CPFC_DAVE77
23-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes.

Stavros 69
23-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Played a full 90 last week.

chatham_eagle
23-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Do you mean M'Bargo the Cameroon's under 21's winger?
A bit of a nob by all accounts, bags of potential, but drifts out of games to much.

EagleSE24
23-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm sure they drink it somewhere. I just can't remember where....

thereichstuff
23-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm sure they drink it somewhere. I just can't remember where.... You know .

cpfc4evandeva
23-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Whats going on? Is he at Chelsea or with us? fcuking big time charlie!

chatham_eagle
23-10-2009, 06:02 PM
******* Bostick all over again :rolleyes:

cpfc4evandeva
28-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Now he's at Pompey. What a wanker!

BulletEagle
28-10-2009, 11:28 AM
When does he come back, I thought he was recalled from his loan spell at Chelsea because he was needed here in August?

Lords Eagle
28-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm sure they drink it somewhere. I just can't remember where....

M#Bargo, M'Bargo they drink it in Chicago?

TC EAGLE
28-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Pompey have had an embargo on transfers put on them now, the disease is spreading.

sw16girl
28-10-2009, 06:01 PM
The Palace one is still in place - which is a little worrying as I was expecting it to be lifted when the money due to the club from the FL was paid in October. clubs have had their money from the FL but the embargo is still in place which means either

the FL are holding onto it until the outstanding fees are paid (a bit daft as that money could be used to pay the outstanding amounts)

the amount owed is more than the amount due to the club from the FL for October (which is normally quite a large payment)

In any event it has now been more than 6 weeks. There are all kinds of other penalties which can be imposed if the FL want to such as points deductions and relegations - a bit like the Chester situation but hopefully we are a long way off that yet.

Gooders
28-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Any point getting an embargo lifted when you can't sign anyone for 2 months+?

Stavros 69
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
embarrrr-o embarrrr-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
embarr, me say o, me say o, me say o
Me say o, me say day-o..
embargo come and me wan' go home

sw16girl
28-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Any point getting an embargo lifted when you can't sign anyone for 2 months+?

Yes because you can loan people in during that 2 months and the FL have a tendancy to fine clubs depending on the length of the embargo - plus interest is paid to the clubs the money is owed to, for the period it is late, in addition to the fine. Last time when the club was a little late a few years ago the fine was 1% per day. That soon got it paid up to date.

Billy Rhino
28-10-2009, 11:00 PM
1% per day?? I assumed it couldn't be straightforward but that is extortionate.

Jordan must really be in the sh!t at the moment if this is true.

sw16girl
28-10-2009, 11:52 PM
1% per day?? I assumed it couldn't be straightforward but that is extortionate.

Jordan must really be in the sh!t at the moment if this is true.

I would not dream of suggesting that it definitely is this amount - that is what it was last time but the FL has complete discretion over what fine if any to impose. They may have imposed that last time as it was for a relatively short period and wanted to make a point - it may be less this time - I wanted to make the point however that there is more to a transfer embargo than just not being able to sign/loan players and there is likely to be a financial penalty as well.

eagle101
29-10-2009, 09:50 AM
So a club has fallen behind on payments because they can't afford them... the FL bans them from signing players (stops them living beyond their means, so makes sense), but also puts a fine on them, knowing they have no money? :rolleyes:

cpfcfan1
29-10-2009, 09:52 AM
PALACE chairman Simon Jordan has revealed the transfer embargo placed on the club by the Football League was lifted weeks ago - but insisted no new players will be joining the squad in the January window.

Jordan confirmed the block on player signings had been resolved after he settled the outstanding money owed to Ipswich Town for the services of Alan Lee.

However, with money tight at the club manager Neil Warnock will continue to have to work with what he's got.

"We haven't been under embargo for weeks," said the Eagles chairman. "But I can tell you now there'll be no more transfers coming in during the window."

*For the full story and Jordan's views on David Gold's possible investment see tomorrow's (Friday's) Croydon Advertiser.

sw16girl
29-10-2009, 09:54 AM
PALACE chairman Simon Jordan has revealed the transfer embargo placed on the club by the Football League was lifted weeks ago - but insisted no new players will be joining the squad in the January window.

Jordan confirmed the block on player signings had been resolved after he settled the outstanding money owed to Ipswich Town for the services of Alan Lee.

However, with money tight at the club manager Neil Warnock will continue to have to work with what he's got.

"We haven't been under embargo for weeks," said the Eagles chairman. "But I can tell you now there'll be no more transfers coming in during the window."

*For the full story and Jordan's views on David Gold's possible investment see tomorrow's (Friday's) Croydon Advertiser.

I have checked again and it has indeed gone but not "weeks ago" - looks like the October monies from the FL have been put to good use and have paid off the outstanding debts - thank heavens for that whether or not we can sign new players we do not want that in place.

Gooders
29-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Funny how we hear bad news within minutes but good news much later.

jams1234
29-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Interesting. Wonder why he didn't announce it two weeks earlier.

Stavros 69
29-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm so looking forward to Jans transfer window

sw16girl
29-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Funny how we hear bad news within minutes but good news much later.

Mainly because my contact at the FL is no longer there and the new person will not hand out any info at all :) and was only prepared to say yes now the club has gone public - I have been trying to find out for a while as I expected it to have been lifted sometime in October as I have posted earlier. I don't know why the club didn't say anything though - you would think they would have wanted people to know.

Anyway it is a relief that there are no more penalties looming and if the club should see a worthwhile loanee who was cheap or we have a real injury crisis then they could act.

gold76
29-10-2009, 11:00 AM
encouraging news

ANDYEAGLE
29-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I have checked again and it has indeed gone but not "weeks ago" - looks like the October monies from the FL have been put to good use and have paid off the outstanding debts - thank heavens for that whether or not we can sign new players we do not want that in place.

We would have also recieved substantial money from season ticket sales this month. I went to renew ours yesterday and the guy said he thought we have sold about 4-5k.

AJ's right boot
29-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Mainly because my contact at the FL is no longer there and the new person will not hand out any info at all :) and was only prepared to say yes now the club has gone public - I have been trying to find out for a while as I expected it to have been lifted sometime in October as I have posted earlier. I don't know why the club didn't say anything though - you would think they would have wanted people to know.

Anyway it is a relief that there are no more penalties looming and if the club should see a worthwhile loanee who was cheap or we have a real injury crisis then they could act.
Whats happening with Gold etc? :angel:

EddieEdwards
29-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Mainly because my contact at the FL is no longer there and the new person will not hand out any info at all :) and was only prepared to say yes now the club has gone publicFair enough reason for you not being able to inform us that the embargo had been lifted, but yesterday you clearly stated that it was still in place.

sw16girl
29-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Fair enough reason for you not being able to inform us that the embargo had been lifted, but yesterday you clearly stated that it was still in place.

That is because that was what I was told by the FL contact (who had said they would tell me when it changed) - they had been 100% accurate before and very reliable - but they then moved on and the new person is not saying anything. It did seem a little odd as the money from the FL should have cancelled it out. Am very pleased to find out that it still in place. Does mean my FL contact is no more so am unlikely to find out anything else.