PDA

View Full Version : Nic Carle

kiwieagle
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
To go out on loan to Brighton, so say Daily Mirror.

Beckenham Boy
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I thought the loan window has shut

Thanet Eagle
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Seriously ?

dannyboy1807
01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
loan window shut last thursday.

Stavros 69
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Dont go nic

Shipp Ahoy!
01-12-2009, 11:29 AM
To go out on loan to Brighton, so say Daily Mirror.

There are two alternatives here:

1) Bullshit paper with a bullshit story.

2) Bullshit poster with a bullshit post.

I'd rather believe the first one, perhaps you can post a link to back yourself up here?

GeeTee
01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
It's on the very bottom corner of page 59 in today's Mirror. Just popped down to our press office to check.

sydnsteve
01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Good idea if true, though I don't see how as the window is shut

Baldy
01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Who is Nic Carle ?

palacemaniac
01-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Who is Nic Carle ?

Hopefully a better player than Nick Carle

cpfcfan1
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Is the emergency loan window open? or is that before the normal loan window opens

ebyeeckeagle
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Is the emergency loan window open? or is that before the normal loan window opens

Brighton are trying to get this through the back door.

Selhurst Celtic
01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Getting him off the wage bill would be a relief. There seems to be quite a few people on this messageboard that rate Carle but personally, I have yet to see why.
The first time he came to my attention was when Fletcher (the midfielder deemed not good enough for Palace and shipped off to Plymouth Argyle) completely nullified him at Ashton Gate in a league match. I haven't seen Carle do much since.
When Palace signed him it seemed a coup as Bristol City were annoyed and he was being spoken about as a football genius by some on here. But he hasn't justified his price tag in my opinion. He looks overweight, disinterested, and the times he has played this season he has been guilty of turning over possession too easily.

the digger
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Tries to do good things, but doesn't do them quick enough to be effective in the Championship.

Shipp Ahoy!
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
There are two alternatives here:

1) Bullshit paper with a bullshit story.

2) Bullshit poster with a bullshit post.

I'd rather believe the first one, perhaps you can post a link to back yourself up here?

A neg rep for that? Really?

Talk about an easy excuse.

biggus mickus
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
A neg rep for that? Really?

Talk about an easy excuse.

I think you set yourself up for it.
He quoted the paper, and you asked him to defend himself.

Palace Kebab
01-12-2009, 07:42 PM

..and it is us with the emergency!

sydnsteve
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Brighton are trying to get this through the back door.

ROFL.

AussieEagle
07-12-2009, 07:47 AM
I would hate to see him go.
Very good player.

thereichstuff
07-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I saw him after the game in penge . Had a nice little chat with him and he came across as a nice fella , very impressed with donny ! he was .If he doesnt get games he needs to move on for everyones best intrests , shame really .

cdm61
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
he should have played against donny - instead of Ertl

Stavros 69
07-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Big time, he needs a run in the team.
At home we should be attacking.

Skin Up
07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Even though his chances of making the WC squad are very slim, he surely wouldn't want to drop a division...

The Gerry Queen
07-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Agreed. I think we should have played a totally attacking team against Donny with Carle in for Derry and N'Diaye for Ertl (who has been very good at what he's been asked to do) If we has gone 4 4 2 with Moses given a front role off Lee and Danns,Carle,N'Diaye and Ambrose in midfield, we would have taken Donny by suprise and spoilt their game plan which was based on a highly telegraphed astute (and correct) assumption by O'Driscoll that Warnock would play safe with two defensive mids in deference to their passing game. All that happened is that it gave Donny the freedom of the park to look like Brazil.
Carle would have made a difference in an attacking line up.

Kirby
07-12-2009, 11:19 AM
The last few replies crack me up.

We hadn't lost a game all season with Ertl in the team up until Saturday, and he'd been one of our most consistent performers. You wanted to change a line-up that battered Watford 3-0?

Get real. We had a bad day. It happens.

jobiinthelastmi
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
The last few replies crack me up.

We hadn't lost a game all season with Ertl in the team up until Saturday, and he'd been one of our most consistent performers. You wanted to change a line-up that battered Watford 3-0?

Get real. We had a bad day. It happens.

Agreed

Why do people on here think Carle is some sort of Zidane?

He's crap and leaving in January :hi:

Stavros 69
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Agreed

Why do people on here think Carle is some sort of Zidane?

He's crap and leaving in January :hi:
He's better than Zidane

ZOHAR
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
CRYSTAL Palace midfielder Nick Carle turned down a recent loan exit from Selhurst Park - with an unnamed Championship club keen on securing his services. The Australian international has struggled for first-team action this season and is looking to seal a January move so that he can boost his hopes of being at next summer's World Cup finals. Palace boss Neil Warnock said: "A Championship club was interested but he didnt want to go because his wife has had a baby, which is understandable. Were hoping to move him in January. I think he wants to go abroad." Don't miss tomorrow's South London Press for the latest Palace news.

Stavros 69
07-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Gutted

thehalifaxman
07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Grrrr. Why doesn't the Aussie bastard just **** off! At least on Loan he'd get a game. I don't understand why people think he's something special. If he was he would have been given a chance surely. Also, why do people want Ertl out? Yes, maybe we could be more attacking at home but he is better than Derry at that role so should him being captain automatically assure him a place if we want to swap. Hill seems to be capable of forfilling the nutter in charge roll on the field. Derry has been pushing forward recently and I'm not having a pop at him but we do have better options for players doing that. When Ertl goes forward he does at least seem to have a reasonable shot on him when it becomes clear none of our players have got in any position to be found by a pass. I'm a Derry an Ertl fan admittedly but I'm not disullisioned as to who is the better player out of the two.

Celestial Empire
07-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Actually, IMHO, Ertl did some good work in the first half (in front of the Arfur), perhaps people sitting in other areas didn't see as well. In the second half, he kinda got lost in the general loss of shape of the team.
2+2 Bristol City wanted Carle on loan ?