PDA

View Full Version : Carl Cort - Again

sw16girl
20-12-2006, 02:20 PM
According to a rumours site http://www.football-rumours.com/index.htm

Striker Carl Cort will join Crystal Palace on loan for the rest of the season. Wolves will also loan Leon Clarke out to Chesterfield. Mick Mccarthy wanted Billy Sharp from Scunthorpe but he will now sign for Watford for 1.25m. Mccarthy will sign Ben Mackey from non league Leamington and Izale Mcleod from MK Dons

Seems pretty damn unlikely to me as Carl Cort is still having trouble with his knee injury.

HappyLarry
20-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Thought I read last week that Carl Cort was out for the rest of the season?(Good job we didn't sign him!)

ZOHAR
20-12-2006, 02:28 PM
McCarthy waits on Cort contract.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy says he will not be discussing Carl Cort's future while the striker recovers from a knee cartilage operation.
Cort, 29, is out of action until February at the earliest and his contract runs out in the summer.

McCarthy told his club's website: "His contract is not even an issue at the minute. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is.

"Let's just hope he gets himself fit and we will take it from there."

Cort has scored 32 goals in 99 games for Wolves since a 2m move from Newcastle in January 2004.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/6179357.stm

Bens Jamin
20-12-2006, 02:38 PM
We need Billy Sharp dammit!!

joe walker
20-12-2006, 02:42 PM
No way will they loan out Leon Clarke! he's their top scorer

that rumour alone just goes to show how reliable this source is

sydnsteve
21-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Seems to fit in with PT's mis-use of the loan system. Get an injured player in , then he can't play him!
Load of Ballacks IMO.
Pearson would be a good move, but he will get much better offers.

TheCharmer
21-12-2006, 10:46 AM
why s Billy sharpe going to Watford? They ll just get relegated anyway..

Oh south london
21-12-2006, 03:14 PM
We need Izale

ZOHAR
21-12-2006, 05:09 PM
We need a miracle (i.e. Tommy Black's spare rib)

Shipp Ahoy!
21-12-2006, 05:14 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Did I mention that I don't think we should sign him?

Aaroncpfc
21-12-2006, 07:15 PM
On paper in the past he's been pretty good. Looks like at his best he could get us ten goals a season.

But for the last two years all he's done is hold the ball up and look to pass to people. Pace and Carl Cort just don't seem to go well. He's been an injury magnet too.

If we sign him he will probably look good for a month and then fade away.

Alex_S
21-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
why s Billy sharpe going to Watford? They ll just get relegated anyway..

Perfect opportunity for him to shine.

Will be starting most weeks and any goals he get will count for double as hes playing in such a shite team :)

If he does OK in the premier, someone will pay 4.5mill for him when Watford go down.

arussell
22-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by sw16girl
Seems pretty damn unlikely to me as Carl Cort is still having trouble with his knee injury.

And even more un-likely given that he's useless.

Unless our mangement team have finally taken leave of their senses of course.

Pikie Punisher
24-12-2006, 03:50 PM
No injury prone players PLEASE! Oh look, here comes Carl Cort:-

http://www.hersheys.com/trickortreats/activities/costumes/mummy.jpg