PDA

View Full Version : Football Aid 2008

Diehard
05-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Dopes anyone know if this match ever took place????
Last heard it was delayed from pre-season but the Football Aid website says it still TBC!:eek:

Shipp Ahoy!
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Whenever Palace reach the play off's the game tends to get delayed for months. Don't worry too much when I played it was sorted not too soon after the season started.

Matt25
05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
EDIT: Getting confused with soccer aid.

Ralph
05-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Diehard
Dopes anyone know if this match ever took place????
Last heard it was delayed from pre-season but the Football Aid website says it still TBC!:eek:

I assume you're playing this year then? Is it your first time? I wanted to play again but with moving house I've not had the money until now and I see it is too late. Pity.

Anyone else from the BBS playing in 2008 event??

Diehard
06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
No I am not playing this year. I played in the first match and again a season or so later. I also played at Villa Park which was pretty amazing.
The last couple of years I have been along to take photos as you can't normally get on the touchline at Selhurst.

If anyone on the boards is thinking about playing then DO. It is not that cheap but boy is it worth it!!! I won't forget my games ever!

Terry Bullivant screamed at me in one game because I pinged his short pass out wide to our winger and it went out of play......I gave him one of the doleful looks and said " I'm paying 300 quid for this Tel !!" He came over and laughed and put his arm round me. What a top man!

In another game in which I had only paid for the first half- I was told at half-time by our manager, Jim Barron, that I was to stay on for the second half! Naturally I did as I was told despite thinking that I was going to be hauled off at anytime. I played 90 minutes and Jim Barron left the Club shortly afterwards by mutual consent.....I wonder if I had anything to do with it!!

At Villa Park we lost 14- 1!! I had played and paid for the first half. At 5 nil down with me doing OKish at fullback, I thought bollox to this I am going to bomb forward or I'll never get in their half. So, I get hold of the ball and go on a long run from the back and swap passes with a colleague on the edge of the opposition box. Needless to say it was intercepted and they whip a ball stright back to where I should be defending but as I am not the athlete I was, there was no chance of me getting back! Hence within perhaps 15 seconds of my rush forward, we are picking the ball out of the net for the sixth time with everyone giving me dirty looks!!

I also spent some of the second half talking to Derek Dougan on the halfway line as he was the manger of the opposition - what a gent!

Shipp Ahoy!
06-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I played once and although it was a great experiance doing all the stuff the game itself is something I would rather forget. I was playing in goal and had a nightmare, I couldn't even catch a free kick just over head height sent in from the half way line.

About 25 minutes in I colided with someone when I dived in to win the ball at their feet and ended up with a nasty injury. Came back on for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half but had to come off as I couldn't move on it or dive. I had paid for the full 90 as well. We lost about 14-0 as well, I let in about 4 before my injury and then another 5 or 6 afterwards.

Billy Rhino
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I played last year and it was fantastic, especially having my hero Jim Cannon as our manager!

There's a clip of me having a really poor shot on YouTube and my mate singing 'What a waste of money'.......the git!:hmph:

Ralph
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
We lost about 14-0 as well, I let in about 4 before my injury and then another 5 or 6 afterwards.

...erm, we lost 14-1 it was my flick on for our consolation. Played the year after and it was only 4-2 which was far more enjoyable and entertaining as many of the people were from the previous year so we all knew each other a bit better.

Also managed to get on a Chelsea game for a half which finished 4-3, managed to mug off John Bumstead and swing in an immaculate cross for our equaliser and then picked up a ball from Scott Minto and hit the post. Those stories will live with me forever.

pallet
08-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I played once and some dirty git knock me over and pretended it was an accident :D (diehard)

Diehard
14-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by pallet
I played once and some dirty git knock me over and pretended it was an accident :D (diehard)

LOL !!!!

Dirty git??? Moi???

I am sure I apologised!!

Not my fault you were good........

Diehard
14-09-2008, 04:25 PM
By the way nobody has yet told me when this game is going to get played??

tom19
17-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Im new to this so hello people.
Just to say im playing in this and as of yet we dont know when it is going to be played. Hopefully around November time. It will be my first game so am really looking forward to it from what I have heard