PDA

View Full Version : Clint Hill - house sold?

V.Meldrew
15-10-2009, 08:06 AM
On ITV Ceefax page this morning it says the Daily Mail is reporting that Preston and Blackpool are battling it out to sign Clint Hill on loan from Palace.
Has something happened ?? I thought he is one of the first names on Warnocks team sheet !

Gazpacho
15-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Could be to do with matters away from the club.

sirdougie
15-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Maybe he wants to move back home?

stinky
15-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Solid but unspectacular. Done a grand job playing out of position but in the long term would like to see a proper left back there (i.e. Hills)

Stavros 69
15-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Solid but unspectacular. Done a grand job playing out of position but in the long term would like to see a proper left back there (i.e. Hills)
I dont think Hills will be a good long term left back.
I just dont rate him.

Popester
15-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I think we would miss him hugely if he went, even if he does have his limitations at left back.

jhc
15-10-2009, 08:50 AM
On ITV Ceefax page this morning it says the Daily Mail is reporting that Preston and Blackpool are battling it out to sign Clint Hill on loan from Palace.
Has something happened ?? I thought he is one of the first names on Warnocks team sheet !

Can't see this anywhere on the Daily Mail's Online site. Anyone got a link?

cpfcfan1
15-10-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/hufc/Breaking-transfer-news-Thursday-October.5735553.jp

Preston and Blackpool are among the clubs monitoring Crystal Palace defender Clint Hall. (Daily Mail)

Clint hall apprantly :D

Psychokiller
15-10-2009, 09:07 AM
We'd be fvcking stupid to let him go.

mojoeagle
15-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Probably trying to reduce wages. With Hill we do have a back up. With Hills, or play Clyne on the left and Butterfield at right back.

jimos_uk
15-10-2009, 09:18 AM
We'd be fvcking stupid to let him go.

Spot on.

Unless it's for compassionate reasons, this would be ridiculous. Even for compassionate reasons, it would leave us in a world of trouble - we've noone else like him.

milky87
15-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe he wants to move back home?

If he wants to be closer to home maybe he could sign for Charlton

ThisIsDoM
15-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Even though I really rate Lee Hills and would like to see him get a chance, I would be gutted if Clint left.

Will S
15-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm surprised - I thought he'd be a NW favourite.

Walrus
15-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Are we that desperate to reduce the wage bill?

Or does Clint have a pressing need to be in the North West?

Gollum
15-10-2009, 09:55 AM

Mail article also refers to the fact that 'he's out of contract next summer and could be available for loan now'...

cross_eyed_ed
15-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Don't see any sense in this. We have a settled and proven back four with decent back up. Why change it?

gold76
15-10-2009, 10:05 AM
doesn't bode well if it's for financial reasons.

However he is out of contract in the summer, perhaps a loan till January & a knockdown fee then.

Hills & Clyne can play there so I can see the logic, would be disapointed though, a wholehearted & committed player.

Bellyman
15-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Don't believe everything you read in papers!!!

9Freedman9
15-10-2009, 10:21 AM
It's so un-expected that there seems to be more truth in it!

Nofishtoday
15-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm hoping it's another non-story. It fcuking better be.

elgin eagle
15-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm hoping it's another non-story. It fcuking better be.

Me too. If it aint broke etc etc

Big Guns
15-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Me too. If it aint broke etc etc

Problem is we are broke!

ThisIsDoM
15-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Not that this is relevant, but I just installed and ran the new FM demo for the first time and the only player in the first team squad who was wanted by a club was Clint Hill. Although it was Newcastle and not Preston/Blackpool.

Kirby
15-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Not that this is relevant, but I just installed and ran the new FM demo for the first time and the only player in the first team squad who was wanted by a club was Clint Hill. Although it was Newcastle and not Preston/Blackpool.

Ooooh, Mr Popular! :moo:

Eddie'S Dad
15-10-2009, 11:39 AM
The fact that the two clubs mentioned are geographically close makes me think that CH has said to his agent that he wants to go back home.

If it had been two geographically opposite teams I would be more likely to think it was pure crap.

As for him going, I have to admit that I think we've had the best of him already. When he arrived he was just what we needed, and him and Derry added some much needd steel. Last season he was good too, but at a couple of matches this season I have found myself scratching my head over him.

If we can off load some wages, maybe get a fee and get a youngster in the team then I'd say let him go. But he'll go with my respect, admiration and gratitude as a very good Palace player who always gave his best.

Frisky
15-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I have to admit that I think we've had the best of him already. When he arrived he was just what we needed, and him and Derry added some much needd steel. Last season he was good too, but at a couple of matches this season I have found myself scratching my head over him.

If we can off load some wages, maybe get a fee and get a youngster in the team then I'd say let him go. But he'll go with my respect, admiration and gratitude as a very good Palace player who always gave his best.

Spot on.

SpikeyMatt
15-10-2009, 12:11 PM
He's not had a particularly good start to the season, it'd be fair to say.

Not sure what Neil might have up his sleeve if this is true, barring Lee Hills. Or perhaps Clyne at LB?

scro
15-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont think Hills will be a good long term left back.
I just dont rate him.

Careful there are some on here that will jump down your throat the moment you have even a slightly pessimistic view on one of the youngsters!! I got all sorts of grief expressing the opinion that I didn't think Scannell would turn out to be all that.

Only recall seeing hills play a few times, he looked ok what do you not like about him? Just from the first team appearances?

scro
15-10-2009, 12:23 PM
The fact that the two clubs mentioned are geographically close makes me think that CH has said to his agent that he wants to go back home.

If it had been two geographically opposite teams I would be more likely to think it was pure crap.

As for him going, I have to admit that I think we've had the best of him already. When he arrived he was just what we needed, and him and Derry added some much needd steel. Last season he was good too, but at a couple of matches this season I have found myself scratching my head over him.

I don't disagree with much here. However I would probably have him play his contract out. He can still do a job for us this season. Once thats up then perhaps consider letting him go if there is sufficient back up from the youngsters (who by then will have played a game or two more).

sheepy
15-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I worry about this considering we're not able to sign any replacements. If we're having to sacrifice first team regulars without being able to replace them with players with proven ability then there is only one way our season will go.

If it's purely for personal reasons so be it but it is suicidal to let him go when we have this embargo hanging over us. If his departure means we can get the embargo lifted so be it but until that's gone there's no way we should be prepared to let someone like Clint leave the club without getting cover in if needs be.

james powell
15-10-2009, 12:38 PM
If he wants to be closer to home maybe he could sign for Charlton
Damn you. :o

ugly and fat
15-10-2009, 01:29 PM
as much as i hate to say this,IF'S its for the good of the club,then it has to happen;but as has already been said he will ALWAYS get an EXCELLENT reception on his return....

Who Cares?
15-10-2009, 01:42 PM
A part of the article in the Mail, which I don't think has been mentioned, is that Hill is out of contract at the end of the season and might be available on loan.

jhc
15-10-2009, 01:55 PM
It's so un-expected that there seems to be more truth in it!

I suspect this story might be 'agent led'.
It's impossible to say whether either club are interested in Clint, but this story seems to have no real basis.
Neither Blackpool nor Preston have been in touch with NW about Clint.
These sorts of stories always crop up when a player is in the last year of his contract. I doubt he's going anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if other clubs were interested. Let's face it, you need players of his character and determination, traits that we all know, are valued by the Manager.

Beanie
15-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Mail article also refers to the fact that 'he's out of contract next summer and could be available for loan now'...
Which of course means they have just looked for an out of contract player at a club short of cash and decided to speculate. As always, easier than working for a living.

GodstoneEagle
15-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I suspect this story might be 'agent led'.
It's impossible to say whether either club are interested in Clint, but this story seems to have no real basis.
Neither Blackpool nor Preston have been in touch with NW about Clint.
These sorts of stories always crop up when a player is in the last year of his contract. I doubt he's going anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if other clubs were interested. Let's face it, you need players of his character and determination, traits that we all know, are valued by the Manager.
cheers for the info

WandsworthEagle
15-10-2009, 02:35 PM
He might not be a great footballer but Clint Hill is absolutely one of the first names on Neil Warnock's team sheet and one of the few players who can always be relied upon to give 100%. He's a real Warnock player. Without Clint Hill (or Shaun Derry for that matter) we would have a much weaker team.

Who cares if his contract is running out, we'd never get a fee for him anyway.

I'd be amazed if Warnock let him go.

Dobbo
15-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Doesn't the transfer embargo prevent us from dealing either way, players in or out ?

dannyboy1807
15-10-2009, 03:00 PM
only in

prizesucker
15-10-2009, 03:22 PM
CRYSTAL Palace boss Neil Warnock insists he has no had offers for experienced defender Clint Hill despite reports linking him with a move away from Selhurst Park.

The 30-year-old has been a regular at the back for the Eagles since his move from Stoke last year.

However, his current contract expires at the end of the season and this has apparently alerted the attention of Preston North End and Blackpool.

Hill is from Liverpool and a move back to the North West may interest him, although Warnock is adamant there's been no contact from any club.

He said: "We haven't heard anything and he's one I'd like to keep hold of.

"His contract is up at the end of the season and that's what has probably triggered these reports."

See tomorrow's Croydon Advertiser for all the latest Crystal Palace news.

While we are here - who else is out of contract at the end of the season?
Flahavan, Hill, Derry, Danns, Lawrence, Butterfield, Hills, Ertl, Thomas, Andrew other youngsters from our ranks must be i would guess....

Kirby
15-10-2009, 05:01 PM
If that's correct we need to get Derry and Danns signed up on new deals as soon as possible.

I see SSN had a bit about Ryan Smith extending his contract today.

David Amsalem
15-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Is Danns out of contract at the end of the season?

I hope that isn't true.

GreatGonzo
15-10-2009, 05:38 PM
DOubt we will be extending many contracts into next year at this stage while we still have no idea on who will own the club and no doubt they want to drive the wage bill down further.

Our biggest cost though is the £20k+ a week it costs us to play at Selhurst!

This story though is just an agent doing his job, he needs to get Clint a contract for next season, drums up a bit of interest, makes his player wanted and a more valuable commodity and has more bargaining power when they finally sit down for talks.

That said if we are not going to sign him for next season then we would probably accept anything in January.

chatham_eagle
15-10-2009, 05:47 PM
He said somewhere that he wanted to stay, but understands the situation at the club, so will probably have to wait for a new contract. I hope he doesn't go, would destroy part of the spine of the team.

AJ
15-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Is Danns out of contract at the end of the season?

I hope that isn't true.

Danns is not out of contract as I think he signed a 3 1/2 year deal in January 2008.

Didn't Derry just sign an extension to his contract?

sw16girl
15-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Danns is not out of contract as I think he signed a 3 1/2 year deal in January 2008.

Didn't Derry just sign an extension to his contract?

No he didn't - he was reported in the newspapers as being keen to do so and to have talks with the club a little while ago but nothing has been done so far.

prizesucker
15-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Ok - sorry for the panic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-509768/Birmingham-midfielder-Danns-joins-Palace.html

Birmingham midfielder Neil Danns has joined Coca-Cola Championship promotion chasers Crystal Palace for an initial £600,000.
The 25-year-old moved to City from Colchester in the summer of 2006 but has struggled to hold down a first-team place and made only 16 starts.
Danns has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the Eagles and the eventual fee could rise to £850,000 based on add-ons

French Eagle
15-10-2009, 08:12 PM
GreatGonzo
Our biggest cost though is the £20k+ a week it costs us to play at Selhurst!

Thanks to good old Ron.

Optimistic Kev
15-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok - sorry for the panic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-509768/Birmingham-midfielder-Danns-joins-Palace.html

Birmingham midfielder Neil Danns has joined Coca-Cola Championship promotion chasers Crystal Palace for an initial £600,000.
The 25-year-old moved to City from Colchester in the summer of 2006 but has struggled to hold down a first-team place and made only 16 starts.
Danns has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the Eagles and the eventual fee could rise to £850,000 based on add-ons

Thats good - but one slightly worrying thing is the 'add-ons' part of that article. I wonder if we will see Danns being 'rested' a couple of appearances short of certain milestones - 50 games, 100 games etc. Wouldnt have thought we are in a position to pay the additional transfer fee(s) at this moment in time.

ZOHAR
03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Exclusive: Clint Hill open to Northern return
Tuesday, 03 November 2009
By Richard Cawley
CLINT Hill’s agent has revealed the Crystal Palace defender is likely to look for a move back up north if he fails to agree a new contract at Selhurst Park.
The Eagles left-back, 31, will not head into talks over an extension to his deal until Christmas time.
And Mickey Walsh, who represents the former Stoke and Tranmere man, believes there will be plenty of interest in his client, who was recently linked with Preston and Blackpool.
“Clint’s a level-headed guy, loves the boss [Neil Warnock] and is really enjoying his time at Crystal Palace but he’s a northern lad and will eventually want to go home. If he was to move away from Palace then a move to a northern club would be attractive to him," Walsh told the South London Press.
"But that’s not ruling out staying at Crystal Palace if the contract was right."
Don't miss today's South London Press for the full story.

Archiebald Leitch
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Exclusive: Clint Hill open to Northern return
Tuesday, 03 November 2009
By Richard Cawley
CLINT Hillís agent has revealed the Crystal Palace defender is likely to look for a move back up north if he fails to agree a new contract at Selhurst Park.
The Eagles left-back, 31, will not head into talks over an extension to his deal until Christmas time.
And Mickey Walsh, who represents the former Stoke and Tranmere man, believes there will be plenty of interest in his client, who was recently linked with Preston and Blackpool.
ďClintís a level-headed guy, loves the boss [Neil Warnock] and is really enjoying his time at Crystal Palace but heís a northern lad and will eventually want to go home. If he was to move away from Palace then a move to a northern club would be attractive to him," Walsh told the South London Press.
"But thatís not ruling out staying at Crystal Palace if the contract was right."
Don't miss today's South London Press for the full story.

If, but, if.

Sounds like he will stay IF we can afford him.

Spikemeister
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
This'll be Clint's last major contract....player and agent providng leverage to get the best deal.
Probably wind down the current contract and take the best wage/signing on deal in the summer.

GreatGonzo
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
If, but, if.

Sounds like he will stay IF we can afford him.

Sounds like the agent is getting his soundbyte in first.

If you try offering us a pay-cut as you have to a lot of players then we will head up north. Saying the contract has to be right is just their positioning ahead of talks.

We all know that finances are somewhere between tight and apocolyptic so can we afford to offer him better terms? Willl we try to get a lower offer in?

Is it felt Lee Hills can step up for next season?

Crunchie
03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I like Clint Hill, but how much has he got left in the tank?

If he wants a two year contact, I would give it a miss.

Roadblock
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM

see your point - i think a 2 year contract should be the maximum. but i also think he's good enough at this level (unlike Lawrence) so he warrants more than a year.

gold76
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't think he's over the Hill just yet!

2 year deal seems about right for both him & Derry

Maximus Dowieus
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM

I suspect he has plenty left in the tank. Good, consistent professional. Winner. Well worth hanging onto.

jhc
04-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Is it felt Lee Hills can step up for next season?

Still has a lot to prove in my opinion. Has to take the chance when he gets it, which may not come along all that often this season.
Had a chance last night but fluffed it when put through by Ambrose towards the end.
Having said that, there are a lot of our youngsters that have not progressed as well as anticipated in the last year.
If they are going to displace the senior pros, then they've got to produce the goods when they get their limited opportunities.
There's still time, but I think a few of our younger players have got to step up to the mark when it counts!

Beanie
04-11-2009, 03:05 PM

Hill hardly needs a "tank" - he's never been noted for pace, but he is still a solid defender. I'd certainly go two years.

cockles
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Agree, is worth 2 years. Never really relied on pace, and certainly wont turn into a Neil Ruddock piss taker. Even if he fades in the 2nd year, he will probably be an in demand loanee.

GreatGonzo
04-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Still has a lot to prove in my opinion. Has to take the chance when he gets it, which may not come along all that often this season.
Had a chance last night but fluffed it when put through by Ambrose towards the end.

Whereas Clint Hill would have cooly slotted it past teh keeper and in at the foot of the post?

More concerned how he performs in the other box and he is not being given any chances there! Clyne preferred at left back last weekend!

milky87
04-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Whereas Clint Hill would have cooly slotted it past teh keeper and in at the foot of the post?

More concerned how he performs in the other box and he is not being given any chances there! Clyne preferred at left back last weekend!

The reason he is not getting a chance there is because in Warnocks eyes he is not good enough

Beanie
05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Which presumably means NW feels Clyne is the better lb, which has to speak volumes.

philsick
05-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Lee hills will be palace left back next season.Clint hill is getting slower by the game and a loan spell will give him more experience than 10 minutes at the end of matches on the wing.From reading jones blog and other statements,thats the conclusion i come too.

cranesparkeagle
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Can we match what might be on offer up north is how I read that. The agent has thrown us a challenge. Hills has looked decent in his cameo appearances, even lethal on occasion, but can he provide us with solid regular defensive displays week after week? None of us have seen enough to know that. Hopefully during this loan spell we will find out.

Palace Kebab
24-11-2009, 09:12 PM
According to today's Standard, he does not want a renewed contract as he wishes to return north for 'personal reasons'. I think he is on his way at the end of the season at the latest.

Personally, I would say he has done a decent enough job, but equally he should quite replaceable so no major loss. May give us a chance to see if Lee Hills is likely to be good enough to progress.

Shipp Ahoy!
24-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Shit paper probably a shit story.

Hope its not true as a big fan of Clints.

David Amsalem
24-11-2009, 09:50 PM

You're spot on.

He has been a liability at times this season, but he is a popular player and the fans have given him the benefit of the doubt because he has performed well for us over the last few seasons.

9Freedman9
24-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Would be gutted if he left, he along with Dezza and Speroni are the only ones who wear their heart on their sleeves!

Dobbo
25-11-2009, 08:20 AM
May give us a chance to see if Lee Hills is likely to be good enough to progress.

Given he got sent off last night for an X-rated tackle, I wonder :(

pedro
25-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I think Hill has been excellent for us but his performances have definitely dipped this season and he has been nowhere near as consistent/reliable as in previous seasons. It would be sad to see him go but if his heart is set on a move then there is no point in keeping an unhappy player.

pardew's shorts
25-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Jordan's Jacket
25-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Personally I'm not bothered. I think he is useful back up as a central defender, his true position, but is not a left back.

TonyD
25-11-2009, 11:12 AM
We're a cash strapped club and we need new players in a number of positions if we are to progress. We can ill afford to have to replace a fairly consistent performer as Clint has been. No, he's not the best left back in the division, but he's the best one we've got and we have bigger problems in other positions. It's a shame he's going imo.

Owngoal
25-11-2009, 11:22 AM
He will be here till the end of the football year. If he finds another club for next year his family could move back North before hand, but knowing its going to happen in six months should take family pressures off a bit. Although not spectacular and not as good attacking as defending he always does a solid job and does not continually let us down (why has no one come in for Lawrence? When NW gives a new contract he can get it very wrong). Clyne is certainly the future, interesting to know what happened with Hills last night and whether he will go the way of Wiggins.

Beanie
25-11-2009, 12:13 PM
A while back he said he wanted to stay at Palace, but if he moved it would back up north. May have reconsidered or may just be the press getting things wrong.

pedro
30-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I know it is hardly groundbreaking news but Clint Hill has sold his property and moved into a short term let so I think it is safe to assume he is heading back up north even if the new owners were to offer him a contract.

EL JIMBO
30-03-2010, 03:22 PM
CEEFAX?????

Voldo
30-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Love the Hill - no matter what.

I suspect there will be many movers and shakers this summer.

Absolution
30-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Whether or not he leaves at the end of the season, I think we can all be pleased with what he has done since joining.

Solid player.

He did say a while back that he felt he was keeping the left back slot warm for Lee Hills, and hopefully Lee will be ready for next year.

telodaja
30-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I know it is hardly groundbreaking news but Clint Hill has sold his property and moved into a short term let so I think it is safe to assume he is heading back up north even if the new owners were to offer him a contract.
They said on Sky during the game on Saturday, that he is training up north a couple of days each week. Can only guess that his wife has already moved back up there.

Oh south london
30-03-2010, 04:10 PM
He has been a great servant to this club. Lets face it he has been a far better player for us than we expected when he first signed.

Clint Hill
30-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope I don't leave.:sob:

rainbow_child
30-03-2010, 04:14 PM
One of my favourite current players Mr 100%

Clint Hill
30-03-2010, 04:17 PM
One of my favourite current players Mr 100%

me too,love the bloke.

Ruskin Old Boy
30-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I shall be very sorry to see Clint leave. He's been a great servant to the club, never gives less than 100% and is a great team player - reasons why I sponsored his kit this season.

I hope that he finds a good club in the North West and does well (except against us!).

Gooders
30-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I shall be very sorry to see Clint leave. He's been a great servant to the club, never gives less than 100% and is a great team player - reasons why I sponsored his kit this season.

I hope that he finds a good club in the North West and does well (except against us!).

Completely agree.

Other than the fact that I didn't sponsor his jockstrap, of course.

AddiscombeCPFC
30-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Love the Hill - no matter what.

I suspect there will be many movers and shakers this summer.

Yep seems that way - especially if we go down. The team will look very different next season.

As for Hill, got nothing against the guy and he is Mr 100%...but if he goes it wont be the end of the world. Amrbose, Danns, Speroni, Clyne etc - well thats another story!

gold76
31-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Proper stalwart pro & great to have in the trenches, will be sad to see him depart.

GodstoneEagle
31-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Inevitable but he's been a great signing by Warnock.

Gazpacho
31-03-2010, 02:23 PM
The back bone of every good squad and team has at least one player like Clint Hill in it. We have been very lucky that he has played so many times for us. His attitude and his commitment to Palace have been outstanding and he will take some replacing. Good luck to him.

Jason
31-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Yep. Good player, and top pro. If he's making a move that works better for him at this stage of his career, then good luck to him.

We will need more of his ilk in the coming years, whatever division we find ourseleves in

Benzhiyi
31-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Echo this. Amazing to think how people reacted when we signed him in comparison to how highly he is regarded (and deservedly so) now.

Ridcully
31-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Not surprised by the news but really gutted he is going, one of Warnocks best signings without a doubt

Palace since 68
31-03-2010, 07:20 PM
They said on Sky during the game on Saturday, that he is training up north a couple of days each week. Can only guess that his wife has already moved back up there.

Saw him, with presumably his wife, child and dog at Kelsey Park and they looked very settled

Ryan_the_eagle
31-03-2010, 07:22 PM

He has just had a kid around the christmas period. I heard him saying it before a game some time ago and his wife does live up North.

Biggineagle
31-03-2010, 07:54 PM
He has just had a kid around the christmas period. I heard him saying it before a game some time ago and his wife does live up North.

Saw him, with presumably his wife, child and dog at Kelsey Park and they looked very settled

OOPS:afro:

AJ
31-03-2010, 08:03 PM
He is out of contract and I am sure nothing has been offered as we are in administration. If I were him and I was offered a contract by another club in the summer, I would accept as he certainly doesn't want to be unemployed come June 30th(or whenever the contracts end).

LeeH
26-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Hill to QPR?

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/content/camden/kilburntimes/QPR/story.aspx?brand=KLBTOnline&category=QPRNews&tBrand=KLBTOnline&tCategory=defaultQPR&itemid=WeED26+Apr+2010+12%3A09%3A24%3A297

Latvian Eagle
26-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Hill and Derry really did make all the difference when Warnock brought them in.

Either one or both of them would be a massive loss to this club. :(

dannyboy1807
26-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Clint Hill the new Dowie.

good luck to him he has been great for us sad to seem him leave to a lesser club.

CPFC_DAVE77
26-04-2010, 11:36 AM
IMVHO Clint Hill will not be a Palace player next season, I like him and appreciate his impact on the side when he joined, but should we lose him and have the summer to replace him with a more natural leftback, I will not lose sleep about his departure. Would wish him well and that would be it.

Certainly Hills injury is a big loss for next year.

Boyandy
26-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Good servant to the club but I don't think he's had that great a season - and he's only going to get worse.

However, I appreciate his efforts over the last few years.

wedgetail
26-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Time for him to go

wedgetail
26-04-2010, 11:56 AM
.. er after next Sunday I mean

Glazier69
26-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Press reports over the last season have said he was always destined to go back oop north at the end of this season. Will do a great job for a Tranmere or a Bury, as he has done for us for the past couple of seasons. I tink he knows his limitations, he is not getting any younger and wants to return home. I'm sure he won't "do a Dowie" and move to a London rival.
Good luck to him.

CPFC_DAVE77
26-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Barnsley or Donny at best for Mr Hill.

philsick
26-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd really laugh if qpr fans are expecting danns,clyne or speroni,but just got clint hill.He would do better in league 1 and i think thats where he'll go.No doubting his commitment to the cause though.

AJ
26-04-2010, 02:10 PM
It does worry me that if Hill and Derry(and any others) have signed pre-contract agreements with other clubs that they may not be 100% committed to the Palace cause, as they certainly don't want to get injured and jeopardize a chance of a contract. In the same vein, I am not sure about other players who haven't yet got a club? Will they be out to impress on TV tonight or will they hold back as they don't want to be injured?

Kevan Woz Awful
26-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Graham Taylor made a decent point during the Chelsea game yesterday when, referring to Ballack only being offered a 1 yr contract rather than the 2 yrs he wanted, said he thought a one year deal was a sensible offer because "when a players legs go you want it to happen when they're at another club and not while they're at yours"

Although Clint has been a terrific player for us I honestly think we could regret it next winter if he stayed. The same probably applies to Shaun Derry.

But these are the tough decisions a manager has to make.

nelson alfie
26-04-2010, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=AJ]It does worry me that if Hill and Derry(and any others) have signed pre-contract agreements with other clubs that they may not be 100% committed to the Palace cause, QUOTE]

:eek: I can't believe that anyone could even question the commitment of Derry and Hill

rossi71987
26-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Wouldnt surprise me if he says he wants to move north and then goes to QPR. Remind you of anyone?

DOWIE????

the digger
26-04-2010, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=AJ]It does worry me that if Hill and Derry(and any others) have signed pre-contract agreements with other clubs that they may not be 100% committed to the Palace cause, QUOTE]

:eek: I can't believe that anyone could even question the commitment of Derry and Hill

Didn't Warnock once question their ability to play in 'friendlies'?

Duffle Coat
26-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I very much doubt that any of our players will be less than committed tonight because
1 they are not going to want to be on a relegated team
2 they have shown oodles of committment up to now
3 it's Palace not QPR they're playing for.

AJ
26-04-2010, 05:31 PM

I just did:D Truth is that 99% of us would do the same. Those 2 have no loyalty to Palace and no contract after June 1st.

foxinthebox
22-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Can he buy this house back please!!

QPR are bringing in Dawson and Carvalho by the looks of it.
We need this bloke back. I cant think of a better signing right now

Get him in make him captain!!!

FraserH
22-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I usually slate people for suggesting bringing old players back but Clint is just who we need alongside Paddy to get us rock solid at the back. Throw Derry in to add some guts in the midfield and we might just stay up

Sceagle
22-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Would genuinely love Clint back. He was fantastic for QPR last season.

Ruskin Old Boy
22-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I'd chip in a few quid to have Clint Hill back.

foxinthebox
22-08-2012, 11:33 AM
some of our fans decided to give him shit against QPR mind. he wouldnt want to come back in all likeliness

The Omen
22-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Is this the Clint Hill that was past it when we sold him?! ;)

CPFC_DAVE77
22-08-2012, 11:40 AM
some of our fans decided to give him shit against QPR mind. he wouldnt want to come back in all likeliness

Why would they do that? He should have been ignored like all the other verage players to have come and gone over the years. He is a Hillsbrough hero but followed Colin, overall, deserved to be ignored.

foxinthebox
22-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Why would they do that? He should have been ignored like all the other verage players to have come and gone over the years. He is a Hillsbrough hero but followed Colin, overall, deserved to be ignored.

completely different scenario. you know he waited a long time to be offered a contract and wanted to stay, but we couldnt give out contracts at the time

he is not average. he was a teams player of the season in the premier league last year, depsite spending time away on loan

id love more average players if thats your definition of them Dave

gold76
22-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Nous & Experience, would be perfect.

They should bring back lifeline!

Glazier69
22-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Nous & Experience, would be perfect.

They should bring back lifeline!

...... and the Flatterer :p

pauldrulez
22-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Was unhappy at how he and Derry left.

After 2 years, I'd welcome both back. Especially now.

Ismale
22-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Our Spine of our current side is Spineless unfortunately,Now,Can you imagine us being so wet & weak as such if we still had the likes of Hill,Davis,Derry & Lee to add to McCarthy as the Old heads in amongst the kids like Wilf,Johnny Williams & O'Keefe,add to that Speroni,Parr,Ward,Jedinak 1 or 2 Signings,even if they are from lower league,to add abit of pace upfront & on both wings & maybe 1 loanee with a touch of class who aint in thier clubs 25 man squad & We be looking quite sorted & balanced!

Unfortunately CPFC2010 & Dougie have had an absolute nightmare summer between them & its left us lacking in so many departments,you cant buy experience,nous,just sheer blood & guts performers who will nurture & minder the young talent we have,Its something we've all overlooked IMO,Come back Clint! :p

Anyone else loved the tag "a horrible team to play against" that Vinnie Jones said about us 20 years ago & the way we were under Warnock? Whatever happened to the "South London streetfighters" Pride & Passion,not a bunch of Pansies who let the other team dictate play like what happens now under Freedman.:(

Psychokiller
22-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Didn't he only just sign a new contract?

cpfc4evandeva
22-08-2012, 04:04 PM
F*ck off.

jaspercpfc
Didn't he only just sign a new contract?

yep new one year deal in July

lewisham eagle
He was their player of the season last year. Would definitley welcome him back.

TheJudge
22-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes we would welcome Hill and Derry back now but are they available, would they come back and can we afford them

Gladys Allover
22-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Would be interested to hear what wages Hill and Derry are on at QPR, should think they are massive as Nedum Onuoha is reportedly on £80,000 a week!!!

Derry still lives in the area and kids are at school in Beckenham, would be great to have him back.

Seaside Eagle
22-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I really don't think Derry would help us with our creativity issues. We've got enough defensive midfielders, thanks.

Clint Hill on the other hand could do a job...

917L
22-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Dont ask me why, they were arseholes maybe?

He and Derry got grief when they returned

No similarity with Warnock who f*cked off as soon as the going got tough, after throwing the league towel in weeks before

yorkeagles2
29-08-2012, 09:29 AM
The One Player I Would Take Back In A Flash! We Need A Leader

wedgetail
29-08-2012, 09:32 AM
He plays left back, the one position where we have depth.

Pretty Vacant
29-08-2012, 09:41 AM
He plays left back, the one position where we have depth.

He played a lot of games at Centre half for QPR last season and according to a lot of their fans was one of their best players.

He is exactly what we need at the moment , especially with Paddy out .

Bring him back now and make him captain on Saturday

Owngoal
29-08-2012, 09:50 AM
He was a centre half originally but in the tradition that is Palace we played him out of position. Both players will be on high value contracts at QPR, out of our reach. There are plenty of experienced players out there we could have recruited but so far we seem to be going for ones without a lot of ability such as Ramage and Wilberham who no one else was in for. Our results show we need a couple of wise heads that won't bankrupt the club

foxinthebox
29-08-2012, 09:56 AM
a loan option might be worth exploring if QPR do get a centre half or two in. went to forest on loan last season but has since proved his worth to QPR so probably a non-starter

it would be a proper loan not these centre halfs sent to us like some guinea pig experiement (Martin)

ANDYEAGLE
29-08-2012, 09:56 AM
He played a lot of games at Centre half for QPR last season and according to a lot of their fans was one of their best players.

He is exactly what we need at the moment , especially with Paddy out .

Bring him back now and make him captain on Saturday

He is a centre half. Waste of time talking about him coming back.

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Buszacy and less realistically Reo Coker are still available on a free (and Vassell)

ANDYEAGLE
29-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Buszacy and less realistically Reo Coker are still available on a free (and Vassell)

Reo Coker is a local lad. He activated a clause in his Bolton contract allowing him to leave and he is looking for a premier club. He will be looking for 30k a week. Even if he did not find a premier club(unlikely) he would be out of our league. Unless of course he loves Thornton Heath so much;)
Buszacy would be good with DJ and Delaney from Ipswich. I must stop dreaming.