PDA

View Full Version : bristol city today told bristol daily that they would take carle back and call it eve

ellioteagle1
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
headline above:lux:

Lords Eagle
06-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Do we still owe them money?

sw16girl
06-11-2009, 08:55 AM
There is another instalment due at some point - not sure when.

Lords Eagle
06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
If this is true, and he appears to be out of favour maybe a good idea then.

the kooch
06-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Does Carle play for bristol daily?

sw16girl
06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
If this is true, and he appears to be out of favour maybe a good idea then.

I am fairly certain it is only 250k so not that good a deal though.

Brod
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Although I suppose it would get the wages down.

Any idea what he's on?

Owngoal
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Just because we paid 1million does not make him worth 250,000. Also assume he is a higher earner. If he can't get into the first team (and he has been given a lot of chances) we should let him go.

Ralph
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Pity. I rate Carle and can see Bristol City really benefitting if he goes back and plays as well as he can do for them.

David of Kent
06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I like him as a player. Not this season, but last season as a first team regular I thought we played our best football of the season when he was in line with Watson and Oster in midfield before Christmas.

However, he's fallen out of favour with management and doesn't appear likely to get back in. His contract runs to 2012 so it would suit all parties to let him go if we can write off 250k of debt along with one of (likely) our better salaries.

What were the circumstances of him leaving BC though? Did he not fall out with Johnson before he joined us?!

Nelson Muntz
06-11-2009, 09:21 AM
What were the circumstances of him leaving BC though? Did he not fall out with Johnson before he joined us?!
We offered 1m, they bit our hands off.

The Gerry Queen
06-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Just Brisrol City's pathetic attempt to take the piss. They are in no place to poke fun fun at Palace as their most recent declared end of year finances are also very bad, in line with so many other clubs ( Hull, Charlton,Ipswich,Norwich,West Ham and many others to name)
I must admit thought that I thought the last installment had been the final payment. No chance of sending him back after coughing up at least 750k by now. More chance of sending him on loan abroad. It appears Simon Jordan may need to reconsider what he is expects to recieve for Carle's services.
Each day now I feel a little more impatient for a new owners to materialse and give us a break from Simon Jordan's tenure. He has gone public for a long time now about his change of heart and selling. It's time to stop hanging out for a totally unrealistic valuation and to make Gold or whoever an attractive offer before the administrators have to do the same and leave him with nothing.

Baldy
06-11-2009, 09:23 AM
headline above:lux:

Upper Case ?

sydnsteve
06-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I think he should have a run in midfield, as he is our only crerative midfielder who can run with the ball and deliver it. But as he clearly is not going to get in the team, although that is a totally derisory offer, we might as well take it.

Celestial Empire
06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Just Brisrol City's pathetic attempt to take the piss. They are in no place to poke fun fun at Palace as their most recent declared end of year finances are also very bad, in line with so many other clubs ( Hull, Charlton,Ipswich,Norwich,West Ham and many others to name)
I must admit thought that I thought the last installment had been the final payment. No chance of sending him back after coughing up at least 750k by now. More chance of sending him on loan abroad. It appears Simon Jordan may need to reconsider what he is expects to recieve for Carle's services.
Each day now I feel a little more impatient for a new owners to materialse and give us a break from Simon Jordan's tenure. He has gone public for a long time now about his change of heart and selling. It's time to stop hanging out for a totally unrealistic valuation and to make Gold or whoever an attractive offer before the administrators have to do the same and leave him with nothing.

Yes, but somehow they are 5th, have just announced plans for a new stadium, and their infernal luck just seems to keep rolling.:eek: They are full of hubris. (and other substances :hmph: )

Celestial Empire
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I think he should have a run in midfield, as he is our only crerative midfielder who can run with the ball and deliver it. But as he clearly is not going to get in the team, although that is a totally derisory offer, we might as well take it.

Yeah, lets drop Ambrose and replace him with Carle.:angel:

gold76
06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
watching a million pound player turning out for the stiffs the other day in front of 110 fans was a bit of a sad sight tbh.

He did show some nice touches, but is in need of a change of scenery come January.

Going back to Bristol may be for the best all round..

Owngoal
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Watson allowed him to look OK, he has had chance after chance but not taken them. Kuqi goes on a free transfer, we pay 2 million, was he ever worth anything like that? gold76, did he look worth a place? If we do owe again, here comes the 3rd tranfer ban

gold76
06-11-2009, 10:51 AM
He did ok, nothing spectacular, will no doubt be on the bench tomorrow.

Stavros 69
06-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I still dont think he's had a real chance.

**** off Bristol City.

kolinkins
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I think he should have a run in midfield, as he is our only crerative midfielder who can run with the ball and deliver it.

When, in 37 games last season, did he do that?

kolinkins
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM

**** off Bristol City.

Do you want to see those stats again?

Beanie
06-11-2009, 11:09 AM
watching a million pound player turning out for the stiffs the other day in front of 110 fans was a bit of a sad sight tbh.

He did show some nice touches, but is in need of a change of scenery come January.

Going back to Bristol may be for the best all round..
We have seen much more expensive player in the reserves because they should never have been bought - Kuqi and Akinbiyi for example - price tags don't make first team players. I've seen nothing while he's been here that would make me think we should drop Danns or Ambrose for him at the moment.

limited_edition
06-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, lets drop Ambrose and replace him with Carle.:angel:We could drop the ultra negativity of having 2 defensive midfielders in Ertl and Dezza and play Nicky instead of Johnny.

kolinkins
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
We could drop the ultra negativity of having 2 defensive midfielders in Ertl and Dezza and play Nicky instead of Johnny.

That negativity that bought us 1 defeat in 9?

PalaceMonkey
06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Dezza isn't playing as defensively as Ertl.
He's been putting in some excellent attacking passing

limited_edition
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
That negativity that bought us 1 defeat in 9?Yep, all those wins in that run have been fantastic. :rolleyes:

Even deep down, NW knew his starting line up at QPR was negative & wasn't working. Which is why he changed the line up at HT & Freddie running at the hapless Hall got us the pen.

sydnsteve
06-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep, all those wins in that run have been fantastic. :rolleyes:

Klinx will get yer!

limited_edition
06-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Klinx will get yer!I'm soiling myself as a I type. :rolleyes:

Crunchie
06-11-2009, 12:41 PM

Sums up my feelings too.

If Danns is to play on the left and Ambrose on the right, free role, then Carle in the middle with Derry would be good for our home games.

Sears or Moses upfront with John.

I can see Ertl's role for away games.

I don't believe Bristol City could get him for a 250k instalment surely? If they do, it would be very depressing. I agree a loan (with a fee) would be the best all round.

I have said all along that my biggest fear, is that SJ wants too much to get his money back. We'll he gambled and lost.

He can't or won't throw good money after bad any more, so should just cut his losses and go asap, as we have been stagnating long enough.

Phil's Barber
06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
**** off Bristol City.

Is the right answer.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I find this suggestion very hard to believe.
City were, like us, already pretty disappointed by Carle and were pretty happy to get rid.
Particularly cause of high wages - and they were delighted to get that fee.
With the midfielders they have now, all performing pretty well I can't imagine they'd want Carle back.

Latvian Eagle
06-11-2009, 01:11 PM

I've mentioned this before. The reason Bristol City sold Carle was because he plays the same position as Lee Johnson and Gary was never going to not play his son, so Carle had to go.

jobiinthelastmi
06-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I've mentioned this before. The reason Bristol City sold Carle was because he plays the same position as Lee Johnson and Gary was never going to not play his son, so Carle had to go.

Nah they saw the money and took it.

Don't rate him to be honest. That peformance against Leicester put it beyond all doubt for me. He isn't going to turn into Zidane given 10-15 games sadly.

Hasn't worked out sadly, thats football, lets get rid and move on.

Latvian Eagle
06-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Nah they saw the money and took it.

Don't rate him to be honest. That peformance against Leicester put it beyond all doubt for me. He isn't going to turn into Zidane given 10-15 games sadly.

Hasn't worked out sadly, thats football, lets get rid and move on.

I'm actually not joking.

Friend of mine, his Dad is an agent for a former Bristol City player.

jobiinthelastmi
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm actually not joking.

There isn't one starting position for a player on the pitch unless it's the goalkeeper. If he was that good their manager would have fit him into one of the four midfield slots.

rhynoeagle
06-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Even deep down, NW knew his starting line up at QPR was negative & wasn't working. Which is why he changed the line up at HT & Freddie running at the hapless Hall got us the pen.

Oh For god sake, weve lost 1 in 9 ! It shows our team is very difficult to beat, but yet still people moan.

biggus mickus
06-11-2009, 06:20 PM

**** off Bristol City.

A). He did have chances, and fell flat.

B). I love it when you talk dirty.

Rimmer10
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I can't see why Carle doesn't get a game when he starts N'diaye who struggles to control the ball. Carle has class lets give him a run in the side along side derry, dannes and ambrose.

AJ
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM
If this happens, will Carle be downgraded from a 1m pound player?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm actually not joking.

It's true that Johnson's son was keeping him out of the team, but it's pure conjecture that it was solely due to nepotism.

There was a hope when we bought Carle that we'd taken one of City's best players by exploiting Johnson's favouritism. Unfortunately, Carle's form since he's been with us would suggest that Bristol City's selection process is maybe more meritocratic than we thought.

CPFC_DAVE77
06-11-2009, 10:07 PM
We offered 1m, they bit our hands off.

I think Nelson is spot on here. If you ignore a selec few teams 1 million is a lot to invest in a player at CCC level in the current climate.

CPFC_DAVE77
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM

I'm not going to neg rep you because it's sad IMHO; but you have got to get a grip and appreciate that for a team that has not bought a player for over a year, being where we are is an achievement.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe it was always in NW's mind to try and keep it level at half time; and then throw caution to the wind? Our away form is excellent and I have absolute confidence NW is the best man is man to lead the club; Nick Carle is expendable now.

limited_edition
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm not going to neg rep you because it's sad IMHO; but you have got to get a grip and appreciate that for a team that has not bought a player for over a year, being where we are is an achievement.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe it was always in NW's mind to try and keep it level at half time; and then throw caution to the wind? Our away form is excellent and I have absolute confidence NW is the best man is man to lead the club; Nick Carle is expendable now.I don't actually agree with the fact that where we are is an achievement, but I won't dwell on that.

Back on topic. If a manager can't get his big signings right, like NW with Carle, then any whinging to the chairman about how little money he has to spend can be thrown back in his face. Perhaps if he gets his big signings right, then he can be trusted in future if we get dosh to spend. As it was, it was a big waste of resources at a time when we knew that we weren't flush. His failure to get the best out of Nicky or whatever it was is something we can't just sweep under the carpet. This is one of the many reasons why I don't have confidence in NW.

As for your 2nd para regarding the formation change at QPR at HT, fair point.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2009, 11:41 PM
That negativity that bought us 1 defeat in 9?

3 wins in 11, only 4 all season!

GreatGonzo
06-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh For god sake, weve lost 1 in 9 ! It shows our team is very difficult to beat, but yet still people moan.

4 wins 4 defeats - says we are as easy to beat as we are likely to break down the opposition.

CPFC_DAVE77
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I don't actually agree with the fact that where we are is an achievement, but I won't dwell on that.

Back on topic. If a manager can't get his big signings right, like NW with Carle, then any whinging to the chairman about how little money he has to spend can be thrown back in his face. Perhaps if he gets his big signings right, then he can be trusted in future if we get dosh to spend. As it was, it was a big waste of resources at a time when we knew that we weren't flush. His failure to get the best out of Nicky or whatever it was is something we can't just sweep under the carpet. This is one of the many reasons why I don't have confidence in NW.

I do agree that Nicky Carle seems a talented and gifted footballer; yet from what we've sen it is a travesty we spent a million on him. It's almost certainly NW's biggest mistake when you consider of precarious financial position.

I think those that claim NW doesn't use talented players are wrong; as BW played excellently, alongside Scott Sinclair, Moses for a spell, and more recently Danns and Ambrose.

glaziers fan
07-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Do you know what, I'm not bothered about Nicky Carle anymore. I used to be a fan but he's slower than I thought he would be and doesn't suit our system/won't cut it in the premiership because of that. He shows moments of class, but he's slow in thought as well as speed and I honestly believe N'Diaye, Derry and Danns are better. (Plus Ambrose is better if we need an attacking centre mid.)

I was wrong about Nicky. Time to let him go.

thereichstuff
07-11-2009, 11:27 AM
3 wins in 11, only 4 all season!:rolleyes:

thereichstuff
4 wins 4 defeats - says we are as easy to beat as we are likely to break down the opposition.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
It's true that Johnson's son was keeping him out of the team, but it's pure conjecture that it was solely due to nepotism.

There was a hope when we bought Carle that we'd taken one of City's best players by exploiting Johnson's favouritism. Unfortunately, Carle's form since he's been with us would suggest that Bristol City's selection process is maybe more meritocratic than we thought.

Yeah, he wasn't picked because he wasn't playing very well and was usually ineffective.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
07-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm actually not joking.

Again, it wasn't cause he was only ever going to play his son, Lee Johnson has been left out many, many times.

It's because he wasn't good enough and his son was just one of the players who were better than him. I don't claim to have much inside knowledge on anything Palace related but I can assure you this was the case with Carle. He simply hadn't played very well at City, was a disappointment, was on high wages and was never going to be first choice. They were shocked and delighted by our bid, which was most likely based on his one best game for City, in the play-offs.

New LP
07-11-2009, 12:13 PM
What a nasty little club they are. Maybe we could have our goal back, the c**ts.

New LP
07-11-2009, 12:14 PM
3 wins in 11, only 4 all season!

Why do you bother?

thefox
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't actually agree with the fact that where we are is an achievement, but I won't dwell on that.

I don't think it's a case of getting signings right in Warnocks time. I think it's a case of getting any half decent players to sign for a lowish paying championship team instead of signing for a higher paying one and even accepting sitting in the reserve team. Players aren't queing up to sign for us. It's a case of paying whatever it takes to get someone through the door (that we can afford). It's not just us ,but teams below us in the league or paying the same or lower have the same problem.

Beanie
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I can't see why Carle doesn't get a game when he starts N'diaye who struggles to control the ball. Carle has class lets give him a run in the side along side derry, dannes and ambrose.
N'Diaye wasn't keeping Carle out of the side, as can be seen by the fact that he has now lost his place to Ertl, Carle is being kept out by Danns and Ambrose, and there is no way he should displace either of them.

Beanie
09-11-2009, 11:28 AM
4 wins 4 defeats - says we are as easy to beat as we are likely to break down the opposition.
The last 10 games have been 4 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss, hard to be critical of that, especially who the draws were against.

pauldrulez
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
They can have Carle back in return for:

250k payment not to be paid.

An apology from manager/chairman. And Freddie given his goal and us given the win.

sunshine lucas
09-11-2009, 12:58 PM

An apology from manager/chairman. And Freddie given his goal and us given the win.

... and Nicky Maynard...

That'd be nice.

sheepy
09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
He will get another chance in the team between now and january, of that I'm sure. If he doesn't take it, like lots of other opportunities then he'l be out of the club and rightfully so.

The only time he's performed at this club is when Oster was at the top of his game last season. Its no suprise that as soon as Oster's form dropped, Nicky's impact on games disappeared. In a good team he looks average, in an average team he looks poor. IMO for him to succeed he needs the team to be built around his strengths and I just don't think he's good enough to justify this.

I am willing to give him a second chance, and as I said, between now and January he will get a couple of games. If he doesn't show he's got himself fit and doesn't perform well then selling him is the only solution. We will have to find a replacement but that's football

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Dunno why you lot all think we'd even want Carle back...

In midfield we have Evander Sno, Paul Hartley, Gavin Williams, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliot, Lee Johnson....

He wouldnt get in the squad, let alone the team.

...and I'm quite suprised that you feel that a football club should apolgise for a refereeing error.

Celestial Empire
10-11-2009, 02:35 PM
He will get another chance in the team between now and january, of that I'm sure. If he doesn't take it, like lots of other opportunities then he'l be out of the club and rightfully so.

The only time he's performed at this club is when Oster was at the top of his game last season. Its no suprise that as soon as Oster's form dropped, Nicky's impact on games disappeared. In a good team he looks average, in an average team he looks poor. IMO for him to succeed he needs the team to be built around his strengths and I just don't think he's good enough to justify this.

I am willing to give him a second chance, and as I said, between now and January he will get a couple of games. If he doesn't show he's got himself fit and doesn't perform well then selling him is the only solution. We will have to find a replacement but that's football

Agree with most of this, but we have plenty of promising young midfielders and don't need to replace Carle, and, all reports say that Carle is an excellent, hard-working trainer, so that is not his problem,

917L
10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
...and I'm quite suprised that you feel that a football club should apolgise for a refereeing error.

They should apologise for the pile of lies they (repeatedley) told after the game

Johsnon and your clown of a chairman

Neckinger Eagle
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
In midfield we have Evander Sno, Paul Hartley, Gavin Williams, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliot, Lee Johnson....

Who?

Beanie
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Dunno why you lot all think we'd even want Carle back...

Take it up with whoever spoke to your local - they said it we didn't.

pauldrulez
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
In midfield we have
Evander Sno, Who?
Paul Hartley, Who?
Gavin Williams, Who?
Cole Skuse, Who?
Marvin Elliot, Heard of him
Lee Johnson.... NEPOTISM ALERT

He wouldnt get in the squad, let alone the team.
Bit like here then.

I'd say he is 6th choice midfielder.

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 05:08 PM
They should apologise for the pile of lies they (repeatedley) told after the game

Johsnon and your clown of a chairman

Still bleating on about this phantom goal yada yada yada. No idea why you have it in so badly for 'Johsnon'. But, like any sane professional, he gladly accepts any refereeing cock ups that come our way.

A Palace fan calling our chairman a clown? That's a goodun. :clown:

kolinkins
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Still bleating on about this phantom goal yada yada yada. No idea why you have it in so badly for 'Johsnon'. But, like any sane professional, he gladly accepts any refereeing cock ups that come our way.

what about the two ***** in red who appealed to the lino for a goal kick?

******* city.

cranesparkeagle
10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
wouldn't give Bristol the satisfaction. I still think Carle has a role to play. He has more range than Ertl. Trouble is, Ertl appears to be fitter

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
what about the two ***** in red who appealed to the lino for a goal kick?

******* city.

The two stars in red weren't trying to trick the lino into giving a goal kick, they were appealing for a free kick...to which they are entitled.

Next you'll be having a pop because Johnson didnt take his players off in disgust at the decision, or offer to replay afterwards..

What is it with this holier than thou attitude when stuff goes against your club, yet you also lap it up when decisions go your way....speroni deliberate handball anyone? Deliberate handball at Ashton Gate in the 1-1? Quite!

Neckinger Eagle
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I think we need a sense of proportion here, gentlemen.

It isn't Garlicbread's fault that Bristol City are just a feeder club for the Palace, and not a very good one at that. They provide us with Nick Carle who unfortunately cannot keep our own, home grown 17 year olds out the side.

And just as Palace are historically a yo-yo club between the Premiership and the top half of the Championship, why shouldn't Garlicbread enjoy one of Bristol City's rare forays into the second tier of football.

We all enjoy a plucky underdog like Bristol City when they punch well above their fighting weight.

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I think we need a sense of proportion here, gentlemen.

It isn't Garlicbread's fault that Bristol City are just a feeder club for the Palace, and not a very good one at that. They provide us with Nick Carle who unfortunately cannot keep our own, home grown 17 year olds out the side.

And just as Palace are historically a yo-yo club between the Premiership and the top half of the Championship, why shouldn't Garlicbread enjoy one of Bristol City's rare forays into the second tier of football.

We all enjoy a plucky underdog like Bristol City when they punch well above their fighting weight.

Palace are yo yo ing between mid table and bottom of the CCC these days.

But seriouly, I think you've touched on something here Neckinger.

I think some at palace go on about it because its a small upstart like BCFC...had it been a bigger club, then you may have found it easier to accept the terrible reffing that day.

And the fact you lot really do not like us (were not even rivals)...is surely because we have had the audacity to finally wake up and consistently exceed your club...who seem to be a bit on the slide these days. Fact is that we are presently a bigger club. I'm not fishing to try and wind you all up, unlike your good self..but cant see how you ar bigger...and facts are facts...

Looks like we are going to finish above your club for the 3rd year running. We have finally built a great squad this year who may well push it all the way...a nice big 30,000 seater stadium (with freehold) on the way, a happy camp indeed... and we all have that 'clown' Steve Lansdown to thank for it.

Hows that for a bit of perspective?

Oh, and what a joy to 'feed' you Nick Carle for a mill.

pistol
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM

I think some at palace go on about it because its a small upstart like BCFC...had it been a bigger club, then you may have found it easier to accept the terrible reffing that day.

And the fact you lot really do not like us (were not even rivals)...is surely because we have had the audacity to finally wake up and consistently exceed your club...who seem to be a bit on the slide these days. Fact is that we are presently a bigger club. I'm not fishing to try and wind you all up, unlike your good self..but cant see how you ar bigger...and facts are facts...

Looks like we are going to finish above your club for the 3rd year running. We have finally built a great squad this year who may well push it all the way...a nice big 30,000 seater stadium (with freehold) on the way, a happy camp indeed... and we all have that 'clown' Steve Lansdown to thank for it.

:S: :S: :S: :S:

ugly and fat
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
if your that good,WHY arent you an ESTABLISHED prem div team?

BulletEagle
10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Garlicbread, no team in the Championship that hasn't been in the Prem in the last 2 years is better than any other.

For example, I would not say ****** City are any better than us, or Watford. We are no better than Swansea, or Derby. Who are no better than Forest or QPR.

It is a level playing field until one of these teams achieves something.

Now please remind me: What have you achieved that exceeds the achievements of Palace in the last four years?

thereichstuff
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Dont rise to it .

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Garlicbread, no team in the Championship that hasn't been in the Prem in the last 2 years is better than any other.

For example, I would not say ****** City are any better than us, or Watford. We are no better than Swansea, or Derby. Who are no better than Forest or QPR.

It is a level playing field until one of these teams achieves something.

Now please remind me: What have you achieved that exceeds the achievements of Palace in the last four years?

I take your point about the closeness, and with that history and tradition counts for jack.

But the way I see it is there are tiers in this league. At the top you have your 'prem' squads with depth and big players...should be looking top 2 such as toon, WBA, Borough etc.

Then you have your 'not yet prem', but building good squads, and should be contenders for prayoff (like burnley last year)...Bristol City, Preston, Sheff U, Forest, Crapdiff.

Then your also rans who should be tier 2, but for whatever reason arent quite there...Palace, Sheff W, Ipswich.

Then you got your clubs that are just chuffed to be in this league and survival is a bonus...Blackpool, Scunny, Pboro.

Although all teams can beat each other and there is one point between 3rd and 7th at the mo, we can all say right now where we will all roughly end up come game 46...

Only as you ask...In terms of what we have achieved....not to be confused with honours....finished 4th, beat you in the playoofs home and away, finished higher in the league again last year. That is acheiving more ..not that it means aything...our prize is promotion..but just facts

Not trolling, just chatting

pumaspalace
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Who?
Took the words out of my mouth!

pumaspalace
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Yep you'll be able to fill that :rolleyes:

BulletEagle
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I take your point about the closeness, and with that history and tradition counts for jack.

But the way I see it is there are tiers in this league. At the top you have your 'prem' squads with depth and big players...should be looking top 2 such as toon, WBA, Borough etc.

Then you have your 'not yet prem', but building good squads, and should be contenders for prayoff (like burnley last year)...Bristol City, Preston, Sheff U, Forest, Crapdiff.

Then your also rans who should be tier 2, but for whatever reason arent quite there...Palace, Sheff W, Ipswich.

Then you got your clubs that are just chuffed to be in this league and survival is a bonus...Blackpool, Scunny, Pboro.

Although all teams can beat each other and there is one point between 3rd and 7th at the mo, we can all say right now where we will all roughly end up come game 46...

Only as you ask...In terms of what we have achieved....not to be confused with honours....finished 4th, beat you in the playoofs home and away, finished higher in the league again last year. That is acheiving more ..not that it means aything...our prize is promotion..but just facts

Not trolling, just chatting

I get your point, and I feel the same about the tiers, but you still haven't achieved more. Finishing higher in the League isn't really an achievement, more a step towards an achievement. You are closer to us than promotion at the moment, but so were Leeds the year before they were relegated, showing just how close the League is, so all teams are equal in 'bigness' for want of a better word, until somebody wins something.

A table finish doesn't count for that.

Ralph
10-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Sadly I agree with a lot of this post. If we were run as well as Bristol City we would be a Premier League Team and if Bristol City were run as "well" as us they would be a poor League 1 side.

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I get your point, and I feel the same about the tiers, but you still haven't achieved more. Finishing higher in the League isn't really an achievement, more a step towards an achievement. You are closer to us than promotion at the moment, but so were Leeds the year before they were relegated, showing just how close the League is, so all teams are equal in 'bigness' for want of a better word, until somebody wins something.

A table finish doesn't count for that.

We would disagree, not least for the fact we have come from league 1 to consistently acheiving the level much higher as opposed to unnexpected promotion to the prem, relegation and then mediocrity

pauldrulez
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Deliberate handball at Ashton Gate in the 1-1? Quite!
You mean after the shocking penalty decision?

And the extra minute and a half that was played.

That game got me a weeks worth of detention in my 6th form as I decked my Brizzle friend for rubbing it in my face for 3 days.

It was worth it.

Until August when our goal was disallowed.

I really wanted to do it again when he started singing about it.

GeeTee
10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
... beat you in the playoffs home and away...

You lost your home leg 0-1.

Garlicbread
10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
You lost your home leg 0-1.

Odd reply

Neckinger Eagle
11-11-2009, 12:07 AM

Glad to see you took the bait. The truth is a little more simple. I think Palace fans respect a lot of the clubs in the Championship, teams like Preston, Doncaster, Scunny, who play with pride and have decent people as supporters.

Unfortunately, Bristol City come across as genuinely unlikeable. There is just no humility, no decency. Fortunately the club is over extending itself so all this guff you are coming out with will only be a temporary thing.

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
You mean after the shocking penalty decision?

And the extra minute and a half that was played.

That game got me a weeks worth of detention in my 6th form as I decked my Brizzle friend for rubbing it in my face for 3 days.

It was worth it.

Until August when our goal was disallowed.

I really wanted to do it again when he started singing about it.

My point is that the opening goal by your player in the 1-1 was controlled with his hand before he finished (ref and lino missed it)... but of course, none of you saw it (no different to Gary Johnson or any of us)

Colin moaning about the extra time being played, was only to sublimate the fact that he couldnt hold onto a lead...so blamed others as usual.....

....the extra minute and half was added fairly (for timewasting mostly)....I timed it.

Now, 100 lines for you....I will not punch Wurzels in class!

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Glad to see you took the bait. The truth is a little more simple. I think Palace fans respect a lot of the clubs in the Championship, teams like Preston, Doncaster, Scunny, who play with pride and have decent people as supporters.

Unfortunately, Bristol City come across as genuinely unlikeable. There is just no humility, no decency. Fortunately the club is over extending itself so all this guff you are coming out with will only be a temporary thing.

Hardly suprising you lot would feel that way....because of the recent bad blood, the fact we cannot stand your lot and absolutely love beating you....not suprised it shows on the terraces.

Funnily enough, those northern teams you mention...we get on very well with them.

Beanie
11-11-2009, 10:38 AM

A Palace fan calling our chairman a clown? That's a goodun. :clown:
Of course Johnson accepts the error, but he didn't have to tell at least three different versions of the event that I heard to try to justify it was no error. Had he simply said "we got lucky" there'd be no beef, but he claimed at different times it didn't go in, came back off the post; the ref told him he gave offside; the ref told him he gave a foul. In fact the ref gave a goal kick.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-11-2009, 10:46 AM
This whole Bristol City-Palace thing is so boring now. It's football, get over it.
There are contreversial decisions made with loads of teams, loads of players foul and do or say silly things during and after games.

Big deal:)

CPFC_DAVE77
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
This whole Bristol City-Palace thing is so boring now. It's football, get over it.
There are contreversial decisions made with loads of teams, loads of players foul and do or say silly things during and after games.

Big deal:)

Erm a foul and naughty word is hardly the same as having a completely legitimate goal hit the back of the net and be adjudged as a goal kick.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Erm a foul and naughty word is hardly the same as having a completely legitimate goal hit the back of the net and be adjudged as a goal kick.

Yeah - but the point is clubs fall out over lots of things but it's months ago now and we need to move on. Plus people are bringing up stuff a match two seasons ago. It's so petty and it's only football.

CPFC_DAVE77
11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah - but the point is clubs fall out over lots of things but it's months ago now and we need to move on. Plus people are bringing up stuff a match two seasons ago. It's so petty and it's only football.

I see your point and generally agree. IF we get dragged into a relegation battle, The Ashton Gate Ghost Goal will quite rightly rear it's ugly head once more. Howvever, IMHO it happened so early on if we were to be dragged in it would be because of the other 35 odd games not that one in particular.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I see your point and generally agree. IF we get dragged into a relegation battle, The Ashton Gate Ghost Goal will quite rightly rear it's ugly head once more. Howvever, IMHO it happened so early on if we were to be dragged in it would be because of the other 35 odd games not that one in particular.

And most likely we will be in mid-table and it won't make any difference to much in the end, so there's no point letting it bother us anymore.

Neillo's Son
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm well over the farce that was the Brizzle game, but I can't help but think we'd be doing a lot better than we are if that goal had stood.

Sears said it hasn't knocked his confidence, it clearly has and we would of claimed atleast a point in that match. I can't help but think, with a confident Sears and another win under our belts we would be in the playoffs!

It's never like that at Palace though :confused:

City fans hate us probably as much as we hate them, but they've had the vast majority of luck (bar Fonte's penalty dive), when we start getting the rub of the green against them, they'll see how ridiculous the refereeing has been against us at times.

pauldrulez
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
My point is that the opening goal by your player in the 1-1 was controlled with his hand before he finished (ref and lino missed it)... but of course, none of you saw it (no different to Gary Johnson or any of us)

Colin moaning about the extra time being played, was only to sublimate the fact that he couldnt hold onto a lead...so blamed others as usual.....

....the extra minute and half was added fairly (for timewasting mostly)....I timed it.

Now, 100 lines for you....I will not punch Wurzels in class!
No, No-one saw it. Because it hit his chest.

There was no time-wasting as we didn't have the ball for most of the added-on time. In fact, you had 2 corners. One on 95:05 which you scored from.

I cannot wait for the day it all goes wrong in Bristol.

A club that I actually wanted to do well when you came up.

Now you are despised almost as much as Cardiff.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Sears said it hasn't knocked his confidence, it clearly has and we would of claimed atleast a point in that match. I can't help but think, with a confident Sears and another win under our belts we would be in the playoffs!

I don't see why it would knock his confidence that a goal wasn't given. I think his poor form in other games and missing that penalty has had far more impact on him.

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
No, No-one saw it. Because it hit his chest.

There was no time-wasting as we didn't have the ball for most of the added-on time. In fact, you had 2 corners. One on 95:05 which you scored from.

I cannot wait for the day it all goes wrong in Bristol.

A club that I actually wanted to do well when you came up.

Now you are despised almost as much as Cardiff.

Good for you young man.

Why would a referee (who is being assessed) get something as simple as operating a stopwatch wrong. Oh no, wait a minute, he probably had it in for Crystal Palace?

You should let the scales fall from your eyes and stop swallowing Colin's continous attempts at sidestepping any blame for your club not performing.

Phantom goal asside, have you not conidered that when you dont get a result it's because your team isnt good enough?

Or is it always going to be someone elses fault... refs timekeeping, dodgy pen, Gary Johnsons comments, the two city players talking to a linesman etc etc etc etc

Now that you have royally put me in my place by not liking my club, I'm off for a good cry.

....see you in Hellhurst!

jobiinthelastmi
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Thank god for Windass :lux: :lux: :hi:

sunshine lucas
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Looks like we are going to finish above your club for the 3rd year running. .[/QUOTE]

Hmm, we are getting excited (in early November) aren't we?
4 points ahead eh... we'll see.

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Hmm, we are getting excited (in early November) aren't we?
4 points ahead eh... we'll see.

Your chairman doesnt sound as confident as you..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23763668-simon-jordans-broadside-at-deserting-crystal-palace-fans.do

BulletEagle
11-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks like we are going to finish above your club for the 3rd year running.

If you want to play ball, we will.

1990/91 finishes:

Palace: 3rd, Premiership
Bristol City: 9th, Second Division

1991/92 finishes:

Palace: 10th, Premiership
Bristol City: 17th, Second Division

1992/93 finishes:

Palace: 20th, Premiership
Bristol City: 15th, Division 1

1993/94 finishes:

Palace: 1st, Division 1
Bristol City: 13th, Division 1

1994/95 finishes:

Palace: 19th, Premiership
Bristol City: 23rd, Division 1

1995/96 finishes:

Palace: 3rd, Division 1
Bristol City: 13th, Division 2

1996/97 finishes:

Palace: 6th, Division 1
Bristol City: 5th, Division 2

1997/98 finishes:

Palace: 20th, Premiership
Bristol City: 2nd, Division 2

1998/99 finishes:

Palace: 14th, Division 1
Bristol City: 24th, Division 1

1999/2000 finishes:

Palace: 15th, Division 1
Bristol City: 9th, Division 2

2000/01 finishes:

Palace: 21st, Division 1
Bristol City: 9th, Division 2

2001/02 finishes:

Palace: 10th, Division 1
Bristol City: 7th, Division 2

2002/03 finishes:

Palace: 14th, Division 1
Bristol City: 3rd, Division 2

2003/04 finishes:

Palace: 6th, Division 1
Bristol City: 3rd Division 2

2004/05 finishes:

Palace: 18th, Premiership
Bristol City: 7th, League 1

2005/06 finishes:

Palace: 6th, Championship
Bristol City: 9th, League 1

2006/07 finishes:

Palace: 12th, Championship
Bristol City: 2nd, League 1

2007/08 finishes:

Palace: 5th, Championship
Bristol City: 4th, Championship

2008/09 finishes:

Palace: 15th, Championship
Bristol City: 10th, Championship

How's THAT for a bit of perspective?

And before you mention about how you have finished higher than us the last two years, let me just check those records:

Palace have finished higher than you 17 times. The only other two have been the two you mentioned.

Don't pretend to yourself you are a bigger club than us. You aren't. Now go and cheat again.

steve hail
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Let's allow them a moment in the sun.

Being a Palace fan is hard at times. It must be far harder following Bristol City, Accrington Stanley and the like.

No need for us to be ungracious.

BulletEagle
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Let's allow them a moment in the sun.

Being a Palace fan is hard at times. It must be far harder following Bristol City, Accrington Stanley and the like.

No need for us to be ungracious.

I'm not being ungracious, I'm not denying they finished above us for the past three years. What I am doing is putting out the hard facts.

Adlerhorst
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh I think you are.

For one you just started a thread about how much you hate them.

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not being ungracious, I'm not denying they finished above us for the past three years. What I am doing is putting out the hard facts.

These facts are clearly important to you, so I will give them credence. Historically, Palace have done better. We were rubbish for years, massive underachievers, and tbh, it's only now that were getting over bankrupcy in 1982.

But now it is different.....in the last 3 years, we have gone from perennial league one no hopers to a genuine CCC force.

I only care about here and now...we now have a large and talented ccc squad that will give it another good go for another year, real chance of promotion, great gaffer and chairman, nice new ground (with freehold) on the way.

So forgive me if I dont care like you do for the historical comparisons between the two clubs...and as you clearly don't like us, I can see how it rankles you all.

sunshine lucas
11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Garlic, you're sounding a bit Clowntown now... protesting a bit too much...
Haven't you got Rovers as 'proper' rivals... we really don't mind you that much... :love:
(and I think we will win finish above you this year ;) )

ZOHAR
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Bristol City are like Garlicbread but Palace are Garlicbread with cheese

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Garlic, you're sounding a bit Clowntown now... protesting a bit too much...
Haven't you got Rovers as 'proper' rivals... we really don't mind you that much... :love:
(and I think we will win finish above you this year ;) )

TBH matey, its hard to get valid points over to such a partisan crowd...

Rovers? Bristol Rovers? Not rivals at all anymore. Its a bit like asking a Pompey fan what he feels about Waterlooville.

Garlicbread
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
All banter aside, I aint got a problem with palace, i quite like the needle.

Used to live in the area for a bit and still have family there.

That said, we love being your bogey club

GeeTee
11-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Odd reply

Nothing odd about it. You asserted that you beat us home and away in the play-offs, but you lost the home leg one nil (hence extra time being needed). I was simply pointing that out.

I can't be arsed to contribute to the wider debate about who is bigger than who.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Come on Garlicbread. You come on here asking us why we think the mighty City would want to take back Carle, when the answer to your question is in the thread title. Clearly it was an excuse to come on here and lord it up about how wonderful your midfield is compared to ours. Despite the fact that to others it looks like it's chock full of Celtic rejects and daddy's boys.

Now **** off, your breath smells.

Diehard
14-11-2009, 12:00 PM

I suspect there are a few minted Bristol City fans or some big money investors who would look at BC as a viable long term opportunity. Sadly, right now, Palace are about as attractive as Brian from Strictly.

Garlicbread
14-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I suspect there are a few minted Bristol City fans or some big money investors who would look at BC as a viable long term opportunity. Sadly, right now, Palace are about as attractive as Brian from Strictly.

Absolutely, his name is Stephen Lansdown...worth about 350m cash

..not quite the clown that some people on here might have you believe

vivideagle
15-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Absolutely, his name is Stephen Lansdown...worth about 350m cash

..not quite the clown that some people on here might have you believe

You can still be a clown and be a multi-millionaire, just look at Ronald Mcdonald :clown:

New LP
15-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Bristol are just small time idiots. Particularly like the boast about finishing above us 3 years running....wow they've really hit the big time haven't they!! I wonder how many Premiership seasons, England internationals, cup finals, cup semi finals, playoff finals for the Premiership they've had over the last couple of decades? And the one time they did make a Championship playoff semi they couldn't even sell their allocation for Selhurst.

I think if the phantom goal had happened in reverse most of us would of had the honesty and good grace to acknowledge that Bristol had a right to complain. Most of their fans, like this Garlicbread fool have choosen instead not to do that, instead turning the whole turning into an attack on Warnock and that speaks volumes. Generally though football has a habit of evening things out, as Charlton found out, I would expect to see Bristol at their rightful level in the bottom 2 divisions of English football before too long.

Crunchie
15-11-2009, 10:14 PM
These facts are clearly important to you, so I will give them credence. Historically, Palace have done better. We were rubbish for years, massive underachievers, and tbh, it's only now that were getting over bankrupcy in 1982.

We were basically bankrupt in 1981 after Ray Bloye, and Noades bought Palace for a pound and then later took the ground away from the club

We also went into administration in 1999.

So why has it taken you so long to recover from 25 years ago?

Woodside_CP
17-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I can't be arsed to contribute to the wider debate about who is bigger than who.

The Brizzle numpty's argument is that they are bigger as they have higher than us in the league and finished a higher last season.

Unfortunately it isn't that simple.

By his logic we are also bigger than Leeds United as we are not only higher in the table, but in a higher league.

Got no problem with Bristol City, always nice seeing the little teams do well. We're going through a shit time at the moment, by their standards they are having one of the best ever periods in their history. However, it's all peaks and troughs and normality will (hopefully) be restored shortly... :)

Heb 7:4
17-11-2009, 04:08 PM
All banter aside, I aint got a problem with palace, i quite like the needle.

Used to live in the area for a bit and still have family there.

That said, we love being your bogey club
Are you our bogey club? You don't really register with me to be honest. I've no problem with BCFC.

dufski13
18-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I had no problem with Bristol City, but the clear lack of class with which they have carried themselves, both as a club, & the supporters, in the last couple of seasons means that, in a league where we no longer have a proper derby, I look forward to the fixtures against them with anticipation. I am also quite secure in the knowledge that their run of tremendous luck against us can't continue for ever. After all they won't always get a ref who dissallows perfectly good goals, or allows them to play until they score.

Selhurst Celtic
18-11-2009, 12:14 PM
the extra minute and half was added fairly (for timewasting mostly)....I timed it.

You timed it? You sound like a right laugh. :clown:

Garlicbread
18-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I love the fact that you refuse to accept you were outplayed in most games...that helps a lot. It clearly frustrates you and only serves to give us the edge in games. Hopefully you will continue to underestimate us as a team, and as usual, fail to recognise your own failings. I've seen most games - and apart from one 20 minute spell at your place last year, Palace were rubbish, which has seemed to be the opinion of your fans also.

I concede the phantom goal was an injustice, but apart from that, the reffing has been consistently bad for both teams.

The feeling of dislike is mutual....Colin's 'world is against us' spin, the arrogance of your fans (probably 2nd only to QPR) and the the fact that you, like Colin, refuse to accept that you were outplayed for most games, only adds to our motivation and of course, the rivalry.

In terms of lack of class, the feeling is reciprocal...it's a wind up mentalility...we dont behave like this towards every club and not many clubs feel the way that yours does....(maybe forest and cardiff)....but becuase of the lack of respect consistently shown by your fan's/manager's/Chairman's behavior, it means you get it with both barrels whenever we get the chance.

Because of the recent histrionics, beating your lot comes second only to playing cardiff....I wish we could play you every week!

18-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I have to say the only person who seems frustrated here is you. I couldn't care less if you say you outplayed us in all but 20 minutes. I don't really remember the games in that detail, and really don't care to contradict you.

I just know I'm not going to matches timing things on my watch and then registering on rival team websites to rant about it, all the while desperately trying to claim it is other people who are frustrated :)

Good luck for the rest of the season

Celestial Empire
18-11-2009, 12:44 PM
So, it's Bristol City at home, in the youth cup then.:rolleyes:

dufski13
18-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I love the fact that you refuse to accept you were outplayed in most games...that helps a lot. It clearly frustrates you and only serves to give us the edge in games. Hopefully you will continue to underestimate us as a team, and as usual, fail to recognise your own failings. I've seen most games - and apart from one 20 minute spell at your place last year, Palace were rubbish, which has seemed to be the opinion of your fans also.

I concede the phantom goal was an injustice, but apart from that, the reffing has been consistently bad for both teams.

The feeling of dislike is mutual....Colin's 'world is against us' spin, the arrogance of your fans (probably 2nd only to QPR) and the the fact that you, like Colin, refuse to accept that you were outplayed for most games, only adds to our motivation and of course, the rivalry.

In terms of lack of class, the feeling is reciprocal...it's a wind up mentalility...we dont behave like this towards every club and not many clubs feel the way that yours does....(maybe forest and cardiff)....but becuase of the lack of respect consistently shown by your fan's/manager's/Chairman's behavior, it means you get it with both barrels whenever we get the chance.

Because of the recent histrionics, beating your lot comes second only to playing cardiff....I wish we could play you every week!

But the truth is that we weren't outplayed in most of the recent games between us. Infact probably the only game where you outplayed us was the first leg of the play offs a couple of seasons ago. We completely outplayed you in the return leg, & you were very lucky to get through.But for a poor Watson penalty you would have deservedly gone out. Since then you certainly haven't out played us, but have garnered the benefit of some fortuitous decisons by the ref.

Hard to take I know bearing in mind you are the west country Real Madrid & we are the modern day incarnation of Wimbledon. Mind you I don't believe everything I read, nor the claptrap sprouted by the odious Johnson.

dufski13
18-11-2009, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Heb 7:4
I just know I'm not going to matches timing things on my watch [/QUOTE]

I don't believe for one second our west country friend does /did that either.

Garlicbread
18-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I have to say the only person who seems frustrated here is you. I couldn't care less if you say you outplayed us in all but 20 minutes. I don't really remember the games in that detail, and really don't care to contradict you.

I just know I'm not going to matches timing things on my watch and then registering on rival team websites to rant about it, all the while desperately trying to claim it is other people who are frustrated :)

Good luck for the rest of the season

I'm not sure how you think I am being frustrated by making the points in the way I do...I just speak as I find - but I'm more intersted in the banter and the debate than enforcing my opinion or getting wound up.

In answer to you questioning my using this forum I do for few reasons, those being...

1) I lived in the area for years, have mates who support palace, and I have have often been to games as a neutral.
2) There are some good folk on here who like a banter and dont take things too seriously...perhaps unlike my own 'official' forum
3) Most importantly, to set the record straight about misconceptions about my club.

PS, I wasnt really timing games, I was being euphamistic...but refs don't add extra time on when they shouldnt...that is a myth

Interesting....we dont seem to moan about decisions like you lot, wonder why?

Garlicbread
18-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I just know I'm not going to matches timing things on my watch :)

So how can you say the ref (who uses a trusty stopwatch) adds too much time on when you dont even time it yourself??

Selhurst Celtic
18-11-2009, 02:19 PM
PS, I wasnt really timing games, I was being euphamistic

Can I hear the furious sound of someone backpedaling?

'Fess up geek boy, you spend the match staring at your Casio.

http://www.findwatches.co.uk/images/casio-casual-digital-watch-i_z_F-91W-1XY.jpg

18-11-2009, 02:34 PM
So how can you say the ref (who uses a trusty stopwatch) adds too much time on when you dont even time it yourself??
Christ, you're outraged that I don't time things! Must be de rigeur for BCFC fans or something.

That settles it. You clearly are better placed to talk about the matches, having timed and remembered every minute. I never even get to the ground till 5 minutes after kick off as I always think there's time for one more.

Still, on the plus side at least I'm not a saddo who sits staring at his watch :) But then you may turn out to be the next John Motson, and who will be laughing then eh?

Actually it will still be me won't it?

Garlicbread
18-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Christ, you're outraged that I don't time things! Must be de rigeur for BCFC fans or something.

That settles it. You clearly are better placed to talk about the matches, having timed and remembered every minute. I never even get to the ground till 5 minutes after kick off as I always think there's time for one more.

Still, on the plus side at least I'm not a saddo who sits staring at his watch :) But then you may turn out to be the next John Motson, and who will be laughing then eh?

Actually it will still be me won't it?

Eh? Outraged? What is it with these over use of adjectives...'outraged'? 'Desperately'?

Merely saying that the moderates amongst us dont believe the ref adds on time for the sake of it....he has an electronic stopwatch.

And before you do....we played at preston on the first day of the season. They scored a penalty to equalise in the 95th minute....we were all dissapointed and wondering where the 5 mins came from, but accepted it....even the 'odious' Johnson....were not bleating on about it to presont fans on our forum, 4 months after the event

Vince Hilaire's Afro
18-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I think the fact that Garlicbread can't believe that we have the audacity to refuse to accept being outplayed by his team says more about him than it does about us.

Sir, please be so kind as to remove the stopwatch from your arse in between games because it is clearly affecting your judgement.

18-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Eh? Outraged? What is it with these over use of adjectives...'outraged'? 'Desperately'?

Merely saying that the moderates amongst us dont believe the ref adds on time for the sake of it....he has an electronic stopwatch.

And before you do....we played at preston on the first day of the season. They scored a penalty to equalise in the 95th minute....we were all dissapointed and wondering where the 5 mins came from, but accepted it....even the 'odious' Johnson....were not bleating on about it to presont fans on our forum, 4 months after the event
I have no idea no idea what you're on about, talking about refs and you assiduously recording the time on your watch. I just like going to the football. Part of that is of course that sometimes refs make mistakes, and indeed even miss goals. And of course part of that is fans of other clubs with inferiority complexes will sometimes pop up and proclaim from the rafters how good they are, much to everyone's amusement.

So you carry on.

Do you keep a little log book to record the time then, or are one of these techy wizards with a spreadsheet?

pauldrulez
18-11-2009, 04:07 PM
....see you in Hellhurst!
Look, if you want to go for a rival fans name of our ground.

It's Shithurst ok.

NZsparky
18-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Has the geezer with bad breath ****ed off back to wales yet because he is just, very boring now.
Whats the point in going onto some other teams website and going on and on and on and on and on.
Get yourself a leek you taffy git and go pleasure yourself.

Garlicbread
18-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Has the geezer with bad breath ****ed off back to wales yet because he is just, very boring now.
Whats the point in going onto some other teams website and going on and on and on and on and on.
Get yourself a leek you taffy git and go pleasure yourself.

......and breathe....

Perhaps you should avoid all threads on the palace (public) forum that discuss BCFC....I have a feeling you will benefit if you do.

eagle101
18-11-2009, 11:43 PM

Congratulations, I really wish we could have a club as wonderful as yours :rolleyes:

I remember having a browse on a Preston forum when we played them earlier this season, and saw this: http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45030

Classy.

Biggineagle
19-11-2009, 11:21 AM
"We do not need some Wurzle Gummidge bumming chuffer to dictate our opinion of him thanks."

Well done Preston

Vince Hilaire's Afro
19-11-2009, 12:31 PM
......and breathe....

Perhaps you should avoid all threads on the palace (public) forum that discuss BCFC....I have a feeling you will benefit if you do.

Perhaps you should avoid posting on a Palace website if you're not expecting criticism for your smug condescending comments. Yes, it's a public forum for anyone to post in, but obviously it's going to be read by Palace fans.

If you merely want to bitch about Palace without fear of reproach, and time yourself on your stopwatch whisking up garlic mayonnaise from your garlic balls whilst fantasizing over your team's unique brand of total football, then might I suggest YOU keep clear of Palace sites. There's plenty of other places you can continue your BC wankfest una'bated', if that's your goal.

19-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Congratulations, I really wish we could have a club as wonderful as yours :rolleyes:

I remember having a browse on a Preston forum when we played them earlier this season, and saw this: http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45030

Classy.
******* hell that is priceless! I had no idea BCFC were this obsessed with us :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
19-11-2009, 05:19 PM
******* hell that is priceless! I had no idea BCFC were this obsessed with us :)

The bemusement from the Preston fans, followed by complete indifference is classic:

cpfc4evandeva
19-11-2009, 06:53 PM
From the PNE site...

'Did he **** your wife?

That's it isn't it.'

I honestly haven't laughed so much in ages :D

cpfc4evandeva
19-11-2009, 06:54 PM
They really are a sad bunch of nobs. Don't worry though taffs, you'll be back in League 1 soon enough and you can have a real rivalry with the gasheads again.

ANDYEAGLE
28-11-2009, 08:56 PM

But now it is different.....in the last 3 years, we have gone from perennial league one no hopers to a genuine CCC force.

I only care about here and now...we now have a large and talented ccc squad that will give it another good go for another year, real chance of promotion, great gaffer and chairman, nice new ground (with freehold) on the way.

So forgive me if I dont care like you do for the historical comparisons between the two clubs...and as you clearly don't like us, I can see how it rankles you all.

Who said that? A force eh:D

dufski13
28-11-2009, 11:54 PM
anyway are brizzle & their total football taking the waste of space they mugged us of with back or not ?