PDA

View Full Version : Cadogan to Burton Albion

Arron
20-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Piece in my local paper (Burton Mail) says that Peschisolido is looking to bring him in on loan. It also says he will have to move quickly as there is another club interested.

PAUL Peschisolido faces a race against time to bolster his Burton Albion squad before the loan transfer window closes next week.

The Brewers boss has revived his hopes of recruiting a striker and is also considering a move for Crystal Palace’s 19-year-old winger Kieron Cadogan.

But Peschisolido has only until next Thursday to have new players in place as he tries to cement Albion’s position in the top half of League Two.

He said: “I would like a couple of new players in, but my problem is that I’m fighting against time.”

A surprise phone call from a League One manager has re-opened the door to a possible deal involving a striker, while Peschisolido is still interested in Cadogan.

The Brewers boss said: “Wages are inevitably an issue, so we’ve got a lot of thinking and talking to do, not only manager to manager but also chairman to chairman.

“Hopefully, we’ll be able to find some middle ground but things are going to have to happen quite quickly, though I’m not sure we’ll be able to get anything sorted out before the weekend.

“The striker I’m interested in is back on the agenda, which could mean we’ll have to put everything else on the back burner.

“But at the same time, I like the look of Cadogan and I’m aware that another club is waiting in the wings.”

The 6ft 4ins right winger, who impressed Peschisolido in an internal practice match earlier this week, was back in Palace’s reserve team on Wednesday evening and scored in a 3-2 defeat of Eastbourne Borough.

Peschisolido said: “Kieron is only a young lad, but he’s quite dynamic.

He’s hungry for the ball and he’s enthusiastic.”

Cannot believe Warnock is willing to loan him out, surely he deserves a chance in the first team.

Beckenham Boy
20-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Cant believe that says he is 6ft 4in tall!!!

Psychokiller
20-11-2009, 10:00 AM
He'll do well there. I think he could handle it a level higher than that though tbh

Shoreditch CPFC
20-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Mick Jones blog suggested that they are thinking about it, but worried he may be too young.

cockles
20-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Mick Jones mentioned KC in his blog this week. Basically saying a loan out was probably too early for him, and generally they want the kids (including Scannell) developed at Palace. Djiali and Wright being exceptional cases.

gold76
20-11-2009, 10:34 AM
With Wright & Pinney at Woking
Djilali at Chesterfield
Scannell Hamstrung & Andrew not as yet ready for a comeback, I can't see Cadogan being loaned out at this stage..

Brett
20-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I wonder if KC is too young for a loan or too young for a loan where he has to relocate?

Would it be a different story if Orient came in for him, for example?

917L
20-11-2009, 10:48 AM
He isnt 6ft 4, no way

A shame, I think he is worthy of the 1st team squad

sw16girl
20-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Mick Jones mentioned KC in his blog this week. Basically saying a loan out was probably too early for him, and generally they want the kids (including Scannell) developed at Palace. Djiali and Wright being exceptional cases.

Really - what about Pinney and Hills then?

Big Blue Eagle
20-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I think that they probably look at a number of factors like temperament etc. Hills has Flahaven with him at Oldham, Djilali may be more outgoing and self confident and therefore happier living in a hotel or digs.

It is also probably to do with the playing style of the loaning team, likelihood of getting games etc. Hills and Flahaven are playing every game, and have played at least twice during our downtime period, while Djilali has played once. Interesting of course that Hills & Flahaven are now cup tied for the FA Cup so I gues it will be a pretty full strength team in January.

Absolution
20-11-2009, 05:21 PM
I think that they probably look at a number of factors like temperament etc. Hills has Flahaven with him at Oldham, Djilali may be more outgoing and self confident and therefore happier living in a hotel or digs.

It is also probably to do with the playing style of the loaning team, likelihood of getting games etc. Hills and Flahaven are playing every game, and have played at least twice during our downtime period, while Djilali has played once. Interesting of course that Hills & Flahaven are now cup tied for the FA Cup so I gues it will be a pretty full strength team in January.This sounds about right, Mick Jones' blog did give the picture they were being careful about who was loaned out, and where to.

I think Burton has a reputation of playing decent football (from the Clough days) and are doing well this season.

orp pisshead1
20-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Get cadogan on the bench NW you know it makes sense. The lad is bang in form.

Absolution
20-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Cadogan To Join Burton On Loan
Posted on: Fri 20 Nov 2009

Crystal Palace FC can confirm that Kieron Cadogan will, subject to Football League clearance, join League Two side Burton Albion on a one month loan deal.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1881371,00.html

sw16girl
20-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Cadogan To Join Burton On Loan
Posted on: Fri 20 Nov 2009

Crystal Palace FC can confirm that Kieron Cadogan will, subject to Football League clearance, join League Two side Burton Albion on a one month loan deal.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1881371,00.html

I would rather have seen us keep Cadogan and still send either Pinney or Wright out.

si1965
20-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Think it is a good move - Cadogan gets first team football which will be a step up from the reserve games he has been playing. League Two football won't be too much for him whereas Championship level is probably a step too far too early. Also, as he will be not be playing for his current employers, he should not feel under too much pressure.
At the end of the day it is only a month loan and he could come back a better and more confident player with more of a chance of first-team football.

Diehard
20-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree this is a good move as KC has not featured this season. I really rate this kid. What scares me is the ease in which we have let fringe players slide out on loan and ultimately out of the Club. Just hope that KC doesn't go that way too.

Clapham Grand
20-11-2009, 10:56 PM
good luck to the kid

Gazza2
21-11-2009, 12:36 AM
More imp that Cadogan goes out on loan than Pinney. Cadogan only gets the odd game for the Reserves at the mo whilst Pinney plays Reserves and also turns out every Sat for the youth team.

sw16girl
21-11-2009, 08:38 AM
More imp that Cadogan goes out on loan than Pinney. Cadogan only gets the odd game for the Reserves at the mo whilst Pinney plays Reserves and also turns out every Sat for the youth team.

That is a good explanation as to why.

You mentioned on the other thread the youth are playing chelsea about 3 miles from me - do you know what time?

laggin
21-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Get cadogan on the bench NW you know it makes sense. The lad is bang in form.
without doubt or even play him :p

Freddy Kurz
21-11-2009, 09:25 AM
This is probably the best way Kieron can get the competitive match practice
he needs to assist his current development, while awaiting his chance in the
Palace first-team squad.

Gazza2
21-11-2009, 11:03 AM
That is a good explanation as to why.

You mentioned on the other thread the youth are playing chelsea about 3 miles from me - do you know what time?

Sorry only just surfaced after a late night. It is an 11am KO.

Gazza2
21-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Cadogan started for Burton today

cockles
21-11-2009, 06:13 PM
2 shots on target saved and a cross or two were his main mentions in commentary.
Burton won 3-2 and he was only subbed to waste time at the end, so must have done ok.

Celestial Empire
21-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Decent draw by (Flahavan, Hills) Oldham today, against Colchester (O'Toole, Lisbie, Platt, Odejaye and co).

Celestial Empire
05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
So Kieron Cadogan is back at Palace presumably ? (no sign of him on the Burton team sheet).

sw16girl
06-12-2009, 08:04 AM

Beckenham Boy
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
So Kieron Cadogan is back at Palace presumably ? (no sign of him on the Burton team sheet).

He was on the bench Saturday but did not get on the pitch. Started the 3 games before that though.

Celestial Empire
07-12-2009, 06:38 PM
He was on the bench Saturday but did not get on the pitch. Started the 3 games before that though.

According to Sporting Life :

Burton Albion

Redmond
Jackson
Stride
James
Boertien
Gilroy
McGrath
Penn
Webster
Pearson
Kabba

Subs:
Krysiak
Brown
Maghoma
Simpson
Harrad
Walker
Philips

Dingle
07-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I checked the BBC pages during the game on Saturday and they didn't have him in the team or on the bench either. Dijali played for Chesterfield though (I believe they lost 1-0.)

Beckenham Boy
09-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Sorry, I was looking at the Accrington report from the 1st when he was on the bench. He was not in the team or subs for the game on the 5th.

Arron
09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
He started a league game against Crewe a couple of weeks ago and was taken off at halftime, Peschisolido stating he was 'ineffective'. He started the FA Cup game against Gillingham and was subbed after an hour, was an unused sub against Accrington and didn't even make the bench against Rotherham at the weekend.