PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Embargo Back in Place

Pages : [1] 2 3

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I do not have any further details but this is reliable information. It would explain why we are not even looking at any loans without fees atm.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Sake what is going on at this club!

pedro
16-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I do not have any further details but this is reliable information. It would explain why we are not even looking at any loans without fees atm.
The FA have put it in place until SJ pays all the fans their money back for the Scunthorpe game.

Dal
16-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh dear.

Have we broken our agreement to pay the bonuses that were outstanding?

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 09:17 AM
The FA have put it in place until SJ pays all the fans their money back for the Scunthorpe game.

lol :D

Mind you both Chelsea and Bournemouth have one as well so we are in the company of clubs at the top of their respective leagues - maybe it is an omen.

macstar
16-09-2009, 09:29 AM
want SJ to come out and tell us EXACTLY whats going on, because i reckon we will be going under soon.

the club is at an all time low on and off the field, and its not going to get any better>>

milky87
16-09-2009, 09:37 AM
the club is at an all time low on and off the field,

I am not sure how long you have been going for but I have seen alot worse in my time as a Palace fan.

cpfcfan1
16-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Meh, How depressing

patch
16-09-2009, 09:39 AM
oh dear :(

DocSavage
ahh the old "cheques in the post" ploy worked again

<_tece_>
Let 's not jump to panic stations just yet.

If, however, we do find ourselves in the trenches, we have fight our way out of the doldrums and not just bend over and take it (like I fear we would in the current scenario).

<_tece_>
16-09-2009, 09:41 AM
In any case, as far as I'm concerned, not going into administration is just delaying the inevitable anyway. Might as well get it over and done with - and then maybe we will get new owners who are going invest in our stale club.

Paul Romain
16-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Mick Jones blog on the club site from a couple of days back suggests they are actively looking this week....has this just happened today/yesterday Lesley?

Icy
16-09-2009, 09:43 AM
We cant afford anyone anyway so who cares. Shame we didnt have a transfer embargo while Taylor was at the helm.

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Mick Jones blog on the club site from a couple of days back suggests they are actively looking this week....has this just happened today/yesterday Lesley?

As I said I really do not have any more information at present. They may well be expectting it to be temporary. it may be temporary - all I know is that it is there now.

The Gerry Queen
16-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Not sure about this. It could just be someone like Oster whinging about details or it could be more serious. SJ has been cavalier about how he pays some bills in the past eg Electricity payments for floodlights. I must admit looking at Leeds and Southampton signing players and quietly getting on with rebuilding it makes sense to comtemplate how we might make up a ten point deficit and do better with new owners. Doomsday option for Jordan though.

James
16-09-2009, 10:01 AM
As I said I really do not have any more information at present. They may well be expectting it to be temporary. it may be temporary - all I know is that it is there now.Are you 100% sure about this Lesley? I don't need to tell you about the possible consequences of posting something like this if it isn't accurate.

If it's simply hearsay - even from someone you have no reason to doubt - with nothing else to back it up, I would sooner not keep this thread going.

TC EAGLE
16-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Weird didn't we clear up all outstanding payments to get it lifted like Oster, Brizzle and Ipswich. I can only assume this is tax related or other non player involvement

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Are you 100% sure about this Lesley? I don't need to tell you about the possible consequences of posting something like this if it isn't accurate.

If it's simply hearsay - even from someone you have no reason to doubt - with nothing else to back it up, I would sooner not keep this thread going.

I am sure. It was a response to a specific request and completely unequivical - it has come from the FL though none offical channels - it is up to you if you leave it up or not. As last time people got moaned at for not being clear I am being as clear and transparent as I can be.

James
16-09-2009, 10:05 AM
OK.

dannyboy1807
16-09-2009, 10:07 AM
if you are wrong no pudding for a week

SpikeyMatt
16-09-2009, 10:23 AM
If true, administration must be a lot closer than we thought :(

Balls.

9Freedman9
16-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Untill I see an article or something similarthis is bull.

AJ
16-09-2009, 10:36 AM
May have explained the players attitude on Saturday?

gold76
16-09-2009, 10:38 AM
People always moan that SW16girl is a doom mongerer
But she is not a liar

I can believe that this is true & it doesn't bode well

these are bad times, I hope not mid 70's early 80's bad times!

I think last nights P-P was a blessing in disguise, a few knocks may clear up

I truly feel in my heart that we will pummell Derby on Saturday

Onwards & upwards!

wedgetail
16-09-2009, 10:40 AM
It's OK I've bought a ticket for this Friday

Psychokiller
16-09-2009, 10:41 AM
DOOM!

917L
16-09-2009, 10:43 AM
It would explain why we are not even looking at any loans without fees atm.

Would it?

Surely a transfer is a transfer, whether there are fee's or not

So if loans fall under the embargo surely they would fee or no fee?

And who said we're 'only' looking at loans without fee's?

Will S
16-09-2009, 10:47 AM
All a bit of a mess really... perhaps time Mr Jordan gave a nice big interview to Palace World and answered a few questions, allayed a few worries. A thumping good win over Derby on Saturday would remove a few clouds - another defeat and it's remarkably easy how a few dodgy results and an uncertain mood can create the kind of cancer within a club that beset Charlton last year, for example.

So, erm... yes... DOOM (ish)

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 10:48 AM
But she is not a liar

She may not be a liar, but she isnt averse to spreading malicious rumours.

Though I do not think she is lying in this instance.

paf
16-09-2009, 10:51 AM

thanks as ever for the information. Keep up the good work.

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 11:03 AM
That's not true

That is a slur and untrue in itself - I am not a liar and I would ask you to withdraw that statement or substantiate it

FraserH
16-09-2009, 11:08 AM
have we a source or confirmed story anyway or is it a cloak and dagger "reliable source"?

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I have EFA

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 11:10 AM
have we a source or confirmed story anyway or is it a cloak and dagger "reliable source"?

See my post which makes the position as to where the information has come from clear. As usual you pays your money and takes your choice as to whether you believe it or not.

BB Bob
16-09-2009, 11:10 AM
http://home.btconnect.com/rdi/frazer.jpg

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I have EFA

No you haven't but you have at least removed your incorrect allegation and I really cannot be getting too worried about your petty little vendetta otherwise. There are and were no malicious rumours as is becoming apparent.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 11:14 AM

FraserH
16-09-2009, 11:17 AM
See my post which makes the position as to where the information has come from clear. As usual you pays your money and takes your choice as to whether you believe it or not.

so cloak and dagger then.

im not asking for names and telephone numbers just a bit of info which substantiates the rumour.

pedro
16-09-2009, 11:53 AM
That is a slur and untrue in itself - I am not a liar and I would ask you to withdraw that statement or substantiate it
I cannot believe he is not on your 'ignore list' SW16girl. Just treat this comment with the contempt it deserves and add it to his countless other ridiculous posts that have appeared in the past.

Selhurst300
16-09-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm going to stick up for sw16 here.
I always find her posts in respect of what is going on at the club well-written and thoughtful.
I cannot think of any post that is a rumour, as sw16 normally gives a basis for what she writes.
As for malicious, my impression is that she wants Palace to succeed, so not sure where you're coming from.
Do you have any evidence or are you spreading a malicious rumour?

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you have any evidence

I do, but I am not about to breach trust and post it on here.

People can believe what they want to believe. But to believe sw16girl is a saint on such matters is to be foolish.

David
16-09-2009, 12:34 PM
No you haven't but you have at least removed your incorrect allegation and I really cannot be getting too worried about your petty little vendetta otherwise. There are and were no malicious rumours as is becoming apparent.

Don't worry about it.

Remember he thought we didn't play too badly on Saturday so you have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt!

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 12:36 PM

People can believe what they want to believe. But to believe sw16girl is a saint on such matters is to be foolish.

I think it is time to peg this one down What you have is a pm I sent to someone in January when I was extremely worried about the clubs finances - as I am now - I used the phrase "black hole" to describe the situation after the end of January.

I sent it to someone who I thought would be equally concerned but it seemed he was mainly concerned in making me look bad. This has been circulated as proof that I was "spreading malicious rumours". In fact I was sharing information I had been given - it was certainly not malicious. In fact using slightly less informal language I had posted similar information on the BBS anyway. The information was entirely valid but I accept that the language used was rather less formal than I use on here as is generally the case with PMs. I think that showed how worried I was though.

Anyway I will make no more comment on it as the real news is the embargo.

David
16-09-2009, 12:36 PM
As for this news.................

I can't imaging the FL are going to be very happy with us again for this. Maybe the sale of Moses and Clyne was vital to us and the future of the club.

I don't want to go through another 1998 - 1999 scenario.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 12:37 PM
To clarify - I dont have that PM - that PM isnt my evidence.

David
16-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Oh my word.....this is a bloody fun football message site, not and episode of the Bill.

Beanie
16-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I am not sure how long you have been going for but I have seen alot worse in my time as a Palace fan.
Was going to say exactly the same thing - has been MUCH worse both of and on the field

David
16-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Was going to say exactly the same thing - has been MUCH worse both of and on the field

Yes it has but the possiblilty of a points deducation nowadays means that we would almost certainly get relegated if this were to happen.

Thank goodness there were no such penalties when we were in admistration.

917L
16-09-2009, 01:03 PM
as the real news is the alleged embargo.

EFA

mushroom
16-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Kolinkins knows a friend of our manager, who is less than impressed with sw16girl.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I love all the mind reading.

BTW - arent clubs who are in the process of a take over put under and embargo?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
16-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Mind you both Chelsea and Bournemouth have one as well so we are in the company of clubs at the top of their respective leagues - maybe it is an omen.

:D

I have some more straws here if you would like to clutch at them!

Open question to the BBS, sorry if it's been answered before, but if Palace were to go into admin again, would they be the first ever club to have done so twice?

Because we were the admin trendsetters (years ahead of our time as usual) we got away with punishment first time around. But to enter administration a second time.... It would be somewhat unforgivable. Would the FL want to set a precedent/make an example of CPFC?

mushroom
16-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Kolinkins knows a friend of our manager, who is less than impressed with sw16girl.

Do you deny this?

Kevan Woz Awful
16-09-2009, 01:14 PM

In November I complete my 54th year of supporting this club.
Whilst I echo what Beanie has to say he has the font size of 'MUCH WORSE' way too small.

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 01:15 PM

I have some more straws here if you would like to clutch at them!

Open question to the BBS, sorry if it's been answered before, but if Palace were to go into admin again, would they be the first ever club to have done so twice?

Because we were the admin trendsetters (years ahead of our time as usual) we got away with punishment first time around. But to enter administration a second time.... It would be somewhat unforgivable. Would the FL want to set a precedent/make an example of CPFC?

No problems there - Rotherham have been admin twice as have Bournemouth. Luton have been in administration 3 times. I think both Bradford and Darlington have been in administration twice as well but I am not completely sure about that.

It is still 10 points for going into administration but it seems that if you come out of admin other than via a CVA the FA give you a different additional penalty - 15 points for Leeds (who had only been in admin once), 17 points for bournemouth and Rotherham and 20 points for Luton. However those extra penalties are only applied if there is no CVA - and that only happens where it is blocked by creditors who are owed more than 25% of the debts - normally HMRC.

James
16-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I love all the mind reading.

BTW - arent clubs who are in the process of a take over put under and embargo?
I don't think so!

In any event, we are certainly not "in the process of a take-over" sadly.

James
16-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Klinks knows Justin?

leelouca
16-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think so!

In any event, we are certainly not "in the process of a take-over" sadly.

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Klinks knows Justin?

I don't know Justin at all!

I could have known him had I been free on World T20 finals day though.

GMan
16-09-2009, 01:26 PM
i do love and look forward to sw 16 girfls post...seems to revel in trhe clubs problems in my opinion

ardeo
16-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Presuming this is true, its very worrying, if we can't support ourselves during the season we are in big trouble, especially come the end of the season when we have to pay out bonuses etc again :(

FraserH
16-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Presuming this is true, its very worrying, if we can't support ourselves during the season we are in big trouble, especially come the end of the season when we have to pay out bonuses etc again :(

IF we make it to the end of the season! we are doomed and could be done and dusted by xmas according to the latest reports

GMan
16-09-2009, 01:32 PM
can everyone chill out ffs

FraserH
16-09-2009, 01:33 PM
i was jokin

spike
16-09-2009, 01:37 PM
We pay bonuses for relegation?

FraserH
16-09-2009, 01:39 PM

i have heard from a source ( a reliable one which i cant name) the squad have been offered relegation bonuses instead of win bonuses, which would explain why we have been playing so badly recently.

DaveP
16-09-2009, 01:46 PM
i have heard from a source ( a reliable one which i cant name) the squad have been offered relegation bonuses instead of win bonuses, which would explain why we have been playing so badly recently.

Thats absolute rubbish! So your saying that the players have been promised a bonus for getting the club relegated? You are in cuckoo land!!!

ardeo
16-09-2009, 01:49 PM
IF we make it to the end of the season! we are doomed and could be done and dusted by xmas according to the latest reports

I was considering putting IF in, but didn't want to be accused of scare mongering and hounded out of (off) the BBS.

FraserH
16-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thats absolute rubbish! So your saying that the players have been promised a bonus for getting the club relegated? You are in cuckoo land!!!

:D is the correct term here "WHOOSH"?

west country boy
16-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thats absolute rubbish! So your saying that the players have been promised a bonus for getting the club relegated? You are in cuckoo land!!!http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/monkeyspit1658/Woosh.jpg

ardeo
16-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Well bonuses seemed to be a problem last season after a poor finish, i'm sure the players will need something to cheer them up if they get relegated - like some unpaid bonuses.

FraserH
16-09-2009, 01:51 PM
ha ha :D

Bobsta
16-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Moo

AJ
16-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Maybe the dildo king and his sidekick will make an offer SJ cannot refuse:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8257789.stm

btw: Is that what is called a Karen Brady wardrobe malfunction :D

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Don't worry about it.

Remember he thought we didn't play too badly on Saturday so you have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt!

Not that it's particularly relevant to this discussion, I happened to think we didn't play too badly on Saturday, too.

GEO1982
16-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe the dildo king and his sidekick will make an offer SJ cannot refuse:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8257789.stm

btw: Is that what is called a Karen Brady wardrobe malfunction :D

I have been told they are interested in West Ham (was told this about 2 months ago)

GodstoneEagle
16-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Administration is inevitable. Whether now, or in a year IMO

selhurst.cpfc
16-09-2009, 02:33 PM

This made me :D

PhyshtaMagishta
16-09-2009, 02:58 PM

what, like phoning club call?

Jim Cannons Moustache
16-09-2009, 03:02 PM
what, like phoning club call?

Invaluable back in the day, with the amount of money I spent listening to updates on Gary Bennett's impending move I could have bought him myself.

when I say "I", I of course mean "my parents"

Crunchie
16-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Kolinkins, you do seem to have some wierd obsessional crusade against some people on here.

First is was Limited Edition.

Now it is SW16 girl.

Who's next????

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Kolinkins, you do seem to have some wierd obsessional crusade against some people on here.

Now it is SW16 girl.

Who's next????You, probably. Brace yourself.

Glad it wasn't just me that noticed it. He could start an argument in an empty chat room.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Now it is SW16 girl.

Who's next????

It was never a crusade against L_E - he just posted a whole load of stuff I disagreed with and got upset that I disagreed with him. He asked me to stop, so I did.

Everyone has people who disagree with everything they say - David seems to do the same with me, I just ignore him. GG spouts shit, so I have him on ignore. There are ways of dealing with such people.

I'm in no way obsessed by sw16girl, but I am not going to stand back and watch her stir people into a panic without her disclosing the full facts. It's not on.

I fully accept we're in the financial mire. However, I dont find her posts helpful or constructive (or even, on the whole, informative). We were doomed if we didnt sell one of the kids. And so, we didnt sell them, yet still signed 2 players. She talked about there being no bids for the kids. Which, while true, is a half truth. What she doesnt go on to tell us is that the reason we didnt get a bid was because the fee we were asking for was too high.

If you see this as an obsession, that is your PoV which you are entitled to.

The only things I am obsessed with are:

1 - the best for CPFC

2 - the truth

GoodFriday69
16-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Meh, How depressing
Your "meh" always puts a smile on my face ... unlike the current situation at SE25. Ho hum, :rolleyes:

Budgie Byrne
16-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I fully accept we're in the financial mire. However, I dont find her posts helpful or constructive (or even, on the whole, informative). We were doomed if we didnt sell one of the kids. And so, we didnt sell them, yet still signed 2 players. She talked about there being no bids for the kids. Which, while true, is a half truth. What she doesnt go on to tell us is that the reason we didnt get a bid was because the fee we were asking for was too high.

1 - the best for CPFC

2 - the truth

Not sure how Lesley's post about no offers coming in for the kids was a half truth? From what I have picked up it was 100% correct, The fact that the club were asking too much for them, from my point of view fails to make it a half truth. The facts appear to be that no offer came in from any club during the summer for either Moses or Clyne.

It may well be that the two players we signed were in fact only signed because the chairman expected Clyne and Moses to move and took a gamble?

I think we all want the best for CPFC and we all want the truth, but if you want the truth perhaps the first person to address that comment to is the chairman, who appears to have misled the fans over a number of issues in his period at the club. The ground ownership perhaps being the biggest and most disappointing fib, this was not even a half truth!

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I think we all want the best for CPFC and we all want the truth, but if you want the truth perhaps the first person to address that comment to is the chairman, who appears to have misled the fans over a number of issues in his period at the club. The ground ownership perhaps being the biggest and most disappointing fib, this was not even a half truth!Well said. Selhurst and CPFC renunited. Get the T-shirt, etc. Almost 3 years on, do we actually own the ground outright ? Cough, cough........erm.

elgin eagle
16-09-2009, 04:07 PM
IMHO if it's true it may not be that much of a bad thing. The key will be getting the best out of all the midfielders we have, and getting Sears scoring 24 in 26 again. Perhaps a change of formation is the answer, perhaps to a Christmas tree where the two behind sears track their full backs when attacks break down. The squad is definately no weaker than last season, it just seems to lack confidence atm with the lack of goals.

Il Padrino
16-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Invaluable back in the day, with the amount of money I spent listening to updates on Gary Bennett's impending move I could have bought him myself.

when I say "I", I of course mean "my parents"

That used to be my voice :) Not in Gary Bennettts day - much much later

davematt
16-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Off the field I completley agree; I have even seen worse and I am only a fan of around 15 years.

However, off the field, I think we are in the complete shitter right now, and unless we get a new buyer, its going to get even worse.

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Hmmmm....

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=36215&headline=Exclusive:%20Palace%20back%20under%20tran sfer%20embargo

David Amsalem
16-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for sharing SW16.

DaveP
16-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Now is definately a time where Simon Jordan needs to come out and make a statement making everything clear or better than that a proper fans forum where all fans can attend without having to pay extortinate money to get in!

I doubt either will happen though.

dannyboy1807
16-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Who needs new players anyway

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for sharing SW16.

Indeed, thanks SW16 :)

morrison87
16-09-2009, 04:47 PM
This is serious now. Twice we have had an embargo and we all know whats coming next ADMINISTRATION

cpfcfan1
16-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Can anyone shed any light onto what its for this time?

ZOHAR
16-09-2009, 04:54 PM
CRYSTAL Palace will not be able to strengthen their squad with any loan signings in the near future as the Football League have hit the club with another transfer embargo.

A block on transfers was first introduced at the end of June after the Eagles failed to pay former players wages and current players bonuses.

The ban was lifted shortly after and the matter seemed to be in the past, but the Advertiser can reveal that Football League have reinforced the block on signings this week.

Manager Neil Warnock was keen to add firepower to his attack with another forward but will now be forced to work with what he's got, at least until the ban is lifted.

For the full story and reaction from the club see Friday's Advertiser.

morrison87
16-09-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=36215&headline=Exclusive: Palace back under transfer embargo

Quotes from neil warnock as well

David
16-09-2009, 05:03 PM
It was never a crusade against L_E - he just posted a whole load of stuff I disagreed with and got upset that I disagreed with him. He asked me to stop, so I did.

Everyone has people who disagree with everything they say - David seems to do the same with me, I just ignore him.

Some of the rubbish you post is just laughable. To be honest, I remember the day you said some things about L_E on here that went too far. And yes you did have a problem with him I remember it well. You seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't see Warncok as the greatest thing since slice bread.

It was so noticeable how quiet you were on Saturday after your beloved Warnock had humiliated this football club. You popped up with one sentence - "we didn't play too badly!"...........I mean come on. Then as soon as someone who you clearly 'resepct' said that he'd lost all respect for your opinion you backtracked as fast as you could.

Richard
16-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm in no way obsessed by sw16girl ...Oh, please ...

The Gerry Queen
16-09-2009, 05:07 PM
It could be a late payment for the money owed to Ipswich for Alan Lee or even an official complaint by the ever mercurial Mr Oster & co, disputing their bonus payments. I wouldn't put it past some of them to attempt to profit from our sad situation. If it was something like that the FA would automatically have to reinstate the embargo while they investigated any allegations. If, and only if it is still about bonuses, I hope we could launch a counter claim to recover any costs which may have incurred by us from an erroneous allegation. Even if we have to prolong the embargo ( not as if we're signing anyone anyway) it would be good to win back something from such an annoying and greedy people.

TC EAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Maybe Mr Byfield can shed some light on whats happening terry.byfield@cpfc.co.uk <terry.byfield@cpfc.co.uk> or here for other contacts http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ClubMediaContacts/0,,10794~1357329,00.html

James
16-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Now it's been confirmed independently, I hope that everyone who doubted Lesley (including me) will offer her a sincere apology.

Having someone with genuine insider knowledge like SW16girl posting on the BBS (even if we do share her with HoL) is a privilege ... even if most of what she tells us we might sooner not know.

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Matbe Mr Byfield can shed some light on whats happening terry.byfield@cpfc.co.uk <terry.byfield@cpfc.co.uk>

Seeing as the official website is about ten light-years behind every other news outlet, I doubt Terry will even know we're subject to another transfer embargo.

AJ
16-09-2009, 05:20 PM
SJ may be doing this on purpose to stop NW picking up anymore overpaid injury prone journeymen on loan.

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:22 PM
It was so noticeable how quiet you were on Saturday after your beloved Warnock had humiliated this football club...

You don't do your own posts any credit when you write stuff like this.

It's as if no football club has ever lost a game by more than three goals...

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:23 PM
SJ may be doing this on purpose to stop NW picking up anymore overpaid injury prone journeymen on loan.

Who was the last overpaid journeyman loan signing Palace picked up?

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Who was the last overpaid journeyman loan signing Palace picked up?

Claude Davis? :D *runs off and hides*

TC EAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Seeing as the official website is about ten light-years behind every other news outlet, I doubt Terry will even know we're subject to another transfer embargo.

Got that from The football league website under club media contacts

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 05:27 PM

And later in said thread, I was more critical.

David
16-09-2009, 05:27 PM

At home to struggling Scunthorpe United who had previously lost their only 2 away games 4-0 and then to have Steve Claridge on the Football League show talk about us. It was humiliating.

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 05:31 PM
At home to struggling Scunthorpe United who had previously lost their only 2 away games 4-0 and then to have Steve Claridge on the Football League show talk about us. It was humiliating.

Does anyone really care what Steve Claridge says?

I certainly don't.

:)

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Again, these kind of results sometimes happen. Football is like that, it's unpredictable in every possible way. 4-0 defeats are never enjoyable, but they happen. It's a massive blip, but it's just that - a blip. To suggest it is anything else is just fallacy.

As for Claridge, he talks shit about every team.

David
16-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Again, these kind of results sometimes happen. Football is like that, it's unpredictable in every possible way. 4-0 defeats are never enjoyable, but they happen. It's a massive blip, but it's just that - a blip. To suggest it is anything else is just fallacy.

A 'blip'!! We were dreadful, were you at the game? Did you see the negativity around the place, did you see the fans walk out after the third goal. The atmosphere was full of apathy from start to finish, it was like a pre-season friendly.

The people who say that this performance was just a blip clearly haven't seen us this season.

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Now it's been confirmed independently, I hope that everyone who doubted Lesley (including me) will offer her a sincere apology.

Having someone with genuine insider knowledge like SW16girl posting on the BBS (even if we do share her with HoL) is a privilege ... even if most of what she tells us we might sooner not know.

Totally concur with this.

On the bright(?) side, Warnock seems to think that the embargo will be lifted again in a few weeks, which suggests cash flow problems rather than being on the verge of admin.

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Again, these kind of results sometimes happen. Football is like that, it's unpredictable in every possible way. 4-0 defeats are never enjoyable, but they happen. It's a massive blip, but it's just that - a blip. To suggest it is anything else is just fallacy. Putting this result in context, our shite form since the turn of the year is more of a concern to me. It's more than just a blip. So is the fact we haven't scored in the first half since who knows when ? After our last Selhurst humiliation v Ipswich, we didn't exactly get a fantastic reaction in terms of results and performances, so I'm not holding my breath that we'll come out fighting.

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 05:38 PM
A 'blip'!! We were dreadful, were you at the game? Did you see the negativity around the place, did you see the fans walk out after the third goal. The atmosphere was full of apathy from start to finish, it was like a pre-season friendly.

The people who say that this performance was just a blip clearly haven't seen us this season.

I've been to every home game, including the cup games, and watched an away game on the TV and I think to say our season so far has been dreadful, is a bit of an overstatement.

I'd say Peterborough and Scunthorpe were pretty bad, but the other games haven't really been that bad. Just because we didn't win them, doesn't mean we were playing bad football.

Although, obviously, it would be nice to go on a winning streak, but I'd rather that was nearer the end of the year.

It's no good peaking too early.

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, please ...She should apply for a restraining order. And I think an apology to her is in order (not from you, I hasten to add!). She was spot on about the info. Cheers SW16. Let's hope it's just a short embargo. I can't see us doing any deals at the mo. Probably the next one might be extending Smith's loan if he does well.

Jay_Palace
16-09-2009, 05:43 PM

As superbly summed up in the following post:

Our performance this year is even worse if you consider just our home form.

You probably don't need reminding, but in 13 league matches at Selhurst Park in 2009, we have won twice and scored just 6 goals. That's right. SIX goals in 8 months. There's only been ONE bloody match in that entire period when we've scored more than one (and that was just a 2-1 win against Preston last March). In well over half of the matches we've played at Selhurst Park this year, Palace have failed to score: 8 blanks in 13 games !

Things were never that bad in the darkest days of the 80's were they ? Sorry to go on about it, but the more you look at it, the worse it looks.

It's been so dire that it's kind of washed over me without noticing how bad it's been but just 2 wins and 6 goals from 13 home matches this year is disgraceful. It's shambolic and you've got to ask yourself; are the players really that inept ? And if, like me, you think that there's more than enough talent available to be comfortably mid-table, then you've got to ask yourself who's to blame for it all.

Something HAS got to change or we're sleepwalking to disaster.

This most certainly is not a blip. We have been in total turmoil for some time now and unless drastic action is taken, it will only result in one outcome which is relegation.

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 05:44 PM

We've won 5 (league) matches in 2009. No way is this a blip. I've only been to the Peterbrough and Newcastle games this season, but we have been far from great in either.

You're spot on about Claridge, though.

cpfcfan1
16-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Crystal Palace have been hit with a fresh transfer embargo - their second in a month.

The south Londoners have been banned from making new signings over unpaid money to Ipswich for striker Alan Lee.

Irishman Lee left Portman Road for Selhurst Park last summer in a 650,000 deal.

Palace were served an identical ban at the start of last month over outstanding wages and bonuses to ex-players.

That ban was lifted on August 24 after the club agreed a deal with the players owed money.

Despite the transfer ban manager Neil Warnock remained positive.

He said: 'We are aware of the embargo, we just have to get on with it.

'I'm hopeful it will be lifted in the next few weeks so in the mean time we just have to crack on with things.'

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 05:47 PM
She should apply for a restraining order. And I think an apology to her is in order (not from you, I hasten to add!). She was spot on about the info. Cheers SW16. Let's hope it's just a short embargo. I can't see us doing any deals at the mo. Probably the next one might be extending Smith's loan if he does well.

Whilst I accept that sw16girl's information was correct, what actually was the point in posting it though?

It doesn't really affect us, as fans, as such, does it? We all know all is not well within the Club, and I don't really see what benefit posting about the embargo achieved, other than make everyone feel even worse than they already do.

In that respect, I can see where Klinks is coming from.

I'm not knocking Lesley - I appreciate a lot of what she posts. But sometimes, things don't need to be highlighted. In my opinion, anyway.

BulletEagle
16-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Tis not good news, but hopefully this time we'll buck up our ideas and make sure it doesn't happen again.

jams1234
16-09-2009, 05:49 PM
What's the point of sw16girl, or anyone for that matter sharing info with us if were gonna be like this?

Yes, we shouldn't always believe everything but sw16 hasn't, as far as I know lies about anything. Give it a rest guys.

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 05:52 PM
what actually was the point in posting it though?

You could say that about virtually every thread on the BBS. :D

Have you been in General Chit Chat lately?

jams1234
16-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The point in posting was to let us know that we had an embargo on the club.

Was that not obvious? :D ;)

RDSdaEAGLE
16-09-2009, 06:00 PM
As superbly summed up in the following post:

This most certainly is not a blip. We have been in total turmoil for some time now and unless drastic action is taken, it will only result in one outcome which is relegation.

I hadn't thought about it on such a long-term scale. It is concerning.

What kind of drastic action do you suggest? Is it Warnock's fault entirely or do you think the financial turmoil we're seeing is having a negative impact?

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 06:01 PM

GCC is different though. It's for posting whatever you want. As you've probably noticed :D

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 06:03 PM
The point in posting was to let us know that we had an embargo on the club.

Was that not obvious? :D ;)

What I'm trying to say is, it was just another thread to increase the doom and despondency that is sweeping the boards and I just didn't see it was necessary.

But that is just my opinion.

I realise I am probably in the minority.

hilairehair
16-09-2009, 06:03 PM
GCC is different though. It's for posting whatever you want. As you've probably noticed :D

All those pictures of traffic lights got too much for my eyes, so I've stopped looking.

Jay_Palace
16-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I hadn't thought about it on such a long-term scale. It is concerning.

What kind of drastic action do you suggest? Is it Warnock's fault entirely or do you think the financial turmoil we're seeing is having a negative impact?

That's the problem; I have no suggestions to make. I'm not for a second suggesting that we replace the manager as quite frankly, I can't see anyone else being able to do a better job.

I've come to accept that the club is on the brink. I'm expecting administration and I'm fully expecting relegation. It's only a matter of time. We cannot possibly keep our head above water with the way things are at the moment.

James
16-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Whilst I accept that sw16girl's information was correct, what actually was the point in posting it though?

:)I don't follow this at all. I am sure that most Palace fans want to know everything about their Club, as soon as possible, good or bad. Are you seriously suggesting that bad news should be hidden away, so that we can pretend that all is well?

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 06:07 PM
GCC is different though. It's for posting whatever you want. As you've probably noticed :DYou can post whatever you want here so long as it is transfer and Palace related. So I can't see a problem with posting about the embargo. Like it or not, it's an important piece of Palace news.

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't follow this at all. I am sure that most Palace fans want to know everything about their Club, as soon as possible, good or bad. Are you seriously suggesting that bad news should be hidden away, so that we can pretend that all is well?

Why as soon as possible?

What difference does it make when you find out?

It's not like you can do anything about it. You're not going to stop supporting Palace because of it.

Kevan Woz Awful
16-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I presume that this confirms we were hoping to shift Lee before the transfer window closed and passing his remaining fee on with him.
Having not done so, nor selling Moses &/or Clyne has left us sliding back down the snake to square 1.

Reminds me of my early married life when having just managed to pay the outstanding bills and worked out how I was going to scrape through the month on next to nothing the very next post brought another unexpected 'Red' through the letter box.

I certainly learnt to juggle in those days and assume that SJ is desperately trying to do the same but on a bigger scale.
Good Luck to him is all I can say.

Mark_cpfc
16-09-2009, 06:21 PM
This is very worrying once again, Really fear that we could be in adminstration come the end of the year.

This is turning out to be one long hard season on and off the pitch

James
16-09-2009, 06:26 PM
The Daily Mail (spit) says that it's money owed to Ipswich for the transfer of Alan Lee last Summer. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213957/Crystal-Palace-land-second-transfer-ban-money-owed-Ipswich-Alan-Lee.html).

jams1234
16-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Agreed with James here.

It's just like transfers, upcoming players etc.

I'd much rather know about Caprice or Kyle de Silva now then in another 6 years, makes me feel all fuzzy inside just like this makes me dissapointed with Palace, but I'd prefer to know in the morning than the afternoon.

west country boy
16-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Why as soon as possible?

What difference does it make when you find out?

It's not like you can do anything about it. You're not going to stop supporting Palace because of it.Sorry Barbara, but this post doesn't make any sense at all.

sw16girl
16-09-2009, 06:36 PM

It doesn't really affect us, as fans, as such, does it? We all know all is not well within the Club, and I don't really see what benefit posting about the embargo achieved, other than make everyone feel even worse than they already do.

I'm not knocking Lesley - I appreciate a lot of what she posts. But sometimes, things don't need to be highlighted. In my opinion, anyway.

I did think about whether I should post it or not but it seemed to me that the team and NW were getting a lot of stick after Saturday - some of it possibly deserved and some of it not - a lot of what goes on on the field is influenced by what is going on off it and that it what the current position is (in my opinion).

The information will not harm the club - it was known by those in the administration of football and other clubs anyway - it had to be as Palace cannot enter into any transfer arrangements - so it was hardly breaking confidences. In my view unless information is harmful it should be produced so fans can speak with information and knowledge about what is going on and perhaps understand the pressures the team and NW are under - sorry if that is a bit pompous but I have thought about it quite a lot. I was hoping to reduce the gloom and despondency and not add to it - understanding why things are happening just seems like a good idea.

davematt
16-09-2009, 06:39 PM
That's the problem; I have no suggestions to make. I'm not for a second suggesting that we replace the manager as quite frankly, I can't see anyone else being able to do a better job.

I've come to accept that the club is on the brink. I'm expecting administration and I'm fully expecting relegation. It's only a matter of time. We cannot possibly keep our head above water with the way things are at the moment.

I am with Jay here. Things really are BAD right now on all levels.

We have a team on the pitch that is seriously struggling and is in real trouble of relegation.

Off the pitch we are struggling even more. Lets be realistic; its only a matter of time till a large size club goes out of business; what saying it cant be us? We don't own our own stadium (This is HUGE and one of the reasons trying to find a buyer is proving near impossible IMO) and there is no sign of a return to the Premiership anytime soon, and there wont be till a new buyer is found.

the digger
16-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Has she been anywhere else?

Sorry Barbara, couldn't resist!

jams1234
16-09-2009, 06:41 PM
its only a matter of time till a large size club goes out of business; what saying it cant be us?.
A large team have already 'gone out of business'.

JAT.

henryhallandhisbasque
16-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I am grateful that she posted us the news of the issue.

I prefer to know what a mess the club is in behind the scenes. I don't want some happy-clappy, dancing on the deck of The Titanic set of Palace sub-forums where we celebrate mediocrity at best on the field and banish news of financial chaos off it. We as fans do need to know how the club is being run (or not being run). We have a right to know in my view.

I don't know where all this is going to end. Limping on as we are? Administration? I genuinely fear for the future of the club as I cannot see who is going to come in and save us with what is on offer to be saved. A club up for purchase with a for sale board reading no money and a ground it doesn't own, struggling at the foot of the table with a poor quality squad of players overall. No wonder Jordan is a lot quieter than he used to be.

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry Barbara, but this post doesn't make any sense at all.

Most of my posts don't, apparently.

I know what I mean. I'm just having trouble conveying what I mean.

palacemaniac
16-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I've been to every home game, including the cup games, and watched an away game on the TV and I think to say our season so far has been dreadful, is a bit of an overstatement.

I'd say Peterborough and Scunthorpe were pretty bad, but the other games haven't really been that bad. Just because we didn't win them, doesn't mean we were playing bad football.

Although, obviously, it would be nice to go on a winning streak, but I'd rather that was nearer the end of the year.

It's no good peaking too early.

Spot on, people should get a grip, Warnock's assembled a really good squad of players, (which is amazing when you take into account the financial constraints we are under), we've been extremely unlucky at times and just haven't got going yet.

David Amsalem
16-09-2009, 07:05 PM

Because it's Palace related and this is a Palace message board perhaps?

Maximus Dowieus
16-09-2009, 07:05 PM
She should apply for a restraining order. And I think an apology to her is in order (not from you, I hasten to add!). She was spot on about the info. Cheers SW16. Let's hope it's just a short embargo. I can't see us doing any deals at the mo. Probably the next one might be extending Smith's loan if he does well.

Yes I would also like to heartily add my support to SW16 girl. I am glad she posts on here and I dont know her but I trust what she says. I certainly trust her more than I trust dear Simon. I dont think she has any big agendas, I think just like us she simply has the best interests of the club at heart.

It has gone horribly wrong over the years with SJ. He has made so many foul ups and, lets be frank, he's an embarrassment. We are the club that never pays our bills. Its pathetic and yet every now and again he pops up from his ivory tower in Marbella or wherever it is the poser lives and gives it the large one about I did this and I did that. I paid 5 million into the club blah blah Oh what a big man he is and how we should all be so bl***y grateful. Bo***x and for goodness sake get the hell out of Crystal Palace:veryangry !

David Amsalem
16-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I fear that when SJ finally leaves, we're going to be in exactly the same position that we were in, when he took over.

I suspect a few will disagree, but I think that'll be particulary harsh on SJ.

JnrReadingEagle
16-09-2009, 07:12 PM
we are slowly becoming charlton-like :(

ANDYEAGLE
16-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I am with Jay here. Things really are BAD right now on all levels.

We have a team on the pitch that is seriously struggling and is in real trouble of relegation.

Off the pitch we are struggling even more. Lets be realistic; its only a matter of time till a large size club goes out of business; what saying it cant be us? We don't own our own stadium (This is HUGE and one of the reasons trying to find a buyer is proving near impossible IMO) and there is no sign of a return to the Premiership anytime soon, and there wont be till a new buyer is found.

I don't agree the team is really struggling this season. You mean after one bad result? Apart from that we have been very unlucky not to have more points.
Why should we go out of business? Administration is a possibility of course,but I certainly see us finding a buyer if it gets to that.
As for the ground issue it does not make any difference because Jordan has an option to buy the freehold and a new owner would be able to do the same. The problem with the sale is that we are just not viable at what Simon requires. He is clearly looking for someone to take over his guarantees A difficult thing for anyone to do especially with our debt, shrinking income and some of the forward income already spent. Anyone looking at the club would see this and wait for a Admin situation.
Admin may come,but us going out of business? No.

GreatGonzo
16-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Worst defeat at this level since Kember was sacked after Wigan!

Worst home defeat, i think, at this level, since february 1985 when Wimbledon put 5 past us.

They may happen but that was the worst result at selhurst in almost 25 years! You want to call it a blip well those who have seen recent games are on the whole VERY worried. It doesn't look like a blip when you look at the way we are playing. Scunthorpe and Peterborough will not be pushing top 6 this season we amassed a huge 1 point.

Add in that another of our 5 points is against current league whipping boys Plymouth and the other 3 against 2nd bottom, we are in trouble. We have to find 3 teams worse than us in this league, there may be 3 at the moment but they will make changes, i doubt we will.

GreatGonzo
16-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I fear that when SJ finally leaves, we're going to be in exactly the same position that we were in, when he took over.

I suspect a few will disagree, but I think that'll be particulary harsh on SJ.

Like any businessman he took on a business and made the decisions, he reaped the rewards when there were some but so he takes the downsides too. The losses are down to decisions and gambles he took, he should have known the risks.

Lee sinnots ear
16-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Mate , I would like to agree with you , but I have been going for nearly 50 years and I am struggling to think of worse.
Perhaps the two Mullery years but we are only 6 games into this season so we could even beat the Mullery brand of shite.
Certainly if we see any more of this 433 hoof ball Mullery may end up looking like Wenger:sob:

Lee sinnots ear
16-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Worst home defeat, i think, at this level, since february 1985 when Wimbledon put 5 past us.

They may happen but that was the worst result at selhurst in almost 25 years! You want to call it a blip well those who have seen recent games are on the whole VERY worried. It doesn't look like a blip when you look at the way we are playing. Scunthorpe and Peterborough will not be pushing top 6 this season we amassed a huge 1 point.

Add in that another of our 5 points is against current league whipping boys Plymouth and the other 3 against 2nd bottom, we are in trouble. We have to find 3 teams worse than us in this league, there may be 3 at the moment but they will make changes, i doubt we will.

Sadly spot on:sob:

Trist
16-09-2009, 07:53 PM

1 - the best for CPFC

2 - the truth
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YntY1kyKo4o/SenEHpwrCpI/AAAAAAAAHf4/S4cB5YUJUiQ/s320/truth.jpg

Archiebald Leitch
16-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I cant see any problem with SW16s opening post which is informative and not in any way controversial.

What we do not know is if the non payment is a pre meditated move, knowing we were not going to be signing anyone else, to allow available cash to be used for other things.

It is obvious the club is being run close to the wire but with people still willing to join one would hope that there is a reason for that.

Until the Peterborough match, I thought we looked a lot better as a team than last season, albeit exposed down the flanks still but Peterborough and Scunny matches were dreadful, hence the gloom.

ollie_porter
16-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Before I give my view on the matter, I'd also like to say there was nothing wrong with SW16's original post; it's quite clear she was just informing fellow Palace fan's of the dire situation our beloved club are in.

For a while now I've been trying to convince myself that we have a squad capable of pushing for promotion. To some, I may be living on cloud cookoo but I honestly thought we had some real talent in the suqad; Moses, Clyne, Danns, Sears, Fonte, Scannel, Carle and Ambrose to name them. Most clubs in this league would love to have players like that in their squad. So what the hell has gone wrong? I hate to say it, but the blame lies at Warnock as far as results are concerned. It's clear to many of us that he just isn't playing the right tactics to bring the best out of the talent we actually have.

Anyhow, an embargo doesn't really harm us as we clearly have no money to spend on new players anyway! But it does make it clear that CPFC really are in the shitter- its that simple. We may be in an awful mess financially and if the confidence of Mr Jordan carries through to the players and Warnock, which it evidentely has, we can aim for nothing more than a mid table finish at best. Unfortunately as everyones head seems so low at the club, we can look forward to a relegation scrap. I suppose it's a bit of excitement to 'look forward to'.

I cant say I really understand the financial ongoings of a football club and how it can end up in administration etc but I do know a small bit about the footballing part of a football club. Warnock needs to get a grip and start playing for results. There is no question that it's possible to get a few wins under our belt within the next few weeks, but if the players dont believe they can, then we really will be relegated.

It's a sad state of affairs and I hope we're not watching our side in League 1 next season. I suppose our stadium is fit for it, mind.

brighton_eagle
16-09-2009, 08:14 PM

To be honest, K, I think it's time to shit or get off the pot. You claim to have specific information that proves SW16girl is a liar, yet you refuse to publish it, asking us instead to simply take your word for it. That's not on, and you won't convince anyone with that.

So, let it go, live content in the knowledge that you know something we don't, or publish what you have and let us all make our own minds up. This current course of action just makes you seem petty and vindictive, which doesn't seem to match your character the rest of the time.

west country boy
16-09-2009, 08:17 PM
It's probably written in Classical Arabic so the rest of us wouldn't understand.

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 08:19 PM
To be honest, K, I think it's time to shit or get off the pot. You claim to have specific information that proves SW16girl is a liar, yet you refuse to publish it, asking us instead to simply take your word for it. That's not on, and you won't convince anyone with that.

So, let it go, live content in the knowledge that you know something we don't, or publish what you have and let us all make our own minds up. This current course of action just makes you seem petty and vindictive, which doesn't seem to match your character the rest of the time.Well said. He's doing a Trolley. One knows some info, but one is not at liberty to say. But then again, the Trollster might have talked out of his arse, but he wasn't this vindictive against other posters.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 08:22 PM

I said people can believe what they want.

So, let it go, live content in the knowledge that you know something we don't, or publish what you have and let us all make our own minds up. This current course of action just makes you seem petty and vindictive, which doesn't seem to match your character the rest of the time.

You are right. I just cant help myself when I see someone posting on the club's future with their own interests ahead of the club. I shall refrain in future, or at least try to

Chobham Eagle
16-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes I would also like to heartily add my support to SW16 girl. I am glad she posts on here and I dont know her but I trust what she says. I certainly trust her more than I trust dear Simon. I dont think she has any big agendas, I think just like us she simply has the best interests of the club at heart.

It has gone horribly wrong over the years with SJ. He has made so many foul ups and, lets be frank, he's an embarrassment. We are the club that never pays our bills. Its pathetic and yet every now and again he pops up from his ivory tower in Marbella or wherever it is the poser lives and gives it the large one about I did this and I did that. I paid 5 million into the club blah blah Oh what a big man he is and how we should all be so bl***y grateful. Bo***x and for goodness sake get the hell out of Crystal Palace:veryangry !

Whilst I have quite a lot of sympathy for your second paragraph I'd particularly like to agree with the first one.

I always find SW16's postings interesting and informative. As has been the case on a number other occasions, here she has been criticised for telling us something that turns out to be 100% true. She's deserves an apology from Kolinkins etc. They should also apologise to the rest of us for making this thread twice as long as it needed to be.

brighton_eagle
16-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I said people can believe what they want.

Of course. But you still post about it, so implying that they should believe you.

I shall refrain in future, or at least try to

Cool. Time to show some class. :p

James
16-09-2009, 08:29 PM
You are right. I just cant help myself when I see someone posting on the club's future with their own interests ahead of the club. I shall refrain in future, or at least try to
Sorry Klinks - I can't let that go.

I am with you 100% in your support of Warnock, and I understand and respect your desire for a bit of perspective and positivity. However, to accuse Lesley of putting her own interests ahead of the Club is unwarranted, completely unjustified and frankly unkind. She is a Season Ticket holder and a passionate supporter. She doesn't see things in the way you do, and it's clear that you and she have different ideas about what might be best for the Club.

However, how on earth can you suggest that self-interest is involved here? How will she benefit by posting the truth about the Ground Ownership; the Club's perilous finances; and the transfer embargoes?

I think you owe her an apology.

mushroom
16-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Sorry Klinks - I can't let that go.

I am with you 100% in your support of Warnock, and I understand and respect your desire for a bit of perspective and positivity. However, to accuse Lesley of putting her own interests ahead of the Club is unwarranted, completely unjustified and frankly unkind. She is a Season Ticket holder and a passionate supporter. She doesn't see things in the way you do, and it's clear that you and she have different ideas about what might be best for the Club.

However, how on earth can you suggest that self-interest is involved here? How will she benefit by posting the truth about the Ground Ownership; the Club's perilous finances; and the transfer embargoes?

Agreed... K you're acting like a bit of a div.

TheMexicanHorse
16-09-2009, 08:33 PM
According to SW16 we was going to sale players before the window closed, we didn't.

The thing is SW16 and the other trust members have a bitter twisted agenda againsn't SJ because he belittled the trust.

They are a bit like mediums, they predict events over and over again untill one day they happen.

Bit like me saying: One day Palace will sale Scannell because we have no money, well yes one day Sean will leave Palace, as will any half decent player because we have always sold players in our history.

BB Bob
16-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Cool. Time to show some class. :p

like this:-

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/28/article-1050043-02709CBF00000578-615_468x585.jpg

And yes you do owe her an apology

brighton_eagle
16-09-2009, 08:36 PM
like this:-

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/28/article-1050043-02709CBF00000578-615_468x585.jpg

And yes you do owe her an apology

Nice. Who is that?

BB Bob
16-09-2009, 08:40 PM
The one, the only Jodie Marsh

limited_edition
16-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Jodie Marsh ?

brighton_eagle
16-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Ah yes, should have recognised the nose.

Grubby.

BB Bob
16-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Jodie Marsh ?

If you don't know her, count yourself lucky.....

scro
16-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Really sad to see a post like this. I for one like to know the latest palace news good or bad!!!!

west country boy
16-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I for one like to know the latest palace news good or bad!!!!That's what I was trying to get at - I want to know the truth about the club, however bad it may be.

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 08:57 PM

Her posts show her (and I cannot apologise if her posts do not represent what she is like IRL, I can only go by her posts) to be more concerned about getting pats on the back for being right, and being shown to be in the know than with the actual welfare of the club.

Look at the summer as an example - we needed to sell, which is obvious. She depicted us as being so desperate that we would be desperate enough to accept any offer. And when these kids arent sold, she tells us it is because we didnt get an offer. that is correct - but she never tells in her posts why we didnt get an offer. That's what I mean about her self interest - it isnt in her interests to tell the BBS we didnt get an offer because of the fee we wanted (which were on the high end). Can you not see from that why I see her putting her self interest first?

I owe her nothing.

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 08:57 PM
That's what I was trying to get at - I want to know the truth about the club, however bad it may be.

And you do. From the newspapers or from the website.

My point is, does it matter when you hear the news?

Really. Why does it matter? How would it have affected your life if you'd have had to wait a couple of hours to hear the news officially about the embargo?

It's just something we will have to agree to disagree on, I suppose.

Richard
16-09-2009, 08:58 PM
You are right. I just cant help myself when I see someone posting on the club's future with their own interests ahead of the club.No, really, please ....

James
16-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I owe her nothing.
Well, OK. I don't suppose Lesley will mind at all. I am not sure what an apology would mean anyhow.

You are quite wrong in your analysis of her however. I don't know if you have ever met Lesley. I have - indeed we attended the PotY dinner together on one occasion, and we cooperated with each other in exposing Jordan's deception when he claimed that he had reunited the Club and the Ground. I have absolutely no doubt at all that she cares passionately about the Club (as do you) and her only agenda is to expose the truth.

Now I fully accept that some people do not appreciate this. They feel that Jordan - who saved the Club - should be allowed to run the outfit as he chooses, and make whatever claims he feels fit. I don't agree, but I do respect those who feel this way. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that such people are not real fans because they don't care enough about our future to be concerned about the financial mismanagement. No - there is a legitimate point of view that to ignore the problems may help, by not exacerbating them. Fair enough - but I hope that you can accept that it is the passion that some of us have for Palace that compels us to investigate and ask awkward questions. It isn't ego.

Even if you disagree with Lesley (and me) can you at least be gracious enough to accept that there MAY be motives other than self promotion involved? If you really believe that someone who has invested much of their life supporting Palace might be glad to see them fold to show them as being right, then you can't really understand human nature.

Don't apologise - but please acknowledge that those of us who express concerns (which sometimes turn out to be entirely without foundation) may not be actuated by malice. Could you at least do that?

kolinkins
16-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, OK. I don't suppose Lesley will mind at all. I am not sure what an apology would mean anyhow.

You are quite wrong in your analysis of her however. I don't know if you have ever met Lesley. I have - indeed we attended the PotY dinner together on one occasion, and we cooperated with each other in exposing Jordan's deception when he claimed that he had reunited the Club and the Ground. I have absolutely no doubt at all that she cares passionately about the Club (as do you) and her only agenda is to expose the truth.

Did you even read my post? I said I do not know her and can only go by her posts on here. I cant apologise for that.

Now I fully accept that some people do not appreciate this. They feel that Jordan - who saved the Club - should be allowed to run the outfit as he chooses, and make whatever claims he feels fit. I don't agree, but I do respect those who feel this way. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that such people are not real fans because they don't care enough about our future to be concerned about the financial mismanagement. No - there is a legitimate point of view that to ignore the problems may help, by not exacerbating them. Fair enough - but I hope that you can accept that it is the passion that some of us have for Palace that compels us to investigate and ask awkward questions. It isn't ego.

I'm not sure why you keep saying "some of us". My comments are aimed at her, and only her. People like you and Richard post in very different ways to her and so I do not feel the same way about you

Even if you disagree with Lesley (and me) can you at least be gracious enough to accept that there MAY be motives other than self promotion involved? If you really believe that someone who has invested much of their life supporting Palace might be glad to see them fold to show them as being right, then you can't really understand human nature.

When did I say I thought she wanted Palace to fold? Of course she has an interest in Palace - I don't think that on the BBS, it is her primary interest.

Don't apologise - but please acknowledge that those of us who express concerns (which sometimes turn out to be entirely without foundation) may not be actuated by malice. Could you at least do that?

Again, I am talking about just 1 BBSer. I don't think you have any malice. Malice is actually too strong a word in this context. but I do think she has an agenda. Any bad news financially gives her an outlet to say "I told you so" even if her prediction was made years ago.

andyocpfc
16-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I am completely astonished people are seriously having a go due to someone giving a truthful story up and coming. Sure, if she said the club were on the verge of meltdown (completely unfounded) and panicing evrybody i could understand but what has she done wrong by reporting what she knows! Shocked to say the least. The club appear to have enough worries on and off the field without us lot arguing amongst ourselves. The negativity could quite well then transfer onto the terraces (so to speak) even more......fantastic!

Barbara, the whole point of the BBS (Transfer hotline forum) is for people to chat and report what they hear on the 'grapevine', in the stands etc etc. Reading it in the newspapers is old news. Plenty of what we read and write on here appears before the papers get hold of it. It's a good thing, not bad IMHO!

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Barbara, the whole point of the BBS (Transfer hotline forum) is for people to chat and report what they hear on the 'grapevine', in the stands etc etc. Reading it in the newspapers is old news. Plenty of what we read and write on here appears before the papers get hold of it. It's a good thing, not bad IMHO!

Exactly.

It's a good thing in your opinion.

And I respect that.

It's not a good thing in my opinion, which is why I rarely come in the Transfer forum.

James
16-09-2009, 09:36 PM
It's not a good thing in my opinion, which is why I rarely come in the Transfer forum.

Well, it's been very nice to have your Company today. Please do come back again soon!

Barbara4003
16-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, it's been very nice to have your Company today. Please do come back again soon!

Don't hold your breath

andyocpfc
16-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Exactly.

It's a good thing in your opinion.

And I respect that.

Fair enough, we all use the BBS for different things i guess.

I just pick out the bits i want to read/believe. Heck, was there not a thread a while back about Palace buying Kaka. This one more of a comical read (obviously) than truth but then that's what TH Forum is all about i guess. :)

Budgie Byrne
16-09-2009, 10:06 PM
According to SW16 we was going to sale players before the window closed, we didn't.

The thing is SW16 and the other trust members have a bitter twisted agenda againsn't SJ because he belittled the trust.

They are a bit like mediums, they predict events over and over again untill one day they happen.

Bit like me saying: One day Palace will sale Scannell because we have no money, well yes one day Sean will leave Palace, as will any half decent player because we have always sold players in our history.

In Lesleys defence, there were plenty of suggestions floating around regarding the possible sale of Moses and Clyne. I exchanged information with her which I had picked up from a reliable source who had spoken to a well known agent. The agent had told my contact (who is a long term Palace fan who knows some of the well informed and well placed fans well, that he (the agent) had been approached by a third party to try and find a buying club for both players. Apparently the club were very keen to raise the cash from any sale.

Now I will agree football is a world of rumour and very active grapevines and the information may be way off, partly true or very near the mark.

IMHO I think the passing of time and information seems to suggest that the club did need the cash, they would have reluctantly sold one or both of these (or indeed any other) players for a reasonable sum. However the general financial conditions in the game for the majority of clubs and perhaps the suggestion that Palace are (again like many other clubs) in a difficult financial position may well have seen interested clubs hold off until January when we may be needing to sell quickly and pick the lads up for a snip.

Only time will tell, but I do feel it is important that the fans who are after all the life blood of the club are aware of any possible situation that may have an adverse effect on their football club.

Ian Hart
16-09-2009, 10:38 PM
So, I guess this would not be the right time to launch my annual "Promotion Calculator" thread.

Dan Dare
16-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Fair enough, we all use the BBS for different things i guess.

I just pick out the bits i want to read/believe. Heck, was there not a thread a while back about Palace buying Kaka. This one more of a comical read (obviously) than truth but then that's what TH Forum is all about i guess. :)

You mean that's not happening??? I thought we were just waiting to get him over the line.

Crunchie
16-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Even if you disagree with Lesley (and me) can you at least be gracious enough to accept that there MAY be motives other than self promotion involved?

The only person guilty of self promotion here is kolinkins.

As Brighton Eagle politely asked "You claim to have specific information that proves SW16girl is a liar, yet you refuse to publish it", yet he still doesn't.

Its now pretty boring :S:

Crunchie
16-09-2009, 11:39 PM
So, I guess this would not be the right time to launch my annual "Promotion Calculator" thread.

James could start his "Relegation Calculator" Thread :) :sob:

Timbo
16-09-2009, 11:46 PM
The only person guilty of self promotion here is kolinkins.

As Brighton Eagle politely asked "You claim to have specific information that proves SW16girl is a liar, yet you refuse to publish it", yet he still doesn't.

So, are you saying it might be Kolinkins who is the liar?:eek:

Crunchie
16-09-2009, 11:52 PM
So, are you saying it might be Kolinkins who is the liar?:eek:

Nah, he just wont tell the truth. He often posts" I know something you don't" and wont expand on it.

Jukesy
16-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Did you even read my post? I said I do not know her and can only go by her posts on here. I cant apologise for that.

I'm not sure why you keep saying "some of us". My comments are aimed at her, and only her. People like you and Richard post in very different ways to her and so I do not feel the same way about you

When did I say I thought she wanted Palace to fold? Of course she has an interest in Palace - I don't think that on the BBS, it is her primary interest.

Again, I am talking about just 1 BBSer. I don't think you have any malice. Malice is actually too strong a word in this context. but I do think she has an agenda. Any bad news financially gives her an outlet to say "I told you so" even if her prediction was made years ago.

You really are a bit of a wally mate.

EDIT: Maybe that is a bit personal as a friend of Barbs is a friend of mine, but I do think you are showing yourself ina poor light K.

orp pisshead1
17-09-2009, 12:15 AM
I did think about whether I should post it or not but it seemed to me that the team and NW were getting a lot of stick after Saturday - some of it possibly deserved and some of it not - a lot of what goes on on the field is influenced by what is going on off it and that it what the current position is (in my opinion).

The information will not harm the club - it was known by those in the administration of football and other clubs anyway - it had to be as Palace cannot enter into any transfer arrangements - so it was hardly breaking confidences. In my view unless information is harmful it should be produced so fans can speak with information and knowledge about what is going on and perhaps understand the pressures the team and NW are under - sorry if that is a bit pompous but I have thought about it quite a lot. I was hoping to reduce the gloom and despondency and not add to it - understanding why things are happening just seems like a good idea.

As you have said lesley while we might not want to hear this kind of news on our beloved club the fans need to know the whole picture. Keep up the sterling work even if its not what we always want to hear. The main problem on the pitch is that theres no plan b tactically.

Ian Hart
17-09-2009, 12:21 AM
The main problem on the pitch is that theres no plan b tactically.

To be honest, in the last couple of games there's not been much of a plan a either.

orp pisshead1
17-09-2009, 12:35 AM
To be honest, in the last couple of games there's not been much of a plan a either.

Agree, 5-3-2 is a formation with so much flexibility and using the right personnel ie clyne, hills, carle/moses, smith etc is vital.

Celestial Empire
17-09-2009, 12:35 AM
This is mostly just a result of how SJ runs his club/business.
From the start he has been secretive and uncommunicative, in what is a "people business". He seems to disdain the "punters", even though they include some very well connected/well educated/wealthy individuals. He makes Ron appear the paragon of "stake holder relations" :rolleyes: (God, I hate that word).
In those circumstances there will always be a cloud of rumour and suspicions hanging over the club.
There will also be people who will draw educated calculations mixed with educated guesses about what is really afoot. They won't always be right.
SJ must detest sw16 as much as he apparently detests James. Those with something to hide don't appreciate whistle blowers !
However, whistle blowers also need to ensure that their information is not vindictive.

The reimposition of the ban indicates that SJ and CPFC's stock is very low within the footy community - why would Ipswich make a complaint knowing that it would result in a ban ? Weren't we told that Ipswich had agreed to a delayed payment schedule ?
Whomever inherits the club from SJ will have a major fence-mending exercise to do - starting with the fandom.

glaziers fan
17-09-2009, 02:59 AM
You, probably. Brace yourself.

Glad it wasn't just me that noticed it. He could start an argument in an empty chat room.

:D Surely I'm included in his crusade too? :)

SE25Eagle
17-09-2009, 07:54 AM
At the end of the day what happens to the club is pretty much out of our hands, having a pop at each other on here does not, and will not change a thing about our future, lifes to short people, relax a bit eh.....

Bellyman
17-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Time to start using Pinney finally

paf
17-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I'll take gadaffi or the dildo salesman at the moment. Anyone? Uncle Ron? Ali Bongo?

HELP !!!!

Adlerhorst
17-09-2009, 08:21 AM
From the start he has been secretive and uncommunicative, in what is a "people business". He seems to disdain the "punters", even though they include some very well connected/well educated/wealthy individuals. He makes Ron appear the paragon of "stake holder relations" :rolleyes: (God, I hate that word).
In those circumstances there will always be a cloud of rumour and suspicions hanging over the club.
There will also be people who will draw educated calculations mixed with educated guesses about what is really afoot. They won't always be right.
SJ must detest sw16 as much as he apparantly detests James. Those with something to hide don't appreciate whistle blowers !
However, whistle blowers also need to ensure that their information is not vindictive.

The reimposition of the ban indicates that SJ and CPFC's stock is very low within the footy community - why would Ipswich make a complaint knowing that it would result in a ban ? Weren't we told that Ipswich had agreed to a delayed payment schedule ?
Whomever inherits the club from SJ will have a major fence-mending exercise to do - starting with the fandom.Suspect this is the most sensible post on here.

Freddy Kurz
17-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Like it or not, Palace fans must just accept the reality of the situation as we
now know it and recognise that Jordan and Warnock must now do the best
they can with the first-team squad that is now available to the club, try to
turn things round on the pitch by getting those players to train harder than
ever and give at least 100% in every match in return for every supporter
getting fully behind them. Palace fans must stop the in-fighting and
back-biting & UNITE behind the club.

In the words of the old saying: "when the going gets tough, the tough get
going".... COME ON YOU EAGLES! UP THE PALACE!

<_tece_>
17-09-2009, 08:59 AM

One of the few Gonzo posts I agree with 100%... :lux:

:(

Kevan Woz Awful
17-09-2009, 09:06 AM
It is about time James got back to contributing his most valuable asset - Predictions.
I dream of the day he suggests a record breaking losing streak with no goals scored. (That should take us somewhere near the top of the table). :D

Richard
17-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Suspect this is the most sensible post on here.Seconded.

Bounty_Killa
17-09-2009, 10:18 AM

After reading the 11 pages on this thread I felt compelled to post. I don't post too much on here but I do read a lot :D

I always find reading SW16girls posts informative and accurate and am glad that we have people like that on here that do keep us informed.

No need for an apology from me just wanted to comment that I'm pleased she posts here as it could be very easy for people that post relevant material that get flamed to simply say f*&* it then I won't bother.

So, keep it up misses!!

Ian Hart
17-09-2009, 10:29 AM
After reading the 11 pages on this thread I felt compelled to post. I don't post too much on here but I do read a lot :D

Good to see you back B_K :p

How is Sandor faring this season?

Bounty_Killa
17-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Good to see you back B_K :p

How is Sandor faring this season?

lol cheers Ian :p

Spoke to him the other night funnily enough, he's ok on the league front but very much peed off with the last two NT matches he featured in :( Gone from 2nd in group to ... 4th now I think, hey ho.

Terrace Bickle
17-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh dear, I have an awful feeling that celebrating Charlton's demise may come back to haunt us come 2010. However, I couldn't see us bouncing back as they appear to be.

limited_edition
17-09-2009, 11:59 AM
:D Surely I'm included in his crusade too? :)Silly me. How could I forget you, too ? But you give as good as you get.

But if you dish out the same back to him, he'll have the mother of all hissy fits and go on and on about points scoring. Quite ironic really, given he is a pretty good
point scorer himself.

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm with Kolnkins on this. Sw16girl's posts maybe interesting and factual, it's the tone she uses and the negative spin that reveal an agenda. It's becoming exceedingly tedious and unhelpful in the current climate, she is contributing to the general negativity surrounding our club.

weltklasse
17-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm with Kolnkins on this. Sw16girl's posts maybe interesting and factual, it's the tone she uses and the negative spin that reveal an agenda. It's becoming exceedingly tedious and unhelpful in the current climate, she is contributing to the general negativity surrounding our club.

what a load of crap. so what do you want a load of positive spin or blissfull ignortance. pry enlighten us as to this negative agenda - is it some sort of consiracy?

weltklasse
17-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Klinx instead of coming out with loads of verbiage why dont you say you dont like her posting style?

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 12:39 PM
what a load of crap. so what do you want a load of positive spin or blissfull ignortance. pry enlighten us as to this negative agenda - is it some sort of consiracy?

a load of crap? Either read the post in full or refrain from commenting on it

Timbo
17-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Nah, he just wont tell the truth. He often posts" I know something you don't" and wont expand on it.

Kinda like withholding the evidence? I believe that is criminal!:)

Adlerhorst
17-09-2009, 12:40 PM
a load of crap? Either read the post in full or refrain from commenting on itPoint out the spin / agenda in the opening post on the thread then?

Freddy Kurz
17-09-2009, 12:41 PM
With the greatest respect to all the prophets of doom on here - but on the
evidence of the renewed transfer embargo, and on the back of the 0-4
drubbing last Saturday, it doesn't require a great deal of expertise for
anyone with a knowledge of CPFC to predict dire things for the club
in the months ahead - but where does this bloody navel-gazing and
sack-cloth-and-ashes stuff get our club?

What people should be asking themselves is why was it that Palace
had only a gate of 12,912 for the Scunthorpe game, and what are
Palace fans going to do to reverse the current fall in attendances
which, in my view, are the cause of Palace's immediate financial
difficulties?

Every Palace fan who want their beloved club to continue to
survive and are staying away from home matches, must ask
themselves, seriously, is there anything they can realistically
do to reverse the present downward trend of our home gates?

I strongly urge Simon Jordan to call an immediate Fans Forum
to discuss the crisis facing the club, with a view to enlisting
the support of everyone who has the future of Crystal Palace
Football Club at heart. Admission to this Forum should be
free of charge to everyone producing a programme from the
home game beforehand.

Stop whinging, stop the dire forecasts of gloom and doom
and unite to save our club NOW!

kolinkins
17-09-2009, 12:43 PM

The pimping of Moses and Clyne is a perfect example.

They were offered to Premier League clubs, that is true.

However, she claims that the only reason they were not sold was that we didnt get an offer.

Now, that is also true, but the way she reports it shows a negative agenda. If she was, at all, interested in balance she would have said that we didnt get an offer was because the fee we wanted for them was too high for the clubs who wanted them. But then that doesnt fit in with her doom agenda, so she doesnt mention it.

gold76
17-09-2009, 12:46 PM
the exhorbitant ticket prices & poor performances obviously have had a major impact on the attendances this year.

As you rightly state, a fans forum may galvanize the supporters

These used to be a regular bi-monthly thing didn't they.
Anyone know why they have ceased?

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 01:39 PM
When Jordan says he's put 36 million into the club, whether that is by guaranteeing the debts or by actually putting that money into the accounts for me it's the same thing. It's Simon jordan's personal money keping our club afloat.
This witch hunt to try and demonstrate Jordan's lying or trying to discredit him is an absolute disgrace. We should be more grateful for what he's doing for us. The guy has basically bankrupted himself over the past ten years investing in our club and we should seriously back off.

desborough-john
17-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I agree completely.

Adlerhorst
17-09-2009, 01:59 PM
When Jordan says he's put 36 million into the club, whether that is by guaranteeing the debts or by actually putting that money into the accounts for me it's the same thing. It's Simon jordan's personal money keping our club afloat.
This witch hunt to try and demonstrate Jordan's lying or trying to discredit him is an absolute disgrace. We should be more grateful for what he's doing for us. The guy has basically bankrupted himself over the past ten years investing in our club and we should seriously back off.What witchhunt?

Do you actually think when he announced he had bought the ground people went around trying to find out he was lying from the off, or do you perhaps think people were initially relieved, then heard something suspicious, and then started taking a closer look.

<_tece_>
17-09-2009, 02:05 PM
...It's Simon jordan's personal money keping our club afloat...

Well who elses money is it going to be?

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:08 PM
What happened to the "30 million" you get for promotion to the premiership?

We certainly didnt invest any real money when we went up, splashed a few quid the following season (Macken, Ward, McAnuff, Morrison from memory), did the rest go on covering the bills?

James
This witch hunt to try and demonstrate Jordan's lying or trying to discredit him is an absolute disgrace. We should be more grateful for what he's doing for us. The guy has basically bankrupted himself over the past ten years investing in our club and we should seriously back off.
I agree - to an extent.

Many of us could see that what he was doing was unsustainable, and likely to lead .. eventually .. to some sort of collapse. He started with a completely debt free Club, with a reasonable playing squad and manageable expenses.

He has funded the Club since then largely on debt finance. He has put a little of his own money into the Club (he was, I believe, obliged to transfer some debt into share capital a few years ago for accountancy reasons) - and he has personally guaranteed many of the loans.

If the Club does enter into Administration (or is simply wound up) his guarantees would be called and that would obviously require him to find large sums from his personal wealth. It's possible that the collapse of the Club could bankrupt him.

So, yes, we should be grateful for taking Palace out of Administration and giving us a bit of fun over the last 10 years or so ... but in the end, if the Club is eventually forced back into administration, it is Jordan who would have to accept most of the blame.

I don't know what to make of Jordan's 'lies'. The triumphant announcement that he had reunited the Club and the Ground for example was ridiculous (as was the selling of 'reunited' merchandise). All he succeeded in doing was to substitute one lease for a very much more expensive one. On the other hand, I do have some sympathy for those who excuse his announcements of pumping money into the Club as being a minor 'white' lie - because guarantees are substantially the same (in the end) as cash.

I suspect that most of us, whether or not we like the man, want to see him leave with some dignity remaining, and enough cash to last him well into his retirement. If he can find a buyer to take the weight off his back, we may be able to look back on his tenure with some affection. The alternative doesn't really bear thinking about, either for Jordan or for the Club.

ugly and fat
SJ must detest sw16 as much as he apparantly detests James. Those with something to hide don't appreciate whistle blowers !

Whomever inherits the club from SJ will have a major fence-mending exercise to do - starting with the fandom.

im sure i read somewhere,that when we played Ipswich,there were talks about what we owed and that they had TURNED down a request from us to delay payment (i think it was around the same time as the last embargo,so this has beeen coming?)

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:10 PM

But he has lied, pretty much from day one when he said he wouldnt rip fans off by changing kits each season.

Go on all you like about him saving the club, but it is becoming more and more like being broken down at 4am in the middle of nowhere and being 'saved' by an axe murderer

patch
17-09-2009, 02:13 PM
and the parachute payments ? - Out of interest, I wonder what the yearly costs for running a club like Palace are - rent, wages etc? Does anyone have a rough idea?

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know what to make of Jordan's 'lies'. The triumphant announcement that he had reunited the Club and the Ground for example was ridiculous (as was the selling of 'reunited' merchandise). All he succeeded in doing was to substitute one lease for a very much more expensive one. On the other hand, I do have some sympathy for those who excuse his announcements of pumping money into the Club as being a minor 'white' lie - because guarantees are substantially the same (in the end) as cash.

Exactly, they are white lies except for the purchase of the ground which was embarassing. I can see where he was coming from at the time, the ground was up for sale, he intended to raise the cash to buy it but in the meantime got his mate to purchase it for him. Things didn't go his way, he couldn't raise the cash and we are now paying the price with an increased rent.

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Well who elses money is it going to be?

Do you feel sorry for him?

I do feel for the guy and I'm also extermely grateful he came in when he did. He's made a load of mistakes as Chairman and there have been a lot of missed oportunities but those mistakes were his to made as it was his cash.

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:15 PM
and the parachute payments ? - Out of interest, I wonder what the yearly costs for running a club like Palace are - rent, wages etc? Does anyone have a rough idea?

They are in the accounts.

I don't know how much the parachute payments are for and I guess that the '30m' from TV rights would mostly arrive the year after we were in the prem but for all of it to go on covering the bills must mean we make very, very little on our own accord

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:17 PM
. I can see where he was coming from at the time, the ground was up for sale, he intended to raise the cash to buy it but in the meantime got his mate to purchase it for him. Things didn't go his way, he couldn't raise the cash

Which is the same sort of thing that happened to Goldberg, who is regarded as slightly less than dog poo by most people on here

weltklasse
17-09-2009, 02:17 PM
a load of crap? Either read the post in full or refrain from commenting on it

yep, a real stinker.

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 02:18 PM
But he has lied, pretty much from day one when he said he wouldnt rip fans off by changing kits each season.

Go on all you like about him saving the club, but it is becoming more and more like being broken down at 4am in the middle of nowhere and being 'saved' by an axe murderer

Yeah but football has evolved from when he took over. It was possible to run a club in the late 90's and brake even, since then wages and costs have spiralled out of control and the cost for fans has increased accordingly, not really his fault. Football's become expensive.

weltklasse
17-09-2009, 02:19 PM
The pimping of Moses and Clyne is a perfect example.

They were offered to Premier League clubs, that is true.

However, she claims that the only reason they were not sold was that we didnt get an offer.

Now, that is also true, but the way she reports it shows a negative agenda. If she was, at all, interested in balance she would have said that we didnt get an offer was because the fee we wanted for them was too high for the clubs who wanted them. But then that doesnt fit in with her doom agenda, so she doesnt mention it.

Klinks, sorry i find this barking nonsense.

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah but football has evolved from when he took over. It was possible to run a club in the late 90's and brake even, since then wages and costs have spiralled out of control and the cost for fans has increased accordingly, not really his fault. Football's become expensive.

Who authorised the massive wages for the likes of Kuqi, Scowcroft and so on?

Who negotiated a much more expensive lease on the ground?

As in any business, bad decisions put you in the shit

Kevan Woz Awful
17-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Which is the same sort of thing that happened to Goldberg, who is regarded as slightly less than dog poo by most people on here

To be fair to the man, he was responsible for bringing us those wonderful Lombardo matches to savour even if they were too few.

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:26 PM
To be fair to the man, he was responsible for bringing us those wonderful Lombardo matches to savour even if they were too few.

Indeed. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in some people's opinions

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Goldberg's gung ho approach to running the club was suicidal

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Goldberg's gung ho approach to running the club was suicidal

But he made plans that banked on money he did not have in place - exactly what you just said Jordan has done.

James
17-09-2009, 02:48 PM
But he made plans that banked on money he did not have in place - exactly what you just said Jordan has done.
There are similarities between the two - but Goldberg's recklessness was on a different level.

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:49 PM
There are similarities between the two - but Goldberg's recklessness was on a different level.

Yes, entirely, but Palacemaniac's post on the ground situation reeked of Goldberg gambling with what he didnt have

palacemaniac
17-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Jordan didn't purchase the ground though

Les Butler
17-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Lets face it Simon was living a dream,he brought a football club he tried to play for and supported with all the best intension's for the club and the fans.

Yep there were a few porkies but obviously you never intend to screw up circumstance, economy etc plus Bostock had a lot to do with Jordan putting his hands up and having enough.

Oh plus let's not forget Jordan seeing what a bunch of fickle fans we actually are when things do not go our way, I do blame the success in the 80's/ 90's where the expectancy levels for our smallish club went sky high and since then all it takes is 4 to 5 loses and we are calling for someone's head or slagging the players or chairman.

James said if he sells Simon will be remembered with "some affection" if not it does not bear thinking about, for me that's a load of bollocks,he did put his money where his mouth was even with being very inexperienced in the football game ,got us promoted as he said he would but sometimes things do not work out, that's football.

When things are not going well you need a pat on the back then help rather than being slated on here or continually by reps from a Trust that is supposed to be helping instead of gloating.

I would shake Jordan's hand and say thanks whatever the outcome,he had a fecking good go !

Il Padrino
17-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Jordan didn't purchase the ground though

Nor did Goldberg.

You said:

. Things didn't go his way, he couldn't raise the cash

Which could be talking about either Jordan or Goldberg...

sw16girl
17-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Lets face it Simon was living a dream,he brought a football club he tried to play for and supported with all the best intension's for the club and the fans.

Yep there were a few porkies but obviously you never intend to screw up circumstance, economy etc plus Bostock had a lot to do with Jordan putting his hands up and having enough.

Oh plus let's not forget Jordan seeing what a bunch of fickle fans we actually are when things do not go our way, I do blame the success in the 80's/ 90's where the expectancy levels for our smallish club went sky high and since then all it takes is 4 to 5 loses and we are calling for someone's head or slagging the players or chairman.

James said if he sells Simon will be remembered with "some affection" if not it does not bear thinking about, for me that's a load of bollocks,he did put his money where his mouth was even with being very inexperienced in the football game ,got us promoted as he said he would but sometimes things do not work out, that's football.

When things are not going well you need a pat on the back then help rather than being slated on here or continually by reps from a Trust that is supposed to be helping instead of gloating.

I would shake Jordan's hand and say thanks whatever the outcome,he had a fecking good go !

Nobody is gloating Les - it is really rather sad.

The Trust has offered to help and is still willing to do so - however Mr Jordan has made it very clear he does not want our help - the offer is still there though.

Owngoal
17-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Simon has been good for football as a whole - did not allow Bruce to dump us without a fight (what might have been if he had stayed), or let Dowie get away with his lies - we would have gone if not for him. Sadly he was right about the Spurs pursuit of our youngest player Bostock and it would not have happened in the current climate. I know West Ham get talked about, but could we end up with a deal with the soon to be ex Brum owners? It would be 'poetic' juctice.

Les Butler
17-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Nobody is gloating Les - it is really rather sad.

The Trust has offered to help and is still willing to do so - however Mr Jordan has made it very clear he does not want our help - the offer is still there though.

Sorry Lesley but most of you posts where it concerns Jordan or the club are negative,you are a rep of the Trust and it does not look good at the moment for the club,If you were reading your posts from the past and present and you were Jordan would you pick up the telephone ?

I would not.

In your role you should be trying to build bridges not posting on a web site the negative (leave that for James) doom and gloom , you are there to do something positive not just give out silverware and a TV.