PDA

View Full Version : Noades To Give Brentford To Supporters / Buy Loftus Road ?

Edmundo
29-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Incredibly, it seems he is going to do just that. At a crisis meeting last night, called by BIAS (Brentford Independent Association of Supporters), with Ron Noades in attendance, it was confirmed that the chairman of the supporters' trust, Bees United, is joining the board of Brentford FC Ltd and that Altonwood and Bees UNited are in negotiations for the proposed transfer of Altonwood's shareholding in Brentford FC Ltd to Bees United.

It also emerged that Brentford FC have offered to buy Loftus Road from the administrators of Loftus Road plc for 10m or a 50% share of it for 6m, both offers dependent on QPR continuing to play home games at Loftus Road. If accepted, Brentford would play home games at Loftus Road, and QPR could exit from administration, possibly by means of being purchased by their supporters' trust, QPR1st.

There's been quite a lot of rubbish written in some papers about Bees/QPR today - and as ever, it seems the Standard have missed the story completely - but the above is all gospel!

biggus mickus
29-01-2002, 11:52 PM
The day that dratsab gives anything away, I will get drunk.

Scoot
30-01-2002, 02:01 AM
Knowing that W@nker Noades, it will be Altonwood buying Loftus NOT Brentford.
:grrr:

Adrian
30-01-2002, 02:41 AM
Sounds fascinating: I think we're all genuinely interested in the outcome of this. Thanks for this, Edmundo: please keep us posted.

Edmundo
30-01-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Scoot
Knowing that W@nker Noades, it will be Altonwood buying Loftus NOT Brentford.
:grrr: He was very clear that it was Brentford FC that made the offer. Although until Griffin Park is sold, I can't see where we'd get the money from - apart from Altonwood, that is.

Men At Work
30-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Edmundo
It also emerged that Brentford FC have offered to buy Loftus Road

Now that would be sweet irony considering QPR tried to buy Brentford all those years ago.

Ruskin Old Boy
30-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Perhaps Uncle Ron is worried that he might be met at the Pearly Gates by St Peter wearing a Palace scarf :angel:

arussell
30-01-2002, 03:25 PM
He was very clear that it was Brentford FC that made the offer. Although until Griffin Park is sold, I can't see where we'd get the money from - apart from Altonwood, that is.

Was about to ask that very thing Ed.

I'm sure this will improve relations between Brentford and QPR fans !!!

Phil's Barber
30-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Does this mean he is going to give Selhurst Park to Simon Jordan? :rolleyes:

wedgetail
30-01-2002, 03:43 PM
I would imagine that Noades wants to sell BFC for 1 but with a large amount of debt to be taken on by the new owners. What do the Bee Fans think of a ground share with QPR?

bobmatt
30-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks for this Edmundo,
It has got me thinking that if Brentford were to ground share with QPR where would this leave Foolham whilst Craven Cottage is being rebuilt???.

Scoot
30-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by bobmatt
Thanks for this Edmundo,
It has got me thinking that if Brentford were to ground share with QPR where would this leave Foolham whilst Craven Cottage is being rebuilt???.

I doubt a Bee's fan would care much !!

Crunchie
30-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Just heard on Sky Sports that Noades has offered to buy Loftus Road as long as Brentford can share the ground?

Is this feasible?

I know at the end of the day a football stadium is just property, but are chairman allowed to own two grounds at the same time?

Also, is Noades going to raise the capital by selling Selhurst Park now Wimbledon are defiant in leaving, (with Koppel rumoured to be winding up the club if they don't move)?

Speculation please!

selhurst
30-01-2002, 11:50 PM
Very suspect. Noades could end up owning three football grounds (Griffin Park, Selhurst Park and Loftus Road), which can't be a healthy situation for the game. He keeps saying that he's retiring soon, so just what is he up to to?

Gooders
30-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Many people have ambitions to visit every league ground in the country.

But not to own them.

Pat of the Palace
30-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Also, Foolham want to groundshare with QPR while their dump is revamped. They'll have to bring back the astroturf!!

AJ
31-01-2002, 01:01 AM
The BIG difference here is that Noades owns(not the clubs) the grounds.

Strange, that Noades is prepared to put up millions for a peice of West London real estate, but, won't put a penny out to buy a new player for Brentford.

NewRoadBee
31-01-2002, 02:39 PM
The bid was;

a/10m for ownership of Loftus Road

b/ 6m for 50% ownership

Either deal included QPR as continuing to use LR, obviously as BFC`s tenants if option A.
Note "BFC`s tenants" as opposed to "Altonwood`s tenants" - this is how Noades himself described it, at a supporters emergency public meeting in Brentford on Monday night.

It looks like its pure conjecture as neither set of fans would be happy and it looks 99% sure (I hope its 100%!) that Foolam will be lodging at LR for 18 months anyway.

Apparently a Noades interview will be on the official Bees website at lunchtime. What is his next move we wonder?

biggus mickus
31-01-2002, 02:52 PM
NewRoad Bee I am so sorry we managed to palm this git on to you.:(

31-01-2002, 05:03 PM
A recorded interview with our beloved landlord has just been posted on www.brentfordfc.co.uk

I can't hear it cos I haven't got a soundcard :sob:

Anything interesting?

Parkice
31-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Apparently Noades is also putting up the surplus for the new Wembley....

The success of his T.V. program "Designer Vaginas" the other night has made him millions.... he was the first big c*nt to undergo the pioneering procedure...

The Planet
31-01-2002, 05:43 PM
If Loftus Road is worth 10M then what is Selhurst worth? Loftus Road is smaller, with no scope to expand, but it is probably more modern than Selhurst. And if two clubs are definitely going to play there it probably has a higher potential income than Selhurst (Dons could move, we could move, but Hammersmith and Fulham council were extremely supportive of QPR during the 'Fulham Park Rangers' days during the mid-1980s).

The other thing is that I assume Altonwood, not Brentford, own Griffin Park? If this is the case, then what is the value of Brentford, a loss-making club without its own ground? ie how much of a gift is Mr Burns making?

But if the Bees' fans really get to control their own club this could be a really positive move (as long as they continue to employ Sir Stevie!).

NewRoadBee
31-01-2002, 08:42 PM
The value of LR is rumoured to be as approaching 20m. The 10m bid is presumably based purely on the fact that the Rs are in administration.

However QPR have a good relationship with Hammersmith&Fulham council and the council do not want the Rs leaving the area, selling the ground, groundsharing permanently.

The value of GP is linked to the planning consent issue. Could be 15m, maybe a tad more or a tad less, all depends on the planning agreements.

Foolam are expeceted to confirm their tenancy at LR in the next day or two, so hopefully this is a lame duck.

Asking BFC to go to QPR (even as owners of LR) would be like asking CP to go and play at the Den or the Valley permanently.

Nonsense aint it.

g23
31-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Loftus Road is in a much more expensive area for property (and transport links mean you can actually get there!)

AJ
31-01-2002, 09:46 PM
I think there is probably something "iffy" here. I am sure that one club cannot own another's ground under FA/FL rules.
More than likely, BFC would own either Lotus Road or Brentford, but, not both.
As others can testify, unless Noades had a brush with the Almighty in the sky, there is a catch;)

Celestial Empire
01-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by g23
Loftus Road is in a much more expensive area for property (and transport links mean you can actually get there!)

If it stays a football ground, it's value is what someone will pay, and the owner will accept, for it, (SJ has been trying to explain that to Ron for the past year).
That makes Loftus probably worth about 4M.

NewRoadBee
02-02-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire

If it stays a football ground, it's value is what someone will pay, and the owner will accept, for it, (SJ has been trying to explain that to Ron for the past year).
That makes Loftus probably worth about 4M.

Good on SJ !!! :)

Raoul Duke
02-02-2002, 05:22 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought that contracts were signed last week ensuring that Fulham will be ground sharing with QPR for at the very least for the next season, or however long it takes to get their ground built.

NewRoadBee
04-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I may be wrong, but I thought that contracts were signed last week ensuring that Fulham will be ground sharing with QPR for at the very least for the next season, or however long it takes to get their ground built.

Rumour has it that ffc have around 13-14k s/t holders nowadays (where were they a few years back? i know, but anyway) apparently foolham are `concerned` that not all their (excuse me while i vomit) "regulars" will be acomodated at LR.

That, plus the fact that Hammersmith & Fulham council show a fine attitude towards QPR FC (in that they are proud to have them within the community) suggests that it may not be a done deal between QPR & FFC.

If this does in any way leave the door open for BFC to share at LR then both sets of fans will be up in arms biut it could materialise that, due to the Rs being in administration, all Bees fans could be suckered into this virtually unawares.

Who is to blame for all this sh**e???????

Answers on a ppostcard (NOT)

Stonewall
04-02-2002, 12:18 AM
What if Wimbledon get thier move? Fulham could be the next users or S.P. or even Brentford may if Uncle Ron has his way?

NewRoadBee
04-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Who knows what to think.

Oooooooh for a peaceful life eh? :p :rolleyes:

Give me the good old days of watching football every saturday and the odd tuesday without all this stressful crap....

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
04-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by tmjwat
I can't hear it cos I haven't got a soundcard :sob: Luddite!!!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
04-02-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Parkice
The success of his T.V. program "Designer Vaginas" the other night has made him millions.... he was the first big c*nt to undergo the pioneering procedure... True say :)

He's either made so many many millions now and he is getting so old that he is going soft... or the whole thing is a con and Noades will walk away smelling of roses with a few more million in his stinking pocket. The thing is he doesn't walk away does he? He hangs around, the blood sucking leech that he is. I hate him to the bone. As my granny used to say, "I hope he gets the runs" ;)

GreatGonzo
04-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by NewRoadBee
Who knows what to think.

Oooooooh for a peaceful life eh? :p :rolleyes:

Give me the good old days of watching football every saturday and the odd tuesday without all this stressful crap....

The day the powers that be bought into the television revolution, seeing it as a way to expand their own wealth those days will NEVER return, nowadays the fans don't come first, we don't even come second or third i don't think.

Edmundo
04-02-2002, 02:09 AM
Someone asked who owns Griffin Park. The answer is Brentford FC Ltd, which in turn is a subsidiary (although not a wholly owned one) of Altonwood Ltd.

It's really hard to figure out what's really going on or really going to happen. Giving Bees United control over the club does reassure me, although they need to find 100,000 to buy it (or 1 if they don't take the ground). I reckon we'll find the money somehow.

As for Loftus Road. Well it's better than Woking. It's better than going out of business altogether. And the irony of it from when they tried to close us down in '67 is supreme. But I think Bees fans would prefer to see the route out of Loftus Road before they will welcome the trip in.

Finally, if the League veto Milton Keynes for Wimbledon for a third time (which they should and probably would), I wouldn't be surprised to see the Norwegian owners wind the club up. Leaving aside your dislike of them, this would not be good for football - imagine it happening to Crystal Palace. However it would raise the spectre of Brentford sharing Selhurst Park.

But once Ron has given the club to the fans, he won't have the final say - as long as someone can find a way for him to extract his money from the bank. And that points to the sale of Griffin Park.

I don't suppose that Noades has worked it all out himself yet, but he's certainly found a way of keeping the maximum number of options available.

PalaceFan in Alabama
04-02-2002, 04:40 AM
I don't suppose that Noades has worked it all out himself yet, but he's certainly found a way of keeping the maximum number of options available.

But James is working on it, I understand that the price is a full set of Palace mugs or maybe a couple of Bees mugs as well :D :p

Random*
04-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Just been told that it has been confirmed that Fulham are to play at Loftus next season at a cost of 1 million... So that takes care of one of Noadesy's options.

biggus mickus
04-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Oy Noades, I said NO. Leave Brentford alone, you no good backstabing judas faced sod. Where ever you go you cause striffe, what is the matter with you. Oh I know, I am sorry Ron I forgot your greed.:(

Celestial Empire
06-02-2002, 07:24 PM
How about the Bees to Milton Keynes ? Quite a bit nearer for them, nice new (free) ground. It's probably longer to travel from Brentford to Selhurst than from Brentford to MK, they get bigger crowds too.

NewRoadBee
07-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
How about the Bees to Milton Keynes ? Quite a bit nearer for them, nice new (free) ground. It's probably longer to travel from Brentford to Selhurst than from Brentford to MK, they get bigger crowds too.

Sure its crossed his mind!

Stanley Bowles
07-02-2002, 01:11 AM
The Fulham deal is done. QPR may not be able to help Brentford now, but that doesn't stop Altonwood continuing to bid for the Loftus Road ground.