-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Has 39 games under his belt at various levels which is more than Flinders (only 25) has.

We will have to wait and see.

paulhgc2002
16-11-2006, 11:36 PM
maybe Everton have loaned him so he can get some practice on picking the ball out of the net and booting upfield

Chickereagle
16-11-2006, 11:47 PM
From Clubcall:

Crystal Palace manager Peter Taylor has explained the reasons for signing Iain Turner from Everton on loan.

Taylor reportedly missed out on Wigan keeper Mike Pollitt - who moved to Ipswich - but is delighted with the capture of the Scottish Under-21 international.

"Everton rate him extremely highly and they want him to come out and get a bit more experience," he told the club official website. He's been out on loan last season and I know quite a bit about him and he's a good goalkeeper.

"At the minute, I have to say that maybe all of the goalkeepers haven't performed to the ability that they expect of themselves so I've got to act on that.

"My job is to try and win the next match and if it means I can improve on a certain position, or leave someone out so that they can get their confidence back or whatever, then that's the type of thing that I have to do."

paulhgc2002
16-11-2006, 11:53 PM
doomed i tell ya doooooomed

eaglei_uk
17-11-2006, 06:56 AM
can he shout louder at the defence?

Gooders
17-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Is there an area of the pitch where you don't think we need to improve?

Actually, no.

james powell
17-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Louis
Can we play 4 keepers? You never know, it might just stop the other side scoring ...

Freddy Kurz
17-11-2006, 10:49 AM
This move has every appearance of preparing for Kiraly to be moved
on during the January transfer window. It may also confirm the
recent rumours that there is a clause in Kiraly's current contract
requiring Palace to cough up some extra money to the player or
his previous club on his completion of 100 appearances. His
present tally stands at 97.......!

RDSdaEAGLE
17-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
This move has every appearance of preparing for Kiraly to be moved
on during the January transfer window. It may also confirm the
recent rumours that there is a clause in Kiraly's current contract
requiring Palace to cough up some extra money to the player or
his previous club on his completion of 100 League appearances...

According to Eurosport, citing Gabor's agent as a source, Palace have agreed to let Gabor go to West Ham for a month.

Stigma
17-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Yesss another goalkeeper (an average one as well). That’s really going to save us.:rolleyes:

Seems like P. Taylor has got a cunning plan of introducing 11 goalkeepers in the starting 11.

Freddy Kurz
17-11-2006, 10:54 AM
According to Eurosport, citing Gabor's agent as a source, Palace have agreed to let Gabor go to West Ham for a month.

Quite!

Stigma
17-11-2006, 10:55 AM

Makes sense:bash:

Freddy Kurz
17-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Stigma
Yesss another goalkeeper (an average one as well). That’s really going to save us.:rolleyes:

Seems like P. Taylor has got a cunning plan of introducing 11 goalkeepers in the starting 11.

Rest assured Stigma, Kiraly is unlikely to be around much longer!
Speroni is injured while Flinders still needs more time to develop.
If Kiraly goes that would leave us with a relative novice and an
injured stand-in 'keeper.

Bit early yet to say Turner is only average though, isn't it?
Shouldn't he be given a chance to show what he can do?

red_&_blue_andy
17-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Would be nice if we could get Etherington in return

ZOHAR
17-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Swap Kiraly for the Argies?!

Stigma
17-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz

Bit early yet to say Turner is only average though, isn't it?
Shouldn't he be given a chance to show what he can do?

Yeah well I guess (haven't even seen him play I don't think). Let’s give him half a game..but he if concedes..then burn the witch.. :cool:
Just seems like from what one is hearing that he isn't that special. Must be a downer for Flinders..

Tomo
17-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Behave mate.

ZOHAR
17-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Is this signing an admission by Taylor that Flinders isn't good enough?!

faceforradio
17-11-2006, 02:10 PM

I'd say it's an admission that Flinder's isn't good enough YET! I think we could all see that from the couple of games that he's played so far. Still believe he's got potential to be a very good keeper in the future though.

Turner looks a fantastic prospect who even at this young age has the ability & temperament to walk into our 1st team.

It'll make a nice change to have a competant keeper after what we've had to put up with this season.

RickyB
17-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Turner is VERY highly rated I might add. Been touted as a future England No 1, but then again, so has Flinders :hmph: England No.1? :puzzled:

orp pisshead1
17-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Boyandy
It's another Iain!

If true he'll be the first Scottish goalkeeper we've had since Wood.

Thank •••• we have played leicester.

Freddy Kurz
17-11-2006, 11:14 PM

It's more to do with Kiraly being about to leave the club.

Ian Hart
17-11-2006, 11:56 PM
A good friend of mine - an Everton season ticket holder who also watches every Everton away match - insists Turner is the best goalkeeping reserve owned by any of the Premiership teams. I saw him once myself last season.

I don't think there's any question about him being better than any of our current crop of keepers. In view of the way Kiraly has been playing of late, and the understandable loss of confidence by Flinders, I think this could be an inspired loan signing. More than any other position in the team, you can't win anything with a dodgy keeper, and we've been suffering from that problem for several weeks.

steve hail
18-11-2006, 03:55 AM
I hope you are right. Many a keeper has been made to look bad by dodgy defenders and a growing loss of confidence due to being exposed too often.

Ian Hart
18-11-2006, 09:22 AM
I have every confidence in Turner - just so long as people don't expect him to be Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton. My concern is what happens when the month is up - this will have further badly dented the confidence of Flinders and Kiraly.

Pikie Punisher
18-11-2006, 09:48 AM

Yeah, wait til he plays behind our defence for a couple of games, he'll never be the same again :eek: ! Hope he's got his nappy ready! :D

Freddy Kurz
18-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ian Hart
I have every confidence in Turner - just so long as people don't expect him to be Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton. My concern is what happens when the month is up - this will have further badly dented the confidence of Flinders and Kiraly.

Also hope fans give Turner a chance, especially as he will need time
to develop an understanding with our defenders, and Cort will be
missing today.

Don't expect Kiraly to be around beyond the end of the year, as
the loan to West Ham indicates, and Palace appear to have a
financial incentive to move him on before he completes one
hundred appearances. The cover story from all sides for
all of this sounds disingenuous to say the least!

Flinders needs more time to develop and regain confidence,
which is difficult with so few Reserve games available, and
he would be better off gaining first-team experience at a
lower League club.

Speroni, currently injured, must be near the end of his con
tract, so Palace are going to need two keepers capable of
playing at least at Championship level fairly soon. Turner
may be a short-term replacement, but if he is as good as
Everton fans say he is, can we expect him to come to us
on anything other than an extended loan?

Owngoal
18-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Where does this weird idea come from that he might become englands number 1? The boy is Scottish and our first Scots keeper since George Wood

CRYSTAL Palace manager Peter Taylor has signed Everton's Scottish goalkeeper Iain Turner on a one-month loan.

The 22-year-old has played just five first-team games for Everton since joining in 2003 from Stirling.

mexicaneagle
18-11-2006, 03:42 PM

can he be Ray Clemence?

joe walker
13-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Judging by this article it seems his initial loan spell is over as a result of the knock he got on Saturday. Also mentions that Taylor would be keen on extending the deal.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435055&CPID=10&clid=31&lid=&title=Palace+hoping+for+Turner+deal

Pikie Punisher
13-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Owngoal
Where does this weird idea come from that he might become englands number 1? The boy is Scottish and our first Scots keeper since George Wood

Maybe he's got an English granny living in Peckham :confused: ?

Gooders
14-12-2006, 09:20 AM
We'll have to get someone in when Flinders and Kiraly leave in the January window.

RickyB
14-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Bummer :( Hope we can get him back in in Jan

Injury leaves Turner 'gutted'

Goalkeeper Iain Turner admits he is "gutted" at having to return to Everton prematurely after injury cut short his loan at Crystal Palace.

The 22-year-old Scot had started five games for the Championship outfit before sustaining a groin problem during Saturday's clash with Colchester.

He told evertonTV: "I'm gutted. Crystal Palace were looking to extend the loan so I might have had a few more games down there.

"It was a bit unfortunate. I was getting a good run of games going and then on Saturday against Colchester I was taking a free-kick and my groin went.

"I tried to play on for about five minutes but it wasn't feeling good. I don't like doing it but I had to put my hand up and come off."

ZOHAR
14-12-2006, 02:27 PM
We'll have to get someone in when Flinders and Kiraly leave in the January window.

Flinders leaving? Don't you mean Speroni??

Gooders
14-12-2006, 08:26 PM
No, I meant Flinders. Watch this space.

Stigma
14-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Good stuff..here's hoping..

Eagle_P
14-12-2006, 08:40 PM

Leaving permanently or just on loan for rest of the season?

IMO i think in a years time he will be a good keeper to have, he was outstanding when on loan at Gillingham and just needs the time to make that next step up and i hope he is given the chance.

Gooders
14-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Eagle_P
Leaving permanently or just on loan for rest of the season?

Could be either, AFAIK.

Pikie Punisher
15-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by RickyB
I had to put my hand up and come off."

Oo-er missis :eek: !!

danpalacefan5
03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
is there any more news on getting turner back on loan

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes,

Turner eyes Palace

Jan 3 2007

EVERTON keeper Iain Turner is hoping to return to Crystal Palace this month.

The Toffees stopper spent a month on loan with Palace in December, before injury cut it short.

But he's hopeful a return to Selhurst Park can be resurrected - Palace manager Peter Taylor has said he wants to take the Scot on loan until the end of the season.

If a deal can't be done then Palace could move for Bolton Wanderers' Ian Walker. Trotters boss Sam Allerdyce is prepared to let the former Spurs and England keeper leave on a loan deal.

Palace are in the market for a new keeper as they are set to lose Hungarian international keeper Gabor Kiraly.

Story continues Continue story
ADVERTISEMENT

Kiraly is currently on loan with Aston Villa, but as he's out of contract in June, the Eagles are keen to cash in on him during this month's transfer window.

That would leave Taylor with two senior keepers on the club's books in Julian Speroni and Scott Flinders.

But Speroni has been troubled with injury twice this season, his latest groin problem forced him out of the Boxing Day draw at Southampton.

Whilst Flinders, 20, is highly-rated by Taylor, he is still a young keeper with much to learn.

His confidence has taken a dip after some below-par performances for Palace this season since signing from Barnsley in the summer.

Another Palace player who could be on his way this month is winger Marco Reich who has found appearances hard to come by under Taylor. Striker Jon Macken could also make his successful loan deal with Ipswich permanent this month.

Winger Tommy Black is also looking for a Selhurst exit, albeit only on loan. Bradford are hoping to take him back this month after a loan move was cut short by a rib injury.

* DAVE Anderson hopes the New Year will bring better luck with injuries for AFC Wimbledon.

The Dons had 12 first-team players out over the Christmas period and boss Anderson hopes things will change for the second half of the season.

"We had 12 missing for the Boxing Day game with Staines and five of them were forwards. Being without that many makes it very difficult.

"Injuries have been a problem all season and we hope that improves, so we can climb the table."

danpalacefan5
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks

The Gerry Queen
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I keep looking for the news release saying that we've re-signed Iain Turner on poan till the end of the season. It would be brillant. He was instrumental in our change of form. Since he came both Speroni and Flinders have raised their game. Competition is a very good thing to have and we need Iain back to benefit from his good influence especially with the other keepers and the back four.Sort it PT !!!!!!

AJ
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by The Gerry Queen
I keep looking for the news release saying that we've re-signed Iain Turner on poan till the end of the season. It would be brillant. He was instrumental in our change of form. Since he came both Speroni and Flinders have raised their game. Competition is a very good thing to have and we need Iain back to benefit from his good influence especially with the other keepers and the back four.Sort it PT !!!!!!

I think Turner installed confidence in the back four, in particular Hudson and Ward. When Turner was injured, the 2 center backs confidence remained, which is probably why Speroni and Flinders both have looked a lot better lately.

ricks-big-honda
12-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Turner was at the training ground this morning with a exceptional amount of gear ( not drugs). He left on the coach to Coventry , understand Ifill has excelled in training and will start tomorrow ( also left TG on coach to Coventry.

kolinkins
12-01-2007, 12:21 PM
TG?

ZOHAR
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Good news about Turner

Hoping Ifill doesn't start in place of Green as a bit unfair.

Who's TG?

€pfc
12-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
TG?

Tor ghelle;)

sw16girl
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
to go ???

Little Matt
12-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Tommy Glack?

nathe
12-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Training gear?

regal_eagle
12-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Tom Goares?

ricks-big-honda
trainig Ground

eagleight
Originally posted by ricks-big-honda
Turner was at the training ground this morning with a exceptional amount of gear ( not drugs). He left on the coach to Coventry , understand Ifill has excelled in training and will start tomorrow ( also left TG on coach to Coventry.

Ricks, Please explain 'also left TG on coach'

Little Matt
12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Terry Gyfield?

eagleight
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
sorry forget last post, i'm too slow in typing

Voldo
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Training Gear?

I.Flyer
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by eagleight
Ricks, Please explain 'also left TG on coach'
Possibly means 'left the training ground and got onto the coach'

Voldo
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Ahhh it all makes sense now, for a moment i thought the training ground had boarded the coach, which is ludicrus, its no-where near fit

Coat. Get. I. My. Will

JAS78
12-01-2007, 01:03 PM
our 2nd January signing to be announced soon then?

hopefully

Celestial Empire
12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by I.Flyer
Possibly means 'left the training ground and got onto the coach'

10/10 for comprehension. ;)
Good news about Turner, wonder if Kuqi was in the squad.

Gooders
12-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Good work r-b-h. Should be an announcement about Turner this arvo then.

ZOHAR
12-01-2007, 02:01 PM
The question is will Turner be on the bench or will Flinders be dropped?

jimos_uk
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I would hope, for Flinders' confidence, he'd retain the position.

After all, he is *our* player!

eagleight
12-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I would hope, with the thought of an away win, Iain drops back in, although Scott has done well over the last few games.
I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be three points tomorrow:lux:

Absolution
12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Flinders is doing well but lacks cover at the moment with Speroni injured and Gabor elsewhere.

Must be worth getting in Turner. I don't want Flinders to be burdened with having to play every game from now on. He needs to developed over the next couple years.

tjmill
12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Turner not signed! Still injured!
Linking up with squad to watch from stands but def NOT playing.

Gooders
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Flinders and Gabor then? Or does "Gabor won't play again" also mean he won't be on the bench?

ZOHAR
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info tjmill

But will Kiraly or Wilkinson be on the bench?

big bazza
12-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Kiraly still at Villa.

Vanessa
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Sky Sports Website says that Kiraly has returned to us - 1 day before his loan deal ended

OneSize
13-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Only just got back so havnt read everything, but his names was on the coventry squad list for us. Is this a sign or has it been like that at all games?

Ian Hart
14-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Both Sorensen and Taylor are now fit. Sorensen was in goal and Taylor on the bench.

They no longer need Kiraly.

Owngoal
14-01-2007, 09:33 AM
From the Sunday Mirror, Taylor set to return for Turner soon - I'm glad as he seems to be more of a complete package than Flinders

14 January 2007
TURNER DEAL POSTPONED
PETER TAYLOR has postponed his second loan swoop for Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner after he suffered another injury setback.

The Crystal Palace boss had been hopeful of landing Turner on loan until the end of the season last week but his groin injury has still not healed.

Taylor will now return for the 22-year-old goalkeeper in two weeks after holding talks with opposite number David Moyes.

He said: "We are still very keen on Iain and I have spoken to David about it, but he will be out for at least another two weeks so we'll see then."

AJ's right boot
17-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Says on SSN today we are talking to Everton again about taking him! Hopefull we can get him till the end of the season.

Latvian Eagle
17-01-2007, 01:33 PM
This is ridiculous! It looked like he hardly done anything when he injured himself! :eek: He's been out for what 6 weeks now!?

thereichstuff
17-01-2007, 02:17 PM
It might be a different injury .

stupalace
17-01-2007, 06:48 PM
window closes in two weeks , so we may have to loan him when hes injured

franksy123
17-01-2007, 06:53 PM
can champ clubs still loan after the january window??

EVERTON F.C
17-01-2007, 07:13 PM

Hes a Jock. :p

he has a very bright future ahead of him & is very highly rated at Everton.....

he will do a good job for u just as he did first time around.... but there wont be any permanent deal..... although Dickie Wright will be available soon enough

AJ's right boot
17-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by franksy123
can champ clubs still loan after the january window??

I believe so, i also think there are special dispentations around goal keepers transfers outside the window as well.

franksy123
17-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by AJ's right boot
I believe so, i also think there are special dispentations around goal keepers transfers outside the window as well.

Cheers

The Mighty Kuqi
17-01-2007, 08:40 PM
We are in talks with Everton about a move, according to SSN, didn't say weather loan or permanent though!

TommyEagle
17-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by The Mighty Kuqi
We are in talks with Everton about a move, according to SSN, didn't say weather loan or permanent though!

Permanent would be fantastic!

jobiinthelastmi
17-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Won't secure him on a perminant deal.

Everton could definatly use a goalkeeper. Maybe send Gabor the other way :lux: :lux: :lux:

EVERTON F.C
18-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Wont be a permanent deal lads....

will be a loan deal only as he will eventually take over from Dickie Wright as Number 2, also we only have Howard on loan at the moment....

rumours up here are that u also came in for Lee Carsley & James Vaughan, but both knocked back due to our already very small squad.

Psychokiller
18-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought Ruddy was considered a better keeper by Everton?

EVERTON F.C
18-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
I thought Ruddy was considered a better keeper by Everton?

Both considered good young Keepers, all i can say is that when needed last season Turner got the nod..... he then did go & get sent off after 8 mins & then replaced by Ruddy.....

both good lads with bright futures tho

nathe
18-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by EVERTON F.C
Wont be a permanent deal lads....

will be a loan deal only as he will eventually take over from Dickie Wright as Number 2, also we only have Howard on loan at the moment....

rumours up here are that u also came in for Lee Carsley & James Vaughan, but both knocked back due to our already very small squad.

If you added to your squad what would be the chances of getting either of these players?

EVERTON F.C
18-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by nathe
If you added to your squad what would be the chances of getting either of these players?

Midfield, we are very light on numbers of quality, we have Arteta, Cahill, Osman, VDM, Neville, then we have Davies who is on his way & Carsley, weve just failed to get in Barton but id say Carley prob available in summer.....

Forwards, AJ, Anichebe, McFadden, Vaughan & Beattie who i cant wait to see the back off, rumour has it Nugent is a done deal for the summer & Beattie will go, once thats done id expect Vaughan to be loaned out atleast until January, were ok with numbers uptop but Beattie is nothing short of a disgrace & then were left with just McFadden, Anichebe, Vaughan if god forbid anything happened to AJ.

ebyeeckeagle
18-01-2007, 02:34 PM
.... rumour has it Nugent is a done deal for the summer...

OMG. Don't say that around here mate:)

Popester
18-01-2007, 02:40 PM
What is wrong with Beattie (apart from his lack of goals this season)? We nearly signed him a couple of years ago.

EVERTON F.C
18-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Nugent is a boyhood blue & hes desperate to play for us in the prem, that is almost signed & sealed im affraid lads.... he will turn down any club in Jan & join us on the cheap as his contract is down to 12 months in summer i believe......

as for Beattie, well firstly hes a striker with a Crap goals return, then theres effort well u know how well AJ works for the team well id say Beatts is the exact opposite - Crap with a capital C if we get any offer over 2mill for him then the manager in question wants shooting....

regal_eagle
18-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
OMG. Don't say that around here mate:)

I smell a new thread...!

littlecsaesar
18-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Nugent is a boyhood blue & hes desperate to play for us in the prem, that is almost signed & sealed im affraid lads.... he will turn down any club in Jan & join us on the cheap as his contract is down to 12 months in summer i believe......

as for Beattie, well firstly hes a striker with a Crap goals return, then theres effort well u know how well AJ works for the team well id say Beatts is the exact opposite - Crap with a capital C if we get any offer over 2mill for him then the manager in question wants shooting....

Right about Nugent seems to be the ideal move for both clubs, just needs Kenright to put his hand in his pocket.

davematt
18-01-2007, 02:50 PM
rumour has it Nugent is a done deal for the summer

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

EVERTON F.C
18-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by littlecsaesar
Right about Nugent seems to be the ideal move for both clubs, just needs Kenright to put his hand in his pocket.

watching AJ this season id say Nuge would be the ideal partnership...

ukjay_29
18-01-2007, 02:56 PM
watching AJ this season id say Nuge would be the ideal partnership...

maybe PNE will take Beattie of your hands as part of the deal?

Would Beattie drop a division though ? That said, he sounds nothing short of a Championship player at best - My mate here in the office is an Everton fan and he, likes you, cannot wait to see him go - One thing you can thank him for is his part in persuading AJ to join you (no doubt AJ would have probably joined you over Wigan/Bolton anyhow) - Best mates apparently, so that would have helped......

Ian Hart
18-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Popester
What is wrong with Beattie (apart from his lack of goals this season)? We nearly signed him a couple of years ago.

Bit longer than a couple of years ago, I think you'll find. It was during Alan Smith's season.

kav
18-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Is he still alive?

jhc
18-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Just to return to the original thread, PT has confirmed that Iain Turner will be out for another 2 weeks but hopes to get him back on loan for the rest of the season, when he is fit again.
That is as long as Everton don't have any problems with their first choice keepers in the meantime.

ZOHAR
29-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Any Turner news this week?!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry Scott F)

jhc
29-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Maybe an update at the end of the week, but if he was out for two weeks as I was originally told, I wouldn't expect him to be back to fitness until at least the end of this week.

Owngoal
30-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Hope that once the window closes on Wednesday that we can still do loan deals? Anyone know?

Absolution
30-01-2007, 11:16 AM
My limited knowledge is that loans can be done until March (ish) although it is shorter deals. So if we wanted him until the end of the season it would need to be done before Feb.

Someone else can probably make it clearer.

desborough-john
14-02-2007, 05:51 PM
everton have signed howard from man.u.will they now release turner on loan?

Halfwayline
14-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Really no point in paying another keeper say £7k a week while we have 3 first team keepers on the payroll. If we were in the top 8 or say 6 points from the play offs then perhaps, but not while we are 11 points adrift.

limited_edition
15-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Halfwayline
Really no point in paying another keeper say £7k a week while we have 3 first team keepers on the payroll. If we were in the top 8 or say 6 points from the play offs then perhaps, but not while we are 11 points adrift. Agreed. Now that Gabor's forced his way back, there's no point. Although, I wouldn't mind Turner's Everton team mate, striker James Vaughan on loan.

Ian Hart
15-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by desborough-john
everton have signed howard from man.u.will they now release turner on loan?

Can't see how it affects anything. They already had Howard (albeit on a season's loan)

jimos_uk
15-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Can't see how it affects anything. They already had Howard (albeit on a season's loan)

All it would do it slightly increase the chances of them selling Turner - I understand that this was not an option whilst Howard was only on loan.

ZOHAR
15-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I read a report last night that Everton will release Richard Wright at the end of the season leaving highly rated young goalies Ian Turner and John Ruddy as back up.

Seems he won't be going anywhere after all.

The Gerry Queen
15-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Agreed. Now that Gabor's forced his way back, there's no point. Although, I wouldn't mind Turner's Everton team mate, striker James Vaughan on loan.

Would be a really good move !

I felt good about Gabor coming back after Sunderland but at Leeds, when he missed Blake's corner in true Gabor style ,I immediatly wondered if Iain Turners loan had been called off for good?
Turner was class at the back for us wit one exception at Wolves when he lost sight of a tame free kick. Also he commanded the area and worked well with our defence in a way none of the others have done.