PDA

View Full Version : Tom Soares & Maximuscle

Matt25
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I know I know, wrong forum :sob: But this gets more attention. Had no idea Tommy was an endorser of maximuscle. Got the catalogue through this morning and saw him on the front, had to double take!

Gonna miss you :(

UEAgle
05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Cool

BringbackShipps
05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
There's something wrong with this statement...

In addition the Maximuscle product range is endorsed by numerous world class athletes and clubs that include Josh Lewsey, Tom Rees & Tom Varndell (England Rugby), Tom Soares (Footballer), Brian Cole (Marathon Runner), London Wasps and Fulham FC - to name just a few.

Skiddo
05-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BringbackShipps
There's something wrong with this statement...

In addition the Maximuscle product range is endorsed by numerous world class athletes and clubs that include Josh Lewsey, Tom Rees & Tom Varndell (England Rugby), Tom Soares (Footballer), Brian Cole (Marathon Runner), London Wasps and Fulham FC - to name just a few.

"world class...Tom Soares (Footballer)"

?

beef
05-09-2008, 09:37 PM
he's looking pretty buff this year

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
06-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Skiddo

?

:D :D :D

He's just about League 1 class

BringbackShipps
06-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Skiddo

?

Bingo :D

UEAgle
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
:D :D :D

He's just about League 1 class

Funny he's playing in the Premier League isn't it.

dannyboy1807
06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by UEAgle

your right that is funny.

ebyeeckeagle
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Why just pick on Tom? They've also included Fulham as a world class club....

UEAgle
06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by dannyboy1807

I bow down to your football knowledge. You obviously know more than Dowie, Taylor, Warnock, Pulis, Hodgson...

Reps AJ
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM

Still, given what he'll be earning I'm sure he's amused too

WorthingEagle
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by UEAgle

All reputation no substance. Remember Liegertwood and Kuqi played in the Premier League too, despite having less technical ability than a decent sunday league player.

akinbiyifan
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by WorthingEagle
All reputation no substance. Remember Liegertwood and Kuqi played in the Premier League too, despite having less technical ability than a decent sunday league player.

Leigertwood is one of OPRs best players and would walk into our squad, most Palace fans have zero idea what a quality player is, (Fitz Hall, Gray, Mullins, Soares, Leigertwood etc) instead believing 3rd rate players are quality, (Hughes, Rihilati, Hudson, Clint Hill)

Maidstoned Eagle
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Marmite.

sexyrazor
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I would love to see Tommy's maxi muscle ;)

Its a crying shame he has gone - absolutely no eye candy left :(

eagles #1
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by akinbiyifan
Leigertwood is one of OPRs best players and would walk into our squad, most Palace fans have zero idea what a quality player is, (Fitz Hall, Gray, Mullins, Soares, Leigertwood etc) instead believing 3rd rate players are quality, (Hughes, Rihilati, Hudson, Clint Hill) Akinbiyi? :D

akinbiyifan
06-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Akinbiyi? :D

lol yeh not him,

Reps AJ
06-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Leigertwood is one of OPRs best players and would walk into our squad, most Palace fans have zero idea what a quality player is, (Fitz Hall, Gray, Mullins, Soares, Leigertwood etc) instead believing 3rd rate players are quality, (Hughes, Rihilati, Hudson, Clint Hill)

Did you ever see Leigertwood play for Palace? He was terrible

Matt25
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Why just pick on Tom? They've also included Fulham as a world class club....

They've got AJ ;)

akinbiyifan
06-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Did you ever see Leigertwood play for Palace? He was terrible

yeh i did and i thought he was a good player for us, sometimes lost the ball but always wanted it and was always willing to drive forward also brilliant in the tackle.

CPFC Guy
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
also brilliant in the tackle.

The same tackle which gave away stupid free kicks, the most stupidest being the one which gave Charlton the chance to score which led to our relegation?

akinbiyifan
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Guy
The same tackle which gave away stupid free kicks, the most stupidest being the one which gave Charlton the chance to score which led to our relegation?

players make mistakes, that one tackle was not the reason we went down, maybe Popovic's countless own goals were to blame. Anyway he is at QPR now that is the bottom line and they seem to rate him which i think is confirmation enough to suggest he is a good player.

CPFC_DAVE77
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Comments like this, route 1 football, and people moan when our young midfielders ant to leave. Lets bing up loyalty whenever someone leaves, but where was the support for Soares when he was here?

Billy Rhino
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Blatently racist! :afro: ;)

Actually I remember when watching Leigertwood warming up for a game being quite surprised at how skillful he was.

Maidstoned Eagle
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM

Or the superb tackle that denied West ham a goal scoring opportunity at the Millenium?

CPFC Guy
07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
players make mistakes, that one tackle was not the reason we went down, maybe Popovic's countless own goals were to blame. Anyway he is at QPR now that is the bottom line and they seem to rate him which i think is confirmation enough to suggest he is a good player.

Since when has QPR's favour been the guideline for whether a player is good or not?! If he was playing for a decent club, then perhaps.

CPFC Guy
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Or the superb tackle that denied West ham a goal scoring opportunity at the Millenium?

No player goes into a tackle planning to just shave the ball and bring the player down in his own box. It was bad judgement and it was very lucky.

akinbiyifan
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Since when has QPR's favour been the guideline for whether a player is good or not?! If he was playing for a decent club, then perhaps.

errr the fact they are one of the richest clubs in Europe, and still think he is fit to play in the side, do you think Palace is a 'decent' club then if you think QPR isnt?

<_tece_>
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I thought Leigertwood was a bit of a donkey when it came to technique; but he was a big unit, and could put himself about.

I would probaby take him back now.

CPFC Guy
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
errr the fact they are one of the richest clubs in Europe, and still think he is fit to play in the side, do you think Palace is a 'decent' club then if you think QPR isnt?

No, I don't think that Palace are a decent club. However, they are in the Championship, just like QPR. Liegertwood wasn't good enough for us in the Premiership, so I don't understand why you're considering the opinions of a Championship club as the deciding factor over whether he's good or not. The wealth of a club has nothing to do with it either.

CPFC Guy
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by <_tece_>
I thought Leigertwood was a bit of a donkey when it came to technique; but he was a big unit, and could put himself about.

I would probaby take him back now.

So would I, but only because we're looking like we're gonna end up fighting against relegation from the Championship now, rather than the Premiership.

<_tece_>
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM
So would I, but only because we're looking like we're gonna end up fighting against relegation from the Championship now, rather than the Premiership.

Up to now, you're probably right :( .

But wait until we're 15 games down the line.