PDA

View Full Version : Carle is the replacement for...???

glaziers fan
01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Tom Soares! ;) I said it all along but just got a bit ahead of myself!

NW signed Carle to replace Ben Watson. BW didn't move on. The team lacked fluidity in the middle of the park and ability to take a hold of the game because both Carle and Soares want to be in an advanced position.

NW sees this. He then sees BW is not going so feels he can rectify situation. Soares made available and now gone.

BW comes back into the team. Now he can sit deeper to dictate the play and get more ball to Carle who has less responsibility to defend.

It is a MASTERSTROKE by Neil Warnock. You just wait. Our balance and domination of the midfield will be 5 times better. Palace to push on to the Premiership :p

(This is NOT a thread to slag off Tom Soares. He has been a superb servant to the club, has always given 100% and I know many of you are gutted about his departure. He WILL make it in the Prem. He definitely has the talent to do so. I look forward to watching him on MOTD.)

pauldrulez
02-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I am going to take a break from my defending of Soares in TF to partially agree with GF here. Soares will make it in the Prem. That is all.

Anyway, I do doubt Bens commitment to the club atm, but all can be forgiven in football in a matter of days and should he sign a contract with us, I can see us flying up the league but it is never nice to see players who you have watched grow in front of your eyes leave the club or have a bitter falling out over contracts.

Good Luck Tom, wherever you go remember that Palace helped you on your way and most of our fans know you can succeed.

Watto has a lot to live up to, 7 more goals from open play have gone missing from last year and its up to him to get them with Carle taking Pens as well.

Hopefully Scotty will be back. And we will shoot up the table with him, Jose and Victor in the team.

EEEEEAGLESS

FromSelhurst
02-09-2008, 12:07 AM
carle took hold of games alright last season in a 2 man central midfield. he doesnt need watson to help him.

if we pair them yeh its two talented ball players but what about the need for some width not just to give the full backs a out ball but to try get some crosses in for lee and to make space for moses, that would be of greater importance for the team to me.

Shipp Ahoy!
02-09-2008, 12:12 AM
I just hope people don't give Ben flack if he really is going to be back in the team.

jobiinthelastmi
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
I rated Soares, looks like Pulis does too.

I hope Watson shows commitment for the cause, but we don't even know if Warnock will play him yet do we?

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Let's get behind Ben Watson. He can propel us into a good position in the league :)

I can't ••••••• wait till the Swansea game:)

jdiamond84
02-09-2008, 12:29 AM
I think this is the start.. 2 weeks till a game, new striker and a strong midfield. Here comes the unbeaten run we've been waiting for. Carle + Watson = Attractive Football
Also Neil please pick Fonte over lawrence you wont regret it.

+ Sinclair in a month or so..

Ryan_the_eagle
02-09-2008, 12:41 AM
We need Watson in the team, no doubt about it! I hope Warnock plays him.

Barbara4003
02-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Wasn't Watson in the team against Leeds? Didn't seem to make much difference, did it? In fact, that's been our worst defeat so far.

GodstoneEagle
02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
can someone change the record please. appears to be stuck.

orp pisshead1
02-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Let's get behind Ben Watson. He can propel us into a good position in the league :)

I can't ••••••• wait till the Swansea game:)

So your actually going to a game?

SharkMan
02-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Ben Watson will play well for us this year then sign for another club on a bosman meaning palace get nothing. Thats the way I see it, he doesn't want to be here and will leave as soon as he gets to speak to a club that isn't forest.

PeterH
02-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Cheers Tom. All the best.

Norwoodguy
02-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Ben is a decent CCC player - but his impact is nowhere near as dramatic as some on here believe.

I think it is a real same that a player who seemed fairly loyal has had to be sold as a result of another player who has made his intention to leave as clear as possible.

James
02-09-2008, 06:45 AM

It is a MASTERSTROKE by Neil Warnock. You just wait. Our balance and domination of the midfield will be 5 times better. Palace to push on to the Premiership :p
Watson remains the best player at the Club. He can make a massive difference if he plays to his potential ... and of course provided Warnock is prepared to make use of him.

However, the problem for the Club is that he now has less than 12 months left on his contract. That means that he will be free to leave at the end of the Season for no fee, unless he is sold before (perhaps during the Xmas transfer window). Warnock will have to assess whether Watson is willing and able to perform for Palace, or whether his heart is no longer in it.

The fact that Watson is still with us is clearly not a Warnock "masterstroke". The Club tried their best to sell him for a reasonable fee, but were unable to persuade Watson to accept terms from the only Club willing to take him at the minimum acceptable price.

I remain a big Watson fan. I hope that by the end of this Season, all his doubters will recognise just how valuable he can be. I am glad he is staying.

PJJY
02-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Ben doesn't want to play for us and thus we'll end up getting nothing for him in a few months time

philsick
02-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by PJJY
Ben doesn't want to play for us

We don't know that. He or more probably his advisor,think he should be playing for more money,wherever that is.He's been playing for us for years now,while players around him have been on much higher incomes.He hasn't said anything to the press,or mouthed off about palace,so hopefully he will get back in the team and help us crawl back up the table.With the loss of soares,this is good news IMO.

smileysmith
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Ben wants to be at QPR and will wait until Jan to sign a pre-contract with them.

Tom being sold is a terrible shame for us.

Trist
02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
I see the logic, and on paper it makes sence. The deciding factor will be Ben's attitude from now until Jan (or the end of the season).

It's in his best interested to get back to playing football as it'll put him in a better negotiating position coming off the back of a good season playing football, rather than one rotting in the stiffs.

I've always been impressed with Ben's attitude previously, didn't react to the morons that booed him taking a pen, and generally whenever the boo boys have come out he's kept looking for the ball rather than go hiding.

mrsilly
02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
I won't be supporting Watson, he's not the player he thinks he is or most of you seem to think he is, one offer from Forest would seem to support this view. Let him rot.

cpfcben
02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
It sounds great in principle but you to look at Ben's attitude. It sounds like he wants to sign for QPR regardless. The thing that makes me laugh is that if QPR wanted him that badly they would have stumped up the cash. (They are the richest club in the world of course). By Ben turning down the two offers that have come his way will still mean him and his agent achieve their main objective.
1) To get as much money as possible for the agent and himself
2) To get his dream move to QPR!!!

If Ben wanted to show his commitment to palace he should accept the same contract offer that was in place at the start of the season. I can’t see that is happening at all and Warnock will have a difficult choice to make whether to play him knowing full well he is going to sign for QPR for next to nothing in either January or at the end of the year.

Billy Rhino
02-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I thought Ben couldn't leave at the end of the season due to his age(ala Julian Gray)? Has this situation changed somehow??

cpfcben
02-09-2008, 07:55 AM
We won't get more than 500k.

FromSelhurst
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
he was willing to talk to forest but chose to reject them even though we and they more than doubled his current wages based on what his agent has advised him he could receive next summer. its scandalous players and agents have this much power considering what they earn anyway. the fact he is possibly prepared to not play for an entire season shows little footballing drive which is a real shame.

FromSelhurst
02-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by cpfcben
We won't get more than 500k.

we wont get anything?

Mickey Gilley
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Julian Gray didn't want to play for us but we still got promoted with him in the side.

I suspect that Watson cares more about Palace than Gray ever did and I expect to see him back in the starting line up next game. By the end of the month he should be back to the player we had last season.

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 09:28 AM
We've had to sell one of our best players because another play has become a Big Time Charlie. I'll wait for a while before rejoicing.

sydnsteve
02-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Ben wants to be at QPR and will wait until Jan to sign a pre-contract with them.

He can't do that! He is under 24, and we have offered him improved terms. At the very least it would go to a tribunal.

However, I don't think Watson and Carle in midfield would work, but we will see.

sydnsteve
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
We've had to sell one of our best players because another play has become a Big Time Charlie. I'll wait for a while before rejoicing.

At least it gets the boring threads about how good TS is out of the way. The next few months could show.

nelson alfie
02-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mrsilly
I won't be supporting Watson, he's not the player he thinks he is or most of you seem to think he is, one offer from Forest would seem to support this view. Let him rot.
:rolleyes: you have a most appropriate user name

dufski13
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith

Not sure, QPR are jam packed with mid fielders at the moment. If they are doing ok by Jan I don't think they'll come back in for Ben.

dufski13
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by cpfcben
Warnock will have a difficult choice to make whether to play him knowing full well he is going to sign for QPR for next to nothing in either January or at the end of the year.

For me that's a no brainer, I don't care too much about Warnocks principals or Watsons pride. My football club still pays Watson's wages, would he improve the team if in it ? IMO most certainly he would,in which case he should play. To not play him now he's still here would be plain daft. Watson has not made any Berbatov like noises. I'd be very surprised if he isn't more than happy to get really stuck in. After all if he is to get his move to much bigger wages he'll have to prove he is worth it this season.

stevek
02-09-2008, 11:07 AM
We've had to sell one of our best players because another play has become a Big Time Charlie. I'll wait for a while before rejoicing. There is certainly nothing to rejoice about. But if Watson now plays, we will have a better balanced midfield than we have had so far this season.

Sussex Eagle
02-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by stevek
There is certainly nothing to rejoice about. But if Watson now plays, we will have a better balanced midfield than we have had so far this season.
Why so certain? Watson has only played in our one truly diabolical all-round performance so far, whereas Soares has been decent and scored our only league goal from open play. If Ben's head is in the wrong place he's perfectly capable of playing awfully - which is I think why Warnock is being a bit coy about putting him in, despite his abilities.

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I dont think the midfield will be better.

If anything, Watson being in means Carle will have to provide legs, which will negate Carle's strong points.

Tom let Watson play. And judging by Reading reports, Tom let Carle play.

Not so sure we'll have that now.

I can see us switching to either 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1, with Carle in the hole.

stevek
02-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Why so certain? Watson has only played in our one truly diabolical all-round performance so far, whereas Soares has been decent and scored our only league goal from open play. If Ben's head is in the wrong place he's perfectly capable of playing awfully - which is I think why Warnock is being a bit coy about putting him in, despite his abilities.

Fair point - I mean if the Ben we had last season plays.

Incidentally, I didn't go to Leeds, but I thought the general view was that Watson was the only decent player for us.

stevek
02-09-2008, 11:21 AM

If anything, Watson being in means Carle will have to provide legs, which will negate Carle's strong points.

I disagree - and it's certainly not how I saw the Reading game. Both Tom and Carle were good when we were in possession, but when we weren't Reading ran through our midfield time and time again as if they weren't there.

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
That'd be Derry's area then.

I hope Watson plays now, and plays with a point to proove - to earn his Premiership move, even if Palace arent his number 1 motivation. We need him to, and he needs to for himself too.

sydnsteve
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Fair point - I mean if the Ben we had last season plays.

Incidentally, I didn't go to Leeds, but I thought the general view was that Watson was the only decent player for us.

I also didn't go, but that was what i got from most of the reports. And I am not a great BW or TS fan.

sydnsteve
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
That'd be Derry's area then.

I hope Watson plays now, and plays with a point to proove - to earn his Premiership move, even if Palace arent his number 1 motivation. We need him to, and he needs to for himself too.

We can agree on that Klinx. Indeed, I think our season hangs on whether that does or does not happen. BW is good when he puts his mind to it, very average when he doesn't.
It's a bit ironic when you think his pen miss cost us millions, and he repays us by refusing to move or sign a contract. No connection I know, but one of lifes little jokes.

eagle101
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by dufski13
For me that's a no brainer, I don't care too much about Warnocks principals or Watsons pride. My football club still pays Watson's wages, would he improve the team if in it ? IMO most certainly he would,in which case he should play. To not play him now he's still here would be plain daft. Watson has not made any Berbatov like noises. I'd be very surprised if he isn't more than happy to get really stuck in. After all if he is to get his move to much bigger wages he'll have to prove he is worth it this season.

Exactly.

And if Gareth Barry can play for Villa after all that's been said and done there this summer, Ben can play for us.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I disagree - and it's certainly not how I saw the Reading game. Both Tom and Carle were good when we were in possession, but when we weren't Reading ran through our midfield time and time again as if they weren't there.

And I'm sure Watson's better defensive qualities (when compared to Soares) will help us in this area, give us extra balance and actually allow Carle to be even more effective! Not to mention that Ben will probably supply not only Carle, but the whole attack with more balls than Soares ever did.

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
And who will do the leg work (other than Carle, who i am sure we'd all like to see in the final third)?

stevek
02-09-2008, 12:37 PM
And who will do the leg work (other than Carle, who i am sure we'd all like to see in the final third)?

When did Soares do all this alleged legwork? Soares was at his best for us last season when he had Derry and Watson behind him and he was the one in the final third.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:39 PM

Not so sure we'll have that now.

I can see us switching to either 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1, with Carle in the hole.

I don't see how Carle is going to have to provide legs? Or how this is going to negate his strong points less than it did for Soares (who was blatantly best as an attacking midfielder collecting the ball in central areas on the edge of the opponents box).

All that is changing is that Soares is being replaced by Carle. Think back to last season. We were defensively better than we have been this season, and the passing was better. I reckon Carle can run around just as much as Tom. They are equally effective in the central attacking role.

Tom let Carle play? Ben is better defensively than Tom. Surely this is going to allow Carle to play even more?

Pace isn't everything!

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 12:42 PM
When did Soares do all this alleged legwork?

Therein lies the problem with Tom's detractors. They didnt see all of Tom's work

And Brett put it - Tom did Ben's running. And he was spot on.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
When did Soares do all this alleged legwork? Soares was at his best for us last season when he had Derry and Watson behind him and he was the one in the final third.

Exactly. He showed time and time again that when he was supposed to not only put in leg work but actually make tackles etc that he went missing. Watson is far better at covering.

rainbow_child
02-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by mrsilly

Hes a bad apple & he is hardly the future of Crystal Palace now is he?

I hope Warnock & Jordan have the balls to let him rot until January :grrr: :veryangry

Brett
02-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Ben is better defensively than Tom.

You're just taking the piss, now.

:moo:

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Brett

Ben's more athletic and Tom is ginger.

Barbara4003
02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
I wonder how Watson feels knowing that he is responsible for Tom having to go? Hope his conscience is pricking him.

stevek
02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Second half of last season Ben looked excellent defensively. He also reads the game much better than Tom.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Therein lies the problem with Tom's detractors. They didnt see all of Tom's work

And Brett put it - Tom did Ben's running. And he was spot on.

Ben will do Tom's tackling ;)

Ok so i admit Tom did Ben's running.

What's so wrong with Carle doing Ben's running?

Or are you saying that Carle is so much better than Tom that we should look to get in someone more defensive to do the work for him and accommodate his sublime skills?

kolinkins
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I would rather a player like Carle do his own thing in the final third than chase around oppisition players for one of his teammates.

limited_edition
02-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Second half of last season Ben looked excellent defensively. He also reads the game much better than Tom. Absolutely. Especially the last bit. Tom seemed blissfully unaware of when he had a man on or where his team mates were a lot of the time. Not really his fault in hindsight because to me,Tom was a pure attacking midfielder. But he was seldom used in that position. Yep, he ran around a lot to chase back, but I can only remember him putting in 2 tackles since the turn of the year.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Second half of last season Ben looked excellent defensively. He also reads the game much better than Tom.

Agreed.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition

to me,Tom was a pure attacking midfielder. But he was seldom used in that position. Yep, he ran around a lot to chase back, but I can only remember him putting in 2 tackles since the turn of the year.

To me too. This box-to-box thing was a myth. he had a great work ethic and oodles of athleticism, but where he was effective was with his ATTACKING.

Why do you think Tom's chasing around was ok, but Carle chasing around is not ok? Unless you think Carle is a better player?

gadford4th
02-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Hmmmm. Tricky one to read this.

As has been mentioned before, Soares was top scorer in the run in last season, and if I remember correctly we lost games when he wasn't in the team.

However if Watson and Carle get a good understanding between them, I expect good things to happen.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I would rather a player like Carle do his own thing in the final third than chase around oppisition players for one of his teammates.

Wheras tom chasing around was ok, cos Carle is better in the final third than tom?

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Barbara4003
I wonder how Watson feels knowing that he is responsible for Tom having to go? Hope his conscience is pricking him.

hopefully it'll prick at his conscience and spur him on to produce the performances to get us into the Premiership too:p

Ps. hopefully he'll also feel pleased that he's helped his ex teammate get into the Prem already;) Well done Ben Watson :love:

Barbara4003
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by gadford4th
However if Watson and Carle get a good understanding between them, I expect good things to happen.

'Til January when he fecks off.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Am I? I have seen more tackles from Ben Watson in a game than I saw from Soares in a season. Just cos he doesn't run around like a headless chicken...

Plus, I haven't seen Watson disappear, which is crucial for if you want to win the midfield battle.

Brett, Tom is not a box-to-box midfielder. He is an attacking midfielder who can run around a bit.

Tell me who has played more times in the holding role in their careers too please...

UEAgle
02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
This is getting seriously tedious.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by UEAgle
This is getting seriously tedious.

No it's not. We're having a proper discussion in preparation of the Swansea game. i am desperate to go. Ben, Carle and Derry. It'll be an awesome midfield :)

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gadford4th
Hmmmm. Tricky one to read this.

As has been mentioned before, Soares was top scorer in the run in last season, and if I remember correctly we lost games when he wasn't in the team.

I do agree with this to an extent. We don't know how Carle and Watson will play together. But it looks exciting on paper :p

ngg3
02-09-2008, 03:34 PM
im going to get hammered for this comment but for me ben has screwed tthis club over well and truly. Hes refused to go anywhere but a club who seemingly don't want him and even if they did and have told him to sit tight until the end of the season so they don't have to pay any fee apart from compensation i still feel its pretty disloyal and disrespectful to accept these terms. Furthermore how can warnock play ben knowing that he obviously couldnt give two s**ts about the team or any of his team mates (a loyal player-soarsey being sacraficed to get some fees in). I feel it is particularly disrepectful when you think that it was he that missed the penalty which could have led to us goin up which i know knowoneincluding me blames him for but he must still feel that responsibility. i feel through this whole saga he as acted badly poorly and has been turned by his agent highlighted by the fact we havn't hear a peep from ben. sorry end of rant had to get it of my chest.

AJ
02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ngg3
im going to get hammered for this comment but for me ben has screwed tthis club over well and truly. Hes refused to go anywhere but a club who seemingly don't want him and even if they did and have told him to sit tight until the end of the season so they don't have to pay any fee apart from compensation i still feel its pretty disloyal and disrespectful to accept these terms. Furthermore how can warnock play ben knowing that he obviously couldnt give two s**ts about the team or any of his team mates (a loyal player-soarsey being sacraficed to get some fees in). I feel it is particularly disrepectful when you think that it was he that missed the penalty which could have led to us goin up which i know knowoneincluding me blames him for but he must still feel that responsibility. i feel through this whole saga he as acted badly poorly and has been turned by his agent highlighted by the fact we havn't hear a peep from ben. sorry end of rant had to get it of my chest.

Watson should be played if he is the best player available. Watson's thought and feelings for the club or his team mates is irrelevant. Give Watson a break, 2 seasons ago after the Watford play off semi defeat, there were some very nasty comments directed to him(see Dowie court case), also, when NW arrived he basically told Watson he could leave.

Watson is looking out for Watson, right or wrong, he has given Palace 4 or 5 good seasons and he just wants to be able to walk away when his contract is up. I don't like it, but, that is his right under the Bosman ruling(except Watson will still be under 24 and a fee of some kind could be demanded by Palace).

Soares left because Soares chose to leave. He could have turned Stoke down, just like Watson turned down Nottm Forest.

ngg3
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Watson should be played if he is the best player available. Watson's thought and feelings for the club or his team mates is irrelevant. Give Watson a break, 2 seasons ago after the Watford play off semi defeat, there were some very nasty comments directed to him(see Dowie court case), also, when NW arrived he basically told Watson he could leave.

Watson is looking out for Watson, right or wrong, he has given Palace 4 or 5 good seasons and he just wants to be able to walk away when his contract is up. I don't like it, but, that is his right under the Bosman ruling(except Watson will still be under 24 and a fee of some kind could be demanded by Palace).

Soares left because Soares chose to leave. He could have turned Stoke down, just like Watson turned down Nottm Forest.

i agree with most sentiments here begrudgingly but i disagree that his thoughts and feelings for the club don't affect the team and morale. how would u feel if u were working hard in training were 100% commited to the club gets into the team infront of you. also giving the youngsters the idea that the grass is greener everywhere else but here. with him and kuqi and numerous transfer listed players still on our books i fear for our seemingly already low team spirit.

philsick
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Ben will do Tom's tackling

Ok so i admit Tom did Ben's running.

What's so wrong with Carle doing Ben's running?

Does this ^ make any sense,or am i losing it?

pauldrulez
02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I cant wait for the Swansea game.

Midfield of Carle, Derry and Fletcher. Allows us to play a proper 4-3-3 with Moses and Andrew up there with Lee.

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by philsick
Does this ^ make any sense,or am i losing it?

Probably not. It's a discussion between me and Klinx. When have those ever made any sense :D

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by pauldrulez
I cant wait for the Swansea game.

Midfield of Carle, Derry and Fletcher. Allows us to play a proper 4-3-3 with Moses and Andrew up there with Lee.

Am loving all the hysteria against Ben Watson. Just wait till he turns in fantastic match-winng performances for our club. Then I'll be saying "told you so"!! :p

glaziers fan
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM

Let me know when Tom's defensive skills merit him being played in the holding midfield role.

Many thanks,

Glaziers

rainbow_child
02-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Am loving all the hysteria against Ben Watson. Just wait till he turns in fantastic match-winng performances for our club. Then I'll be saying "told you so"!! :p

Why are you likely to be popping along to Hayes Lane allot to watch the reserves then glaziers fan?

rainbow_child
02-09-2008, 10:34 PM

glaziers fan
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by rainbow_child
Why are you likely to be popping along to Hayes Lane allot to watch the reserves then glaziers fan?

No, don't think so! But considering we have yet to win in 4 games in the CCC I'd be surprised if Ben wasn't given a chance in the first-team.

Btw do you think that if we had won 2 games and were say in 6th place, do you think Soares would have gone?

jobiinthelastmi
03-09-2008, 02:28 PM

Then leaving the club in january or the summer :p

Play Watson until Danns is back.

little dedders
03-09-2008, 02:33 PM
NW sees this. He then sees BW is not going so feels he can rectify situation. Soares made available and now gone.

BW comes back into the team. Now he can sit deeper to dictate the play and get more ball to Carle who has less responsibility to defend.

(This is NOT a thread to slag off Tom Soares. He has been a superb servant to the club, has always given 100% and I know many of you are gutted about his departure. He WILL make it in the Prem. He definitely has the talent to do so. I look forward to watching him on MOTD.)

is this tongue in cheek? watsons move to forest only broke down on deadline day didnt it?

Levski
03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
That's what I was thinking. Glaziers Fan do you seriously think this was all part of a NW masterplan?

From my view almost all of the transfers in and out since the end of last season look chaotic, unplanned, and hasty. Are you seriously impressed and happy with what has happened? I don't think anyone can seriously say that all has gone to some sort of plan.