PDA

View Full Version : Kuqi Staying Put

Typical Palace
31-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I've heard on good authority that Shefki has absolutely no intention of going to any other club. He has let the club know that he is so disgusted by the way he's been treated (!) that he is willing to sit there and pick up his wages (reportedly 12K) for the two years remaining on his contract.

Presumably the cash flow situation means that Palace cannot currently afford to pay him off with a lump sum (as happened with Ruddock and Pollock) to cut their loses.

Sadly, he has, at 31 (nearly 32), no ambition to play and is happy to bleed our club dry for no return.

No club is going to touch him on those wages, when he's over weight, unfit.

Looks like we're well and truly stuck :sob:

greybot
31-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Despicable behaviour :veryangry

ZOHAR
31-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Get him flipping burgers on matchdays instead. On second thoughts, that's another surefire way to bankrupt us!

unsensibleLiam
31-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Can we not sack him for the gesture to the fans? Or his comments about Palace in the Ipswich paper?

Tomo
31-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Before the incident the way he was treated was despicable.

Typical Palace
31-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by greybot
Despicable behaviour :veryangry
True, from our point of view.

But if he thinks he can do zilch for two years and pick up 12K a week instead of earning Half (or less) and work hard and play, there's not a lot we can do. From a financial point of view one can see why he'd do it. Sort of.

Still despicable as you say.

Jimbocpfc
31-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Bollocks, the bloke is paid thousands of pounds a week to play football, he couldnt hack it and deserved to be treated like he did. Lets not feel sorry for the overpaid, overweight stavros!

Isle of Wight
Get him to clean the boots of the teams inc the reserves and the yoof. If he doesn't do it properly fire him for failure to do his job.

917L
Originally posted by Typical Palace
I've heard on good authority that Shefki has absolutely no intention of going to any other club. He has let the club know that he is so disgusted by the way he's been treated (!) that he is willing to sit there and pick up his wages (reportedly 12K) for the two years remaining on his contract.

Presumably the cash flow situation means that Palace cannot currently afford to pay him off with a lump sum (as happened with Ruddock and Pollock) to cut their loses.

Sadly, he has, at 31 (nearly 32), no ambition to play and is happy to bleed our club dry for no return.

He hasnt got 2 years left on his contract

Just 10 or 11 months

oz_da II
Sounds like he is doing a Bogarde...

Norwoodguy
31-08-2008, 12:49 PM
In fairness Shefki was pretty much written off on arrival here.....I can remember all the rumours of who we were "about" to sign......and then we got Kuqi for £2m+

It was not our finest hour in the transfer market - and sadly it did not work out for either party. He was always the easy target in a poorly performing team.........

If this is true - which I do doubt in all honesty - then Neil and SJ need to address this, sit down with the fella and sort this mess out.

Nth Kent Eagle
31-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Amazing really, that footballers have no clauses in their contracts mentioning their performance or attitude. Surely, his failure to keep his weight down, or hit a barn door from 5 yards or his aversion to jumping to head a ball means that he has not lived up to his side of the bargain.

Watching him in the friendly at Dartford it was clear that he was a) no more dangerous than the non-league strikers and b) he was content to play in the resrves with no pressure and without appearing to have a care in the world. He congratualted their goalkeeper on making a save off him.

Surely the contarct must state that Palace can make him do whatever is requested by management. Make him clean the players boots and give him a broom to sweep the bar floors.

oz_da II
31-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Nth Kent Eagle
Surely the contarct must state that Palace can make him do whatever is requested by management. Make him clean the players boots and give him a broom to sweep the bar floors.

I'll take the wildest of all guesses and say it doesn't. Who would sign a contract like that?

Super-Ste-Cious
31-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jimbocpfc
Bollocks, the bloke is paid thousands of pounds a week to play football, he couldnt hack it and deserved to be treated like he did. Lets not feel sorry for the overpaid, overweight stavros!

Im sorry but it was quite clear that many fans never seemed to want him to succeed here. As for the overweight comment, not soo much - he came into where I work last Monday and is looking far slimmer and fitter.

GDP
31-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Im sure i've read he's in his last year of his contract.

Horrible turd!

pauldrulez
I gave him the first 6 months after his signing and then wrote him off. Fat, unfit and not averse to kebab shops. His attitude around the place stinks from what I have heard and last year in that 6 game run in the team, he cost us automatic promotion ending our unbeaten run and after being kicked back out we started another one. Coincidence, I think not.

Make him train on his own on a corner of the training ground, dont let him play reserves. Ruin his career completely. At least Blackburn dont get the many add-ons. And he doesnt get his bonuses.

swanleyeagle86
I wouldnt want him anywhere near the rest of the squad. morale is already down, why have a sulking lump to make it even worse! If we cant get rid and have to pay him anyway, i'd just tell him not to turn up for training/matches and leave him on gardening leave!

palacemaniac
31-08-2008, 12:58 PM
You can buy a lot of Kebabs on 12k per week, I'm sure I'd be overweight on that sort of money, I almost feel sorry for the guy

philsick
31-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Tomo
Before the incident the way he was treated was despicable.

Though i do not condone,or have ever booed one of our players.He was given plenty of time before people started to get sick of him.He had one decent game in 2 seasons and he lived off the back of that game for a while.His attitude was completely shit,which when you lack any ability,is something you need in abundance.

Simply the worst signing the club has ever made by a long,long,long way.He's like a rusty anvil tied around the clubs neck.Maybe we could all chip in and pay him off.

thefox
31-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I imagine left on his contract :

48 weeks at £12,000 = £576,000

576,000/ 14000 fans = £41.14

Whose up for that ?

payments by paypal or collection buckets outside the ground on saturday

We should check his job description and see what we can get him to do by playing on the wording .

Can we send him on loan to a park football team as we are going to be paying the wages anyway ?

Billy Rhino
31-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
Im sorry but it was quite clear that many fans never seemed to want him to succeed here. As for the overweight comment, not soo much - he came into where I work last Monday and is looking far slimmer and fitter.
Do you really honestly believe that some fans do not want a player to succeed at Palace? Why? I'm befuddled!

Shipp Ahoy!
31-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I blame the person who signed him and put him on that £12k a week contract in the first place!

Owngoal
31-08-2008, 02:00 PM
We should manage the situation and if he is overweight fine him repeatedly, at least make him work for the money. As i've said before Wayne Andrews was no shakes as a footballer but he tried and was incredibly likeable. Kuqi has not talent and just grates. However, we have a number of posters on here who think he could be the answer. The last reserve game, where i think he really tried, showed that he is just not up to it.

jobiinthelastmi
31-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Just a complete turd!

Keep docking his wages for being unfit!

Dazron
31-08-2008, 02:02 PM
F*ck him

AJ's right boot
31-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Some should sneak some sort of 'perforance enhacing drug' into his pasta. Get him drug tested and sacked. job done.

Typical Palace
31-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 917L
He hasnt got 2 years left on his contract

Just 10 or 11 months
I stand to be corrected but I thought he'd signed a four year contract and has two left.

917L
31-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I stand to be corrected but I thought he'd signed a four year contract and has two left.

Stand corrected then, he signed a 3 year deal and has 1 year left

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~890806,00.html

glaziers fan
31-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
I blame the person who signed him and put him on that £12k a week contract in the first place!

••••••• bob dowie:veryangry

Jolly Norwegian
31-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Dazron
F*ck him
Who the hell would want to do that?!?

:moo:

jobiinthelastmi
31-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
••••••• bob dowie:veryangry

Yeah and Peter Taylor....... he wouldn't say sign Kuqi if he didn't want him.

Both are equal to blame IMO!

elgin eagle
31-08-2008, 02:43 PM
So when he said recently "i love crystal palace", what he meant was "they pay me 500,000 a year to sit on my big fat arse".

What a prick. Make him clean the boots.

Super-Ste-Cious
31-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I love the fact everyone's jumped behind the 'story' as if it was the gospel truth. It maybe so, but where is the normal questioning of the source etc. that we all know and love?

Neil the Eagle
31-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Although he may uncertain on the actual length of Kuqi's contract, this poster's info. is usually sound.

DARREN TESTER
31-08-2008, 03:06 PM
If he has the attitude as suggested , then the club should fine him 2 weeks wages for being unfit/over weight , every time he fails to carry out his employers requests the club fines him. This way the club recoups the wages he would of received.

Do that and he will soon f*ck off , have to add though Simon Jordan has to take the blame in part.

Who ever thought selling AJ who was young, lightening , fit, courageous and full of spirit , for that aging,unfit ,slow,useless prat with attitude, must of been p*ssed at time of purchase.

I would like to add that Neil Warnock is suffering now for the mismanagement which occured in Peter Taylor's time here.

BLAGATICKET
31-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd do the self same thing!
Palace signed him, Palace haven't played him, Palace haven't dealt with him being unfit/fat. Why leave and go somewhere else for less money? If we want to blame anyone it should be the club for the appaling handling of the player, at the end of the day if I could go to work do bugger all and still get paid handsomely I do it like a shot!!

PeterH
31-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, it is only a year. Just keep him as far away from the team as possible.

EMLEY EAGLE
31-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Fine him a weeks wages,every week,for being overweight!

Dorking .Eagle
31-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Shame we couldn't have given him to Ipswich for free as thanks for selling us Alan Lee.

thefox
31-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Norwegian
Who the hell would want to do that?!?

:moo:

He's on £12k a week ,plenty of gold diggers would

Super-Ste-Cious
31-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Although he may uncertain on the actual length of Kuqi's contract, this poster's info. is usually sound.

Fair enough - you know if it was any other player that someone would have said something though :p

thefox
31-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BLAGATICKET
I'd do the self same thing!
Palace signed him, Palace haven't played him, Palace haven't dealt with him being unfit/fat. Why leave and go somewhere else for less money? If we want to blame anyone it should be the club for the appaling handling of the player, at the end of the day if I could go to work do bugger all and still get paid handsomely I do it like a shot!!

Yep , people seem to think football isnt a career like any other.

If Peter Taylor/Bob Dowie were stupid enough to offer £12k a week when no one else wants to employ him for the same money does anyone really expect him no to take it.

Don't get me wrong the guy is a donkey who cant even trap a ball and has destryoed team spirit while around the team ,but when this is your last big contract , maybe your last ever and almost certain if he got another it would be about a third of the wage does anyone really expect him to do anything else.

Kennedy only left when his contract was up, Fletcher and Ifill will do the same . No one else is going to offer them as much. All Taylor signings.

The club should have disciplined him for being overweight under taylor and built up enough warnings so they could have sacked him for the gesture

If the club are not letting him train with the squad (?) we can hardly fine him now for being unfit , if he actually is. It should have been done by Peter Taylor when he was manager.

We also cant fine Kuqi for being unfit if we aren't fining Ifill as well.

PeterH
31-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Doesn´t help us. But if nobody else wants him, you can´t blame him. In the normal world, the stress of this kind of action would make an employee quit or put them on medication. They would lose confidence in their ability to get a job elsewhere. When you are on this reported sum of money, it doesn´t matter very much that you are not very good at your job.

Perhaps some kind of 442 article listing him among a group of 10 highly paid stiffs in football, may persuade him to seek pastures new.

He certainly makes the Palace worst ever 11.

davcp75
31-08-2008, 04:26 PM
send the oaf home

Crunchie
31-08-2008, 04:38 PM
If some other club is willing to pay Kuqi 6k a week, can't we just offer him 6k a week for the remander of his contract as a pay off. I know thats roughly 250k, but are things desperate enough to consider this?

Travelcard
31-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Sounds like he is doing a Bogarde...

Pay it again Sam.

http://www.moleskinerie.com/images/story.rick.sam.jpg

cpfc4evandeva
31-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't blame him. If was in his position, I'd probably do the same.

thefox
31-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Crunchie
If some other club is willing to pay Kuqi 6k a week, can't we just offer him 6k a week for the remander of his contract as a pay off. I know thats roughly 250k, but are things desperate enough to consider this?

Hopefully someone will take him on loan after the transfer window shuts, but is there a team in the league anymore that can spend 6K a week on a squad player.

Even if he hadn't done the gesture i dont think he would get in our team and we havent got a forward who scores goals , so i cant see anyone else in the championship or premier taking him and no league one team except leeds could afford him.

Tom's Old Man
31-08-2008, 05:23 PM
What is it with Palace and players on wasted contracts? Tommy Black was given a decent looking contract and then never picked for the first team again in the League, now we have the Kuqi scenario, what a waste of money if he's also not going to be used or sold.

Travelcard
31-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Can we donate his body to science?

JamieBcpfc
31-08-2008, 05:37 PM
The poster gives no source for this information. Just because you want to believe that Kuqi is a mercenary, doesn't mean that it should be believed without scepticism

Super-Ste-Cious
31-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc
The poster gives no source for this information. Just because you want to believe that Kuqi is a mercenary, doesn't mean that it should be believed without scepticism

A point I made earlier

Biggineagle
31-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I was well excited, when he signed, a guy who has a quality goal celebration at last, Unfortunately I didnt see it that often

Let him rot

Typical Palace
31-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc
Who ever quotes their sources? Are you suggesting I made it up for the hell of it? As far as I've been told this is fact. I may have been misinformed but I very much doubt it.

Sir.S.C Remembered
31-08-2008, 09:24 PM
It is a terrible attitude but we have to take alot of blame. When you sign someone at his age with those wages, it is always going to be hard to shift them and this is a risk. However, it was madness to sanction such a fee at that age and the wages given he was never a good player for more than about 18 months over his career as a whole etc.

cpfcfan1
31-08-2008, 09:36 PM
If we were to terminate his contract would that cost the club more?

PJJY
31-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by cpfcfan1
If we were to terminate his contract would that cost the club more?

We should just lead him away with a trail of pork pies

Santos-er
31-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by PJJY
We should just lead him away with a trail of pork pies

...which would end up going into the Thames. No concrete blocks required to get the fat git to sink.

ianace
31-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Alledgedly after leaving Albania to seel political asylum in Finland, he did not have a passport.
It has been guessed in some quarters that his actual age is 40+ not 31.

It would explai a lot!!!!

Benzhiyi
31-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by cpfc4evandeva
I don't blame him. If was in his position, I'd probably do the same.

I was about to post the same.

To him, and 99% of other footballers, it's just a job.

Morals aside, I'd more than happily sit on my arse for £12k a week.

In fact I'd probably do it for £12k a year.

Adlerhorst
31-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't think you can fine him repeatedly for being overweight. I recall from somewhere that the maximum you can fine someone is fix weeks wages. Something to do with the PFA I think.

I stand to be corrected though

steve hail
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Is Kuqi the new Tommy Black?

Ready Teddy
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Is Kuqi the new Dougie Freedman?

IanH
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I assume all these players on big money are insured by the club against serious injuries. Maybe Curle could do a number on him in training?

TurkeyTwizzler
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Slip some performance enhancing drugs into his bag at training then bust him. Then we can sack him and not have to pay him off.

However, performance enhancing drugs would be suspicious I suppose, as his performances have got worse and worse.

Jordan's Jacket
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I can't believe that footballers just can't be sacked. He has underperformed, is unfit and made gestures the crowd. What more do you need? Just fire him

AJ's right boot
01-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Jordan's Jacket
I can't believe that footballers just can't be sacked. He has underperformed, is unfit and made gestures the crowd. What more do you need? Just fire him Mutu?

thefox
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Damn !

http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2003/4/15/158327.html

Matt_Hep
01-09-2008, 10:08 AM
To be honest, we're the only ones to blame..

We're so badly run as a club there are so many greatly differing regimes in such a short space of time. We sign people without really thinking long-term..£2 million for Kuqi was a massive mistake that would never work....there's just no stability at Palace, we're always looking for a quick fix.

The fans are always calling for fresh blood too and are the quickest to slate loyal players such as Clint, Dougie and younger players given a chance and we're in a massive mess now because of all these factors.

Hope everyone involved learns a lesson..

sydnsteve
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes. Everyone out.

Chris K
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Pay some tarts to have a drug fuelled 3-some with him and sell their stories to the papers. Perfect case for dismisal due to gross misconduct. Job done

mik59
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Travelcard
Can we donate his body to science? The science of what?

Il Padrino
01-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mik59
The science of what?

To see how high a body bounces when dropped off a cliff

To see how many ants it would take to eat a human body

To see if you could graft ostrich legs onto a person.

The possibilities are endless!:D

trickyricky66
01-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Exterminate him ,FAT SHIT

Timbo
01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Is it possible that this rumour isn't true and Kuqi would in fact like to mend bridges and work towards helping the club?

trickyricky66
01-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Timbo
Is it possible that this rumour isn't true and Kuqi would in fact like to mend bridges and work towards helping the club?
Dont care mate his still a useless overwieght over paid fat shit.

Santos
01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I saw Kuqi at Gatwick two weeks ago when on my way on holiday. It was a Friday so he definately wasn't training.

His bird was well fit though - so maybe he should stay just for that reason

917L
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ready Teddy
Is Kuqi the new Dougie Freedman?

Fool

La Bombonera
02-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Timbo
Never mind bridges, he should first start with mending the towel dispenser in the Holmesdale lower khazi (block G). Bridges later :p