PDA

View Full Version : IF Blackburn go down...

the_next_matt_jansen
18-02-2002, 04:34 PM
IF , and thats a big if, Blackburn, currently in the relgation zone, go down, should we make a bid for Super Matt?? Surely after 4 years at Blackburn after little success he'd want out.
How much would he cost?

anti-addick
18-02-2002, 04:51 PM
I'd love to see him back but i'm not sure that he's required. Shame he's under such a bad manager otherwise he might have made the England squad. His OPTA stats are very high, the rest of the team bar Dunn are poor.

hellsbells
18-02-2002, 04:52 PM
If (and it is a big if) Blackburn do go down, a club that stays up or one of the mid-table bunch are certain to bid for him aren't they? Sunderland, Villa, West Ham? Somebody like that maybe.

If they don't, and in an ideal world, I would love to have Matt Jansen back :love:

bobmatt
18-02-2002, 04:56 PM
I to would love to see him back with us but must agree with anti that we couldn't accomodate him in our current squad.

If Blackburn were to get relegated I think he might leave them and go to Ipswich where of course he would again be team mates with his old mate Herman

brighton_eagle
18-02-2002, 04:57 PM
....and marcus bent,.......

firesign
18-02-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen
IF , and thats a big if, Blackburn, currently in the relgation zone, go down, should we make a bid for Super Matt??

It's not that big an IF. Blackburn are in freefall.

IMHO Leicester are certs to go down. Derby probably will and the 3rd team will come from either Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough or Sunderland.

And yes it would be great to have Jansen back - perhaps to replace Morrison if he goes.

pete eagle
18-02-2002, 05:02 PM
I find it unlikely Blackburn will go down. They play excellent football, they've just been unlucky in their games (i.e. Man Utd)

Ruskin Old Boy
18-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Can't see Blackburn going down. One team will come from nowhere to be relegated: Clownton worth an each-way bet? :D And West Ham the dark horses:hmph:

BUNGLE
18-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Jansen would cost about 10 million at the moment IMO so I can't see us getting him, he'd probably go to spurs or somewhere like that.

Jimbo ?
18-02-2002, 05:32 PM
This is a stupid topic - And if Manchester United go down then ruud van Neistelrooy will come to palace for 1.5M

Come on lets wake up to reality

Santos
18-02-2002, 06:30 PM
Agree with you Jimbo - Blackburn are a much bigger club and it would be a big step down for him to come to Palace - he is a premier league player. He would nt come to us therefore for two reasons:

1. We aint good enough to go up
2. If!!!!! we did go up we would go down with record low points

So why would he come to us?

arussell
18-02-2002, 06:32 PM
It's a nice dream ..... :)

CHERRY TREE BRB
18-02-2002, 06:32 PM
Agree on that one jimbo, we would have no chance of getting Jansen back

Teddy
18-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Its not worth dreaming about, we'll never get him back, if only we could.
Ahhhhh that goal he scored against Villa when we lost 3-1 ,awesome.:love:

Ian of Chatham
18-02-2002, 06:49 PM
I totally agree with Jimbo as well. If Blackburn go down we won't get Matty not because Blackburn are bigger than us, but because they have a better chance of going up than we have.

GreatGonzo
18-02-2002, 06:54 PM
If we go up and he is not too highly priced then we have a good chance, if we do not go up then he will either stay there or move to another premiership club.

I reckon if we go up we are in with a good shout cos remember he came to us instead of Man U and gave money to the trust and everything ever said about him is that he loves this club so come on TF get your act together , get us up and sign up Matty.

Streatham man
18-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Santos
Agree with you Jimbo - Blackburn are a much bigger club and it would be a big step down for him to come to Palace - he is a premier league player. He would nt come to us therefore for two reasons:

1. We aint good enough to go up
2. If!!!!! we did go up we would go down with record low points

So why would he come to us?

Au contraire:

1. We are good enough to go up, and could be in the automatic promotion slots without the managerial uncertainties this year -- we've got the best two strikers in the League!

2. If we bought the right 2-4 players (a couple midfielders, particularly a top notch creative one) we could be a solid mid table team in the premiership. Clarke, our back 4 (when healthy), Mullins, Clint, Dougie are more than good enough.

Santos
18-02-2002, 08:08 PM
I admire your optimism Streatham man but I think we are more than a few players away from a mid table premier league team - For a start Freedman does well for us in division 1 - but the step up is big and I think the only current players we have that would do well in the premier league is Clinton, Mullins, Clarke, Kirovski, flemming, Smith.

LLCOOLSTEVE
18-02-2002, 10:59 PM
never gonna happen

hughff
19-02-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
If we go up and he is not too highly priced then we have a good chance, if we do not go up then he will either stay there or move to another premiership club.

I reckon if we go up we are in with a good shout cos remember he came to us instead of Man U and gave money to the trust and everything ever said about him is that he loves this club so come on TF get your act together , get us up and sign up Matty.

I agree, except that he will be too highly priced.

Boris the charltonhater
19-02-2002, 04:41 AM
A certain Mr Ferguson is a big fan and I've heard he's looking for a fourth striker. Jansen could find turing down an offer from the quadruple champions in favour of move down south very hard, then again he did it four years ago.

Dave
19-02-2002, 04:48 AM
I admire your optimism Streatham man but I think we are more than a few players away from a mid table premier league team - For a start Freedman does well for us in division 1 - but the step up is big and I think the only current players we have that would do well in the premier league is Clinton, Mullins, Clarke, Kirovski, flemming, Smith.

I thought you said Kirovski for a moment then :)

Lords Eagle
19-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Can't see Blackburn going down.

They said that Blackburn were too good to go down last time they were relegated, personally I'd rather they stayed up as they can play decent football.

Raoul Duke
19-02-2002, 04:35 PM

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, lets hope we DO NOT get promoted this season.

I would hate it if we finish bottom in the Premier again :sob:

Daddy Long
19-02-2002, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't. I would enjoy watching a season of quality football and I would also like to see the millions of squids coming into the club that only the Premiership can provide.

Jimbo ?
19-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Lords Eagle

They said that Blackburn were too good to go down last time they were relegated, personally I'd rather they stayed up as they can play decent football.

they will stay up - they are in a bad bit of form but they will pull through
Everton on the other hand are in a more desperate situation

John C
19-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
I'd love to see him back but i'm not sure that he's required. Shame he's under such a bad manager otherwise he might have made the England squad. His OPTA stats are very high, the rest of the team bar Dunn are poor.

Yeah, the only scary thing is that if the Blackburn manager was not in a job he could have been the type of man that Jordan would favour.

Duff's not too bad as well as Dunn

CPFC Pete
19-02-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I wouldn't. I would enjoy watching a season of quality football and I would also like to see the millions of squids coming into the club that only the Premiership can provide.

Same here:p

Latvian Eagle
19-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Matt Jansen and Marcus Bent up front :love: In an ideal world it would happen.