PDA

View Full Version : Palace priced out of loan market

Il Padrino
15-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Croydon Guardian:
Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock is not expecting to sign anyone on loan.

The Eagles were linked with a move for Wolves striker Sam Vokes this week but look to have been priced out of a deal with Middlesborough and Newcastle set to meet a hefty loan fee imposed by the Welshman's parent club.

And, with money tight at Selhurst Park, Warnock does not believe there will be any extra funds available soon to aid bringing in another striker.

"I don't think we will be able to sign anyone to be honest," he said.

"We will see if anything comes available that we can get but it doesn't look like it will at the moment."

dannyboy1807
15-09-2009, 12:00 PM
what about the free market there has to be some players available cheap who need a job

Beanie
15-09-2009, 01:26 PM
what about the free market there has to be some players available cheap who need a job
Most of them haven't got a job because they're no good, or at least not Championship quality.

Budgie Byrne
15-09-2009, 01:53 PM

If NW says there is not a lot of money, then while a player might be free to sign, we would have to pay him wages. Any player who would improve the squad is going to be on a reasonable salary and therefore we will be priced out of the market.

dowieslovechild
15-09-2009, 02:15 PM
We're all doomed!!!

Face up to it we are well and truly in the brown stuff!

st albans
15-09-2009, 02:20 PM
jesus, we can't even afford to get players on loan

DaveP
15-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Well according to Mick Jones in his weekly blog on the official site he has stated that we are still actively seeking to sign another striker and that both him and Ronnie Jepson have been to games to watch 2 strikers in the past 2 days so Neil is still obviously looking to strengthen.

dowieslovechild
15-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Looks like the club is being run into the ground and but for his friendship with Jordan I'm surprised that Warnock has stuck around for so long?

I hope that it doesn't come to it, but maybe its time to start preparing for the distinct possibility of football in League One next season, as not since the dark days of administration and the Mullery era have I seen us field such a weak team of players, who lack motivation, have no class, no will to win and who are not prepared to keep going. We are left with a team that has no proven goalscorer, poor distribution in the middle, a dodgy defence and a manager whose tactics just aren't working. :(

Maidstoned Eagle
15-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Probably being a bit dense here ut....aren't loans just that....loans. ie They're free apart from some sort of agreement on wages obviously.

AJ
15-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Probably being a bit dense here ut....aren't loans just that....loans. ie They're free apart from some sort of agreement on wages obviously.

Loans have changed. Clubs set a price for the loan, which the loaning club agrees to pay. From what I've heard Freddie Sears loan is 300k, but, Sears was reportedly only on 1200 a week?

Palaceboy222
15-09-2009, 03:29 PM
We are left with a team that has no proven goalscorer, poor distribution in the middle, a dodgy defence and a manager whose tactics just aren't working. :(

Thank **** for Speroni really

Roadblock
15-09-2009, 03:35 PM
If we're being priced out of the transfer market and the loan market, is this as bad as it gets without going into administration?

Other clubs in our division with small budgets like Scunthorpe and Peterborough, are they in the same position, unable to even loan a player?

dowieslovechild
15-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Thank **** for Speroni really

I agree he's the only consistent player that we have at the moment. Moses blows hot and cold, Clyne is still developing and as for the rest, they represent poor value for money.

GodstoneEagle
15-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Mifsud is a free agent

SpikeyMatt
15-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Mifsud is a free agent

He's meant to be an absolute knob.

And he's got a receding hairline.

No thanks, but there again - beggars cannot be choosers.

James
15-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Isn't that the problem (i.e. finding the wages)? The wage bill at Palace is less than it was - but it's still high and the Club is running at a significant loss when wages and rent is taken into account.

dannyboy1807
15-09-2009, 04:22 PM
isn't henri camara out of contract (more hope that he is desperate), mamaday Sidibe, david connelly,

morrison87
15-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Well i do wonder who this 5"11 player with a reputation is that he was looking at to sign on loan 'with a bit of luck'

jobiinthelastmi
15-09-2009, 08:31 PM
He's meant to be an absolute knob.

And he's got a receding hairline.

No thanks, but there again - beggars cannot be choosers.

I hate to say it, but he could potentially do a job.

One of those players who has absolutely no skill whatsoever, but has pace and can score a few.

Not a Warnock player, and yes he is a nob!

thefox
16-09-2009, 05:53 AM
If we're being priced out of the transfer market and the loan market, is this as bad as it gets without going into administration?

Other clubs in our division with small budgets like Scunthorpe and Peterborough, are they in the same position, unable to even loan a player?

From Wiki

There are plans to build a new 25000 all seater stadium on the city's embankment, these plans are still in the feasibility stage.

[edit] "The MacAnthony Era"

On September 18, 2006 Peterborough United announced the "biggest signing in the club's history", new chairman Darragh MacAnthony chairman of MRI Overseas Property. MacAnthony has bought 200 shares in PUFC and said his goal is to become the sole owner. In its AGM of 05/09/2006 Posh Supporters' Trust said it owned 1390 shares. The deal was delayed in November 2006 when the owner of the ground, Peterborough United Holdings (PUHL), refused the sale until it had planning permission for development of the Moyes End terrace and building of 135 flats.

A £1,000,000 bid for striker Izale McLeod was rejected by his club, MK Dons. They have since signed George Boyd from Stevenage for a reported £260,000 [1] , Aaron McLean from Grays Athletic for around £150,000 [2], Josh Low from Leicester for a fee rising to £100,000 [3], Gabriel Zakuani from Fulham for a reported fee nearing the £400,000 mark [4], and England Under-21 International Joe Lewis for a Peterborough United Record £400,000, which has know risen to £500,000 due to promotion.

Peterborough had also signed 32-year-old central midfielder Micah Hyde for £80,000 from Burnley whose contract has now been terminated; and strikers Scott Rendell and Liam Hatch from Cambridge United and Barnet for a fee around the £150,000 mark.

Darragh MacAnthony outlined his intent to take Peterborough United into the Championship when he rejected a £2,000,000 and a £2,500,000 bid for strikers Aaron McLean and Craig Mackail-Smith. It was also reported that Celtic and Rangers were after McLean, Mackail-Smith and also George Boyd but were priced out due to the combined £15,000,000 wanted by the club for all three.

Maidstoned Eagle
16-09-2009, 06:04 AM
That´ll be the same Daragh McAnthony who´s property empireis going tits up over here then?

917L
16-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Isn't that the problem (i.e. finding the wages)?

Not according to the article, its finding the up front 'loan fee'

thefox
16-09-2009, 06:28 AM
That´ll be the same Daragh McAnthony who´s property empireis going tits up over here then?

Don't know I guess so , like Jordans ? I know nothing about him except for that article.