PDA

View Full Version : Warnock not giving up on adding more fire power

ZOHAR
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
NEIL Warnock is still hopeful he may be able to add a striker to his squad despite the Eagles chairman Simon Jordan insisting there will be no more players coming in.
Last week we exclusively revealed on our website - thisiscroydontoday.co.uk - that the Football League transfer embargo which had blocked Palace from bringing in fresh blood had been lifted.
However, Jordan said that in the current financial climate no new players would be joining the Eagles either on loan or on a permanent basis in January.
But, despite his chairman's hard-line stance, Warnock is hopeful he can persuade Jordan to dip into his pocket one more time as long as he can balance the books by off-loading one or two fringe players.
"I don't think it's 100 per cent that no one will be coming in during the transfer window," said Warnock.
"I'm still looking around for another striker. If I get a few of the fringe players out on loan then I think I can talk Simon into it.
"It's pretty clear that we could do with someone who can find the net on a regular basis."
The manager began the process earlier this week with reserve team goal keeper Daryl Flahavan and teenage full-back Lee Hills joining League One Oldham on a one-month deal.

CPFC_DAVE77
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Nathan Delfouneso please :)

Voldo
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Drogba please

Beanie
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Nathan Delfouneso please :)
We've got a "prospect" on loan in Sears, not to mention having Moses and Scannell. If we have to go out for another loan we need somebody who has "been there and done it" not somebody who we hope might do it if we're lucky. We're looking at a few months, not a long term signing.

EagleSE24
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Simeon Jackson please. Not sure how we'll fund it though. Maybe Carle could sell Christmas trees in the car park.

stinky
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
I think Stern will come good and chip in. He's got the experience and knowledge to cut it at this level. Hopefully Sears will start to put a couple away too. I think they've got the making of a good pairing. As well as Lee played on Saturday, I see John being a far more effective option.
I'd then like to see what Calvin Andrew can do with a few appearances from the subs bench, and try and give Pinney and/or Cadogan a chance to impress. After all, we gave Clinton his chance in that last game of the season, he scored and went on from there. Maybe one of the youngsters will do that too

Celestial Empire
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I think Stern will come good and chip in. He's got the experience and knowledge to cut it at this level. Hopefully Sears will start to put a couple away too. I think they've got the making of a good pairing. As well as Lee played on Saturday, I see John being a far more effective option.
I'd then like to see what Calvin Andrew can do with a few appearances from the subs bench, and try and give Pinney and/or Cadogan a chance to impress. After all, we gave Clinton his chance in that last game of the season, he scored and went on from there. Maybe one of the youngsters will do that too

Agree, but NW has put down a marker for SJ and also given a bit more incentive for our strikers to get their acts together - all good.

gold76
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
someone like Kevin Phillips, not a regular starter for Brum, a crafty veteran who could bag us a couple of goals

stinky
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
someone like Kevin Phillips, not a regular starter for Brum, a crafty veteran who could bag us a couple of goals

great shout. Great great shout

Dingle
09-11-2009, 04:31 PM
If we got Kevin Phillips, I would literally ejeculate with excitement!

Shipsisourking
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM

:eek:

jobiinthelastmi
09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I expect Carle has to leave before we can sign anyone on loan

dufski13
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I expect Carle has to leave before we can sign anyone on loan

Lets hope so, he is a waste of space, & wages as far as I'm concerned.

thereichstuff
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
someone like Kevin Phillips, not a regular starter for Brum, a crafty veteran who could bag us a couple of goals:p

nicknackpalace
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
kevin philips would never happen

dufski13
09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Sadly I think Kevin Philips would want a fair bit more than we can afford in wages.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Literally?

Barbara4003
09-11-2009, 05:47 PM
If Flahavan has gone out on loan, who is our back-up goalie?

jams1234
09-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Clint Hill.

George Tasker
09-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Haha

:lux:

sheepy
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Think we're best off saving our money tbh. Unless we can make a long term signing, bringing in a loan will only hinder the progress of one of the youngsters already at the club (Moses, Scanell, Sears etc).

We're getting results and although not setting the scoring charts alight, we are still scoring fairly regularly (well Ambrose is but its a team effort to get him into those positions).

Save our money now until an injury means we have to bring in cover.

Shipsisourking
09-11-2009, 07:11 PM
if only simon had brought that euro-millions ticket last week :)

pedro
09-11-2009, 08:41 PM
NW should send Scannell and Djajlili out on loan as well as they are no good to us at present and would both benefit from regular lower league football. If he can unload Lawrence and Carle in the january window then this may be enough for SJ to allow a loan signing to come in.

Stavros 69
09-11-2009, 09:13 PM
NW should send Scannell and Djajlili out on loan as well as they are no good to us at present and would both benefit from regular lower league football. If he can unload Lawrence and Carle in the january window then this may be enough for SJ to allow a loan signing to come in.
I would like to see scanner go out on loan.

Stellavista
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Simeon Jackson please. Not sure how we'll fund it though. Maybe Carle could sell Christmas trees in the car park.

Alternatively, maybe the Xmas trees can sell Carle in the car park...

Malakite
10-11-2009, 07:48 AM

Agree with Scannel, Lawrence and Djajili but not Carle...

pedro
10-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Agree with Scannel, Lawrence and Djajili but not Carle...
I agree I think Carle deserves more of a chance (as well as Ryan Smith) but he is obviously not fancied by NW so we might as well get some money for him (hopefully) and free up his salary if that is going to allow us to bring in another striker that will get some game time.

Biggineagle
10-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I would like to see scanner go out on loan.

He will be going out on loan, according to someone reasonably close to him I was speaking too.

SpikeyMatt
10-11-2009, 09:53 AM
He will be going out on loan, according to someone reasonably close to him I was speaking too.

Good move by Warnock, if true and we get another striker in of course.

Sean needs game time, and a goal or two.

montstar
10-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Hull have an abundance of strikers and have to clear their wage bill, I expect they wont sell all of them so they may be worth a try - there was abig rumour we were going to get Cousin before and hasnt he fallen out with Brown now? Or if they do get a new manager he will surely make quite a few changes...

gold76
10-11-2009, 11:01 AM
it was in the paper the other day that Cousin maybe going back to France..

Scannell would do well to go somewhere like Brentford or Orient, game time, confidence & hopefully a couple of goals

Clapham Grand
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
agree

Celestial Empire
10-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Scannell would do well to go somewhere like Brentford or Orient, game time, confidence & hopefully a couple of goals

Just as long as he doesn't do a "Calvin" and get a bad injury.:(

JohnInTheUSA
10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
If Hull are dumping players, let's get Altidore. Completely unlikely, I know, but...

danpalacefan5
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
If Hull are dumping players, let's get Altidore. Completely unlikely, I know, but...

he's on loan at hull

Aaroncpfc
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm against sending Scannell out on loan. The introduction of his pace as well as the strength of Clint Hill and Sean Derry did start that magnificent run we went on this time two years ago. I think he'd prove his worth to us if he got a decent run in the first side. However it seems to hard to play him in the same side as Moses as it would make us to lightweight in important areas. Maybe if Victor does go in the transfer window we will see the best Sean Scannell has to offer.

I really want Nick Carle to do well for us. He's shown glimpes of a very decent footballer but he really needed to step up to the plate last season when Ben Watson was sold and he didn't do enough. Neil Danns on the other hand was probably the best thing to come out of last season and has not only removed the injury tag that haunted him in 2008 and the 'next Paul Ifill' reputation but has also given Nick Carle a mammoth of a task to even start a game. Let alone get an established run to prove his worth in the first team.

I'd sell Carle for that reason if it meant bringing in another Striker. I can't think of anybody though. Coventry might be getting a new manager and we know what that striker they have is like they have up front when he clashes with new managers. I think his names Clinton, no wait, it's Leon Best.

cockles
11-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Since NW now has Alan Lee and Stern John as options for one attacking role, I could see him going after Danny Webber for the other role in a 442.

In the summer he did say he wanted a different type to Webber, (before John signed). He may think otherwise now. I could see Portsmouth letting him out on loan.

Mickey Gilley
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Did anyone else see Darius Vassell on SSN wandering around a hotel foyer with a guitar in one hand and a oil painting in the other?!

He'd been thrown out of his room due to unpaid fees which he thought his new club were paying. The bloke looked totally confused and was talking about coming back to England.

If someone had put a Palace contract in front of him last night he would have signed it, although I think his priority was to figure out where he was going to sleep. I felt genuinely sorry for him, but it was quite funny...

Stavros 69
12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
No thanks

Kirby
12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Did anyone else see Darius Vassell on SSN wandering around a hotel foyer with a guitar in one hand and a oil painting in the other?!

He'd been thrown out of his room due to unpaid fees which he thought his new club were paying. The bloke looked totally confused and was talking about coming back to England.

If someone had put a Palace contract in front of him last night he would have signed it, although I think his priority was to figure out where he was going to sleep. I felt genuinely sorry for him, but it was quite funny...

Haha. I need to see that :D

Vassell - what were you thinking?!

gold76
12-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol wasn't he proclaimed as the new messiah a couple of months back?