PDA

View Full Version : Moses is Lined up to Land at Spurs

Pages : [1] 2

dmf73
11-11-2009, 05:42 AM
In todays Mirror..

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is set to run the rule over Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses in a behind closed doors friendlythis week. Cash-strapped Championship Palace are desperate to sell striker Moses, 18, in January to raise funds. After failing to offload the ex-trainee in August, Palace chairman Simon Jordan has dropped his £3million asking price.
And Palace are now willing to accept a £1m down payment with various add-ons. Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who likes to buy British youngsters, is keen on a deal. And a practice match between Tottenham and Palace has been penciled in for this week at Spurs’ training ground.

biggus mickus
11-11-2009, 05:58 AM
I thought Arry had to sell, before buying anymore players?

thefox
11-11-2009, 06:21 AM
AATOTT

palacemaniac
11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
1 million :sob:

LeeH
11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Sounds like his own youngsters fired enough goals past us during the match!

BaldEagle96
11-11-2009, 01:08 PM
AATOTT

In fairness though this is the only one (so far) in the transfer forum which must be the right place for it.

Sluggo
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
1 million :sob:

Is that equivilent to 2 bags of crisps? :eek: :(

Stavros 69
11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
**** OFF SPUDZ !!!

Shoreditch CPFC
11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
This is probably linked to the story I posted a couple of weeks ago where the club wasn't named. I heard the offer was £2.2m and SJ wanted to take it and Warnock didn't.

Aaroncpfc
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Wow. I remember about four or five years we were getting very wet over two young prospects called Victor Moses and John Bostock. They were going to make us millions, take us back to The Premiership, show how impressive our academy was and go on to do our country proud. Now (if this is true) we've lost them for a potential £1.7m.

It would be a dark day for Crystal Palace Football Club if this rumour does go ahead.

Brixton_Palace
11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll never forgive Jordan for this if he lets him go. Never.

palacemaniac
11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I'll never forgive Jordan for this if he lets him go. Never.

Not Jordan's fault, blame the stay away fans :)

TheCharmer
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Or warnock for never playing him and when he does out of position !

jobiinthelastmi
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Preparing for life without him after January?

Ralph
11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
This is probably linked to the story I posted a couple of weeks ago where the club wasn't named. I heard the offer was £2.2m and SJ wanted to take it and Warnock didn't.

...and sadly I doubted you and you neg repped me. Sorry. Unless of course I'm right :p

CPFC87
11-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Sell for that price.

richdeniro
12-11-2009, 12:45 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/834/spurst.jpg

TheCharmer
12-11-2009, 12:53 AM

or for not having faith in flair players.......

dmf73
12-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Apparently Arsenal are now interested in him at a million....

Looks like it would be difficult to resist an offer.

andy m
12-11-2009, 08:56 AM
It WOULD be a bit sad if this happens, but hardly the end of the world. Recent events have shown us that we're capable of getting results without him, and he's so inconsistent, and so disappointingly injury prone (whether you blame the management for bringing him back too early at times or not), that I can't help thinking we might be better off without this spectre of an awesome young talent who's going to fire us back into the big time constantly hanging over us. It might take the pressure off of him a little bit as well - you never know. Either way, I know I'll be a lot less disappointed to lose him now than I would have been a couple of years ago when I was much more excited about this "prospect".

Basically its a million quid for little impact on the first team. Don't anybody dare have a go at Jordan for accepting that - it'd be one of the most sound business decisions he's ever made!

stinky
12-11-2009, 09:03 AM
The Gunners meanwhile look set to revive their interest in Crystal Palace forward Victor Moses after the Championship club dropped their asking price to £5m.
Full story: Daily Star

bgh2172
12-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Sounds like his own youngsters fired enough goals past us during the match!

Yep and can we have Obika on loan along with all the add ons.

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Or because of his dodgy playing record?

m_reid
12-11-2009, 09:18 AM
The Gunners meanwhile look set to revive their interest in Crystal Palace forward Victor Moses after the Championship club dropped their asking price to £5m.

Dropped the asking price to £5m, so where has £1m come from

eagle101
12-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I really can't believe we'd drop our asking price to £1m from £5m within 4 months? £3m would be reasonable IMO, £1m is robbery.

Stavros 69
12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
I think £5m would be a fair deal with a 50% sell on clause.

red dragon
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
ARSENAL will revive their interest in whizzkid Victor Moses after cash-strapped Crystal Palace slashed their £5m asking price.

Arsene Wenger has tracked the Eagles forward, 19, for two years and came close to snaring him in August 2008.

But the Gunners baulked at the south Londoners’ £5m asking price and were only prepared to fork out £1m plus add-ons for a player they saw as unproven.

However, Wenger has kept a close eye on Moses’ progress at Selhurst Park and will make a renewed attempt to lure him across London in January.

Eagles chairman Simon Jordan is so desperate to boost the club’s ailing coffers that he has lowered Moses asking price by a whopping £4m.

Palace have been hit with two transfer embargoes and failed to fulfil their financial obligations to players twice this season, fuelling fears they are on the brink of administration.

Moses’ new £1m asking price could rise to £3m through various add-ons. Palace’s new price tag will spark a transfer frenzy for Moses in the January window.

Everton came close to sealing a deal for Moses on the final day of the last transfer window, while Wigan and Spurs have both held initial talks.

James
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Dropped the asking price to £5m, so where has £1m come from
It's not £5 million - it's a million.

See the full story HERE. (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/107987/Wenger-can-have-Moses-for-a-Mill-/)

Eagles chairman Simon Jordan is so desperate to boost the club’s ailing coffers that he has lowered Moses asking price by a whopping £4m.

Palace have been hit with two transfer embargoes and failed to fulfil their financial obligations to players twice this season, fuelling fears they are on the brink of administration.

Big Blue Eagle
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Did Everton come close to getting Moses? That was never mentioned anywhere.

Stavros 69
12-11-2009, 09:49 AM
If he goes for £1m i'm going to cancel my season ticket.

917L
12-11-2009, 09:52 AM
So according to that we've dropped the asking price by 4m (not that I believe there ever was an 'asking price', 3 clubs held talks about him and Everton nearly signed him

Didnt NW say we'd had ne enquiries at all for any of our youngsters?

Sound like total bollocks to me

milky87
12-11-2009, 10:06 AM
If he goes for £1m i'm going to cancel my season ticket.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We have sold better players than Moses in the past and we will sell better players than Moses in the future.

If you only come to support 1 player maybe we are better off without you

milky87
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
or for not having faith in flair players.......

Or maybe the "flair players" not quite cutting it yet

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM

so much so that Premier League clubs want him.

£1m would be an absolute joke.

cpfcfan1
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Is the correct answer

milky87
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM

If they wanted him they would have signed him.

I agree £1m would be a joke but for a player who is not proven at Premiership level (and also at Championship level) that is probably the best we can hope for.

If it is £1m I am sure the deal will be worth alot more if he forfills his potential

The Gerry Queen
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Sounds like the Arsenal interest is based on a reduced fee from £5m including add ons to £3m including add ons and not a drop from £5m to £1m.
It will only be a sound business decision by Simon Jordan in that it will reduce the pressure on the club and keep the danger of administration at bay for a while. Because he choses to run the Club ib the way that he does, sole control, he is responsible for the situation and should be able to take critisism on the chin as well as be recognised as the person who saved the club in 2000. Whichever way you look at it Moses going represents the sale of a very exciting prospect, abeit unproven, for well below his potential value just to keep the club solvent. Sound business or desperate measures to stay in business ? I will accept it to keep the club we love alive but I'm counting down the days when we can have a whole better ownership set up with new people at the helm.

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
If nothing else, this is the most desperate sign for needing a new owner yet.

I may have to join Richard, James and SW16girl.

May

just may

917L
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM

There is absolutey no evidence that any Premier league (or any other league) club 'wants him'

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
There is absolutey no evidence that any Premier league (or any other league) club 'wants him'

An agent representing a Premier League asked Palace about him last week. So there is evidence.

cockles
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM

Yes, plus this £1M "asking price" figure being thrown is just as meaningless.

For now, I'd rather go on SJ getting top market value for AJ, and credit him with having some idea of how to sell an asset.

Assuming he is sold, everything is hearsay until the 2009/2010 accounts are viewable.

Walrus
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
There's not a lot of hard evidence that he's worth a shedload more than a £1 million plus good add-ons deal either.

We can't afford to wait for him to "fulfill his potential" - it's as simple as that. These days, any league club that isn't bankrolled by a real sugar daddy (and SJ at his richest wasn't in that bracket) or hasn't had a Sky cash injection over recent seasons simply can't afford to hold onto young prospects unless they start delivering week-in, week-out.

Thank him for signing his Palace contract, sell him and wish him the very best for his future career. Our future income could depend on him succeeding somewhere else.

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
What's that old saying about: "beggars can't be choosers"?

Maidstoned Eagle
12-11-2009, 11:00 AM
What's that old saying about: "beggars can't be choosers"?

I think it's "Beggars can't be choosers"

Gooders
12-11-2009, 11:01 AM
There's not a lot of hard evidence that he's worth a shedload more than a £1 million plus good add-ons deal either.

Is the correct answer.

Ashleyno1son
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM

BenCouchman
12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
If we sell for £1m it is an absolute joke.

He may not perform to his best every game, but then tell me a player in our squad who does. When he gets it right Victor causes teams no end of trouble. His technique is better than anyone else in our squad by a long way.

If he could play like he did against West Brom more regularly how much would he be worth? With time his performances will reach a more even level.

Some of the replies in this thread amaze me, we should be doing everything to hold onto Moses, Clyne, Scannell, etc.

Would mean Bostock and Moses leaving us for less than £2m combined :veryangry

limited_edition
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
If the Arse really want him, then consider that Theo played less games for the Saints in the CCC when they paid all that dosh for him. As did Ramsey for Cardiff.

Adlerhorst
12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
If the Arse really want him, then consider that Theo played less games for the Saints in the CCC when they paid all that dosh for him. As did Ramsey for Cardiff.This is true. But Theo did more in the games he played, and Ramsey was purchased at a much younger age.

It sounds nuts but Moses's appearances for Palace have probably at best had a netral impact on his valuation.

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
This is true. But Theo did more in the games he played, and Ramsey was purchased at a much younger age.

Think theo scored more goals in half a season (playing some of it wide) than victor has in 2 years

The Ramsery transfer irks with me because that went through a few weeks before a tribunal decided a market rate for Bostock was £700k.

Adlerhorst
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Think theo scored more goals in half a season (playing some of it wide) than victor has in 2 years

The Ramsery transfer irks with me because that went through a few weeks before a tribunal decided a market rate for Bostock was £700k.I thought it was established that the £700k was a falsehood and the upfront amount was more than that.

OscillateWildly
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM

They only want him at £1m.

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought it was established that the £700k was a falsehood and the upfront amount was more than that.

Sorry, yeah £1.25m.

Still about a quarter of the Ramsey fee (though, hasnt that been reduced as Arsenal paid a greater proportion early?)

Adlerhorst
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
No idea. Ramsey is going to be a truly excellent player though. Getting game time as well.

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 12:41 PM
No idea. Ramsey is going to be a truly excellent player though. Getting game time as well.

Yup, another reason the Spurs decision was so bad by team Bostock. If they wanted to screw Palace, they should have done it with Arsenal when they had the chance.

Adlerhorst
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Yup, another reason the Spurs decision was so bad by team Bostock. If they wanted to screw Palace, they should have done it with Arsenal when they had the chance.Indeed. Arse also don't like going to tribnunal - Walcott didn't have one at Soton IIRC. They still paid lots.

Beanie
12-11-2009, 12:47 PM
If he could play like he did against West Brom more regularly how much would he be worth? With time his performances will reach a more even level.
True - but if he doesn't raise his game to that sort of level much more often his value will start to fall, if it hasn't already. You are right - at his age we can't expect consistency, but we should be seeing the "peaks" more often. At the moment any club looking at Moses will see a player capable of the occasional great performance amid a whole lot of average. Nobody will pay much upfront for that, £1m with decent add-ons is about what his performances are worth. We have to be honest and ask how long we can wait for him to come good, his reputation as a rising star is not getting any better. At the moment we have the worst of both worlds - a usually average player and no money.

kolinkins
12-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Indeed. Arse also don't like going to tribnunal - Walcott didn't have one at Soton IIRC. They still paid lots.

Walcott signed a contract though.

Bostock et al were tapped up for 2 years and then went to bloody Spurs

Adlerhorst
12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Walcott signed a contract though.

Bostock et al were tapped up for 2 years and then went to bloody SpursI don't think he did - that is what I meant before. He signed a contract on the day he joined Arsenal.

Edit - my mistake, turns out he ahd a pre contract agreement at Soton.

BenCouchman
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
True - but if he doesn't raise his game to that sort of level much more often his value will start to fall, if it hasn't already. You are right - at his age we can't expect consistency, but we should be seeing the "peaks" more often. At the moment any club looking at Moses will see a player capable of the occasional great performance amid a whole lot of average. Nobody will pay much upfront for that, £1m with decent add-ons is about what his performances are worth. We have to be honest and ask how long we can wait for him to come good, his reputation as a rising star is not getting any better. At the moment we have the worst of both worlds - a usually average player and no money.

How many 18 year olds play nearly week in week out for other teams? if they do then i would guess that they aren't consistently great either. He is way ahead of most players of his age as they are still playing youth and reserve team football.

CPFC_R_GREAT
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM

We can't afford to wait for him to "fulfill his potential" - it's as simple as that. These days, any league club that isn't bankrolled by a real sugar daddy (and SJ at his richest wasn't in that bracket) or hasn't had a Sky cash injection over recent seasons simply can't afford to hold onto young prospects unless they start delivering week-in, week-out.

Thank him for signing his Palace contract, sell him and wish him the very best for his future career. Our future income could depend on him succeeding somewhere else.

Then why are Premiership clubs (supposedly) trying to buy him? Why would they waste their time on a player who's only worth £1m...they know, as we do that he has great potential, however they can afford for him to realise this is his own time...(in the reserves) whereas we could do with it now!

Don't sell!

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I think it's "Beggars can't be choosers"

er apart from your replacing a lower-case b by an Upper case B, isn't that
precisely what I've written?

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Then why are Premiership clubs (supposedly) trying to buy him? Why would they waste their time on a player who's only worth £1m...they know, as we do that he has great potential, however they can afford for him to realise this is his own time...(in the reserves) whereas we could do with it now!

Don't sell!

But as both Jordan and Warnock are repeatedly at pains to point out Palace
are strapped for cash as Premier League managers are well aware.

Time is NOT on Palace's side. They simply cannot afford to give Moses the
time for further development because they need urgent cash to pay creditors
and to bring in a PROVEN goal-scoring striker who MIGHT just get them into
play-off places. In other words its a calculated gamble.....

Interested Premier League clubs CAN afford to sign Moses and give him time
to fulfil his potential with them, Palace can't. Any add-ons will certainly
be based upon first-team games played, goals scored and representative
honours obtained so it's likely to be a win-win situation for a big club.

BB Bob
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
If you think we will be bringing in a proven goalscorer, you may be in for a disppointing January.....

hilairehair
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I've heard it may be £1 million plus a player. I don't know who though.

Gooders
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Bostock.

ZOHAR
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
FULHAM are the latest club to enter the race for Crystal Palace attacker Victor Moses. The Premier League outfit expressed an interest in the out-of-favour forward this week, and could look to add the 18-year-old to their squad in the January transfer window. Middlesbrough and Wigan were both keen on signing the Palace academy graduate in the summer, but neither club could agree a fee with the Eagles. The difficult financial situation at Selhurst Park means the South Londoners could be forced to cash in on one of their prized assets, but Moses?s representative, Tony Finnigan, has warned SE25 chiefs not to price the England U19 international out of the market. "There will be no shortage of takers for Victor if Palace set a reasonable asking price," said Finnigan. For the full story and all the latest Palace news, see Friday's South London Press.

dannyboy1807
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Moses for AJ ;)

AJ
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised at this. Palace are in a financial pickle and as no one was sold for a decent sum in the summer, then it was certainly going to be sooner than later that one of the promising youngsters was going to the chopping block.
There is certainly a difference in selling to Arsenal, than the Spuds, Fulham or any other non-big4 team. With Arsenal, the only deal that would benefit Palace over the years is a pay per performance. With the others, a big sell on fee should be inserted as if VM fullfills his potential he will leave the Spuds and Fulhams of this world. Arsenal would be unlikely to sell him to a club on par of bigger than themselves(unless it was for really stupid money).

chatham_eagle
12-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Someone on Hol said that we'd get Obika on loan for remainder of the season, the Tottingham chap on loan at Yeovil and scored 4 games against us in that friendly.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
But as both Jordan and Warnock are repeatedly at pains to point out Palace
are strapped for cash as Premier League managers are well aware.

Time is NOT on Palace's side. They simply cannot afford to give Moses the
time for further development because they need urgent cash to pay creditors
and to bring in a PROVEN goal-scoring striker who MIGHT just get them into
play-off places. In other words its a calculated gamble.....

Interested Premier League clubs CAN afford to sign Moses and give him time
to fulfil his potential with them, Palace can't. Any add-ons will certainly
be based upon first-team games played, goals scored and representative
honours obtained so it's likely to be a win-win situation for a big club.

I don't think people would mind too much if the money went towards strengthening the team, but the likelihood is, Jordan will be looking to recoup his 'bailout' money as he sees it.

Kirby
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I love watching Victor play and desperately want him to be a success for us, but fact is, he'll play a blinder, or two at a push, then go down injured and be out for weeks. This cycle has so far continued throughout his career. When he plays well it's brilliant to watch, but there's no evidence he's ever going to be capable of having a sustained run in the side without picking up yet another injury.

On this basis, if we lost him for £1m, or £1m + Obika (for instance), I really don't think it would be terrible business for us. We'd be gaining a substantial amount of money, aswell as a highly rated player with less injury problems.

Don't get me wrong it would be a shame, but really not as bad as some people make out.

limited_edition
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
How many 18 year olds play nearly week in week out for other teams? if they do then i would guess that they aren't consistently great either. He is way ahead of most players of his age as they are still playing youth and reserve team football.Apart from perhaps say Cesc and Rooney, I can't remember many 18 year olds playing regularly for their club. Although, it'd be insane to compare Victor to those two world class players.

If the likes of Wenger is interested in Victor, it shows he's a quality player. End of.

If only we hadn't pissed away a mill on Carle we might not be so skint as to even consider such a paltry fee for Victor. :veryangry

jeffers1960
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM

John Obika would be a good opion ...scored 4 against us the other night

917L
12-11-2009, 05:16 PM
An agent representing a Premier League asked Palace about him last week. So there is evidence.

Asked what about him?

He hasnt attracted a single serious bid from anyone

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
If you think we will be bringing in a proven goalscorer, you may be in for a disppointing January.....

Am merely passing on the strong hint given this week by Warnock.

Freddy Kurz
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think people would mind too much if the money went towards strengthening the team, but the likelihood is, Jordan will be looking to recoup his 'bailout' money as he sees it.

Warnock appears to think he can talk Jordan round according to a statement
he has made this week.

Velocity
12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Why is it that only The Mirror and The Star comment on Victor Moses all the time? **** off.

glaziers fan
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
We haven't developed Moses, and Clyne's hardly improving by being left in the stiffs either is he?

A total joke. We should be a lot higher in the table than we currently are.

jeffers1960
12-11-2009, 08:10 PM
We haven't developed Moses, and Clyne's hardly improving by being left in the stiffs either is he?

Watch them both play more leading up to january....money is needed....

Absolution
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM

A total joke. We should be a lot higher in the table than we currently are.You do talk some rubbish.

They are both still very young, and we are sitting in a decent position in the league.

Riccardo
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Moses for £3m, yes pls.

Crunchie
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Moses for £3m, yes pls.

I would rather SJ would reduce his asking price of CPFC to attract investors, rather than sell off our best assets to reduce his own personal debt, and line his own pockets

elgin eagle
12-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I would imagine Spurs would be the last club SJ would sell Moses to after the Bostock fiasco/rip off. However if he is as skint as the embargoes seem to suggest, perhaps he will have to. Hopefully enough clubs will want him so we can get a Delph/Walcott/Ramsay type of fee this time, given that he is well in contract. Surely anything less than £3M plus sell ons is a snip for these big clubs for a player of Victors undoubted talent.

This gulf in finances between the Premier League clubs and the rest is becoming hard to take. We are caught between a rock and a hard place, none more so than Jordan. It will be great if we can hold on to Vic until the summer. I really hope we grab a play off place this season and get up, even if it has become a closed shop division in the Premierarmchairleague. At least then he will sell for his true worth to one of these gloryhunter clubs. If we can't then try to just loan him for a fee to them so we don't lose the value.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
13-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Warnock appears to think he can talk Jordan round according to a statement
he has made this week.

True, but it's also been said that Jordan wants to sell Moses but Warnock doesn't. Practically every report cites 'cash strapped Palace' needing to sell Moses to balance the books, not rebuild the team.

That said, I think if Warnock were to get someone in, it would be through losing some players off the wage bill, with Carle being the most likely candidate along with some loans. A lot may rest on whether we are in contention come January.

milky87
13-11-2009, 08:53 AM

What a complete load of crap. You can not expect kids to play 90 minutes every week (sometimes twice a week). Look at Ferguson when he was bringing through Beckham and co.

Also sitting 5 points off the play offs having played the majority of the difficult away games

Beanie
13-11-2009, 11:09 AM
How many 18 year olds play nearly week in week out for other teams? if they do then i would guess that they aren't consistently great either. He is way ahead of most players of his age as they are still playing youth and reserve team football.
Yes I agree - but equally most 18 years olds if sold go for well less than £1m. I didn't say he needed to be consistently great - but if he is worth the sort of money some are suggesting he needs to be "great" more than once in the first third of a season. For the level of performance he is currently putting in, which is indeed above that of most 18 year old, a fee of £1-2m plus add ons is not bad (and equally well above "most 18 year olds"). In my view, if people see him as a £5m player his performance needs to be better, not all the time, but certainly a lot more of the time. Personally, I'd keep him and hope he develops, but if needs must and we have to sell it would be as the player he is, not the player he might be.

Beanie
13-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Why do you think Moses and Clyne aren't regular starters? It's because NW believes there are better players at the club (okay a matter of opinion, but he's the one who makes the decisions), therefore he would feel that to play Moses and Clyne the team would be weaker. How would that improve the league position?

jobiinthelastmi
13-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Why do you think Moses and Clyne aren't regular starters? It's because NW believes there are better players at the club (okay a matter of opinion, but he's the one who makes the decisions), therefore he would feel that to play Moses and Clyne the team would be weaker. How would that improve the league position?

To be fair the majority of the time Moses has been left out is because he is either injured or played two games in a week.

I believe Clyne has been left out to build from the back. NW would not say that Butterfield is a better player than Clyne, but he is/should be more solid. In this league if you build a decent defence the rest should follow. I expect Warnock to use Clyne a bit more as the season continues and hopefully we start scoring more goals.

gold76
13-11-2009, 11:31 AM
£1 million would be a major kick in the goolies though, even if we are cash strapped. I'd like to think, that if a few other clubs are interested, we could get at least double that.

I really can't see the appeal of Spurs though, Bostock rarely plays..

That said, Obika was on fire by all accounts the other day, if we could get him on loan till the end of the season, it may soften the blow a little.

AJ
13-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Why do you think Moses and Clyne aren't regular starters?

How about that NW doesn't want any bids for them? Maybe not Moses, but, I think Clyne is being "hidden" until February. Maybe:D

Celestial Empire
13-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes I agree - but equally most 18 years olds if sold go for well less than £1m. I didn't say he needed to be consistently great - but if he is worth the sort of money some are suggesting he needs to be "great" more than once in the first third of a season. For the level of performance he is currently putting in, which is indeed above that of most 18 year old, a fee of £1-2m plus add ons is not bad (and equally well above "most 18 year olds"). In my view, if people see him as a £5m player his performance needs to be better, not all the time, but certainly a lot more of the time. Personally, I'd keep him and hope he develops, but if needs must and we have to sell it would be as the player he is, not the player he might be.

That's pure nonsense Beanie. No Prem team would ever buy Vic "as the player he is now". They will only buy him for the player everyone expects him to become. Then it's a negotiation about how good he could become (the clubs will have different views), and how much of the potential "player rent" the buying club are prepared to pay to Palace, and how much Palace are prepared to accept.

glaziers fan
13-11-2009, 12:58 PM
What a complete load of crap. You can not expect kids to play 90 minutes every week (sometimes twice a week). Look at Ferguson when he was bringing through Beckham and co.

Also sitting 5 points off the play offs having played the majority of the difficult away games

It'd be nice to see Clyne playing as much as he did last season. Surely he should be more capable of playing games this season than last? Otherwise he's surely going backwards?

I still maintain that we should be higher in the league, We have a good enough team to challenge for automatic promotion if we went for it and a few players hit purple patches of form.

TonyD
13-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I would take £1m for Victor rather than go into administration and lose 10 points. I also have serious doubts about his potential. He has great skill but I feel that he is hurt too easily. Defenders are starting to realise that if you give him an early thump he is out of the game. Regarding Clyne, I have to say that Danny has been playing very well since his return from Clownton and has the right back position on merit at the moment.

Beanie
13-11-2009, 03:14 PM
That's pure nonsense Beanie. No Prem team would ever buy Vic "as the player he is now". They will only buy him for the player everyone expects him to become. Then it's a negotiation about how good he could become (the clubs will have different views), and how much of the potential "player rent" the buying club are prepared to pay to Palace, and how much Palace are prepared to accept.
Okay, badly put - they'll buy him for the player he might be, but they'll pay for the player he is now. That is why fees are now frequently £x plus add-ons. It's a balancing act, at the moment he is doing little to suggest he will be the star it looked like a while ago, so it's moderate fee plus decent add-ons. We have two choices, take the money and hope to get a bit more as he comes good or hang on another couple of years and hope by then he has started looking like he'll be a real star, and we can pick up £5m plus smaller add-ons. Sadly, although they can afford to lose the gamble more, it's the big clubs who will play safe. They'll either buy him cheap, get a bargain (even after add ons) if it comes off and not lose too much if it doesn't, or they'll wait a while and see. They may pay more but at least they'll know more what they are getting. That's why I said we should wait - if we can afford to

palace_crystal
13-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd take 1million for him (If they loan him back to us until the end of next season)

red&blue_moomin
13-11-2009, 04:35 PM
It'd be nice to see Clyne playing as much as he did last season. Surely he should be more capable of playing games this season than last? Otherwise he's surely going backwards?

I still maintain that we should be higher in the league, We have a good enough team to challenge for automatic promotion if we went for it and a few players hit purple patches of form.

What a load of rubbish we can't score goals for love nor money our goal difference is only just negative thanks to Jules and the CBs. To get in the playoff we NEED a striker who will actually consistently score goals. Victor won't do this and non of the other youngsters will. We are reliant on Darren Ambrose if he picks up a niggle or god forbid an injury we WILL slide back down that table like a lead ballon. If selling Victor and Nicky allow us to get a consistent championship level goarer and pay him thats what we havce to do. Two transfer embargoes and loads of other financial difficulties right now are more pressing then letting Victor develop sad though that is. If Victor was banging them in then I'd agree but he is'nt and he always injured. Victor is a flair player there to turn a game in our favor, right now this season he can't do it and we are f*ck*d so we need to do something else.

JannerEagle
13-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I would take £1m for Victor rather than go into administration and lose 10 points. I also have serious doubts about his potential. He has great skill but I feel that he is hurt too easily. Defenders are starting to realise that if you give him an early thump he is out of the game. Regarding Clyne, I have to say that Danny has been playing very well since his return from Clownton and has the right back position on merit at the moment.

I think there is truth in this - a bit (IMO) like Julian Gray used to disappear after an early 'thump'.

RDSdaEAGLE
14-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I think there is truth in this - a bit (IMO) like Julian Gray used to disappear after an early 'thump'.

Andrejs Rubins got clattered early on by Steven Gerrard in the 5-0 League Cup semi thrashing at Anfield, and barely wanted to touch the ball again.

I have no doubt that wingers are generally weaker. It's part of the physique required to play the position.

Victor puts up with his fair share of pain though.

MasterYoda
14-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Moses for £1m and Bostock :o

Nork1
14-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Why not just give Moses straight to Brentford and cut out the middle man?

pardew's shorts
14-11-2009, 09:58 PM

LeeSinnots ears
15-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Spot on , I bet you will never see Wenger or Redknapp have him isolated on the left wing.
This is going to be a real real shame :sob:

917L
15-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Spot on , I bet you will never see Wenger or Redknapp have him isolated on the left wing.
This is going to be a real real shame :sob:

Indeed,

Instead he will be isolated in Arsenals reserves or sent to Brentford by redknapp

That will really help his career

Owngoal
15-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Look at Aaron Ramsey, just breaking into the Arsenal first team but starring for Wales - he will do well there as might Vic if he went there. He could learn a lot from Liam Brady. Spurs take and spit out too many youngsters and I hope that Vic does not end up there because of this. We seem to be stalling our youngsters at the moment - Clyne certainly has as much ability as any young full back at the moment and fans will go to see Vic Moses excite.

917L
15-11-2009, 03:30 PM
fans will go to see Vic Moses excite.

So far this season he has either been injured or barring 1 game failed to deliver any kind of decent performances

Adlerhorst
15-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Indeed,

Instead he will be isolated in Arsenals reserves or sent to Brentford by redknapp

That will really help his careerSpuds - pretty much agree
Arse - totally disagree

Ramsey has been mentioned already, Fabregas did okay under them, as has Walcott, and countless others. They don't all make it there, no question but very few fail to improve considerably.

kabbott
15-11-2009, 04:23 PM
From the BBC today:

Manchester United and Chelsea are fighting it out to sign Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell who is valued at £20m.

So this Jack Rodwell would be 20 times better than Victor Moses.

eagle101
15-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, I've had a think about this, and this is what I think.

* We already know that the club are trying to flog Moses to help raise some cash.
* SJ wants £5m, and I think Warnock agrees with that valuation. However I reckon they will accept £3m + add ons.
* Knowing that clubs are looking towards January and starting negotiations around now, Palace 'leak' a story that Jordan will accept £1m.
* Prem clubs (Arsenal, Fulham, Everton, Spurs) suddenly see an opportunity to take advantage of cash-strapped Palace, and open negotiations.
* Bidding war begins
* We end up with a relatively decent price for VicMo, as sad as it is to see him go.
* Club stays alive a little bit longer.

Though I'm probably wrong :)

Il Padrino
16-11-2009, 09:55 AM
EAGLES manager Neil Warnock has laughed off rumours linking teenage striker Victor Moses with a move to Tottenham.

A national newspaper reported earlier in the week that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was keen to sign Moses in a £1million deal and would run the rule over him in a practice match between the two sides.

Warnock confirmed that the game did take place to give some of his fringe players more match action, but insisted there was no other reason for the meeting.

"I don't think Harry will be signing anyone after that," laughed Warnock. "We were awful and got hammered 7-1."

Moses continues to be linked with a move away from Selhurst Park, with Arsenal and Everton also rumoured to be interested.

Warnock, however, has insisted that the talented youngster needs to focus on his form at Palace before even considering a transfer to a Premier League club.

Moses has struggled to nail down a first team place this season and is yet to find the back of the net.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/palacelatest/Palace-boss-laughs-Tottenham-s-Moses/article-1509692-detail/article.html?

917L
16-11-2009, 10:17 AM
* We already know that the club are trying to flog Moses to help raise some cash.

No we dont

stinky
16-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Spot on , I bet you will never see Wenger...have him isolated on the left wing

Wrong.

Henry got played on the wing
Walcott is getting played on the wing

Both strikers, both put out on the wing by Wenger at the 'start' (inverted commas because obviously both had clubs before Arsenal) of their careers, to teach them how to use their pace, and how to beat their man. Henry got moved into the middle with devastating effect, and I'm pretty sure Theo will given some of the performances I've seen from him when I've been to the Emirates. His body and mind just need to mature a bit more. Arsenal fans are coming round to him more and more.

so in short, Wenger may well stick him on the wing if he went there. With Wenger it's a masterstroke, with Warnock he's 'tactically inept'. I do feel for him sometimes

kolinkins
16-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Wrong.

Both strikers, both put out on the wing by Wenger at the 'start' (inverted commas because obviously both had clubs before Arsenal) of their careers, to teach them how to use their pace, and how to beat their man. Henry got moved into the middle with devastating effect, and I'm pretty sure Theo will given some of the performances I've seen from him when I've been to the Emirates. His body and mind just need to mature a bit more. Arsenal fans are coming round to him more and more.

so in short, Wenger may well stick him on the wing if he went there. With Wenger it's a masterstroke, with Warnock he's 'tactically inept'. I do feel for him sometimes

Van Persie as well, Vela too. Hell, Wenger has even used that big lump Bendtner in the wide areas!

Away Day Eagle
16-11-2009, 01:52 PM
given some of the performances I've seen from him when I've been to the Emirates. H

orp pisshead1
16-11-2009, 05:49 PM
So far this season he has either been injured or barring 1 game failed to deliver any kind of decent performances
What game you thinking of 917l as in his 1 good game?

Dingle
16-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Wrong.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stinky again.

Maximus Dowieus
16-11-2009, 06:16 PM
EAGLES manager Neil Warnock has laughed off rumours linking teenage striker Victor Moses with a move to Tottenham.

Warnock, however, has insisted that the talented youngster needs to focus on his form at Palace before even considering a transfer to a Premier League club.

Moses has struggled to nail down a first team place this season and is yet to find the back of the net.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/palacelatest/Palace-boss-laughs-Tottenham-s-Moses/article-1509692-detail/article.html?

Indeed. Surely Victor needs to start putting in some consistently good high quality performances before he has any chance of a "big move"?

AJ's right boot
16-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Moses speculation annoying Palace boss Warnock

5:33pm Monday 16th November 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Graham Moody »

Neil Warnock admits he is getting annoyed at the constant speculation surrounding whizz kid Victor Moses' future.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton and Wigan have all been linked with moves for the Crystal Palace winger this week amid rumours the club has dropped their asking price from £5m to £1m with add ons.

However, manager Warnock is fed up with reading stories he says have no truth to them.

"Neither Simon Jordan nor myself have heard anything from anyone regarding Victor," he said.

"It's not distracting for us, just annoying when there are no facts to these stories at all."

George Tasker
16-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I think if Moses does go then we need good add-ons should the upfront money be in fact less than what we want, for example i did not know this until today but every time that Moan Utd win the league Everton get £1m from the sale of a certain Mr Rooney. We need to get a sound long-term add on clause into the deal, however saying that, Moses is no Rooney. Spurs are no Utd. But basically what I'm saying is should Spurs finish in the top 6 or something then this should hopefully trigger a clause or something

ZOHAR
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Asked whether there had been any agents enquiring about Victor Moses, Neil revealed that there had been no interest in the last transfer window, as well as confirming that there will be no more signings this year:

"Before the last deadline I thought there would be three or four clubs coming in for him, and we even suggested a loan period because if he goes on loan he will show Premier League clubs just what he can do.

"But he has to just keep doing what he did on Saturday, he terrorised them on Saturday and he has got a lot of ability. But a lot of the young lads have and they are going to get opportunities here at Palace because we are not bringing anyone in. We have got a number of youngsters who are biting at the bit and so they should be."

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1892028,00.html

Golf Boy
01-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Why would all these top clubs be interested in a player who can't get into the first team at championship level?

If we are looking to sell Moses and Clyne then we have gone the worst way about it by hardly playing them.

Gazza2
01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Perhaps we cannot risk them being injured pre Jan sales period!

Beatleboy
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Ifor example i did not know this until today but every time that Moan Utd win the league Everton get £1m from the sale of a certain Mr Rooney.

Interesting that. Supposing you have a scenario of Man Utd need to get a win from the last game of the Season to win the title - and they are playing Everton!

Clapham Grand
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Asked whether there had been any agents enquiring about Victor Moses, Neil revealed that there had been no interest in the last transfer window, as well as confirming that there will be no more signings this year:

"Before the last deadline I thought there would be three or four clubs coming in for him, and we even suggested a loan period because if he goes on loan he will show Premier League clubs just what he can do.

"But he has to just keep doing what he did on Saturday, he terrorised them on Saturday and he has got a lot of ability. But a lot of the young lads have and they are going to get opportunities here at Palace because we are not bringing anyone in. We have got a number of youngsters who are biting at the bit and so they should be."

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1892028,00.html

indeed - we were doing our level best to flog him to anyone

philsick
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
indeed - we were doing our level best to flog him to anyone

It must be weird for him,its like he's been on the transfer list for a year without actually being on it.

gold76
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
If he has to leave next month, I'd much rather he end up at Fulham, they have a striker crisis at the minute & at least he'd get some game time, instead of rotting at the spudz

glaziers fan
02-12-2009, 03:51 AM
I said we'd be looking to loan out Moses to the Premiership and got slaughtered. It would seem we want him to show what he can do, but not have him in our team. It's bizarre, but hopefully Saturday's performance means he will start the next 5 games upfront. If you want to get the crowds back to selhurst, starting him vs Doncaster is imperative!

thereichstuff
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I said we'd be looking to loan out Moses to the Premiership and got slaughtered. It would seem we want him to show what he can do, but not have him in our team. It's bizarre, but hopefully Saturday's performance means he will start the next 5 games upfront. If you want to get the crowds back to selhurst, starting him vs Doncaster is imperative! To be fair glaziers it could have been one of many postings ;) I agree that moses should have a run now ( lets hope he doesnt get injured eh ! )

ZOHAR
08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Warnock hints at Moses sale

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock admitted he expects Victor Moses to seal a move to the Premier League next month after the teenager scored a fabulous brace in a 4-2 win at Reading.

The 18-year-old scored a stunning goal in each half at the Madejski Stadium as Palace shrugged off the fact that they have not been paid for November to inflict another damaging defeat on Brendan Rodgers' Royals.

With chairman Simon Jordan blaming a cash-flow problem for the delay, Moses' double was a timely reminder of the huge talent he possesses and Warnock is already resigned to cashing in on him.

He said: "Victor's goals were unbelievable.

"You can't coach against goals like that so I don't know what Brendan can say to his lads.

"You could tell that Victor was on his game and he has been since I bought him back into the team. He is hungry and he will get all the plaudits.

"Everybody is looking at him now. Four or five teams were after him in the summer but they hesitated and I don't know why.

"I am convinced that he has the quality, his ability over the first few yards is right up there. They pay £17million for players like that in the Premier League.

"I don't see anybody better than him in the Premier League. You don't get 18-year-old British players like that very often and he will go for sure.

"He will be a good buy for someone."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5760171,00.html?

PalaceForever
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
His value would have gone up after tonight. I suppose losing him is inevitable, but I'll still be gutted. Hopefully we will get decent money for him - and I mean £10m plus with a completely straight face.

foxinthebox
08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
we need a few clubs in for him to drive the price up. without wanting to sound too harsh i really dont care where he ends up. once hes gone hes gone. the club getting as much money as possible for him is the biggest priority. would rather he went spurs and never played if it was for the biggest fee!!

€pfc
08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Arsenal need a striker at in Fairness to Wenger they pay top dollar for youngsters plus doesn't he support them?

But Wenger and Arsenal fans are ***** but if we get 7m+ it would help us big time

Sooner he stay but we need the cash. Wasn't there talk of Arse in for him before?

Kirby
08-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Keep banging them in over Christmas, Victor.

You may leave but your value could just save the club :p

foxinthebox
08-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Arsenal need a striker at in Fairness to Wenger they pay top dollar for youngsters plus doesn't he support them?

But Wenger and Arsenal fans are ***** but if we get 7m+ it would help us big time

arsenal need a world class striker not a project. moses wouldnt be going there to play straight off. vela would be used instead of that option

and 7m!! i bloody wish.

half it and some.

davematt
08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I can accept selling him, but we must try and hold out for a good price. Anything below £5m would be a crying shame, even in our financial position.

Hopefully we can sell a few others players for nice fee's and hold out for a bit more for Victor. He is certainly worth it :)

The Gerry Queen
08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
If he continues to play as he has over the rest of the month and scores a hatfull of goals we could well start to see his fee rise to the sort of cash Ramsay, Walcott and Bale secured. Sadly the world now knows just how much of a hole Palace and Simon Jordan are in. The best we can hope for, if he continues to score lots of fab goals, is probably an upgrade on the £3m to Arsenal with add ons. Maybe Wenger would loan him back to us for the rest of the season.
Knowing our luck and the way the Championship works Chris Morgan will crock him next week

davematt
09-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Can I just add, if he goes anywhere, go to Arsenal Victor :)

Wenger will turn you into the next decades Wayne Rooney.

kolinkins
09-12-2009, 12:14 AM
I am not bothered about the fee - be it £1m or £5m - at the end of the day, even the latter will make minimal difference to our situation.

As such, I just hope he goes to the best club for Victor Moses. And that is not Spurs. It is one of Everton, Villa or Arsenal

cockles
09-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Keep banging them in over Christmas, Victor.

You may leave but your value could just save the club :p

Yep, win win for Victor.

It seems crystal clear he has been told that he's playing for the next club from now to January - play well every 90mins and he could get Arsenal, anything less and Wigan might be best he can hope for.

It keeps the situation simple, and Victor need only focus on one thing.:p

little dedders
09-12-2009, 12:22 AM

for the last 3 years? its a crying shame.

CPFC87
09-12-2009, 12:26 AM
I can accept selling him, but we must try and hold out for a good price. Anything below £5m would be a crying shame, even in our financial position.

Hopefully we can sell a few others players for nice fee's and hold out for a bit more for Victor. He is certainly worth it :)

PMSL

orp pisshead1
09-12-2009, 12:29 AM
If its spurs then those twats should pay £15 million as they owe us for bostock. Moses is by far the best talent in the championship.

cockles
09-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Moses is by far the best talent in the championship.

Bigtime. We need the papers to hype this up for us over the next few weeks.
This makes the low key Cup draw all the more a pity. That said, Saturday 23 January 2010 is the 4th Round, assuming we make it - a big draw then would be great, if only to force the hand of potential buyers.

pauldrulez
09-12-2009, 12:47 AM
If we sell below £3m + massive add-ons, it's a joke and not worth the deal.

We got mugged over Bostock, we shouldn't be mugged again.

I want big buck, but i'll take financial security for the next year or so with the ability to bring a couple of Championship quality players in in January to help the push for promotion.

You never know, between Sears and Scannell (hopefully the latter, since he's ours), we may find another player who can get us off our seats and cheering.

But, i'll miss Victor.

I've known about the guy for 8 years. He scored goals for fun when he was at Whitgift. They even started him from the bench to make it fair at times. I know this as I played against him and the school a week after he scored 10. Somehow got it 0-0 to extra-time. Moses came on with 5 mins left of normal time(20 min halves). E-T 7 minutes each way. Lost 4-0. He scored 3 of them and was the guy I fouled to get booked and give away a penalty after he got his hat-trick. I thought he fouled me so I swung my leg to trip him up as he celebrated (me, petulant, never...), but he was just big and when you're a Keeper you got no chance at that age against someone of his size and ability.

It shows that even then if you wanted to stop him, you had to foul him.

As Palace fans, we looked forward to his debut for 3 years, ever since he was 14 and he was still popping up with big goal tallies in the papers. For Youth team and School.

It'll be sad to see him go.

He will play for England (if he doesn't play for Nigeria first).

SpikeyMatt
09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
What did Fabian Delph go for - £6m? Victor must be worth that.

I don't give two hoots about the financial situation, we have to get top dollar for him. He's a special, special talent. I couldn't bear to see him go for peanuts. Unfortunately, I think he might do :(

Hedgehog
09-12-2009, 01:58 AM
A bidding war is our best hope....

Beatleboy
09-12-2009, 02:22 AM
£2 million, 3 at tops is what we will get. So lets get real folks.:(

palacelad1970
09-12-2009, 03:24 AM
If i was jordan i would take the gamble that he may get us promotion so hold on to him till end of season :p

DaveP
09-12-2009, 07:28 AM
I know Jordan is desperate to raise funds in January but he has to be careful here not to shoot himself in the foot over Moses.

Yes, we all know it's 99% certain that Victor will be leaving but i think all Palace fans want is that if and when Moses leaves we get a decent price for him. Jordan banged on for months about being ripped to shreads about losing Bostock for peanuts, however, if he goes and let's Moses leave for a stupid small price then he is a bigger fool than what we all think.

Moses could potentially on his own get a transfer amount that could see Palace through financially untill the end of the season, thats what Jordan has to realise.

Eagles55
09-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I see NW is touting a premiership price of 17m. No chance of that for sure but after last might's performance may be able to raise the stakes to 8m.

I hope so as that could ease the pressure on having to sell others such as Ambrose, Clyne, Danns etc.

FraserH
09-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I see NW is touting a premiership price of 17m. No chance of that for sure but after last might's performance may be able to raise the stakes to 8m.

I hope so as that could ease the pressure on having to sell others such as Ambrose, Clyne, Danns etc.

from bbc match report...

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock (18-year-old goalscorer Victor Moses:
"You could tell that Victor was on his game and he has been since I bought him back into the team.

"Everybody is looking at him now. They pay £17m for players like that in the Premier League.

"You don't get 18-year-old British players like that very often and he will go for sure."

i don't like the bit where he says "....he will go for sure....", sounds like may there are offers in waiting.

FraserH
09-12-2009, 08:01 AM
if we sell victor it will be for no more than 5mill.

sw16girl
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM

One performance (two if you take the Watford game into account) does not make a player worth £8m. I would be extremely happy with £3m but it depends on who, if anyone, actually bids. As Hedgehog said we need a bidding war - without that he may go for less.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the club will want the money upfront and not spread over as year/18 months as is usual - for that clubs will want a discount on the price. The Club will also want all the money guarantees and not add ons - again that will reduce the headline price.

swissroll
09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
The sad thing is whatever we get for him probably only postpones the problems we've got for a few months.

FraserH
09-12-2009, 08:16 AM
i think its safe to say victor, clyne and maybe ambrose will be off in Jan. I reckon for a combined price of around 6.5 mill (2.5 for vicmo, 2.5 clyne and maybe 1 - 1.5 for amborse).

we are skint and will take we what is offered if it means we can keep the club ticking over. Other option is admin!

Super-Ste-Cious
09-12-2009, 08:26 AM
i think its safe to say victor, clyne and maybe ambrose will be off in Jan. I reckon for a combined price of around 6.5 mill (2.5 for vicmo, 2.5 clyne and maybe 1 - 1.5 for amborse).

we are skint and will take we what is offered if it means we can keep the club ticking over. Other option is admin!

I think 6.5m is a bloody optimistic guess. Not including add-ons I think it'll be around the 3m mark.

We all know that we should get far more; but your last comment is the reason we won't.

FraserH
09-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I think 6.5m is a bloody optimistic guess. Not including add-ons I think it'll be around the 3m mark.

We all know that we should get far more; but your last comment is the reason we won't.

you dont think we would get 6.5 mill in total for moses, clyne and ambrose?

i would have thought that was a conservative guess.

thefox
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I see NW is touting a premiership price of 17m..

That I think can be translated as either or both of:

To potential club buyers, this is our assets come buy us.

Please make an offer for Victor we need the cash , We're hoping for £3m .

FraserH
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
That I think can be translated as either or both of:

To potential club buyers, this is our assets come buy us.

Please make an offer for Victor we need the cash , We're hoping for £3m .

i fear the second is the true meaning of his comment!

bern5161
09-12-2009, 09:03 AM
the club is lying on a bed in intensive care hooked up to a bank of monitors going beep...beep. as we stand around the bed waiting for the patient to shuffle off this mortal wotsit the only thing that can save us is the miracle drug...cash. this is a buyers market. we'll take what we can get. £5 mil for moses and clyne would be tremendous

Dan C
09-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Given our need for up front cash, does that wipe out the possibility of a loan deal back to us for the rest of the season if he's bought by one of the big guns in the January window?

cockles
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
The £17m reference has I think Valencia and Wigan in mind.

It's more a preparation for the add on part of the deal.

I read it as, "come and steal VM for £3m or whatever, and you can sell after 2 years to the big for big money - but we know this and want a cut".

Matt_Hep
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Just read in the 'naked Pulis heabutts' Beattie article that Beattie was "snapped up" for £3.5m in the last transfer window; surely Moses is three times more valuable?!

Halfwayline
09-12-2009, 09:59 AM
If the club goes into administration any "add ons" for Bostock and Moses belongs to CPFC 2000 rather then CPFC 2010.

Only the current creditors will get the funds.

pardew's shorts
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Kirby
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Arsenal for £5m, then loaned back for the rest of the season.

I could just about stomach that.

glaziers fan
09-12-2009, 12:31 PM
If it's one of the big4 who takes him you'd want £10m+ as he'd be unlikely to move on. If he goes to a lesser Prem club I'd take £7m plus a sell-on clause.

Don't forget SJ gets good prices for our players.

VicMo will play for England. Let's not be in any doubt about this. The only way he won't is if he plays for Nigeria. If he finishes the season well he must have an outside chance of a place in the 2010World Cup squad.

red&blue_moomin
09-12-2009, 12:34 PM
the club is lying on a bed in intensive care hooked up to a bank of monitors going beep...beep. as we stand around the bed waiting for the patient to shuffle off this mortal wotsit the only thing that can save us is the miracle drug...cash. this is a buyers market. we'll take what we can get. £5 mil for moses and clyne would be tremendous

This is the reality of the p*ss poor state we've ended up in

Kaberle15
09-12-2009, 12:35 PM
If it's one of the big4 who takes him you'd want £10m+ as he'd be unlikely to move on. If he goes to a lesser Prem club I'd take £7m plus a sell-on clause.

VicMo will play for England. Let's not be in any doubt about this. The only way he won't is if he plays for Nigeria. If he finishes the season well he must have an outside chance of a place in the 2010World Cup squad.

Its a point that is too often missed. Moses will very likely go in January. But believe that Jordan will get a good price for him, because as you mention, SJ has been firm on that in the past for the most part.

I also believe that Moses will one day play for England. Have to disagree that he has a shot at 2010 though. If he goes to a top 8 side, they will likely integrate him slowly. The decision/mistake of taking Walcott when he wasn't ready stuck with alot of people, I doubt they make a similar decision again.

emmatheeagle
09-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Moses has the gifts to become world class; that's not hyperbole. When he's on his game he is unplayable, and he'll find life easier in the Premier League, where he'll be afforded extra space and will face less crude opposition tactics and defences.

Delph and Ramsey are natural starting points for a valuation, at £5m/£6m, though fantasistas like Moses have an additional premium attached.

Ordinarily we could realistically hope for a very high price, but of course we're over a barrel. We must hope that a bidding war ensues. The January window also sees an element of panic in transfer negotiations, so we could still get a decent fee.

In terms of player development, and as an England fan, I hope Moses (and Clyne, for that matter) find their way to Arsenal. There simply is no better club for them.

pmsl, so Moses goes from being pretty ordinary, not even getting into our 1st eleven, having a number of bad games, then he plays well against a poor Reading team and his value goes up and he may play for England in 2010, get real ffs

pardew's shorts
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM

Kaberle15
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
pmsl, so Moses goes from being pretty ordinary, not even getting into our 1st eleven, having a number of bad games, then he plays well against a poor Reading team and his value goes up and he may play for England in 2010, get real ffs

Very few people have ever doubted his raw talent level.

You can tell certain players that stand out from the rest and are a different class, even if they are struggling to make an impact, or playing poorly. Moses had looked like the real deal from day one. His first touch, his vision, the way he moves, the kind of stuff that can't be taught.

Its not unusual for players like Vic to take a while to put it together at the senior professional level, because kids like him get used to taking it for granted when playing at the lower and junior levels, and its a completely different game when you make the step up.

Of course the kid won't be in the England team for 2010, but if someone can instill just a little more drive into the boy, he will play for England, because he does have the potential to be that good.

The Reading and Watford games haven't suddenly made people realise that the kid is an elite talent, its just now becoming apparent that he might be starting to put his raw ability together at the senior level with some sort of consistency (more so than Walcott at Southampton by the way, who has since gone on to start games for both England and Arsenal in the Prem and Champions League.)

It all depends on how the boy is handled from now on, and how ambitious he is to reach his ceiling.

But he should certainly be fetching in the range of a Ramsey/Delph/Walcott fees as a comparison, rather than the £1m nonsense rumoured a few weeks ago.

Chris K
09-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Sorry but :D :D :D

cockles
09-12-2009, 01:12 PM
But he should certainly be fetching in the range of a Ramsey/Delph/Walcott fees as a comparison, rather than the £1m nonsense rumoured a few weeks ago.

Yes, plus those 3 players were also bought from clubs with dodgy finances too.

palacelad1970
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Keep him till end of season

Clapham Grand
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
some of the prices banded about on here are laughable. We are not in a position to negotitate hard, and ou can forget add-ons, we need hard cash. Thus the price falls accordingly.

I would be amazed if we got over £2m upfront for him and even that would be good going

cockles
09-12-2009, 01:16 PM
......If he finishes the season well he must have an outside chance of a place in the 2010World Cup squad.

Err, for Nigeria, yes more than 0% chance - for England, no way.

I seem to remember that he already declined an overture from Nigeria, so it will be a while before gets to the England squad, following a while in the U-21s.

CPFC87
09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
some of the prices banded about on here are laughable. We are not in a position to negotitate hard, and ou can forget add-ons, we need hard cash. Thus the price falls accordingly.

I would be amazed if we got over £2m upfront for him and even that would be good going

Exactly, some right thickos on this website sometimes.

red&blue_moomin
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Daft is'nt it, financially the world is in a mess and I honestly think the overall value of transfer fees is going drop. We need cash now and a lot of deals are on installment which probably won't do for us. So we will end up probably selling on Victor and Nathaniel and attempting to keep Jules and Darren unless silly money gets offered. Jules and Darren represent our ability to not leak goals and to score goals. Great though both Victor and Nathaniel are they are not crucial to keep us in the division which lets face it is all we will be doing after January.

glaziers fan
09-12-2009, 01:46 PM

If that's the case, then why can't the trust buy Moses? Surely we could raise £2m to buy him?

StudentEagle
09-12-2009, 01:52 PM
If that's the case, then why can't the trust buy Moses? Surely we could raise £2m to buy him?

I don't think delusional covers it anymore.

GDP
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The sad fact is that every club knows our financial situation. Regardless of how much we rate Moses, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see more than £1.5m.

Mark_cpfc
09-12-2009, 02:22 PM

That's just more hassle, Who would pay his wages the club or the trust?

Sorry to say but that's a ridiculous suggestion, Just face the reality that Moses will be leaving and he will be leaving for a stupidly low price which we're not in a position to say not too so just enjoy the final few weeks of VicMo.

thereichstuff
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Nurse , NURSE ! he is ready for you now .

Owngoal
09-12-2009, 03:02 PM
If we could get enough for him to stave off administration with a sell on clause I'd love to see him at Arsenal, with the possibility of some of their youngsters coming the other way. Sadly, we will be given a 'date rape' drug and be f***ed by someone like Spurs.

sydnsteve
09-12-2009, 03:02 PM
TBH, it very much depends on who wants VM. He could easily be the best English player of his generation, and under the new rules all the big clubs will need them. So we have perhaps more bargaining power than some are saying on here. Esp if he puts in more MoM performances.

Freddy Kurz
09-12-2009, 05:22 PM
The sad fact is that every club knows our financial situation. Regardless of how much we rate Moses, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see more than £1.5m.

...and just what qualifications do you have to make any of us pay the
slightest regard to your current hypothetical valuation of Moses?

jams1234
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Ideal scenario is we sell to Arsenal for 5m plus add-ons. We then get him on loan for the next 2 years(one of which is our Premiership season).

But it's a cruel world :(

Fever Pitch
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I'd walk him upto the Africa, sorry the Emirates for £1m

gold76
09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I'd be pleased if we could get £3 million for him
Reallistically I think £2 million is what he would go for
Anything less would be a joke

David
09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Matt Jansen was a better player than Moses and look at the pathetic fee we got for him. when you have financial difficulties other clubs will not pay top dollar.

Catford Eagle
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM

It's called an opinion Freddy. Not for the first time on this board, you seem to struggle with the concept. That's why he said "I'D BE SURPRISED..." not "We will not" or "No opinion counts except mine, and I say we will get £1.5m". You could just as easily ask what qualifications you have to question someone else's view, because that's what it is - a view.

Golf Boy
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Matt Jansen was a better player than Moses and look at the pathetic fee we got for him. when you have financial difficulties other clubs will not pay top dollar.

4.5 million we got for him didn't we?

David
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM

Yep. Should have been so much more for a player like him.

Palace Kebab
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
What we need is a lot of competition for his signature. The better he plays between now and January the more chance of competition between clubs to sign him.

Warnock has only just put him in the shop window and it may be that the financial situation coming to a head and his recent selection may be more than a coincidence

Watson's My Cat
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM

:D

Better and better.

spt1978
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Cant see the FA having more third party ownership after Tevez.

Freddy Kurz
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
It's called an opinion Freddy. Not for the first time on this board, you seem to struggle with the concept. That's why he said "I'D BE SURPRISED..." not "We will not" or "No opinion counts except mine, and I say we will get £1.5m". You could just as easily ask what qualifications you have to question someone else's view, because that's what it is - a view.

How about having been a regular Palace supporter since December, 1944
and a keen student of the game and of CPFC in particular throughout all
that time?

This doesn't and never has made me an infallible assessor of Palace player
valuations, but would say that my assessments have often tended to be
close to the final published figure. This was certainly true with the fee
Palace received for Andy Johnson (over £4m more than most on BBS had
been predicting) and the final fees we got for Routledge and Bostock
(including add-ons) well in excess of the pessimistic original estimates
predicted on these Boards.......

CPFC_DAVE77
09-12-2009, 09:42 PM
that time?

OK so your the King Freddy, was still no need to attack that feller he only posted an opinion.

917L
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM

Yes he was a great player

But 4.5mil for player who had barely played a season outside the 4th division was fantastic money (and 4.5mil 10 years ago was good money)

Freddy Kurz
09-12-2009, 10:09 PM
OK so your the King Freddy, was still no need to attack that feller he only posted an opinion.

Have never claimed to be a "King" or infallible. And since when has
questioning someone's opinion or their credentials constituted an
"attack"??? Suggest you take a look at the player ratings after
the Doncaster and Scunthorpe home games in order to gain an
insight into the definiition of what the word "attack" can really
mean...... Have consistently opposed OTT criticisms of our
players and others where these have taken place.

Celestial Empire
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
that time?

Fred, this is a thread for deluded kids to play X-factor, not for serious fans.;)

hilairehair
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM

No. £4.1 million. (Michael Knighton waived the £100,000 we owed Carlisle as the add on, to help Goldberg out).

If Moses joined Arsenal, I wouldn't rule him out of not making their first team squad before the end of the season.

Catford Eagle
09-12-2009, 10:24 PM
that time?

I've been a regular Palace supporter since 1973 - a season ticket holder since 1978. It doesn't make a jot of difference when airing a view on what we may or may not get for Moses. You have no more idea than me; I have no more idea than someone who attended Selhurst for the first time on Saturday. I respect and appreciate your 65 years of support for Palace, hope that people appreciate my 36 years, and realise clearly that it doesn't make my opinion one iota more valid than anyone else's - perhaps you need to realise the same.

orp pisshead1
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
that time?

Hows your brother trolley doing?

orp pisshead1
09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I've been a regular Palace supporter since 1973 - a season ticket holder since 1978. It doesn't make a jot of difference when airing a view on what we may or may not get for Moses. You have no more idea than me; I have no more idea than someone who attended Selhurst for the first time on Saturday. I respect and appreciate your 65 years of support for Palace, hope that people appreciate my 36 years, and realise clearly that it doesn't make my opinion one iota more valid than anyone else's - perhaps you need to realise the same.

Good post.

davematt
10-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I think the problem most of us are having is accepting that due to our current financial plight, we are going to have to accept a bid that isn't no way near his true value.

orp pisshead1
10-12-2009, 01:59 AM
**** OFF SPUDZ !!! you C U N T S

EFA:p

Nobby
10-12-2009, 02:07 AM
I think the problem most of us are having is accepting that due to our current financial plight, we are going to have to accept a bid that isn't no way near his true value.

The other problem is that with less than half the season gone, and not yet having seen the best from this squad, we're only 2 points off the play-offs and 9 points off an automatic promotion place.
If the club can't be sold, we should be 100% focused on getting promotion, which would solve a lot of our terrible financial problems, not dismantling what's close to being a very good squad.
If we don't make it, then dismantle over the summer and restructure and take whatever other drastic action is necessary.

Brummie Allan
10-12-2009, 03:05 AM
The other problem is that with less than half the season gone, and not yet having seen the best from this squad, we're only 2 points off the play-offs and 9 points off an automatic promotion place.
If the club can't be sold, we should be 100% focused on getting promotion, which would solve a lot of our terrible financial problems, not dismantling what's close to being a very good squad.
If we don't make it, then dismantle over the summer and restructure and take whatever other drastic action is necessary.Good post, as I've said before the club is worth more with the assets we have Victor, Sean, Nat.

Selling them is like trying to sell the Rover group, after selling off the mini, MG and range rover and only having the Allegro left. ( oh yes that's what they did and where are they now) If we can we should hold on and see how the whole season pans out.

Big Blue Eagle
10-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I see Mr Mokbel is at it again in the Star:

SUNDERLAND BOSS STEVE BRUCE TO BUY VICTOR MOSES FROM CRYSTAL PALACE
ABOVE: Sunderland boss Steve Bruce to buy Victor Moses from Crystal Palace 10th December 2009 By Sami MokbelYour Shout ( 0 )

SUNDERLAND boss Steve Bruce wants to raid cash-strapped Crystal Palace for whizzkid Victor Moses.
But the Black Cats boss may have to fork out at least £2m to sign the talented forward.
Palace know they must sell the England *Under-19 international to ease their crippling financial situation.
Wigan, Everton and Spurs are all tracking the Eagles’ academy graduate.
And now Bruce – who is a long-term admirer of Moses – has stolen a march on his Premier League rivals after making a fresh enquiry.
Because of the Selhurst Park club’s cash-flow problems, Moses, 18, was priced at around £1m plus add-ons.

But the teenager’s stock is rising quickly after scoring three goals in as many games.
A source said: “Sunderland are one of several clubs looking at Moses.
“Palace have financial problems but there’s no point in selling the crown jewels cheaply.”
However, Moses and his team-mates could walk away from Selhurst Park for nothing next week.
Palace boss Neil Warnock, together with his players and coaching staff, are still owed their wages for November.
The club claim those owed money will be paid today, but if wages aren’t paid by Monday the players can move on.
Under standard Football League contract terms, wages must be paid within 14days of the due date.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/111955/Sunderland-boss-Steve-Bruce-to-buy-Victor-Moses-from-Crystal-Palace/?

philsick
10-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Good post, as I've said before the club is worth more with the assets we have Victor, Sean, Nat.

Selling them is like trying to sell the Rover group, after selling off the mini, MG and range rover and only having the Allegro left. ( oh yes that's what they did and where are they now) If we can we should hold on and see how the whole season pans out.

I dont pretend to understand the business and economics of a football club.But i feel this too.The club is for sale and the players are the main asset.It feels that selling moses and co is more about stopping jordan taking a hit and holding off the inevitable for a while.It feels our only hope is promotion,which isn't going to happen without moses and co.Finding a buyer before administration,which is even more unlikely without star players and a hope of promotion.Or jordan taking a hit,we sell cheaper with the team still in tact??

Big Blue Eagle
10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
The facts are much more brutal. The club is living from hand to mouth in revenue terms - that much is obvious from the wage delays which are clearly linked to money beling released by the bank. SJ, for probably very sound personal financial issues is no longer willing or able to put "free" money into the club in the form of personal loans, and also feels it no longer sensible to personally secure any further commercial loans.

In addition to the normal running costs of wages & overheads, the club has loan repayments to make and also could be chased for back rent on the ground at any time.

The players wages are estimated to be around £400k per month, so a sale of a player in January for £1.5m pays them until the end of the season, allowing other income to pay overheads, interest etc. That could just see us through the year without the threat of adminstration.

With administration comes wholesale player sales and the inevitable decline in the club.

The reality is that if we can get away with selling, say, Moses for £2m, we lose one player and potentially keep the team going financially and on the pitch. Sell two for similar amounts and the wolf is pushed outside the garden gate in all probability until the summer giving more breathing space.

swissroll
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
For sure Jordan could receive for the sale of the club £2mill more now (or should I say his debt write off £2mill less) than in say 6 weeks with Vicmo gone but for the sale to complete that quickly and Jordan to have the confidence its all going through I would have epxected very strong rumours to have been publicised by now.

Otherwise its all about cash flow. Lack of it kills - even if theres a potential pot of gold at the end of the line

sydnsteve
10-12-2009, 11:10 AM
What the **** is the point of selling players just to get to the end of the season, when it will be exactly the same situation again?
There is no magic recovery for SJ. He has to basically give the club away debt free. If he can't pay the debts, he is ****ed either way.

Dingle
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
SUNDERLAND boss Steve Bruce wants to raid cash-strapped Crystal Palace for whizzkid Victor Moses.
But the Black Cats boss may have to fork out at least £2m to sign the talented forward.

2 million. F*ck off flat nose!

Big Blue Eagle
10-12-2009, 12:02 PM
From Vital Football site:

Wigan Athletic - Moses and Clyne Double Swoop

Wigan Athletic are back on the trail of Crystal Palace duo Victor Mosses and Nathaniel Clyne and it is believed that a bid for the pair is about to be submitted to cash starved Palace.

Latics scouts watched Crystal Palace win at Reading on Tuesday when both Moses and Clyne played and incidentally both received yellow cards, Moses scored what was described as a wonder goal right on half-time when he curled the ball into the top corner from fully 25 yards.

It`s no secret that Latics boss Roberto Martinez is a firm fan of Palace`s young striker Moses and he came very close to joining the Latics in August he even had a medical up at Christopher Park, but although a fee had been agreed between the Latics and Palace the method of payment couldn`t so the deal got scuppered.

Now the Latics are set to go back with a £3 million down payment plus add-ons for the highly rated England Youth international and this time Martinez is adamant to get his man.

The interest in Palace right back Nathaniel Clyne is being re-kindled after he was first targeted by former boss Steve Bruce last January, indeed Bruce rates the 18 year old very highly and attempted to sign him for Sunderland in the summer only to have a bid rejected, Palace at that time were looking for a deal in the region of £5 million.

Latics are apparently going back in with an offer for Clyne similar to the Moses one with a healthy down payment plus add-ons.

It is well documented that Palace are having financial difficulties at the moment and the players missed getting their November pay cheques on time, it is expected that they will have been paid by today so avoiding the possibility of the players being allowed to leave the club for free.

The Latics have dealt with Palace many times in the past, last January Ben Watson was signed from the South London club and Fitz Hall and Emerson Boyce came as a double swoop in 2006.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=180696

Big Blue Eagle
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Interesting the claims on a medical & fee agreed - totally at odds with Warnock's comments that no one finally came in with a committed offer. The standard of english in the article is cr*p too

9Freedman9
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
If we get 6 mill for Moses and Clyne, plus add-ons I would be happy, well, happy isn't the right word but you get what I mean.

Lords Eagle
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
b

red&blue_moomin
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
If we get 6 mill for Moses and Clyne, plus add-ons I would be happy, well, happy isn't the right word but you get what I mean.

Agreed. While both very promising enormously talented players they have'nt actually featured quite so much this season and so in terms of staying in the division 6million quid with hopefully 2million quid worth of clauses triggered at x prem games, x champ league games, x title winning squad member, x International appearances for both would be quite livable. We then just have to hope the new batch coming through are as talented.

palacemaniac
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
6 million would keep us going till the end of the season and I honestly believe we could get promotd this season with or without Moses and Clyne

limited_edition
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
6 million would keep us going till the end of the season and I honestly believe we could get promotd this season with or without Moses and ClyneClyne maybe. But without Vic, no chance. He offers that little something different. He can score and create for others. If he goes, we'll only be relying on Ambrose each week.

The fear is we sell them for much less than that just to plug a temporary hole in our finances. And then the next crisis, be it yet another transfer embargo, wages delayed/not paid, etc will be around the corner.

gold76
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
6 million would keep us going till the end of the season and I honestly believe we could get promotd this season with or without Moses and Clyne

I admire your optimism!

But I'm not sure where our goals would come from. Can't keep relying on Ambrose. Lee may chip in with a couple, but enough to sustain a challenge?

The Gerry Queen
10-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Clyne and Moses have only, up till the last two weeks, played minor parts in our season so far. Yes Victor does offer something different for sure but up till now we havn't seen it on a regular basis and based on the past three seasons he hasn't delivered anything like as consistently as some would have. He is young, 19 this week I believe, but very inconsistent. Clyne is different I know but he too is still on a learning curve.
If they both went it would be harder to mount a challenge of course. However, we could reasonably expect more from Andrew, Sears, Scannell and Smith (if he is kept on) and of course we still have other gems warming up on loan in Cadogan,Dijalli,Pinney and Wright who could all chip in if they break into the first team squad. Also, with Clyne gone, Abnett would have a clear run to progress into competition with Butts at full back. Not all doom and gloom by anymean but more likely to be respectable top half mid table this year probably.

palacemaniac
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I admire your optimism!

But I'm not sure where our goals would come from. Can't keep relying on Ambrose. Lee may chip in with a couple, but enough to sustain a challenge?

We were doing just fine without Moses in the team, he clearly is a very talented player and it's a bonus to have him in the team but he's not a vital element to our campaign

chatham_lad
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Whilst Vic has undoubtedly got talent to spare, the money that he can bring to the club right at this moment is more important.
I'd be much, much sadder to see Palace go under, the beginnings of what could become a fantastic academy and 104 years of history go down the swanny because we held on to a luxury player.

GDP
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM

I've got a City and Guilds and also an NVQ in hypothetical transfer valuations Freddy, what have you got?

limited_edition
10-12-2009, 10:58 PM
We were doing just fine without Moses in the team, he clearly is a very talented player and it's a bonus to have him in the team but he's not a vital element to our campaignFine meaning scoring on average a goal each game. Hence the pressure for Jules to keep making world class saves every game to help win us points. But you can't argue with the 2 and 3 goal margins we've had since VicMo's come in the side. Ok, there was one blip v Donny. We won our first away game since September, too. Without him, it might have been just another draw. You can't sustain a Play Off push by just sneaking a goal each match, perhaps winning, but more likely drawing them.

adrenalin john
10-12-2009, 11:16 PM
The ONLY way we have a chance of making the play offs is if we can keep it solid in midfiled and defence (and we have the players particularly goalkeeper to do that) and Victor is on fire.

An on fire Victor is unplayable in this division. He is a class above and now he is scoring goals means his confidence will soar. I always felt he needed a couple and the floodgates would open.

adrenalin john
10-12-2009, 11:16 PM
But he will almost certainly have to be sold in January

Diehard
10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
£6 million???

In cash would be nice but the truth is that it will be some crappy installment deal with potential payments for appearances, England, etc etc,etc.

Strapped as we are, I would rather one of the Premiership vultures actually paying us in real money up front - otherwise they steal our best players without shelling out much more than initial lump sum. Scandalous.

Sick Bucket
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
6 mil sounds like an almost dream scenario and I wouldn't begrudge SJ that at all, he/we clearly desperately need it and it's just reward for his investment in the academy, the 2 youngster could leave holding their heads up high, (unlike that other turd), SJ could also point to the academy as a valuable asset AND I still wouldn't completely rule out NW some how getting us into the PO's. If Sears started scoring there's your VM replacement.

PalaceSi
11-12-2009, 12:55 AM
If we really have to sell Victor i just really hope we manage to get all the teams who want him to enter a bidding war so at least we can get a decent price. Certainly not 1 or 2M + add ons. Victor could be a sensation in the premier league and has got some pretty rare skills. He really is potentially worth a fortune and if we sell him too cheap it'll be madness.
We seem to sell so many players for way less than there value and people pay big money for the skilful players. Victor is 6M of player in my eyes and cheap at that.

Louis
11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
We 'could' yes. We are too far behind to make the top two. We have an outside chance of the play-offs.

loz
11-12-2009, 08:32 AM
We 'could' yes. We are too far behind to make the top two. We have an outside chance of the play-offs.

I think we have more than an outside chance, look at the teams up there, and 3 points behind! I cant beleive how well we have done this season, mostly without Moses and Clyne.

sydnsteve
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
But without Ambrose, Moses and Clyne, how will we do then?
And anyone who thinks any club will offer anything like £6 million for VM needs to see a counsellor. We have a month to sell anyone we can to keep the wolf from the door. Everyone knows this. It is not like AJ where SJ could hang out for a good price, we need the money, no-one actually has to buy VM. So all they have to do is wait until the window is about to close. We have no cards to play in this card game.

Il Padrino
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
His agent, Tony Finnegan, says there is interest

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_5764189,00.html

Big Blue Eagle
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I do love these stories - Spurs are saying they have to sell before buying and Wet Spam don't have a pot to **** in at the moment yet are supposedly up for a potential £3m or more punt on an 18 year old!

Big Blue Eagle
11-12-2009, 11:01 AM
And anyone who thinks any club will offer anything like £6 million for VM needs to see a counsellor. We have a month to sell anyone we can to keep the wolf from the door. Everyone knows this. It is not like AJ where SJ could hang out for a good price, we need the money, no-one actually has to but VM. So all they have to do is wait until the window is about to close. We have no cards to play in this card game.

Its 6m for Moses AND Clyne that was quoted

Owngoal
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
The text from the Sky bit quoted by IlPadrino holds some hope on price

"We are hopeful, that should a deal be struck then it would be a good deal for all parties concerned.

"Simon Jordan and Neil Warnock recognises what they have got, they know Victor is special.

"And as a former Crystal Palace player myself, I am keen for them to get a satisfactory deal and one they deserve considering the work they have put into Victor.

"But Victor will be moving to the club which is best suited to him. It is my job to make sure he goes to the best footballing environment for him."

It is understood that Sunderland are keen to win the race for Moses by opening talks with the South London club.

But a deal for Moses to move to the Stadium of Light is far from being sealed.

Skysports.com understands that Fulham and Wigan are ready to table rival offers, whileTottenham, West Ham and Arsenal are all keeping close tabs on the situation

Kevan Woz Awful
11-12-2009, 11:17 AM
And anyone who thinks any club will offer anything like £6 million for VM needs to see a counsellor. We have a month to sell anyone we can to keep the wolf from the door. Everyone knows this. It is not like AJ where SJ could hang out for a good price, we need the money, no-one actually has to but VM. So all they have to do is wait until the window is about to close. We have no cards to play in this card game.

That's an interesting concept, anyone who doesn't agree with you needs to see a counsellor, nice one.

I personally think that you are overlooking the point that, according to many people who have, supposedly, a sound football knowledge, VM is a huge talent.
So the question is. are some of the more secure and wise Premiership managers going to risk missing out on him for the sake of what is to them a few quid?

Get him for £5m now (I didn't want to say £6m as I don't want to be referred to a counsellor) or risk him stuffing a hat-trick past you in the future?

For me, VM represents no different a risk to that represented by Thierry Henry when Wenger bought him.
Get 2, 3 or 4 clubs bidding for him and I really can't see one of them taking the risk of being gazumped on 31st January.
SJ needs to be at his poker playing best to achieve a decent price I'll grant you that - but as for being totally out of the question I really hope you are wrong.

sydnsteve
11-12-2009, 11:17 AM
It is nice to know that Finnegan is his agent. You'd hope he would have some feeling for the club.
And if we got £6 million for VM and Clyne, I'd happily hat eat.
Such a shame we have seen so little of VM, Let's hope he makes some more special appearances before he is off. And good luck to him wherever he goes.
And Kevin, I do apologise for suggesting you need a counsellor!

Kevan Woz Awful
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
And Kevin, I do apologise for suggesting you need a counsellor!

:p No offence taken.

AJ8
12-12-2009, 01:12 AM
he's only started to play well as the january window has got closer... if we get a fair price, sell him...

Gooders
12-12-2009, 01:21 AM
It is nice to know that Finnegan is his agent. You'd hope he would have some feeling for the club.

You think?

Matt Stark
12-12-2009, 01:36 AM
moses sell keep ambrose and derry

Matt Stark
12-12-2009, 01:39 AM
save the club the fans

Shoreditch CPFC
14-12-2009, 01:09 PM
i heard this was a done deal 2 weeks ago but the only thing stopping it was Warnock saying "we need more money from the sale" and Jordan saying "i dont care its my club , i wont be here in a year and i just want some money back"
from a good source (ex Palace player) who never gives bad info!!!!

davematt
14-12-2009, 01:22 PM
i heard this was a done deal 2 weeks ago but the only thing stopping it was Warnock saying "we need more money from the sale" and Jordan saying "i dont care its my club , i wont be here in a year and i just want some money back"
from a good source (ex Palace player) who never gives bad info!!!!

IF true, Simon Jordan is making a great effort from going from a club saviour to a complete C*nt. What a turn around.