PDA

View Full Version : NW you ••••••• idiot

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Don't EVER play with a crap right winger and a left back supporting the lone striker again. Even if we're playing chelsea or man utd I don't ever want to see this boring, negative and dull formation.

It's like playing with 10 defenders and expecting to score. It's not going to happen.

NW has to take full blame for this result. ••••••• stupid team selection.

Skiddo
16-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Chill out.

Ralph
16-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I half expected him to bring on Wayne Carlisle at right back.

prizesucker
16-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Is this a copy and pasted message from the PT era?

cpfcfan1
16-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Not really sure how to feel really. Obviously odd team selection but Neil thought he was doing right. Its easy for me to say what team I'd like but Im not a manager.

Neil will get it right and I still have 100% faith in him.

rainbow_child
16-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Don't EVER play with a crap right winger and a left back supporting the lone striker again. Even if we're playing chelsea or man utd I don't ever want to see this boring, negative and dull formation.

It's like playing with 10 defenders and expecting to score. It's not going to happen.

:S: :S: :S:

Clearly a crap manager without a clue.

Can some one please remind me who took us from the relegation places to 5th place last season it seems to have slipped my mind?

We are only 3 games into the new season for gods sake!!

917L
16-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Get over yourself FFS

jobiinthelastmi
16-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Hills, Lawrence and Scowcroft aren't even fit they have barely played. Puzzled to think how they are all starting games......

Needs to have a serious re-think, but we need strikers!

Skiddo
16-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not worried just yet. Managers can have off days, as well as players.

I will be worried if September 1st arrives and we haven't bought a new striker in.

Who knows, maybe the signing we all hope for is around the corner in the next few days. Fingers crossed anyway.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by rainbow_child
:S: :S: :S:

Clearly a crap manager without a clue.

Can some one please remind me who took us from the relegation places to 5th place last season it seems to have slipped my mind?

We are only 3 games into the new season for gods sake!!

Kember once took us to the top of the table. Alan Smith took us up once.

Maybe we should get them back too.

JAT

peagle
16-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I will start by saying that i was not at the game and am basing this solely on previous performances, other peoples opinions on the game and listening to the game on the radio. However, NW team selection was a strange one today, one that was designed to get us a draw i think. This obviously did not work against a good preston team.

Hills is very fast and generally has looked good when attacking in the past. It also sounded on the radio as if he was giving the preston defence some hassle and was responsible for a couple of good shots. I have heard also however, some people who attended saying he was poor so i do not know wat to think.

Oster, who I have also heard bad things about from people at the game, was playing out of position in my opinion as he should be playing further back and spreading the play before going forward to make crosses. The commentator said he played excellently however so I don't know again.

The lone striker was Scowcroft who I do not rate at all and therefore i am not surprised we did not score. If we do not sign a new striker we will struggle BADLY.

I blame NW for todays poor showing (allthought the result was what i expected) however we should not be over-reacting like this to a couple of bad performances. Relax guys it'll be ok in the end I'm sure :D

917L
16-08-2008, 07:13 PM

JAT

So we should sack Warnock according to you?

The most pointless, idiotic, overreaction of a thread Ive ever seen on the BBS

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:13 PM
So there's a striking position left.

Hills ( a left back) or Oster (a right winger who's crap)???

Yeah leave Dougie Freedman in the reserves, and Vic Moses on the bench. Complete madness

This season will be incredibly dull neil, if you play with team selections like that.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 917L
So we should sack Warnock according to you?

The most pointless, idiotic, overreaction of a thread Ive ever seen on the BBS

No, I didn't say that did I? But you can't live off someone's past successes.

I think NW will turn it around. But to counter the idiotic notion that somehow it's Scowie's fault, i thought I'd make a thread so that the person who's real fault it is can get some stick for once.

And it's not after-timing either.

Palacemad2002
16-08-2008, 07:19 PM

JAT

Yeah and Warnocks turned into a shit manager over one pre season has he?
The one and MAJOR difference between the two men you mention and Warnock is they pretty much only ever managed at Palace and never had a knack for the job (Smith inherited Coppells team to win promotion), Warnock however is a manager with a proven track record and is as tough as Bulldog on a cold winter morning.
Your the type of supporter that expects miracles and success over night by the sounds of things.
It takes teams time to settle in at the start of the season and make there mark.
If you actually listened to the game today there where some promising signs...we just lack a striker and as soon as one comes we'll have a reason to start playing forward.

917L
16-08-2008, 07:19 PM
No, I didn't say that did I? But you can't live off someone's past successes.

Past success? its 2 league games into the new season with a big change in personnel, what do you expect? us to win every game? Its not like we havent lost at Preston before is it

etu
16-08-2008, 07:21 PM
How about refraining from overblown tirades all together?

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Past success? its 2 league games into the new season with a big change in personnel, what do you expect? us to win every game? Its not like we havent lost at Preston before is it

When you're struggling to score goals, the last thing you do is put Scowie up top on his own, with a defender and a midfielder playing as make-shift strikers.

It was an appalling decision, and past excellence or not, NW deserves to be slated for it.

Especially as all the knives will be out for Scowcroft (see Shipp Ahoy's post).

I have confidence NW can turn it around, but already we're 5 points off the pace and I'm furious with neil. if we had lost 2-0 going for it i wouldn't have minded. but that team selection was gutless.

delboy01
16-08-2008, 07:25 PM
If we get to november with only two wins I will start to complain!!

Preston beat ipswich away and ipswich win away today. Looks like they are a good team.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by etu
How about refraining from overblown tirades all together?

cos the fact that NW ••••ed up deserves to be mentioned. You can't live off past records. they are in the past.

No doubt NW is the best manager we've had in SJ's tenure. I am a big fan of his. But today he got it wrong. Pure and simple.

Oh and ffs, can everyone please lay off Scowie? He's not a goalscorer. I'm sure he'd tell you that himself. Thanks.

Biggineagle
16-08-2008, 07:29 PM

Obviously stuck back in the Glazier era:clown:

Its only the drink talking GF right???

But then again you are half right the team picked played reasonbly well but the chances of us scoring were prety poor. It was a team picked to draw 0-0 not to win 5=0. trouble is you go a goal down, then your struggling, would much rather we went out with the intention of winng than nicking a late goal

917L
16-08-2008, 07:31 PM
So what would your reaction have been, if we had lost 2-0 with Scannell and Moses or Dougie playing?

Would you have started this pathetic thread?

eagles #1
16-08-2008, 07:32 PM
"Must seek attention"

Timbo
16-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Chill out.

Yeah man! :afro:........... Like NW seems to be

<_tece_>
You can't live off past records. they are in the past.

Of course, Steve Coppell is a mug for getting relegated, and Dougie is slow and shit... :hmph:

P.S. I know what you're saying, but I still think you're over-reacting. Turns out Neil got it wrong, but you can see why he played the team he did. Hills has done very well in that left-wing position, and Oster played very well against Hereford on the right.

(Although personally, I think Lawrence should be nowhere near the first team)

etu
So, simply because he got it wrong, the rest of us have to read you going on as if he'd ran over your pet cat in every single thread on the board?

It happens from time to time. Get over it. Its incredibly boring for anyone who has the misfortune to read six of the same posts in a row, not to mention really rather negative.

Skiddo
I'm all for people getting upset and angry at results, I've been there myself, but we've still got 44 games to go.

Lets see how our results fare in the next few games before we all start sticking our heads in the oven and calling it a day.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:36 PM
So what would your reaction have been, if we had lost 2-0 with Scannell and Moses or Dougie playing?

Would you have started this pathetic thread?

No, I would have said well done to Neil for at least trying and that we needed to bring some strikers in. You can't criticise the lack of strikers when NW puts a team out like that.

But I knew all the sycophantic brown-nosers would be onto me like a ton of bricks for daring to criticise NW.

I just want this error of his highlighted. Hopefully we can forgive and forget and move on.

I still think we can do well this season. NW is the right man in charge.

Maz
Big girl's blouse.

The Omen
I must admit, I'm disappointed with the strikers we've brought in so far compared to other teams in the league.

When you look at Coventry, Wolves, Ipswich, Norwich - we look very very weak up front and I'm not overly convinced by the players we've been linked with.

I hope NW knows what he's doing, because I think the starting 11 we have at the moment will struggle...

Shipp Ahoy!
16-08-2008, 07:37 PM
No problem with playing Lee Hills down the left wing, actually think he could do good for us there. But we need something up front with Scowie any idiot can see that.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by <_tece_>
you can see why he played the team he did. Hills has done very well in that left-wing position, and Oster played very well against Hereford on the right.

(Although personally, I think Lawrence should be nowhere near the first team)

Whenever Hills has played in that position we've looked really poor going forward.

Oster, despite the fluked goal, people said was rubbish in the hereford game.

cpfcben
16-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Don't EVER play with a crap right winger and a left back supporting the lone striker again. Even if we're playing chelsea or man utd I don't ever want to see this boring, negative and dull formation.some ti

Did you go to the game?
It is going to take some time for us to get the team right for this season. Expect a few more changes before the right formula is found.

917L
16-08-2008, 07:43 PM

And lots said he was our best player..

gcwhite
16-08-2008, 07:44 PM
What a load of old bollocks. I'm flouncing.

aj4england
16-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Neil is currently failing -face facts ,but ofcourse he can turn it around.

He created a great team sprit and team belief last season which has at least in part gone . Hudson,Watson Clinton saga's and the treatment of Dougie have all contributed to this. Personally I thought he made some fatal mistakes in the play off's .But he did exceptionally well to get us there - success or failure is football as we know is a fine line.

The season is 3 games old and he has not asssembled the squad he wants/needs. He should have done this by now. His choice of formation and use of unfit players is worrying.
We all hope he can turn it around but with little money to play with the season begins to look ominous. A morale boasting win is needed as is a c ouple of quality additions .

David Amsalem
16-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Shut up Glaziers Fan.

For once.

Seagulleater
16-08-2008, 07:58 PM

JAT so did dowie and looked what happened to him:clown:

David Amsalem
16-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by David Amsalem
Shut up Glaziers Fan.

For once.

Further to this, the other day when we performed badly against Watford, I was one of many who gave negatives reviews of the match. But I done so in a proper manner.

On the back of my above quote, I know that it's pretty rich of me to say be constructive, but ffs man, be constructive about your points and people will debate with you whether they agree, disagree and there are even some people who will even if they have no opinion.

But when you have such a pathetic title, don't expect anything other then the deserved abuse.

Seagulleater
16-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Shut up Glaziers Fan.

For once. :lux:

917L
16-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Further to this, the other day when we performed badly against Watford, I was one of many who gave negatives reviews of the match. But I done so in a proper manner.

On the back of my above quote, I know that it's pretty rich of me to say be constructive, but ffs man, be constructive about your points and people will debate with you whether they agree, disagree and there are even some people who will even if they have no opinion.

But when you have such a pathetic title, don't expect anything other then the deserved abuse.

:p

Jordan's Jacket
16-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Fact is we are not going to win many games playing hoof ball with the team we have.

NW has his favourites (Scowie and Lawrence in particular) and must change the team, the formation and the tactics. How Lawrence gets anywhere near the first team is a mystery to me. He is shocking

adrenalin john
16-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Jordan's Jacket
How Lawrence gets anywhere near the first team is a mystery to me. He is shocking

He is a very able defender, but I wouldn't call him electric

Oddjob
16-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by adrenalin john
He is a very able defender, but I wouldn't call him shocking.

I think he's very much a Warnock player, his heart is clearly in it and he will give you 110% to use a cliche, but he will get found out very easily, theres a point when you have to stop relying on last ditch tackles and blocks, when positional sense and timing comes into play, and I don't think he has it.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 08:19 PM

Wrong choice of title but I have been quite constructive other than that. I think i was just PISSED OFF to see the usual criticism of scowcroft and lack of strikers.

It wasn't Scowie's fault that NW didn't pick a striker to play alongside him and left him isolated.

So I apologise for the thread title but I stand by my constructive criticism.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 08:20 PM

hypocrisy is fine then if I'm on the receiving end?

Wanker.

adrenalin john
16-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Playing 4-5-1, is all about breaking with pace.

We no longer have sinclair with pace or watson to hit the pass.

Space will only appear for us now if we have gone a goal up and the opposition are chasing the game.

Rather like under PT, scoring first has become too important.

Maybe time for a re-think and a switch to Benitez's favourite system

4 -2 -3-1

with derry and (watson I wish) fletcher being the two

and any three from Carle Moses Soares Scannel Ifill Hills being the three ( I like the fact that all of those players can run with the ball)

Scowcoft is clearly the one, unless we manage to prise Torres away from Liverpool.

I think this formation may well prove just as stable defensively but make us a more free flowing attacking unit. It should suit the players we have.

Oddjob
16-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't think JS is the focal point of a 4-5-1, you have to have some semblance of being able to hold the ball up, which he really doesn't seem to possess

David Amsalem
16-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
Don't think JS is the focal point of a 4-5-1, you have to have some semblance of being able to hold the ball up, which he really doesn't seem to possess

I agree. There is much more to a target man then being a good header of the ball.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Playing 4-5-1, is all about breaking with pace.

We no longer have sinclair with pace or watson to hit the pass.

4-2-3-1

with derry and (watson I wish) fletcher being the two

and any three from Carle Moses Soares Scannel Ifill Hills being the three

We have scannell with pace. We have Moses with the skill.

Would like to see Sinclair back as well though. And watson back in the side.

And you're right about where Soares needs to be playing.

But Ifill is not fit enough and Hills is not skillful enough to play as a left winger - he's better coming forwards from full-back.

Oddjob
16-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree. There is much more to a target man then being a good header of the ball.

And I'd argue JS isnt even that great in the air, when the ball is played up to him he seems to spend 80% of challenges bending forward in front of the centre half looking for a foul.

David Amsalem
16-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I do agree but not totally only simply because when he first joined from Cov, he won an incredible amount of headers.

Dave
16-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I bet Moses, Scannel and Hills are loving this.

PJJY
16-08-2008, 08:55 PM
And I'd argue JS isnt even that great in the air, when the ball is played up to him he seems to spend 80% of challenges bending forward in front of the centre half looking for a foul.

Agree 100%

I wish he'd spend abit more time jumping and actually trying to get the ball than trying to win fouls (and often giving them away in the process).

He really does kill the game with the constant free kicks everytime the ball's played up to him

Slimbloke'H'
16-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by gcwhite
What a load of old bollocks. I'm flouncing. I agree... but I'm afraid you're not flouncing, I am - and so's my wife.

Aaroncpfc
16-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Colin did get it wrong today. But even with the eleven that finished last season on a high I still don't think we would have won today. I'll give Preston credit. Were it's due - they should be a very hard team for anybody to beat on travel this season.

I'm not going to give Glaziers Fan any abuse for the title because he's been more constructive since calming down. But I will say that if there's a day this season when 'Warnock out' chants start ringing then it would be one of the saddest days in this clubs history, we would have the reputation of the most fickle fans in the country and would probably put off any decent manager managing this club.

Celestial Empire
16-08-2008, 09:18 PM
You can't live off past records. they are in the past.

You keep saying this, then you call for the reinstatement of Freedman !:rolleyes:
ShefU fans warned us that NW is prone to very odd selections on occasion.
Anyone who has watched his management in the past, also knows that he is not a very good judge of a striker/striking pair.
PT left out Clint and threatened to take us down, NW turned the season round with goals from Clint, which was pretty fortuitous since he doesn't seem to rate Clint.
Lee for £550K looks a decent buy but won't be enough by itself, the guy is bound to take some injuries - since he throws himself around quite a lot. We've had the whole Summer to get in some decent striking talent, and failed yet again. Worst part is that we risk wasting the few precious years that our better youngsters will spend at the club, by not supporting them with experienced strikers.
GF may be well over the top, but there is plenty of reason for concern.

Sussex Eagle
16-08-2008, 09:19 PM
How can gf have had the ammo to make 25 GPD posts tonight when he wasn't at the game? :confused:

CHERRY TREE BRB
16-08-2008, 09:22 PM
He is a very able defender, but I wouldn't call him electric

Nothing wrong with Lawrence, but don't get me started on the muppet playing alongside him. Hill in the middle, or start with Ertl/Fonte, so far McCarthy has been shocking

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
How can gf have had the ammo to make 25 GPD posts tonight when he wasn't at the game? :confused:

I wasn't counting but it's cos I am able to analyse team selection weaknesses and not just jump on the popular bandwagon of criticising scowie/ a lack of strikers.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CHERRY TREE BRB
Nothing wrong with Lawrence, but don't get me started on the muppet playing alongside him. Hill in the middle, or start with Ertl/Fonte, so far McCarthy has been shocking

he was our best player against watford apparently.

I'm going to be at the next home game. Will be interesting to see for my own eyes what the hell is going on!

Slimbloke'H'
16-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I wasn't counting but it's cos I am able to analyse team selection weaknesses and not just jump on the popular bandwagon of criticising scowie/ a lack of strikers. What was it gcwhite said again...?

Ah yes, 'What a load of old bollocks.'

Godstone Eagle
16-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I wasn't counting but it's cos I am able to analyse team selection weaknesses

:D :D You dont half talk some bollox..

sibzamini
16-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cpfcfan1

Neil will get it right and I still have 100% faith in him.

David Amsalem
16-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm going to be at the next home game. Will be interesting to see for my own eyes what the hell is going on!

Good grief, if you're this opinionated when you haven't been... :eek:

JohnA
16-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
I will be worried if September 1st arrives and we haven't bought a new striker in.

Who knows, maybe the signing we all hope for is around the corner in the next few days. Fingers crossed anyway.

Have you read the thraed about a distressed club?

Dog & Bull Bri
16-08-2008, 10:08 PM
for f**ks sake what is wrong with you people get behind the team

Dog & Bull Bri
16-08-2008, 10:16 PM

I'm going to be at the next home game. Will be interesting to see for my own eyes what the hell is going on! you try and manage the team then????

rbarmy
16-08-2008, 10:20 PM

Are you saying that you've started this thread and come out with all these opinions without actually seeing a game?

Gladys Allover
16-08-2008, 10:29 PM
glaziers fan is the only person i have on ignore and a timely reminder why!

Barbara4003
16-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Gladys Allover
glaziers fan is the only person i have on ignore and a timely reminder why!

Aawww - that's a bit harsh. He means well and I've sort of taken to him after my initial spat with him about Tom Soares :)

limited_edition
16-08-2008, 10:59 PM
And I'd argue JS isnt even that great in the air, when the ball is played up to him he seems to spend 80% of challenges bending forward in front of the centre half looking for a foul. Yep.

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
What was it gcwhite said again...?

Ah yes, 'What a load of old bollocks.'

It's easy to criticise without putting your head on the block and offering your own opinions.

This BBS is all about them. Why don't you offer some instead of talking bollocks yourself by criticisng me. No-one truly interested in CPFC is bothered about what you think of me - they only want to know about the game etc.

You go to the games and are a good judge. Why don't you offer your opinions instead of wasting your time just to have a dig at me?

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Dog & Bull Bri
you try and manage the team then????

Boring. Why don't you offer some opinions or do you just not have any?

I agree we need to get behind the lads. That is 100% true and I always support them on the pitch. if that's all you've got to say then you're wasting your time posting on the BBS cos you have nothing further to add.

But thanks all the same for your trite, dull and hackneyed comments. Enjoy the season.

jobiinthelastmi
16-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by CHERRY TREE BRB

Look

Lawrence is finished!

His legs are gone! he's at the end of his career. End of!

Where is the future of the club in playing Lawrence when we have one of the best technical defenders at the club on the bench who is only 24?

<_tece_>
16-08-2008, 11:44 PM
If you take the initials of Glaziers Fan, and put 'IL' in the middle of them, what do you get?

<_tece_>
16-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Whenever Hills has played in that position we've looked really poor going forward.

Wouldn't have thought so... :lux: :vader: :moo: :clown: :( :eek: :p

glaziers fan
16-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Godstone Eagle
:D :D You dont half talk some bollox..

Oh so either you agree with the team selection, have no opinion on it or you don't think we can comment on it if we're not there?

I can't comment on the match. But I can comment on what I perceive as a poor team selection. Even if we'd won I'd have thought it a poor selection. I thought it was poor vs Bristol City when they equalised in the last minute (we didn't deserve to win) and extremely negative. It was only when we started playing Moses and Sinclair that the results changed for us after an appalling spell which nearly cost us our promotion chances.

I hoped NW would have learnt from that. It seems not unfortunately and it doesn't actually look like we're giving it a real go when Preston, who finished low down the table last season, are so good that we need to defend cautiously. Hardly inspiring for the season that we're actually going to try to score goals and be entertaining when NW plays with such negativity.

rbarmy
16-08-2008, 11:49 PM

Are you saying that you've started this thread and come out with all these opinions without actually seeing a game?

<_tece_>
16-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh so either you agree with the team selection, have no opinion on it or you don't think we can comment on it if we're not there?

I can't comment on the match. But I can comment on what I perceive as a poor team selection. Even if we'd won I'd have thought it a poor selection. I thought it was poor vs Bristol City when they equalised in the last minute (we didn't deserve to win) and extremely negative. It was only when we started playing Moses and Sinclair that the results changed for us after an appalling spell which nearly cost us our promotion chances.

I hoped NW would have learnt from that. It seems not unfortunately and it doesn't actually look like we're giving it a real go when Preston, who finished low down the table last season, are so good that we need to defend cautiously. Hardly inspiring for the season that we're actually going to try to score goals and be entertaining when NW plays with such negativity.

I do sort of agree with your message. But the fact that you are criticising players (Oster) without having seen them yourself seems a bit weird. :bash:

RDSdaEAGLE
16-08-2008, 11:58 PM

I think you've been very quick to judge Warnock's selection and rather than wait to hear what he's had to say, you've gone and flamed his selection. For all we know, Scannell may have been injured.

My impression is that Warnock set the team out to counter-attack, to soak up the pressure and to hit Preston on the counter. Now, from the radio commentary and the opinion of those at the game, it sounded like we struggled to perform that task in the first half.

The second half sounded like we caused more problems and - from what I can tell - had it not been for two or three good saves from Lonergan, we may have scored a goal or two. As these things go, when a team is looking for a goal, the subsequently leave gaps in defence and it sounds like that happened for Preston's second goal. That, and the blatant penalty call could have completely changed the game for us.

Where do we go from here? I'm not sure. I have a feeling that we're running out of money, that we can't afford new signings and that we'll subsequently struggle to fix the problems that we're facing. Watson needs to be sold just to level the books. If Warnock is being told that to buy he needs to sell, then Watson will be the key player to leave.

You have to remember that Warnock is a human being like all of us and will no doubt feel the same frustrations as you do. He will feel dissapointed with the result and will want to fix it - he may have a difference of opinion on whom to pick, but you can guarantee that the result will have riled him.

Again, all I can say is that after just two league games, you MUST be patient. I don't think Warnock is stupid, and I think he'll find a way to fix our lack of goals - but now is not the time for rash judgement. Patience.

jobiinthelastmi
17-08-2008, 12:09 AM
To counter attack you need a quick forward. This isn't an option at the moment.

The only way I can see us scoring goals is getting the ball wide and let Scannell and Moses run into the box and cause a bit of panic.

We need a senior striker that can run the lines, do the job with pace and some goal scoring ability. Someone to hold the ball up and take some of the pressure away. We haven't got this striker at the club so we need to act fast and bring someone in,

It's not usual for Warnock to be short in strikers..... so I guess he must have some cards up his sleeve.

Jim Cannon
17-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
I half expected him to bring on Wayne Carlisle at right back.

Leave it out, Alan Smith knew exactly what he was doing:)

glaziers fan
17-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by jobiinthelastmi
To counter attack you need a quick forward. This isn't an option at the moment.

The only way I can see us scoring goals is getting the ball wide and let Scannell and Moses run into the box and cause a bit of panic.

Which is why it is baffling that Moses was dropped, especially as Scannell was dropped (Or injured) so missing too.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
17-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Is he still going on?