PDA

View Full Version : Mark Draper

Dartford Lad
07-02-2002, 09:30 PM
I have just heard from my uncle in Southampton, that we are looking in to the possibility of getting Draper on loan till the end of the season.

Not sure how much you can read into it though. :)

Beanie
07-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I have just heard from my uncle in Southampton, that we are looking in to the possibility of getting Draper on loan till the end of the season.

Not sure how much you can read into it though. :)

I thought he'd retired! Can't see what role he'd fill he's a "battler" isn't he? and we've got plenty of them. If we get a midfielder he needs to be creative.

Dartford Lad
07-02-2002, 09:45 PM
No he is in there reserve side I think. Like I said I don't know to much about it but I will try and find out some more about it.

Steve in Phoenix
07-02-2002, 10:16 PM
I thought he was gone too. He can battle but I remember him being pretty creative as well.. on the edges of the England team. He's been in promotion teams before so I guess his experience would be useful a la Vickers. Hope he's still in good shape if we do get him.

Gazza2
08-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Been out injured for quite a while, just regaining fitness

Gooders
09-02-2002, 02:58 AM
No he's much more than a battler...on his day...which hasn't come for about 4 years!

AJ
09-02-2002, 03:01 AM
I remember he joined Villa(I think) from Notts Co(I think) for about 4m a while back and I had never heard of him.
I was very impressed with him though, when I saw him play. A real battler, with talent.
He must be getting on though. Still, probably better than anything else we have in central midfield, even when injured.

CK
10-02-2002, 05:14 AM
Apart from combative I seem to remember he had a good scoring record from deep. He was touted as a future star with all the big clubs after him, but it did'nt happen. Must have been out of it for ages i'd forgotten all about him. Could be interesting:cool:

Sir.S.C Remembered
13-02-2002, 01:07 AM
he USED to be a very good player!

Walrus
13-02-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered

Yep, he shone like the brightest star in the heavens when at Notts County. He should have stayed there - his career went nowhere and County have been pants ever since he moved to Villa :cool:

Still, any loan to cover the huge gaps in our squad is a good one IMO. I would worry if the words "With a view to a you-know-what" were attached in the small print though :sob:

Jolly Norwegian
13-02-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I think that pretty much sums it up...:rolleyes: