PDA

View Full Version : Warnock rules out Healy and Harewood bids

cpfcfan1
11-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock is doubtful he will now get forward cover for Alan Lee.

Warnock ruled out a move for Jonathan Stead after the transfer window closed on September 1.

But the chance to sign players on loan began again three days ago.

Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane is understood to deem Stead surplus to requirements, but Warnock last week ruled out further talks with the player about coming to Selhurst Park.

And this week he told the Advertiser that Sunderland's David Healy and Aston Villa's Marlon Harewood were not on his radar.

Unimpressed by Healy, the Eagles boss said he would be priced out of a deal for former West Ham hitman Harewood.

Newcastle are understood to be waiting for the 30-year-old to return to full fitness before firmly upping their interest.

Ahead of facing Scunthorpe tomorrow (Saturday), Warnock added: "There's nobody coming in and I don't think we'll get anybody now."

Warnock last week praised Lee, who scored at Peterborough, easing the manager's urgency to bring in another striker after Stern John suffered a serious elbow injury on his Palace debut on the first day of the season. It is hoped he can return by the end of October.

Palace will be without the suspended Paddy McCarthy for the home test against Scunthorpe, meaning Claude Davis could slot in with Jose Fonte at centre-back.

the kooch
11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock is doubtful he will now get forward cover for Alan Lee.

Warnock ruled out a move for Jonathan Stead after the transfer window closed on September 1.

But the chance to sign players on loan began again three days ago.

Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane is understood to deem Stead surplus to requirements, but Warnock last week ruled out further talks with the player about coming to Selhurst Park.

And this week he told the Advertiser that Sunderland's David Healy and Aston Villa's Marlon Harewood were not on his radar.

Unimpressed by Healy, the Eagles boss said he would be priced out of a deal for former West Ham hitman Harewood.

Newcastle are understood to be waiting for the 30-year-old to return to full fitness before firmly upping their interest.

Ahead of facing Scunthorpe tomorrow (Saturday), Warnock added: "There's nobody coming in and I don't think we'll get anybody now."

Warnock last week praised Lee, who scored at Peterborough, easing the manager's urgency to bring in another striker after Stern John suffered a serious elbow injury on his Palace debut on the first day of the season. It is hoped he can return by the end of October.

Palace will be without the suspended Paddy McCarthy for the home test against Scunthorpe, meaning Claude Davis could slot in with Jose Fonte at centre-back.

What. :hmph:

That's shit.

The Sniper
11-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Mind games? :rolleyes:

IW_Eagle
11-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Fair play to Alan Lee. Head down, work hard.

pauldrulez
11-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Pinney better be on the bench then.

nellis
11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Whilst this is no real surprise, I take everything old silvertongue says with a pinch of salt.

glaziers fan
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Pinney better be on the bench then.

Why? We're not even utilising all the forward options open to us at the moment.

Lee, Sears, Moses and Scannell are enough, with John to come back in a month or so as well.
The only time I could see us being worried is if Alan Lee got injured before Stern John was fit, but even then there's Fonte who could do a good job upfront, and N'Diaye who could have a go up there.

We don't need another striker, and frankly, if I was SJ, I wouldn't sanction it anyway.

I think we've got a fantastic bunch of players with more balance than I've seen for ages. My priority would be signing Ryan Smith on a longer term deal - until January at least.

AJ
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I expect not selling anyone in the transfer window has it's implications and no more players are being allowed to be signed, something I am happy with. Moses upfront would not exactly be a disaster, imo.

EagleSE24
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I want us to rule someone in!

Ron Dogers
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I think we've got a fantastic bunch of players with more balance than I've seen for ages. My priority would be signing Ryan Smith on a longer term deal - until January at least.

I really want Ryan to do well, we have not had magical wing moments and decent crosses since the vastly underused Dagenham Dave produced a few moments when allowed on the pitch but so far all he seems to have done is run into traffic and shoot when no shot was on? I hope I am wrong so far everyone NW has tried, Kyle Reid etc seem to be worse than Dag'

Celestial Empire
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Dartford Dave ?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Dartford Dave ?

Ron Dogers must be a Morrissey fan ;)

Kirby
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Moses Lee and Sears upfront suits me.

We've always got Scannell to come off the bench, and N'Diaye can play the targetman role if needs be.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I want us to rule someone in!

This is a good point. If the new media trend is to report all of the players Palace are not going to sign, we're going to be all over the papers for at least a year.