PDA

View Full Version : Scowcroft up font

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Bugger making the effort to come back from Canterbury when term starts if we persist with that.

Sort it out Neil or we will very quickly find any kind of challenge is far gone.

Edit. Just to make it clear, I have more of a problem with the system we are playing with Scowie up top on his own NOT Scowie himself. Stick someone like Vic up there alongside him and I will be much happier!

Santos-er
16-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Nah, I wouldn't bother.

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Bugger making the effort to come back from Canterbury when term starts if we persist with that.

Sort it out Neil or we will very quickly find any kind of challenge is far gone.

Grow up plonker.

We've played 2 league games with 3 or 4 new players bedding in.

ISome people are too quick to start moaning when it doesn't go well straight away, cause I'm sure your always perfect from the off in everything you do :rolleyes:

Edit: We challenged last season yet we were 23rd after about 15 games last season not 2 FFS.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually I think you will find we played our best football last season when Scowcroft was injured. Instead of lumping it to a lump and sitting our talented youngsters on the bench or watching in the stands maybe we should think about playing the ball on the deck through our midfield and between our young guns.

It's not a coincidence that our best moments albeit lack of them on Saturday came when Moses and Scannell played between each other.

cpfcben
16-08-2008, 04:13 PM
When I was at Canterbury I used to come back for every home game.

Palaceand30
16-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Actually I think you will find we played our best football last season when Scowcroft was injured. .

So true.......we've also lost 16 goals from a low scoring team only 56 last year!!!

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Actually I think you will find we went 15 games unbeaten with Scowcroft up front and followed that up with was it 13? unbeaten again with Scowcroft upfront. Sure we played good football in those last 6 games, but good football doesn't mean you will always win matches. I'd rather we played poorly and won than played like Arsenal and won sweet F.A. Our aim is promotion, if we play shite and get their, who is gonna care??

limited_edition
16-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Scowcroft up font ? :eek:

Keep your homoerotic fantasies to yourself.

Cleon
16-08-2008, 04:16 PM
We won't get anywhere this season if we insist on playing James Scowcroft as the primary striker in either a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by GrayP41ace
Actually I think you will find we went 15 games unbeaten with Scowcroft up front and followed that up with was it 13? unbeaten again with Scowcroft upfront. Sure we played good football in those last 6 games, but good football doesn't mean you will always win matches. I'd rather we played poorly and won than played like Arsenal and won sweet F.A. Our aim is promotion, if we play shite and get their, who is gonna care??

Oh you mean playing shite football and winning like we are at the moment?

Get real, you think it's all going to come up roses persisting with this because we are only 2 games in???

Do you know why teams improve after a few games into a season? Usually because systems change as does players starting. We are not going to get much better hoofing it forward ignoring some of the most talented youngsters this club has had in years.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben

Lucky you, were you doing a full time professional course? Simply don't have the time (or the cash for that matter) to get back every other weekend.

Sir.S.C Remembered
16-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben

Me too. I love Canters.

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
We won't get anywhere this season if we insist on playing James Scowcroft as the primary striker in either a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation.

Where do you get this from??

We got 5th place last season having been 23rd when Warnock came in playing the exact formation you're saying we won't get anywhere with. Playing the exact same player your saying won't get us there.

The logic is there for all to see, sure he's not Pele, but it worked last season, so to say it won't rather than it might not work is complete bull.

dufski13
16-08-2008, 04:25 PM
To be fair I am no big Scowie fan, but he isn't the problem, We can play that way, but only if we get strikers alongside him that are going to score goals. That is what we've lost, & must replace asap. Then we can see if this system is going to work.

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh you mean playing shite football and winning like we are at the moment?

Get real, you think it's all going to come up roses persisting with this because we are only 2 games in???

Do you know why teams improve after a few games into a season? Usually because systems change as does players starting. We are not going to get much better hoofing it forward ignoring some of the most talented youngsters this club has had in years.

You've just said it yourself 2 GAMES, thats all, anything can happen. Who saw a 5th place finish last season? No-one, especially not after 15 games, yet we did. Now you're saying it won't happen after 2. I think it's you that needs to get real.

Palace_Man23
16-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Hes poop ... Bring on the kooch :o

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by dufski13
To be fair I am no big Scowie fan, but he isn't the problem, We can play that way, but only if we get strikers alongside him that are going to score goals. That is what we've lost, & must replace asap. Then we can see if this system is going to work.

Very fair point.

Maybe I should have made it clearer, my main problem is Scowcroft up front on his own.

Last season we had Clinton hovering.

Cleon
16-08-2008, 04:34 PM

We got 5th place last season having been 23rd when Warnock came in playing the exact formation you're saying we won't get anywhere with. Playing the exact same player your saying won't get us there.

The logic is there for all to see, sure he's not Pele, but it worked last season, so to say it won't rather than it might not work is complete bull.

Other teams have strengthened, we have been weakened with the loss of key players such as Watson, Morrison & Hudson.

I don't care that you disagree.

adrenalin john
16-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Last season we had Clinton hoovering.

Dyson or electrolux

CPFC_DAVE77
16-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Maybe I should have made it clearer, my main problem is Scowcroft up front on his own.

Really? Reading your rpevious comments would suggest otherwise!

Palace Don
16-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Other teams have strengthened, we have been weakened with the loss of key players such as Watson, Morrison & Hudson.

I don't care that you disagree.

Personally dont think Hudson was a loss. Cort was more of a loss than him.

FraserH
16-08-2008, 04:41 PM
he is not good enough, doesn't score, has no pace or first touch to speak off and gives a fouls every 30 seconds. when he plays we play one way and one way only and thats hoofball.

i think NW and his backroom staff need to get back to the drawing board sharpish otherwise NW's prediction of 12th might even be too high.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by CPFC_DAVE77
Really? Reading your rpevious comments would suggest otherwise!

If we had someone playing off him it would make more sense, we could then at least play some football.

Lumping it forward winning it in the air (if we are lucky) to fall to no one whatsoever is pointless.

Aaroncpfc
16-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I think Scowcroft can be a very good squad player at this level but he just doesn't seem like a leading striker. Peter Taylor found that out as his persistence in playing Scow and not allowng either Clinton or Dickov get a long enough run to give them the confidence to score consistently got him the sack. Because of that evidence I think it's imperative that we get a player who's used to the leading striker role and has been rather succesful at it (Alan Lee).

I think Scowcroft will raise his game if another striker came in because there wouldn't be so much pressure on him.

Eagle Of Cray
16-08-2008, 05:01 PM
(or the cash for that matter) to get back every other weekend.

Yet you can afford the full Sky subscription. Palace don´t lose a single thing when ( Mod Edit) like you stay away.

stewart charles
16-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Why play James NOCroft up front on his own, why play him at all. 9 goals in 35 appearances last season. WE NEED STRIKERS. I apologise if this thread is similar in any way to previous ones, but we need a goal scorer, otherwise a mediocre season ahead.

henryhallandhisbasque
16-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Look, how about we just write this season off and start to get excited about life in the 1st Division the season after?

Hopefully, by then, Jordan will have sold the club that hasn't everything to the buyer with more money and sublime love of Palace than he has and we'll then be able to buy some strikers who can score some goals, build a new ground in Croydon that meets 21st century aspirations and general needs and allow Gary Oldman and his 50 something supporting cast into it to film a remake of The Firm.

In the meantime, let's cheer Warnock on to a happy retirement from football and a potential life running a small AA several starred hotel in Fowey, and watch looped videos of Crystal Palace circa 1989/90, when it actually was an exciting time to be a Palace fan.

Frankly, I cannot stand anymore of it for now.

HIPEMENT
16-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Its not his fault we need strikers!!! What would you want JS to do ??!!

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Sod it not in the mood to argue with ( Mod Edit).

FromSelhurst
16-08-2008, 05:27 PM
scowcroft flanked by a very mediocre in terms of scoring right winger and a left back was a very very cautious team. im glad it didnt work today if it means we dont try it again.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Not trying to justify myself to you because I don't have to but when you divide the cost between your housemates it comes up a lot cheaper then being able to afford making the trip to Palace and back.

Eagle Of Cray
16-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Sod it not in the mood to argue with ( Mod Edit).

With your attitude you will always be a *****. ( Mod Edit)

FraserH
16-08-2008, 05:34 PM
people need to get real scowie just simply isn't good enough,

Eagle Of Cray
16-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Not trying to justify myself to you because I don't have to

Well don´t then. (Mod Edit).

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Is somebody still talking?

Eagle Of Cray
16-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Is somebody still talking?

I wouldn´t expect you to be able to read as you obviously can´t write, ´font´??? Training to be a teacher aren´t you? Looks like you´ll be as good a teacher as you are a Palace fan. ( Mod Edit)

Eagle Of Cray
16-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Mod Edit

Another Oxted Eagle
16-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Blimey - only 2 games in and theres handbags flying everywhere. God forbid we lose against Burnley. There will be blood on the keyboards I tell ya

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I would much rather see us go to 4-4-2 with Moses playing off Scowie, little flicks with someone of Vic's pace could be used to far more devastating effect.

FromSelhurst
16-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I would much rather see us go to 4-4-2 with Moses playing off Scowie, little flicks with someone of Vic's pace could be used to far more devastating effect.

this is how it should be, victor has always been a striker growing up for club and country - englands top scorer in fifa u17 world cup, golden boot in u17 european championships why the •••• is he playing outwide. from the bench i cant even begin to fathom unless he was carrying a knock.

EMLEY EAGLE
16-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by FraserH

i think NW and his backroom staff need to get back to the drawing board sharpish otherwise NW's prediction of 12th might even be too high.

Is that what he predicted? I must have missed that.
Why is a manager predicting we will finish lower than last season.
Surely he should think that being in charge for the whole season he can improve our position

jobiinthelastmi
16-08-2008, 05:58 PM
He's an old goat! well past his best. Will never score goals.

He's a defensive midfielder at best, we need shot of him fast!

limited_edition
16-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I would much rather see us go to 4-4-2 with Moses playing off Scowie, little flicks with someone of Vic's pace could be used to far more devastating effect. Yeah, I'd have some of that v Burnley. With 2 wide men from Oster, Hills, Griffit or indeed Djalili with Derry and Carle in the middle. I wouldn't even waste a subs place on Ifill. We might run the risk of getting overrun in midfield with that formation, but in a home game, the emphasis is for us to go out and win it. Victor likes to drop deep anyway, so when we haven't got the ball it could be a 4-4-1-1.

thefox
16-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by EMLEY EAGLE
Surely he should think that being in charge for the whole season he can improve our position

He did say that ,but i think it was rather tongue in cheek.

pedro
16-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Morrisons goals were the main reason we went from 23rd to 5th last season anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves. We spent alot of these games creating hardly any chances and then the one sniff Clinton got he stuck it away, Scowcroft does not possess a goal poachers instinct and this is where we will come unstuck if we rely on him as the sole striker with the kids running around him.

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 06:20 PM

And if Warnock were to change the formation that did us so well last season, better than any of us had hoped for, and switch to what you suggest and it doesn't work, how long should he stick with it before people like you, the far more qualified a manager of CPFC than Warnock, be tell him to change it?

My guess would be the 2 games you have given him this season. :rolleyes:

FromSelhurst
16-08-2008, 06:26 PM
And if Warnock were to change the formation that did us so well last season, better than any of us had hoped for, and switch to what you suggest and it doesn't work, how long should he stick with it before people like you, the far more qualified a manager of CPFC than Warnock, be tell him to change it?

My guess would be the 2 games you have given him this season. :rolleyes:

we knicked alot of games last season playing 4 3 3 as a result of set plays. when sinclair came it worked far better at times in open play.

anyway 4 3 3 this season, so far with scowcroft up front alone doesnt look to be cutting it. why not play our best player in his best position .. makes sense to me.

GrayP41ace
16-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Morrisons goals were the main reason we went from 23rd to 5th last season anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves. We spent alot of these games creating hardly any chances and then the one sniff Clinton got he stuck it away, Scowcroft does not possess a goal poachers instinct and this is where we will come unstuck if we rely on him as the sole striker with the kids running around him.

Speroni was the main reason we did that. By I will agree with Morrisons goals we turned draws into wins, but playing the formation we did, we were solid and hard to break down which meant we often only needed to take that one chance that came along. But Scowcroft was a mainstay of the team and was as much a reason for us not tasting defeat for those two long spells.

I'm not saying he's our answer to the need for a 20 goal a season striker we need, but to say we won't win with him up top and playing 4-5-1 is laughable, the proof is there for all to see, 2007-2008 5th place. It clearly works, but after 2 games people now think it's shite, seriously, did last season not happen?

I appreciate this isn't what you have said but after 2 games some 'fans' think they know better than someone that is actually good enough to manage for a living.

etu
16-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pedro

Well, I'm just going to kid myself and say that Ben Watson's free-kicks were just as important is not more so.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 06:45 PM

Idiot. Sounds like Scowie should have had a penalty. He's obviously doing his job. But when you play Oster + a defender as support strikers you get what you deserve.

Disgraceful team selection from NW.

I never want to see such a defensive side put out again. It was ••••••• preston we were playing not man utd!

thought and hoped we'd lose when i saw the team he put out. You don't deserve to win when you do things like that. Hopefully now we can start playing Scannell and Moses and Fonte can come back in and we can start pushing up the table.

One step back to take ten steps forward.

Come on Palace.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by FromSelhurst
we knicked alot of games last season playing 4 3 3 as a result of set plays. when sinclair came it worked far better at times in open play.

anyway 4 3 3 this season, so far with scowcroft up front alone doesnt look to be cutting it. why not play our best player in his best position .. makes sense to me.

It was a 4-5-1. With a non-scorer up front. Sounds like Scowie was a handful and should have had a pen.

When NW puts out a side like that u dont deserve to win.

thefox
16-08-2008, 06:50 PM
A fit Scowroft with a goal scorer playing along side him in a front 2 will be a good proporsition.

Up front on his own though wont work as he isnt a goal scorer .
Was it 6 last year 2 or 3 due to defensive mistakes on the first day , one the year before (?) and 3 in the previous 2 years for coventry. I think so we cant rely on him to score goals for us as a loan striker.

Warnock has been trying to buy a goal scorer ,but no one has wanted to sign for us . IMO i think it is we cant afford to offer wages that other clubs do because we are paying Donqi 12 k(?) a week which we could be paying someone else.

I think Shipp ahoy however he first stated his point was trying to say Scowcroft up front on his own wont score goals and needs someone in the middle with him with pace in a central position near the goal . Not between the wing and middle in no mans land and i totally agree.

Warnock knows the problems he has tried to get players in, but to no avail due to clubs not releasing them (sinclair), been injured(yeates) or just wanting higher wages at other clubs .
He has been lumbered with little money and some rubbish players like Kuqi, craig, hughes etc or unfit injury prone players like Ifill taking up the wage funds. We all know who bought them.

I personally think we need wingers to cross the ball if we are playing a target man and i think warnock knows this as he has been trying to buy wingers. Would we be moaning if Sinclair and Yeates were playing for us on the wing with a fit Scowcroft winning the balls for a goal scorer that we could be paying with kuqi wages.

We simply dont have the money that other championship clubs or premiership clubs have.
Coventry were on the point of admin till a money man came in. Today they had Eastwood, Morrison and Mifasud in the starting line up and Best on the bench we could do with just one of them.
If players would rather play for premiership clubs reserve teams because it gives them more kudos , out on the pull in china whites then its not warnocks or jordans fault.

Yes 443 worked last year ,but a lot of goals came from morrison with the defenses opened up by sinclairs movement .
A large amount of our goals came from watsons set pieces or from a few passes after them.
Without those players we would have been close to relegation or even relegated. We dont have those players anymore or direct replacements.
433 will not work with the players we have.

With the players we currently have the best we can do is play scowcroft with either scanell or moses in the box alongside him so they can poach.
Personally scanell so moses can play a midfield role.

Its not perfect ,but as we have no real wingers and ifill is unfit we should play wingers from Soares , butterfield , Oster , Hills on the wing maybe moses( i can see him drifting to the middle though) at least that way we can get some crosses in and have another route of attack than just hoofing it up to scowcroft 40 yards out from goal with his back to it with no one to pick up his knock ons . Other than the opposition defence.

The problems are not Warnocks , Jordans and definitly not Scowcrofts fault . Just we havent got as much money as other clubs in the league.
Players leaving when their contract runs out with no warning the previous season dont help and definitly not fat ***ts like kuqi draining the club dry.

glaziers fan

It's not a coincidence that our best moments albeit lack of them on Saturday came when Moses and Scannell played between each other.

Why are you blaming Scowie then?

He's not in the side to score imho.

Scannell and Moses should be playing every game. I can only assume Sean is injured.

NW's fault without doubt. If Moses is fit enough to be on the bench he has to start.

Shipp Ahoy!
GF I did go on to say I would support a system with Scowie up top IF he had a supporting player.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FromSelhurst
scowcroft flanked by a very mediocre in terms of scoring right winger and a left back was a very very cautious team. im glad it didnt work today if it means we dont try it again.

exactly. Spot on.

NW 1 out of 10. A ••••••• disgrace.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 06:54 PM
GF I did go on to say I would support a system with Scowie up top IF he had a supporting player.

Why have u started a thread with Scowie being blamed then? It's easy to knock Scowie. We know he's not going to score the goals and yet he nearly won us a penalty.

It's not his fault he's completely isolated up front. Blame NW cos he ••••ed up royally.

But of course, it's not the done thing on here to blame NW who can do no wrong. Scowie is a much easier target.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Why have u started a thread with Scowie being blamed then? It's easy to knock Scowie. We know he's not going to score the goals and yet he nearly won us a penalty.

It's not his fault he's completely isolated up front. Blame NW cos he ••••ed up royally.

But of course, it's not the done thing on here to blame NW who can do no wrong. Scowie is a much easier target.

Errrr...

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I meant playing him up front on his own but where do I actually blame Scowie for this? I am having a go at the system we are playing which is picked by NW.

nottsunieagle
16-08-2008, 10:13 PM
When we played Clinton up front in a 4-3-3 we looked good - but that's only because with a little dude up top we were forced to play along the deck.

Since Warnock wants to persist with the formation, with Scowie we always look to lump it to the big man - if we had Clinton he may not have got goals, but we'd have looked better.

It's a hard balance. But i'm not writing off Warnock just yet.

FraserH
16-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EMLEY EAGLE

was a wind up comment taken from this article:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08082008/1/don-t-bet-promotion-warnock.html

jobiinthelastmi
16-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I loathe it when people use this line

"Scowcroft won loads of headers today"

Well ok fair enough, but what the hell does that proove exactly? we might as well stick Fonte or Hill upfront.

We could stick any player upfront, and Scowcroft is the only player who is exempt for criticism just because he wins a few headers which flick on to no one.

glaziers fan
17-08-2008, 12:33 AM

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I meant playing him up front on his own but where do I actually blame Scowie for this? I am having a go at the system we are playing which is picked by NW.

Sorry mate. Thought it was more slagging off of Scowie.

My thread title was slightly emotive as a result! ;)

I just think NW has to be blamed for this. Scowie is made to look shit cos he has no support.

glaziers fan
17-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by jobiinthelastmi
I loathe it when people use this line

"Scowcroft won loads of headers today"

Well ok fair enough, but what the hell does that proove exactly? we might as well stick Fonte or Hill upfront.

We could stick any player upfront, and Scowcroft is the only player who is exempt for criticism just because he wins a few headers which flick on to no one.

If he's winning headers, they are obviously not all bouncing straight out of the danger area. it's up to others to be in and around him to sniff out the opportunities and capitalise.

It's not Scowie's fault he's not being supported by Hills and Oster! (It's not their fault either - neither are strikers!)

Sheeps
18-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Lucky you, were you doing a full time professional course? Simply don't have the time (or the cash for that matter) to get back every other weekend. Chuck a clown shirt on and get the free bus from kent:D

GreatGonzo
18-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
He's not in the side to score imho.

Can you remind me which other stikers in English football, or even world football are not in the side to score? :eek:

What you have just said is we play 1 striker and he is not meant to get goals!

Matt_Hep
18-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Really hope we can turn it around..

Feel totally cheated, we could've been watching some of the best football at Palace for years this season with Moses, Scannell feeding Morrisson as the main poacher, would've been such intricate passing backed up by Watson/Carle/Soares but instead it seems we took the easy option and opted for a target man. A crying shame!

winterj
18-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by adrenalin john
Dyson or electrolux

I would have thought Clinton was more of a dyson fan myself.Maybe we should start a poll:D

eagle mart
18-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I was bored with our style 20mins into the watford game. Speroni to butterfield to Lawrence.... HOOOF up to Scowie, no where near him. Oh well.

Matt_Hep
18-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by eagle mart
I was bored with our style 20mins into the watford game. Speroni to butterfield to Lawrence.... HOOOF up to Scowie, no where near him. Oh well.

Yeah, could easily have been so different with the naturally talented players he had..

steve hail
18-08-2008, 10:26 AM
It seems we don't really have the players for the traditional hoof, kick and rush which has typified Palace down the years.

Perhaps we have the players to play passing football. Not sure when you could last say that of Palace.

I hope caution is passed to one side, the young players are given their heads, Nicky Carle is used as he should be used, and then we will see just how good Moses, Scannell and the rest are.

Maybe NW doesn't think they are ready, but perhaps circumstances will mean he again has to say bXgger it and pick them anyway.

Shipp Ahoy!
24-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Can't say too much as wasn't able to make the last game due to other commitments, but 3 games no goals doesn't take an Einstein to work out the system DOES NOT WORK!!! Interesting that although we played lower level opposition we actually scored goals the one game we changed it.

Well looks like we shall see now ;)

I hope to god though we go 4-4-2 for the next game or I fear we will get the same end product if not with someone slightly better equipped to play in that up top alone role.

red&blue_moomin
24-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Can't say too much as wasn't able to make the last game due to other commitments, but 3 games no goals doesn't take an Einstein to work out the system DOES NOT WORK!!! Interesting that although we played lower level opposition we actually scored goals the one game we changed it.

Well looks like we shall see now ;)

I hope to god though we go 4-4-2 for the next game or I fear we will get the same end product if not with someone slightly better equipped to play in that up top alone role.

ArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH

Its not the system it is'nt bloody finished yet. We still have to get two strikers in.

OneSize
24-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I completely agree, we still have to get 2 more strikers in...to go into the lone striker role, lol

red&blue_moomin
24-08-2008, 03:32 PM
We've let one striker go, another has been told he is free to find another club also we are trying to offload another striker on some unsuspecting mug. Thats one, two, three. We have to have cover also do we not? NW is going with 433, to his mind he has players to cover every position apart from Striker. Now with Scowie and Andrews CF is covered. What about striker? This way we can use either a 433 (when we played with Moses, Morrisson/Scowie, Sinclair up front the formation was pretty fluid anyway) or a 442 comfortably. What happens if said new striker gets an injury for say two to three months like AJ did a couple of seasons back? Right back at square one. Are you being deliberately short sighted here?

917L
24-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by red&blue_moomin
We've let one striker go,

We didnt 'let him go'

He chose not to sign new contract with the club

red&blue_moomin
24-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok ok, we obliquely let him go... better?

917L
24-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by red&blue_moomin
Ok ok, we obliquely let him go... better?

No because its nbot even close to being true

The club offered him a'good contract' he chose not to sign it

Therefore Clinton Morrison chose not to play for the club this season, not the other way around

Palace
24-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I appreciate this isn't what you have said but after 2 games some 'fans' think they know better than someone that is actually good enough to manage for a living.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this sort of thing said (by many, not just you Gray). How on earth can you say, simply because NW is manager of a football club that other people are not allowed to have views on how football is played.

Of course there are many who are blinded by Football Manager and believe themselves a master tactician, but the fact that somebody is not a professional manager does NOT mean that they can't be correct, or simply entitled to an opinion. Managers get it wrong ALL THE TIME, they are not infallible simply because of their position.

The large majority of proffesional managers were footballers themselves, given the gift of footballing talent and the opportunity to stay in the game as a manager when they get older. The rest of us have to get a job to pay the bills and cannot become a coach or manager (other than at a lower level). I would wager there are some better footballing tacticians managing Sunday League football than in the Football League.

I have faith in Warnock, but not unadulterated blind faith.

Shipp Ahoy!
27-08-2008, 12:31 AM
I think I should have simply said ONE UP FONT... FRONT ;)

Fck this, might as well forget any hope with the system we have right now, what a crock of shite.