View Full Version : Mikael Forssell Up For Grabs

Al Fresco
08-11-2001, 10:15 PM
Taken from the Guardians "Fiver" daily footy email:

Two big-name strikers on the verge of being snaffled away from the
Premiership: Anderlecht are preparing a bid for Chelsea striker
Mikael Forssell, while Sunderland's Lilian Laslandes may be on his
way back to Bordeaux.

Come on Jordan, feck the Bruce "problem" and get the don back, we need to bolster our attack, get Aki involved.

What sort of price BBSers?

Daddy Long
08-11-2001, 10:18 PM
about as much chance as Bruce being in charge vs Crewe

arussell
08-11-2001, 10:21 PM
If you're asking how much he will cost ? - Chelsea want at least 3, if not 4 million for him.

congress
08-11-2001, 10:23 PM
I dont know why people went mad about Forsell.Okay he had good skills but was never a regular goal scorer for Palace.Anyone got his goals ratio?

Steve in Phoenix
08-11-2001, 10:28 PM
18 goals in 44 league and 9 cup starts (plus 9 sub appearances)

Cleon
08-11-2001, 10:33 PM
Forrsell is an excellent player who will only get better. But he never clicked with either Dougie or Clinton in the same way that they click together, so he'd have problems breaking up the Dougie/Clinton axis. And there is no point in spending 3 or 4 million on a third striker, when we could get someone good enough to fill that role for closer to 1 million (ie. Nathan Ellington, Brett Omerroyd and so on).

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
08-11-2001, 11:07 PM
Be nice to get him though, but as said before, that's alot of money for a bench player.

John.K
08-11-2001, 11:18 PM
Chelsea still want him as far as I know!:grrr:

Symon10
08-11-2001, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Forrsell is an excellent player who will only get better. But he never clicked with either Dougie or Clinton in the same way that they click together, so he'd have problems breaking up the Dougie/Clinton axis. And there is no point in spending 3 or 4 million on a third striker, when we could get someone good enough to fill that role for closer to 1 million (ie. Nathan Ellington, Brett Omerroyd and so on).

everyone keeps forgetting KIROVSKI in the way freedman and morrison have "clicked together"! Although he hasn't score many i think he is a major part in why the other two have scored so many. When we talk about best pairing since Wright and Bright we have to think about the fact it is no longer a pair! It's three!

Forsell would be a great signing. Fits in with style of football we play. He has good skill, good vision and is young. Perfect replacement for Morrison, Freedman or Kirovski if we want a like for like swap!

I wonder if we want some variation upfront - eg the option to shuv a big man up there???

jlmatthews
09-11-2001, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Symon10

Perfect replacement for Morrison, Freedman or Kirovski if we want a like for like swap!

I dont see that happening to be honest..and i agree with what was said before about how he didnt fit in up front with either of our strikers the way dougie and clint work together...taking nothing away from him though...he is a good footballer who could be a great one.....

pete eagle
09-11-2001, 01:59 AM
Okay come on guys

Anderlecht - guaranteed champions league football every season, generally get to group stages
Palace - still in divison 1

samaul1cpfc
09-11-2001, 02:52 PM
we wouldnt get him no way hes to good for 1st division football of course hes class but i can't see it

Jimbo ?
09-11-2001, 06:14 PM
Forsell would be great but prem clubs would have him before us!!!

Elephant with mouse gyp
09-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
Okay come on guys

Anderlecht - guaranteed champions league football every season, generally get to group stages
Palace - still in divison 1

Good point but strange things do happen.

There's Prosinieki at Pompey, for instance, and the captain of China playing for the second biggest side of a small Scottish town.

Maybe the oddest of all was when Charlton got then European Footballer of the Year Alan Simonsen when they were in the old Second Divsion and before the influx of foreign talent.

Hotdog
09-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
about as much chance as Bruce being in charge vs Crewe

a million to 1???;)

Jimbo ?
09-11-2001, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

Good point but strange things do happen.

There's Prosinieki at Pompey, for instance, and the captain of China playing for the second biggest side of a small Scottish town.

old croatian -
"small town" -its a big place really!!!
China are hardly great
Forsell is young aswell

Beanie
09-11-2001, 06:47 PM
Isn't this a bit of an over-reaction to a story based on possibilities?

Just because Anderlecht may make a bid, there seems very little chance that Chelsea will sell. Forssell is appearing more and more (if still not a huge amount) for Chelsea. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Crunchie
09-11-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Isn't this a bit of an over-reaction to a story based on possibilities?

Just because Anderlecht may make a bid, there seems very little chance that Chelsea will sell. Forssell is appearing more and more (if still not a huge amount) for Chelsea. I don't think he's going anywhere.

I agree with you, but there is always a theory that they have given him first team football to see if he is good enough for the top level of football, and have now changed their minds ;)

Beanie
10-11-2001, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Crunchie

I agree with you, but there is always a theory that they have given him first team football to see if he is good enough for the top level of football, and have now changed their minds ;)

True - but he is playing MORE often now, not less, which would imply he is becoming more highly regarded.

JamieBcpfc
11-11-2001, 12:38 AM
we should be able to get forsell for a lot less and he plays sometimes for chelsea:afro:

NO1FAN
11-11-2001, 12:43 AM
Forsell aint coming to us full stop:rolleyes:

JamieBcpfc
11-11-2001, 01:21 AM
RESPECT YOUR ELDERS OR IN THIS CASE YOUNGERS

NO1FAN
11-11-2001, 01:26 AM
You what?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

JamieBcpfc
11-11-2001, 01:31 AM
:o i said o who cares

biggus mickus
21-11-2001, 02:53 AM
Have just had a natter with a football agent,he says that when Vialli signed him he was on the biggest wages for a 19 year old,in the country.
Ithink he is out of our league,money wise.
Did we only pay half his wages last year.Full wages would hurt.

Beanie
21-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by biggus mickus
Have just had a natter with a football agent,he says that when Vialli signed him he was on the biggest wages for a 19 year old,in the country.
Ithink he is out of our league,money wise.
Did we only pay half his wages last year.Full wages would hurt.

I agree with the conclussion we won't get Forssell, but not because of wages, I just think he will stay at Chelsea. The half wages deal was done in administration as a sign of support from Chelsea. I never heard that it was extended into last years deal, that seems a bit unlike Mr Bates.

DE - Glad All Over
21-11-2001, 04:10 PM
Wages / money the main issue here, I would imagine with Chelseas finacial predicment that any player not in the 1st team on silly wages is up fro grabs.

I liked Forssell, but I never really think he clicked in to the Palace style.

Dobbo
21-11-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DE - Glad All Over

I liked Forssell, but I never really think he clicked in to the Palace style.

Have to agree; he was good, but we've been so much more prolific with Dougie & Paddy together.

Lone Eagle
24-11-2001, 06:20 PM
He did not fit into our old style of play but what about now? now we pass the ball and he would link well with jovan

pete eagle
25-11-2001, 03:01 AM
Would be good, but would he provide the third option of someone who can head the ball and give defenders a bit of a roughing up