PDA

View Full Version : Kieran's the real deal

eagleforlife
22-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Last season it was Sean Scannell, Lee Hills and Victor Moses.

This season it, it's going to be Kieran Djilali.

It's only my opinion, but the boy looks ready.

At this morning's pre-Burnley press conference Neil said Kieran was "playing better than anyone at the club".

I watched him in Wednesday's reserve game against Charlton and his second half display was simply awesome.
Click here!

Scannell is likely to miss tomorrow with a back strain - so what has Neil got to lose, throw the lad in.

Thank the Lord that Neil's tied him down the club - with scouts from West Ham and Spurs at Bromley on Wednesday, the last thing the club needs is another John Bostock fiasco.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/crystalpalaceblog/Kieran-s-real-deal/article-284851-detail/article.html

cpfc4evandeva
22-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I like the lad from what I saw of him against Crawley.

GDP
22-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I'd definately have him at least on the bench. Depends how fit Ifill is and what frame of mind since being transfer listed.

lanepe
22-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Seen him a few times now and he looks very promising indeed. I would hope he is on the bench tomorrow. If Sean isn't quite back from his injury then Kieran would seem ideal to replace him.

TurkeyTwizzler
22-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I wouldnt start him. We haven't scored yet and its very unfair to put a boy in for his debut when the fans are getting frustrated at the lack of goals, its too much responsibility for somebody trying to get accustomed to adult Championship football.

Bench and last 10 minutes if we are winning i'd say.

What have we got to lose?.... A young boy's confidence.

Nelson Muntz
22-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TurkeyTwizzler
I wouldnt start him. We haven't scored yet and its very unfair to put a boy in for his debut when the fans are getting frustrated at the lack of goals, its too much responsibility for somebody trying to get accustomed to adult Championship football.

Bench and last 10 minutes if we are winning i'd say.

What have we got to lose?.... A young boy's confidence. Agree totally.

glaziers fan
22-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Bench for both him and dayton please.

Shipp Ahoy!
22-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by GDP
I'd definately have him at least on the bench. Depends how fit Ifill is and what frame of mind since being transfer listed.

I can't see any player currently on the transfer list playing for CPFC again, certainly not for the meantime.

I would be astounded if Paul is anywhere near the 16 tomorrow.

CPFC87
22-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by GDP

Ifil- play Djiibri or whatever his name is from the start or bench. Ifil hasn't done shit to warrant his place.

GDP
22-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
I can't see any player currently on the transfer list playing for CPFC again, certainly not for the meantime.

I would be astounded if Paul is anywhere near the 16 tomorrow.

Probably right, but if Scannell is not gonna make it, it certainly cuts our options down.

Not sure about Oster.

GDP
22-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CPFC87
Ifil- play Djiibri or whatever his name is from the start or bench. Ifil hasn't done shit to warrant his place.

TurkeyTwizzler already mentioned that it could do more harm than good as we haven't scored yet and fans have been a bit disallusioned.

I think he'll be on the bench.

Owngoal
22-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Feel sorry for Ifill who has been desperate to get fit, got a goal and had a good shot on Wednesday night - he did 20 time more than kuqi against Charlton. Keiran was exciting to watch and as said in the reserves reprt should be given a chance for the last 20 minutes or so if play allows it (or we're behind!).

The Sniper
22-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Does he clap the fans?

Shipp Ahoy!
22-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Owngoal
Feel sorry for Ifill who has been desperate to get fit, got a goal and had a good shot on Wednesday night - he did 20 time more than kuqi against Charlton. Keiran was exciting to watch and as said in the reserves reprt should be given a chance for the last 20 minutes or so if play allows it (or we're behind!).

Doesn't sound like he has been exactly desperate from the sound of it, one of the reasons he is on the transfer list. Neil none too happy with his attitude.

stevek
22-08-2008, 02:04 PM
He looked very dangerous against Hereford.

bradpitt
22-08-2008, 02:04 PM
What's his favoured position?

GreatGonzo
22-08-2008, 02:15 PM
If he is likely to play in the first team, i wonder if Shaun Derry has found out his name yet! :D

ZOHAR
22-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Eagles boss Neil Warnock has hinted academy graduate Kieran Djilali could become an important part of his first-team plans this season.

The 17-year-old only put pen to paper on his first professional contract last week, but after a superb second-half display in the Palace reserves 3-1 win over Charlton on Wednesday night, it seems Djilali is likely to add to his solitary senior appearance which came in the 2-1 Carling Cup win over Hereford last week.

And Warnock has underlined Djilali's potential after admitting he has been amazed by the winger's blistering start to the season.

"Kieran is playing better than anyone at the club at the moment - I wanted to name him on the bench for the Preston game but we already had three attacking players as subs.

"I want to bring players like Kieran through."

Meanwhile, teenage winger Sean Scannell is still struggling with the back strain that kept him out of last Saturday's defeat to Preston and is touch and go for the visit of Burnley tomorrow (Saturday)

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/palacelatest/Warnock-hints-Djilali-role/article-284771-detail/article.html