PDA

View Full Version : Lee shocked at Palace switch

ZOHAR
01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
New signing Alan Lee admits he was surprised that Ipswich boss Jim Magilton was prepared to sell him - but says his move to Palace was a opportunity he just could not refuse.

Lee completed his move from Portman Road late on Friday night and came on as a half-time substitute in Saturday's 4-2 defeat against Reading, setting up Tom Soares goal which put Palace 2-1 up.

And speaking after his debut, Lee revealed his shock at his south London switch, but insists the prospect of playing under Neil Warnock was too good an offer to turn down.

"I was surprised when Jim Magilton told me about the move - but it suited me. There's been a lot of going back and forward but I'm thrilled to have got the deal done at last.

"Jim Magliton mentioned something to me on Monday and just said for me to get Tuesday's game out of the way and then we took it from there.

"I got the call Wednesday, we talked for a couple of days and we completed the deal on Friday night.

He added: "I jumped at the chance to play football for Neil Warnock, it's a great club, the facilities are fantastic, it's a new challenge and I'm really looking forward to it."

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/palacelatest/Lee-shocked-Palace-switch/article-299451-detail/article.html

cpfc4evandeva
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds contradicting - 'We talked for a couple of days' 'I jumped at the chance'

But who cares! Good signing in my book.

Thanet Eagle
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Nice to see a player that is actually happy to be here.

Forever9
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
We are more shocked trust me

RDSdaEAGLE
02-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Forever9
We are more shocked trust me

:S:

winterj
02-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Bit of the quote that he may want to retract "the facilities are fantastic" he hasn't been to selhurst yet obviously:D