PDA

View Full Version : Danns

Pages : [1] 2

kolinkins
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but was having lunch with an agent yesterday who told me that Danns is wanted by Sheffield Utd, Ipswich and one other CCC club. He doesnt want to leave, but (as is clear from loads of other threads) we have no choice. No chance of a decent fee either, about half a million is the sort of fee he was mentioning.

Gutted (if true). His work-rate is vital to us, whatever end of the table we need points for.

EDIT - to clarify, it wasnt Danns' agent I met. It was an agent reporting general agent gossip. Some interesting non-Palace deals in the pipeline too, to make for an interesting January

eagle101
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
:(

jb888
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
:veryangry

cpfcfan1
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
:sob:

eagle101
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
How long until this story appears in the Star? :rolleyes:

The Gerry Queen
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but was having lunch with an agent yesterday who told me that Danns is wanted by Sheffield Utd, Ipswich and one other CCC club. He doesnt want to leave, but (as is clear from loads of other threads) we have no choice. No chance of a decent fee either, about half a million is the sort of fee he was mentioning.

Gutted (if true). His work-rate is vital to us, whatever end of the table we need points for.

I think that there will be a story run by the agents of all our players, especially the marketable ones. This would be bad news indeed and if I were Neil Warnock, despite public shows of extreme loyaly to Simon Jordan as his 'Best Chairman ever', I would be privately gutted that having put a team together on a shoe string and got it to within two points of the play offs. I was then expected to field basically the youth team plus whatever freebies to keep us up. What an absolute shambles and responsibility stops where it belongs, at the top.
That said, and it chokes to say it, if anyone can keep us up in those circumstances it wouldbe Neil Warnock

Kirby
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I would be GUTTED if Danns left :( Probably more so than Moses.

Spikemeister
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I think we're all resigned to the fact that Moses will go....but it's players like Danns & Speroni leaving that will be the dagger to the heart....

TheArtfulDodger
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
One word ... bollocks

SpikeyMatt
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Can't we just give Matt Lawrence some dreadlocks and shove him in a car up to Sheffield?

Shipsisourking
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM

chatham_lad
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Bad times indeed.

ollie_porter
03-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Sad times :(

palacemaniac
03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
depressing news if true, but for some reason I don't think we'll lose that many of our best players in January

Mr Statto
03-12-2009, 08:12 PM
But would it be worth selling him for £500k? I know we're desperate for cash, but he's a key member of our team - how much extra prize money do we get for finishing higher up the league?

HRS
03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Lets just hold on a minute people. Its just a rumour, it hasnt happened (yet?). And anyway its not like agents dont manufacture storys like this to drum up interest. Not suggesting kolinkins mate is lying but obviously he himself heard this from someone else.

dannyboy1807
03-12-2009, 08:24 PM
i wanna hear what the other rumours they sound like fun

kolinkins
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Lets just hold on a minute people. Its just a rumour, it hasnt happened (yet?). And anyway its not like agents dont manufacture storys like this to drum up interest. Not suggesting kolinkins mate is lying but obviously he himself heard this from someone else.

This is true.

Archiebald Leitch
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Can someone please whisper the word 'Compromise' to the Chairman.

Big Blue Eagle
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
This is a similar figure to what we paid if it ends up being £500k or thereabouts so not too bad business for a player with a previously poor injury history and half a good season this year. Given that we played 4-4-2 on Saturday, a midfield of Derry & Ertl holding, and Djilali and Ambrose wide wouldn't be a disaster.

AJ
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I am resigned to losing any player that someone else wants to buy. If Danns is 500k, Ambrose 1m, that's 1.5m for the pot. I will be sad if either go, but, it may be a little exciting to see a completely home grown team run out at SP(or Norwood Rec) :D :sob:

pedro
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Can't we just give Matt Lawrence some dreadlocks and shove him in a car up to Sheffield?
Just send Scannell, more chance of getting away with it.

King William
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
family member of the Danns runs a local pub down here. i'll pop in friday night and see what he knows.

prizesucker
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
If true, would be a very sad event :(

But if i was a sheff utd fan i'd be asking just how much more money are the Sheff Utd board going to give Blackwell!!! :eek: :eek:

gold76
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
If true, would be a very sad event :(

But if i was a sheff utd fan i'd be asking just how much more money are the Sheff Utd board going to give Blackwell!!! :eek: :eek:

Indeed, Blackwell may not even make January

nickmurphy30
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
family member of the Danns runs a local pub down here. i'll pop in friday night and see what he knows.

KW - Are you in Southampton? Which pub is that then?

Seaside Eagle
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
This is a similar figure to what we paid if it ends up being £500k or thereabouts so not too bad business for a player with a previously poor injury history and half a good season this year. Given that we played 4-4-2 on Saturday, a midfield of Derry & Ertl holding, and Djilali and Ambrose wide wouldn't be a disaster.

If the rest of the stories going round are to be believed (surrounding Ambrose and Hull City) then losing Danns would potentially be quite the disaster :sob:

Sandowneagle
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Ipswich came in for Danns at the same time as they took John. As I put on that thread at the time (keeping Danns anonymous) I do not know why it didn't go ahead but just happy it didn't.

gold76
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
That would have been a body blow at the time, a kick in the goolies for confidence & momentum

Woodside_CP
03-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Ipswich came in for Danns at the same time as they took John. As I put on that thread at the time (keeping Danns anonymous) I do not know why it didn't go ahead but just happy it didn't.
Good stuff. Losing Danns would've been a far bigger blow than john. Would be interesting to know why he didn't go-perhaps warnock's influence on jordan. Really hope he doesn't go in january.

Freddy Kurz
03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
With the greatest respect to the originator of this thread, but are there no
circumstances where, for the good of our beloved club, we shouldn't put
Palace first and not pass on information of this sensitive kind. capable of
de-stabilising them even further?

What exact purpose is served by telling fans that one of our most important
players is wanted by some rival Championship clubs? Can we not assume
that any Palace player currently playing well and contributing to our recent
run of success well be on the wish list of such clubs and just take it as
read?

Palace fans at present are in a demoralised or anxious enough state as it
is without adding to their demoralisation and anxiety on the basis of a
piece of loose talk by an agent who ought to know better anyway.

To be candid, were I to hear similar substantiated gossip or otherwise
concerning ANY of our players connecting them with possible moves
to other clubs in the present crisis at Selhurst Park, I think I'd be
inclined not to pass it on to the world at large, simply because it
is widely understood that such speculation, innuendo and rumour
CAN have an unsettling effect not only on supporters but also on
players and has been known to affect performance levels & the
general morale of a club.

I have been greatly impressed by Mick Jones's excellent Blogs &
in particular the latest which was written at the very time when
the most recent financial crisis has hit the club and he has gone
out of his way to try to play down it's effects and to show that
it has been "business as usual" on the training ground and the
field of play, which should perhaps give all Palace fans a guide
as to how we should be receiving the current news coming out
of the club. Palace, whatever the state if it's finances are
still fully involved in a battle for those play-off places, and we
should not be allowing anything to divert our minds away from
that prime objective.

If agents of other clubs are taking an interest in our best players,
so be it, this just shows that we have a highly competitive first-
team squad. Meanwhile let the agents go to blazes, Palace's
players and fans must keep concentrating on our success on
the field of play.:lux: :lux: :lux:

Staines Eagle
03-12-2009, 11:43 PM
How long until this story appears in the Star? :rolleyes:

Or Tribal Footbullshit.

Kuqi32
04-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Did The Agent Say Anything About Nugent??

thefox
04-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I think that there will be a story run by the agents of all our players, especially the marketable ones. This would be bad news indeed and if I were Neil Warnock, despite public shows of extreme loyaly to Simon Jordan as his 'Best Chairman ever', I would be privately gutted that having put a team together on a shoe string and got it to within two points of the play offs. I was then expected to field basically the youth team plus whatever freebies to keep us up. What an absolute shambles and responsibility stops where it belongs, at the top.
That said, and it chokes to say it, if anyone can keep us up in those circumstances it wouldbe Neil Warnock

I take it you mean Jordan. He can't keep funding a business losing millions ,why should he, would you ? He has put millions in and wants to have some money left for a stable future and who can blame him. No one wants to buy the club by the looks of it and I doubt it has anything to do with the price tag. Economy, pretty much nailed on to lose money, ridiculous players wages, etc.
If you want to pin responsibility on someone, if fans want this or that player the responsibility lies with them to turn up and buy tickets and put their money where their mouth is. People should stop blaming Jordan who has done this far more than anyone.

sydnsteve
04-12-2009, 08:26 AM
What Jordan appears to have done, though his silence is deafening, is by his actions (HE is the cahairman, he has sanctioned the wages, the transfer fees, the debt) to bring the club to the position where apparently every player is for sale. At the same time he says he wants to sell a club in this position for £27 million. This makes RN's sale to Goldgberg look like a bargain.
If you have been in charge for 10 years (or however long it is), I am afraid the condition of the institution you are in charge of is your responsibility.

And I keep hearing that if we sell our players we'll have to do it to save the club. But in fact all we'd be doing is dooming the club, and having a short term fix. It appears there are interested parties out there, and if this is so what SJ has to do is realise there is no way he will get his £27million back, it is simply impossible. And if he gets rid of all the players, and as he does not own the ground, what on earth does he think he will get for the youth team?
I am afraid the reality is that as SJ guarantees the debt, whatever happens he is still liable, so he needs to wake up and smell the coffee, not hope to keep dripping the life blood of the team away.

thefox
04-12-2009, 09:08 AM
We are in a mess , but that's what happens in the stupid modern world of football with money grabbing players. Most teams that have tried to stay in or get back into the premiership are financially ruined. Watford, Charlton, Southampton, Coventry before the takeover and again I think i read, Derby, Norwich, Hull (will be), etc. Our current problems stem from never having a big fan base that actually goes to games except when we are in the top flight or looking like we will be, paying todays ridiculous wages to money grabbing players when we were there and the following seasons when we came down trying to get back there and not owning the ground.
Many players bought by Dowie and Taylor were over paid crocks of shite that added majorly to that problem, but under Warnock the wage bill has been slashed and I think we are actually in credit over transfer fees spent by Warnock. You say Jordan sanctioned them , but I'm sure everyone would moan if the Chairman started completely controlling who the manager can buy.

You want Jordan to step aside , face it he is the only reason we are still in business , no one else since Goldberg has shown an interest no matter what the asking price is.

Jordan wants £27 million , first of all do we actually know that is true and secondly can you blame him for not wanting to lose most his money when apparently most that he has left is in property which isn't apparently worth much anymore and thirdly I really don't think the price is the obstacle. The problem is even with a small wage bill and not spending anything on transfers we are still hemorahging millions. No buyer in this economy is going to take that on unless it is a very rich man who wants a play thing , but there are far more appealing alternatives. We simply do not have much other income except ticket sales which there are simply not enough of to make it worth buying the club. :sob: :sob:

Edit - His silence. It would be nice to be informed , but what can he say ? "We are losing milions" That won't really attract buyers. Or the imaginary buyer this week is .........

Baldy
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but was having lunch with an agent yesterday who told me

:S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S:

My best mate's girlfriend's uncle's postman has just told me that I was having dinner with Jordan last night who said that one of our players might go on loan to Charlton or Millwall at some point in the next 10 years.

However, this only a rumour.

sydnsteve
04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Baldy. How dare you post that on here! That rumour is probably the last nail in the coffin.

Popester
04-12-2009, 09:40 AM
What sort of agent was it? Travel agent?

The Gerry Queen
04-12-2009, 09:47 AM
What Jordan appears to have done, though his silence is deafening, is by his actions (HE is the cahairman, he has sanctioned the wages, the transfer fees, the debt) to bring the club to the position where apparently every player is for sale. At the same time he says he wants to sell a club in this position for £27 million. This makes RN's sale to Goldgberg look like a bargain.
If you have been in charge for 10 years (or however long it is), I am afraid the condition of the institution you are in charge of is your responsibility.

And I keep hearing that if we sell our players we'll have to do it to save the club. But in fact all we'd be doing is dooming the club, and having a short term fix. It appears there are interested parties out there, and if this is so what SJ has to do is realise there is no way he will get his £27million back, it is simply impossible. And if he gets rid of all the players, and as he does not own the ground, what on earth does he think he will get for the youth team?
I am afraid the reality is that as SJ guarantees the debt, whatever happens he is still liable, so he needs to wake up and smell the coffee, not hope to keep dripping the life blood of the team away.

Agree completely. Not all clubs in the league are in dire financial straits though a good few are in crisis. I doubt if Simon Jordan has actually invested that much in the Club ((£27m) though to be fair to him he has negotiated some really good deals on player sales AJ , Boyce and Hall for example. Only a skilled auditer could determine exactly how much he has put in or taken out. It is hard, though, to be critical of him as he is a rare animal. A lifelong fan who did put his money where his mouth was when it was needed. Sadly, since then, despite good intentions, he's made more wrong calls than right and the world of business is a ruthless place. It may yet be that his greatest sacrifice as a fan may be to save the club again and what remains of his empire by facing up to the business situation Palace and he are in and cut losses accordingly. He's only 42, very talented and his fortunes will rise again in better times for sure, as will Palace's, but both will do it alone and probably be better of for it.

pardew's shorts
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM

Zohar Returns
04-12-2009, 10:21 AM
We are in a mess , but that's what happens in the stupid modern world of football with money grabbing players. Most teams that have tried to stay in or get back into the premiership are financially ruined. Watford, Charlton, Southampton, Coventry before the takeover and again I think i read, Derby, Norwich, Hull (will be), etc. Our current problems stem from never having a big fan base that actually goes to games except when we are in the top flight or looking like we will be, paying todays ridiculous wages to money grabbing players when we were there and the following seasons when we came down trying to get back there and not owning the ground.
Many players bought by Dowie and Taylor were over paid crocks of shite that added majorly to that problem, but under Warnock the wage bill has been slashed and I think we are actually in credit over transfer fees spent by Warnock. You say Jordan sanctioned them , but I'm sure everyone would moan if the Chairman started completely controlling who the manager can buy.

You want Jordan to step aside , face it he is the only reason we are still in business , no one else since Goldberg has shown an interest no matter what the asking price is.

Jordan wants £27 million , first of all do we actually know that is true and secondly can you blame him for not wanting to lose most his money when apparently most that he has left is in property which isn't apparently worth much anymore and thirdly I really don't think the price is the obstacle. The problem is even with a small wage bill and not spending anything on transfers we are still hemorahging millions. No buyer in this economy is going to take that on unless it is a very rich man who wants a play thing , but there are far more appealing alternatives. We simply do not have much other income except ticket sales which there are simply not enough of to make it worth buying the club. :sob: :sob:

Edit - His silence. It would be nice to be informed , but what can he say ? "We are losing milions" That won't really attract buyers. Or the imaginary buyer this week is .........

Good post

Big Blue Eagle
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
:S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S:

My best mate's girlfriend's uncle's postman has just told me that I was having dinner with Jordan last night who said that one of our players might go on loan to Charlton or Millwall at some point in the next 10 years.

However, this only a rumour.

That is a pretty pathetic response. Kolinkins as good as names a source - a real breathing football agent and says that it is a discussion amongst that group. JHS then confirms that Danns was possibly off to Ipswich on loan with John.

As for the wider issue - pretty much every club in the CCC is in reality a selling club. Looking at our squad most would have attractions:

Speroni - top class keeper, contract length drives a decent fee

Butts - out of contract so possibly a free agent
Hill - see Butts
Fonte - good class centre half, certainly in the £300-500k bracket
Davis - probably less attractive as only just signed

Derry - see Butts
Danns - playing well, good record at this level if injury prone
Ertl - maybe one of the less atrractive options

Moses - 'nuff said
Lee - proven striker at this level
Ambrose - Premiership experience, great form, good investment for us

We then know the Clyne, Scannell, Hills and many of the other young players have their admirers.

We are playing well, on a good run, and have shwon we can compete with the best. That inevitably attracts people to look at our players and with the added financial crunch they will be available at a decent (not fire sale, not exorbitant) fee.

This is a fact of life, we have to get used to it until we get a sugar daddy.

GDP
04-12-2009, 11:20 AM
It doesn't surprise me to be honest. Any of our players, especially those in good form, are going to be there for the vultures come the transfer window.

sydnsteve
04-12-2009, 11:47 AM
That is a pretty pathetic response. Kolinkins as good as names a source - a real breathing football agent and says that it is a discussion amongst that group. JHS then confirms that Danns was possibly off to Ipswich on loan with John.

As for the wider issue - pretty much every club in the CCC is in reality a selling club. Looking at our squad most would have attractions:

Speroni - top class keeper, contract length drives a decent fee

Butts - out of contract so possibly a free agent
Hill - see Butts
Fonte - good class centre half, certainly in the £300-500k bracket
Davis - probably less attractive as only just signed

Derry - see Butts
Danns - playing well, good record at this level if injury prone
Ertl - maybe one of the less atrractive options

Moses - 'nuff said
Lee - proven striker at this level
Ambrose - Premiership experience, great form, good investment for us

We then know the Clyne, Scannell, Hills and many of the other young players have their admirers.

We are playing well, on a good run, and have shwon we can compete with the best. That inevitably attracts people to look at our players and with the added financial crunch they will be available at a decent (not fire sale, not exorbitant) fee.

This is a fact of life, we have to get used to it until we get a sugar daddy.

There is a world of difference between beeing a selling club, which we always have been, and a having to sell club, which we now appear to be

sheepy
04-12-2009, 05:55 PM
If we're prepared to sell for 500k there is no chance of us getting any sort of money to reinvest in the team. Losing him will be a big blow to the team, there are only so many first team players we can lose and still remain competitive in this league. We need to hold out for more.

Typical Palace
04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
The Gerry Queen, in what way do you think Simon Jordan is 'very talented'. Not saying he isn't just a genuine enquiry.

The Gerry Queen
04-12-2009, 08:24 PM
The Gerry Queen, in what way do you think Simon Jordan is 'very talented'. Not saying he isn't just a genuine enquiry.

Fair question.

1 Good negotiation skills selling players for instance and getting a good return eg AJ, Fitz Hall and Boyce... even Watson for £1.5/2m with only 6 months on his contract

2 Obviously a good venture capitalist/ businessman with an eye to a good deal at the right time as with his master coup with 'The Pocket Phone Shop' ( Not so good as a developmental businessman and not very good at man management )

3 Good media skills in that he knows how to keep the limelight and get his point accross

Can't think of too many more obvious talents but I'm sure there are several

I think my point is that he is young enough and talented enough to do it all over again in a 'Great American Dream' kind of way. If he loses most of his current concerns it wouldn't suprise me to find him at the cutting edge of some new project in five years time. I hope we can say the same about Palace

AJ
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Our current problems stem from never having a big fan base that actually goes to games

This is untrue....prior to RN coming on board in the early 80s, Palace always had a solid fan base. In the old 3rd Division for 3 years running, Palace had the best crowds in that league, with averages up around 18k. Palace used to hold records for the best supported game in the 4th Division and old 3rd Division South. After relegation from the old-Division One in 1981 the crowds went down and down, eventually hit rock bottom in the mid-80s with 4-5k average crowds. It's from then onwards that Palace have failed to have a solid fan base, although, I would say it's about 10-12k these days.

AJ
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
If we're prepared to sell for 500k there is no chance of us getting any sort of money to reinvest in the team. Losing him will be a big blow to the team, there are only so many first team players we can lose and still remain competitive in this league. We need to hold out for more.

I don't think there will be any reinvestment, period. No player will leave for that much money.

Chobham Eagle
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Fair question.

1 Good negotiation skills selling players for instance and getting a good return eg AJ, Fitz Hall and Boyce... even Watson for £1.5/2m with only 6 months on his contract

2 Obviously a good venture capitalist/ businessman with an eye to a good deal at the right time as with his master coup with 'The Pocket Phone Shop' ( Not so good as a developmental businessman and not very good at man management )

3 Good media skills in that he knows how to keep the limelight and get his point accross

1. OK
2. Not sure about that
3. Couldn't agree less!

David
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Danns is our engine, he is full of energy. If you take him out of the side then we are left with a big gap to fill.

Derry has become less and less of the player we saw only a month ago and he is becoming quite mediocre in the middle. Maybe he can't play alongside Ertl? I would like to see Danns in the Derry role.

Typical Palace
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
It wasn't long ago that I, and others were suggesting Ertl brought the best out of Dezza!

Thing with the silver fox, when he's bad he's rotten.

But he's Palace through and through and respond. It's only a few games ago that he was consistently our best player, and if he returns to those levels he'll be a PoY contender (perhaps favourite if Speroni and Ambrose are flogged... sob)

David Amsalem
07-12-2009, 12:51 AM
If you don't like what you read in this forum, just don't read it.

It serves it's purpose and I for one, am interested.

It would be an absolute disaster if we were to lose Danns.

dannyboy1807
07-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Danns apoligised on his Twitter for his perfomance yesterday.

GodstoneEagle
07-12-2009, 01:32 AM
well fair play to him then

glaziers fan
07-12-2009, 12:52 PM
It would be an absolute disaster if we were to lose Danns.

It wouldn't. He's a good player, but Carle and N'Diaye can both do jobs in centre mid. Even Ambrose could if we had any wide midfielders.

As for left mids we need to either play the one we've got or try to find a new one!

Gladys Allover
07-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Danns is our engine, he is full of energy. If you take him out of the side then we are left with a big gap to fill. Derry has become less and less of the player we saw only a month ago and he is becoming quite mediocre in the middle.Thought Derry was second best player behind Butterfield on Saturday. Danns was annonymous and i would have replaced him with Carle after an hour.

Celestial Empire
07-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I thought Carle played pretty well in his cameo, but then he usually does.
Problem is, he just doesn't dominate.

andy m
09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Fair question.

Can't think of too many more obvious talents but I'm sure there are several

I think my point is that he is young enough and talented enough to do it all over again in a 'Great American Dream' kind of way. If he loses most of his current concerns it wouldn't suprise me to find him at the cutting edge of some new project in five years time. I hope we can say the same about Palace

1. Appears to be correct, but when you consider the amount of money we've allegedly earned in transfer fees, and factor in 3 years of Premiership money, you have to wonder;

2. Got lucky. Won't do it again. The fact that he missed the same opportunity with Palace proves this;

3. Whether he's right or wrong, and in fairness he's often right, the rest of the world outside Palace think he's a cock because that is ACTUALLY how he comes across in the media.

sydnsteve
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
1. Appears to be correct, but when you consider the amount of money we've allegedly earned in transfer fees, and factor in 3 years of Premiership money, you have to wonder;

2. Got lucky. Won't do it again. The fact that he missed the same opportunity with Palace proves this;

3. Whether he's right or wrong, and in fairness he's often right, the rest of the world outside Palace think he's a cock because that is ACTUALLY how he comes across in the media.

Is pretty well the correct answer. His stewrdship could see us in the worst position since I've supported them. No players, no ground, in Div 3.

David Amsalem
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
It wouldn't. He's a good player, but Carle and N'Diaye can both do jobs in centre mid. Even Ambrose could if we had any wide midfielders.

As for left mids we need to either play the one we've got or try to find a new one!

Unfortunately, they can't do half the job that Danns is capable of.

...and I like both of them.

Danns is an unsung hero this season. Watch him go on an Ambrose scoring spree soon.

Aaroncpfc
10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, they can't do half the job that Danns is capable of.

...and I like both of them.

Danns is an unsung hero this season. Watch him go on an Ambrose scoring spree soon.

I'm not sure if he will go on an Ambrose scoring spree soon but from what i've seen this season Neil Danns contribution in build up play has just been as vital as Ambrose's contribution this season and I definitely cannot imagine Nick Carle and Allesaine N'Diaye doing the same role as good as Neil Danns does. I'd like to think that Danny Butterfield has been our unsung hero this season though when you consider most people rated him a League One player on the BBS at the end of last season.

cockles
12-12-2009, 01:17 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-set-to-raid-cash-strapped-Crystal-Palace-for-midfield-star-Neil-Danns-article252783.html

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is ready to snap up midfield dynamo Neil Danns from cash-strapped Crystal Palace.

Davies plans to do a cut-price move and pay around £300,000 for the far-travelled Scouser who is likely to be one of the first sold by the Eagles to pay their bills.

Forest want to strengthen their squad for a promotion push and Danns is the type Davies needs for the hard second half of the season.

Danns and his Palace pals are all available as owner Simon Jordan tries to pay the bills, with Victor Moses also attracting interest but valued too high for any of his admirers.

No direct quotes, but believable given that his contract doesn't have too long left and he will be quite a high earner.

If I had to choose, lose Danns or Ambrose - it would be Danns.
I think we can replace Danns closer with other players at the club, but not Ambrose. N'Diaye could for instance fill Danns' roll pretty well, and even improve.

alaneagle
12-12-2009, 01:56 AM
i can accept cashing in on ambrose and moses - as i feel we could probably stay up after that- but if we start accepting rubbish bids for other players like danns we're done- people like n'diaye and djiali etc are good cover for injury but clearly arent ready for that kind of responsibility yet- see southampton last year

cpfc4evandeva
12-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Personally, I think this guy is a bit overated. He has so much energy and good pace but whenever he's on the ball, I feel he never does anything worthwhile with it. Its also rather odd how all the goals he scored at Colchester have completely dried up, how many has he got for us? 3 or 4 I reckon.

I do like the way he does a lot of hard work in chasing players and the other day at Reading, Ambrose's goal was all down to this. But for me, I would like to think that we could replace him with a similar player.

CPFC_DAVE77
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-set-to-raid-cash-strapped-Crystal-Palace-for-midfield-star-Neil-Danns-article252783.html

No direct quotes, but believable given that his contract doesn't have too long left and he will be quite a high earner.

If I had to choose, lose Danns or Ambrose - it would be Danns.
I think we can replace Danns closer with other players at the club, but not Ambrose. N'Diaye could for instance fill Danns' roll pretty well, and even improve.

Disagree. When Ambrose's goals dry up people will start to question his missing moments a lot more than now. He's a good player don't get me wrong, but Danns IMHO is the better player over 90 mins.

AJ
12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Disagree. When Ambrose's goals dry up people will start to question his missing moments a lot more than now. He's a good player don't get me wrong, but Danns IMHO is the better player over 90 mins.

Don't fight over it, as imo I reckon' both will be gone by end of the season:(

CPFC_DAVE77
12-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Don't fight over it, as imo I reckon' both will be gone by end of the season:(

Quite possibly yes.

David Amsalem
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if he will go on an Ambrose scoring spree soon but from what i've seen this season Neil Danns contribution in build up play has just been as vital as Ambrose's contribution this season and I definitely cannot imagine Nick Carle and Allesaine N'Diaye doing the same role as good as Neil Danns does. I'd like to think that Danny Butterfield has been our unsung hero this season though when you consider most people rated him a League One player on the BBS at the end of last season.

I think Danns has goals in him. Whilst he hasn't had his finishing boots on in the last few weeks, he always gets into good positions. You're spot on about his contribution though.

As for Butterfield being an unsung hero, I have to disagree. He has had some good games for us this season but on more then one occasion, almost individually cost us points with silly decision making, i.e. giving away pens. Still, he is doing better then how I thought he would get on.

gold76
12-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Am I correct in saying Danns is out of contract summer 2011?

It would be disapointing if we are unable to hold onto him until at least the end of this season (Financial woes aside)

Happy Happy FC
12-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Chatting to an SUFC fan on the way home (i'm staying in Doncaster), the rumour is Danns, Ambrose and Speroni all three for 2 Million.

dannyboy1807
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Haha a laughable rumour

David Amsalem
12-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Am I correct in saying Danns is out of contract summer 2011?

I don't think you are.

Happy Happy FC
12-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Haha a laughable rumour

Yeah, thats what I said to him. He was smug C+@T.

Dingle
12-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Chatting to an SUFC fan on the way home (i'm staying in Doncaster), the rumour is Danns, Ambrose and Speroni all three for 2 Million.

If we only get 2 million for those 3 we really are in the sh*t. Speroni is worth double that on his own.

zonin2000
12-12-2009, 07:39 PM
The original rumour posted by Klinx makes sense given the Inner Circle Sports document.

Aaroncpfc
15-12-2009, 02:35 AM
I saw Neil Danns at roughly nine tonight at he told me he would do everything he can to make sure he would try his hardest to make sure that he would do everything he can to make sure we would finish as high as possible. In all honestly i've never seen somebody look so serious in my life. He even ignored his friends to speak to me directly. I don't think somebody in that posistion who's planning on moving elsewhere in less than two months time would have spoke to me in the serious tone that he did. This man does cares about this club and I hope every Palace fan cheers him for that reason.

Sussex Eagle
15-12-2009, 03:04 AM
he told me he would do everything he can to make sure he would try his hardest to make sure that he would do everything he can to make sure we would finish as high as possible.
:moo: :lux:

joyce the voice
15-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I saw Neil Danns at roughly nine tonight at he told me he would do everything he can to make sure he would try his hardest to make sure that he would do everything he can to make sure we would finish as high as possible.

who knew gertrude stein was a palace fan!

Vince Hilaire's Afro
15-12-2009, 03:44 AM
I saw Neil Danns at roughly nine tonight at he told me he would do everything he can to make sure he would try his hardest to make sure that he would do everything he can to make sure we would finish as high as possible. In all honestly i've never seen somebody look so serious in my life. He even ignored his friends to speak to me directly. I don't think somebody in that posistion who's planning on moving elsewhere in less than two months time would have spoke to me in the serious tone that he did. This man does cares about this club and I hope every Palace fan cheers him for that reason.

Did happy hour start at nine?

zonin2000
15-12-2009, 06:54 AM
It may well be out of his control...

Gladys Allover
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Just heard from my brother that Danns is having a medical at Southampton to complete a double deal with Fonte. Anyone else heard this?

El Aguila
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't see Palace much, but I was at the Boxing Day game and from that and highlights I've seen..... I think the world of Neil Danns. Extremely influential and vitally important - and would be very, very hard to replace.

kolinkins
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't see Palace much, but I was at the Boxing Day game and from that and highlights I've seen..... I think the world of Neil Danns. Extremely influential and vitally important - and would be very, very hard to replace.

Starts pretty much every move that leads to a goal

He, like Fonte, is better than League 1

Dave
09-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Just heard from my brother that Danns is having a medical at Southampton to complete a double deal with Fonte. Anyone else heard this?
Posted on other threads.

The Omen
09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I saw Neil Danns at roughly nine tonight at he told me he would do everything he can to make sure he would try his hardest to make sure that he would do everything he can to make sure we would finish as high as possible.

Assuming that is a quote, was he drinking? :D ;)

gold76
09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
A bigger loss than Fonte for me right now

A real driving force, was excellent on Boxing day. Really grim news :-(

The Omen
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Did happy hour start at nine?

Beaten to it... only by a few days/weeks mind :)

PALACEFAN
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Would be absolutely gutted to lose Danns - a great pro who is probably one of the hardest working players I've seen play for us. Has been vital to our campaign, in fact a good shout for player of the season do far.

SpikeyMatt
09-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Losing Neil Danns would be ruddy awful, though looks increasingly likely :(

The heartbeat of our side, fabulous ability and a great attitude to boot.

LeeH
09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
If other CCC clubs are interested in him, I can't imagine why he'd want to goto Southampton.

Anyway, gutted if this is true :(

sw16girl
09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
If other CCC clubs are interested in him, I can't imagine why he'd want to goto Southampton.

Anyway, gutted if this is true :(

Probably because they are prepared to pay upfront and have made an offer now when the money is needed. However I agree there must be quite a big sweetener to make it worthwhile for Danns to drop to a League 1 side as he doesn't have to agree to it (although probably a certain amount of moral pressure has been bought to bear).

kolinkins
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Probably because they are prepared to pay upfront and have made an offer now when the money is needed. However I agree there must be quite a big sweetener to make it worthwhile for Danns to drop to a League 1 side as he doesn't have to agree to it (although probably a certain amount of moral pressure has been bought to bear).

Same as with Fonte then. FWIH, we had two lower offers from the CCC.

SE25Eagle
09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Has Danns deffo gone, or is this just a rumour..?

montstar
09-01-2010, 03:14 PM
According to Danns twitter posted 10 mins ago...

dannzy1

Gutted the games off oh well, what to do today

So id say hes still here.... for now

spt1978
09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Might have a bet on Southampton to go up if they sign Dann's aswell. Guess this means Carle will slot into Midfield.

spotkick
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
We could well sell Danns, one gone from the defence now one from the midfield?

I regard him highly. His snapping tackles and recent eye for goal have marked him out as a player of the year.

The Fonte move was dissapointing and a suprise to loose Danns would be critical. I belive he fires the others up.

And then there is his work rate. Can anyone else match that?

500k would be a bargain for anyone.

If he goes then I will be annoyed and it really will look like Jordan is selling all his 'stock' before selling up.

All I can say is that I'm more behind the team than ever before. I'm getting tickets for the Wolves game and the fans have been the best in years this season. We have the right guy managing the team and if Jordan would just accept his losses and move aside we could perhaps move forward.

How dark before the dawn - C'mon you Palace!

GodstoneEagle
09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
We'd be making a loss on him too :(

Glazier69
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
We could well sell Danns, one gone from the defence now one from the midfield?

I regard him highly. His snapping tackles and recent eye for goal have marked him out as a player of the year.

The Fonte move was dissapointing and a suprise to loose Danns would be critical. I belive he fires the others up.

And then there is his work rate. Can anyone else match that?

500k would be a bargain for anyone.

If he goes then I will be annoyed and it really will look like Jordan is selling all his 'stock' before selling up.

All I can say is that I'm more behind the team than ever before. I'm getting tickets for the Wolves game and the fans have been the best in years this season. We have the right guy managing the team and if Jordan would just accept his losses and move aside we could perhaps move forward.

How dark before the dawn - C'mon you Palace!

Agree with this generally, but a bit harsh on SJ. He's put a load of money in and is entitled to try not to go to the wall, but that's for another thread. Losing Danns would be a blow but we have other midfielders who can do a job, albeit not with his guile & gusto.

So I also say... Come on you Palace! :sob: :( :) :lux:

Niel Smillie
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I really can't understand players like Fonte and possibly Danns going to a club like Southampton, who have only an outside chance of promotion this season.
This will mean they will take two seasons to get back to the level they are playing now and if you look at Leeds this is not guaranteed.
But what it does show is how quick you can change from a selling club to a buying one, when you think the Saints were selling their best players 6-9 months ago.

Glazier69
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I really can't understand players like Fonte and possibly Danns going to a club like Southampton, who have only an outside chance of promotion this season.
This will mean they will take two seasons to get back to the level they are playing now and if you look at Leeds this is not guaranteed.
But what it does show is how quick you can change from a selling club to a buying one, when you think the Saints were selling their best players 6-9 months ago.

and Leeds are on the up now after a couple of seasons regrouping. Look at Forest, also quietly building a top CCC squad after languishing for a few years.
All is not lost, it may be tough for a few years but I'm sure we'll rise once again.

jhc
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM

I don't think Fonte wanted to leave and I don't think Danns wants to either.
It's not their decision really. They are put in a very difficult position. Players have to be sold to save the club, although even that might not be enough.

Southampton made a firm offer for Fonte. If a Championship or Prem club (yes, I think he's good enough to play there) came in for him, I'm sure he wouldn't have gone to The Saints.

I think he had very little realistic choice in the matter.

mac daddy
09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
All is not lost, it may be tough for a few years but I'm sure we'll rise once again.

Im stating the obvious here but without a new owner it wont be a tough few years, we could be looking at being a relgation favourite for a very long time

stamford triumph
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't think Fonte wanted to leave and I don't think Danns wants to either.
It's not their decision really. They are put in a very difficult position. Players have to be sold to save the club, although even that might not be enough.

Southampton made a firm offer for Fonte. If a Championship or Prem club (yes, I think he's good enough to play there) came in for him, I'm sure he wouldn't have gone to The Saints.

I am sure that is right, although if you were going to a League 1 team, Southampton should be one of the first choices given their new owner, stadium, infrastructure and support. Even if they don't go up this season they have very real potential.

Niel Smillie
09-01-2010, 04:18 PM
QUOTE=Glazier69]and Leeds are on the up now after a couple of seasons regrouping. Look at Forest, also quietly building a top CCC squad after languishing for a few years.
All is not lost, it may be tough for a few years but I'm sure we'll rise once again.[/QUOTE]

This is Leeds fourth season in Div1 and Forest spent three years in Div1.
This is Saints first season in this division and as the two clubs above have found out it is not an easy divison to get out of, they don't bounce straight back.
But the difference I will admit with the Saints, they do appear now to have money to spend.

Voldo
09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Danns won't update twitter about any move - he isn't stupid.

eagle1980
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
500k for danns thats a real bargain.. i love danns. i was looking forward to going out tonite. dont think il bother now

PauLo
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
As much as it would suck to lose Danns, if it meant we could keep Victor a while longer, then so be it. It would mean that Carle (if he doesn't go too) or maybe Comley would have to step up.

He's not gone yet though, so i'm still at 'glass half full'.

Mickey Gilley
09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Hang on people, there's no confirmation of this and his twitter posts have implied that he's not doing anything today. There's no need for him to go to the effort of making that up if he's really having a full medical at Southampton.

It may still happen, but I'm getting the impression that this one's not yet a done deal.

LeeH
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Hang on people, there's no confirmation of this and his twitter posts have implied that he's not doing anything today. There's no need for him to go to the effort of making that up if he's really having a full medical at Southampton.

It may still happen, but I'm getting the impression that this one's not yet a done deal.
I really hope you're right.

eagles #1
09-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Haven't been online for one day, come back and we've sold Fonte and Danns may be on his way. I knew it was bad but when the players are actually leaving i think it really hits home. This is shit.

Bourne Eagle
10-01-2010, 08:05 AM

Agreed G69 but going by your user name you have been a long time supporter like myself and a such must find it hard that yet again due to mismanagement (and that is what it is however anybody likes to dress it up) we are in another perilous postion, so one has to ask the question how many times can we take this but more importantly where is the new support going to come from in these days of instant success and glory seeking.

Shes_So_Palace
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Agreed G69 but going by your user name you have been a long time supporter like myself and a such must find it hard that yet again due to mismanagement (and that is what it is however anybody likes to dress it up) we are in another perilous postion, so one has to ask the question how many times can we take this but more importantly where is the new support going to come from in these days of instant success and glory seeking.

My thoughts exactly, how many more times are we going to find ourselves in this position.

The club has been enormously mismanaged.

One thing is for sure, if someone is to ride to the rescue, they MUST buy the stadium.

GDP
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Bad times man, bad times.

Popester
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Whilst I am gutted about Fonte, at least I can feel that the sale might help the club considering the size of the fee being talked about. To lose Danns for £500k would be galling and a huge dent to any promotion hopes we had / helping us stay up if we go into admin.

Bourne Eagle
10-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Whilst I am gutted about Fonte, at least I can feel that the sale might help the club considering the size of the fee being talked about. To lose Danns for £500k would be galling and a huge dent to any promotion hopes we had / helping us stay up if we go into admin.

My only concern is if we do go into administration will we be as lucky as last time when everybody stuck together as even though it was not that long ago in footballing terms it may as well have been decades ago as the mindset has totally changed for most players and agents will be looking to ship them out at the first opportunity because if players don't get paid they won't!:(

917L
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Never understand people saying this

Its not like hes out of favour and going to be sent to train with the youth team

He's under contract to CPFC, if he doesnt want to go anywhere he doesnt have to

kolinkins
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Its not like hes out of favour and going to be sent to train with the youth team

It's not as simple as that

stevek
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM

So, say, the club say to him: Neil, as you know we're broke. We've had an offer of x from Southampton and they are willing to match/increase your current wages. We've got no choice but to accept it or we can't afford to keep paying you and your team mates. Is he really going to say 'no, sorry, I'll stay?

917L
10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
So, say, the club say to him: Neil, as you know we're broke. We've had an offer of x from Southampton and they are willing to match/increase your current wages. We've got no choice but to accept it or we can't afford to keep paying you and your team mates. Is he really going to say 'no, sorry, I'll stay?

Well he clearly didnt as he went

However, he could have refused to go

kolinkins
10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Well he clearly didnt as he went

However, he could have refused to go

It wasnt practical to not go.

Neckinger Eagle
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
None of us know Fonte and so we don't really know what his thoughts have been over the last few days.

I agree, he could have chosen not to go. There are so many things that we all take into account when chosing to change jobs. What are his job prospects if he stays with his current employer? Is he going to be financially better off? Even if he is financially better off, will the quality of his life improve if he changes jobs and potentially has to relocate, even if he is to earn more money? How much does this move mean morally, in as much as does he feel an obligation to move for his indebetness to the club and his team mates?

Look at players who could have moved to better things in the past and didn't (Shearer, Le Tissier, for example). Look at players who couldn't cope with a move when they did (Joey Beauchamp springs to mind).

Real life is rather more complicated when you get down to it. Football players are humans, after all.

HARRY MONK
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
sheffield weds have made a bid for him .

mcmean
10-01-2010, 01:34 PM
sheffield weds have made a bid for him .

With what? Thought they were broke too!

RedStripe Eagle
10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
that may be rumours as Irvine was in for Danns when he was manager of Preston, may be one of those 'who has irvine said he likes at his previous club.....therefore that is who he will sign at his new club - magic style journalism made up bollox' ..........well lets hope anyway........

rbarmy
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Let's hope none of this is true; IMO he has been immensely influential in our success so far this season, and 500k would be a poor price

palacejim
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
If we lose Danns I think we can wave goodbye to the rest of our season. For me, he's been one of the most consistent performers. Id prefer to get good money for Fonte and Moses than a pittance for Danns.

t_appletart
10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
agreed

eagle101
10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
With what? Thought they were broke too!

Yep, £26m in debt (apparently).

rossi71987
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Wow if he goes to sheff weds id be even more disgusted that the fonte situation. Danns hasn't been on his twitter at all today so maybe hes away signing for a club lol

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
that may be rumours as Irvine was in for Danns when he was manager of PrestonI thought this is why it really makes sense.

Palaceman95
10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow if he goes to sheff weds id be even more disgusted that the fonte situation. Danns hasn't been on his twitter at all today so maybe hes away signing for a club lol

or maybe he has a life :p

David Amsalem
11-01-2010, 12:38 AM
On the subject of Twitter, Ryan Smith just said...

contract is up on the 24th and I would like to stay at palace but I ain't got a clue what's going on right now ppl honestly! Up da palace

GreatGonzo
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Don't forget that come the end of this window any player who is still with us cannot be registered with another club until the summer.

If we cannot afford to pay them, and at worst go to the wall, then they will not earn money for several months. Might be unlikely but then if you have th same money being guaranteed elsewhere you reduce your personal risk!

eagles #1
11-01-2010, 01:09 AM
On the subject of Twitter, Ryan Smith just said...

contract is up on the 24th and I would like to stay at palace but I ain't got a clue what's going on right now ppl honestly! Up da palace
Why the hell does he want to stay with us? He never plays! Very strange situation with Ryan Smith.

eagle101
11-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Why the hell does he want to stay with us? He never plays! Very strange situation with Ryan Smith.

He has friends here, close to home, getting paid, and there has perhaps not been contact from any other clubs interested in taking him on at the end of his contract, is what I'd guess.

the digger
11-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Andrews69, I spy you. Whip out your believers thread!

Andrews69
11-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Seems like it could be the perfect time to bring it back! ;)

Hedgehog
11-01-2010, 02:21 AM
He has a pulse and a pair of boots... he will get a game soon.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2010, 03:10 AM
None of us know Fonte and so we don't really know what his thoughts have been over the last few days.

I agree, he could have chosen not to go. There are so many things that we all take into account when chosing to change jobs. What are his job prospects if he stays with his current employer? Is he going to be financially better off? Even if he is financially better off, will the quality of his life improve if he changes jobs and potentially has to relocate, even if he is to earn more money? How much does this move mean morally, in as much as does he feel an obligation to move for his indebetness to the club and his team mates?

Look at players who could have moved to better things in the past and didn't (Shearer, Le Tissier, for example). Look at players who couldn't cope with a move when they did (Joey Beauchamp springs to mind).

Real life is rather more complicated when you get down to it. Football players are humans, after all.

Spot on and i think he probably thought of how could effect his (team)mates if he didn't move. Whatever your view on the move is, he's helped the club big time:p

orp pisshead1
11-01-2010, 03:11 AM
I also think he'll break those pikey scum hearts at wembley.

Walrus
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I also think he'll break those pikey scum hearts at wembley.

Probably inserted as a clause into the deal :p

m_reid
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
people on the holmesdale.net are saying that he turned down a move to southampton

thereichstuff
11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
people on the holmesdale.net are saying that he turned down a move to southamptonIt is monday ! Doh posted before the edit .

m_reid
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
It is monday ! Doh posted before the edit .

haha yeh i forgot to check the date of the original post

gold76
11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I just hope that if as expected, Moses goes, we can retain Danns, at least until the summer, key man

Mickey Gilley
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Yep, we've all known that Moses was due to go this window, Warnock literally told us that weeks ago. I don't believe that our team this season is based around him though, in fact he could barely get in the team until November.

Losing the likes of Danns, Speroni and Ambrose however would derail us. They, and a few others, are the players this season's team has been built around.

KevMason98
11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
it's all a bit of a balancing act, but the priorities are:-

1) Don't go into administration
2) Keep as many good players as possible without jeopadising point 1
3) Get in the play offs or avoid relegation depending on how many we lose from point 2

Chris K
11-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I'd be gutted to lose Danns after having to wait so long for him to come back from injury and then seeing what a decent workhorse midfielder he is. Something has clicked in me today and properly ****ed off with the whole situation know. It seemed previously that we'd lose Moses and maybe the likes of Carle & John, but oh no, we are getting properly f'd in the a.

montstar
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Well Danns is starting video editing night school tonight, - From his twitter - that doesnt sound like someone that'll be moving to Sheffield soon - does it?

Clutching at straws I know

Eddie'S Dad
11-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Did we know about this?

http://www.dannzy.com/#

He's got tracks on there featuring Calvin Andrew, and one with Ryan Smith

Riccardo
11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Sorry, not been on BBS today - is he a Southampton player yet ?

Mickey Gilley
11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Did we know about this?

Brilliant! He can't leave now that I've only just found out about this. He sounds like Ian Brown!

Loving the Ryan Smith Rap. Those Calvin Andrew rhymes ain't too shoddy either.

Mickey Gilley
11-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Brilliant! He can't leave now that I've only just found out about this. He sounds like Ian Brown!

Loving the Ryan Smith Rap. Those Calvin Andrew rhymes ain't too shoddy either.

I'm slightly worried though. The repeated chorus line in the lead track 'survive' goes, 'I don't know, I don't know, I don't know how we're going to survive.' :(

Brixton_Palace
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Did we know about this?

If ever there was a case for auto-tune... :D

cardiffeagle
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
If ever there was a case for auto-tune... :D

There's never a case for auto tune. ;)

The Omen
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Did we know about this?

Oh dear :afro:

bendyjoe
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
You know, this is not the sort of music I like, but I actually thought it was kind of quite nice. But the autotune comment is one I agree with - hes as in tune as most of todays 'singers' would be without computer help. And he could do with some guitars with amplitube as well. Just to keep me happy. On the Marshall stack setting. Big time, innit.

m_reid
11-01-2010, 09:53 PM
some of those tracks aint too bad

AJ
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
If we lose Danns I think we can wave goodbye to the rest of our season. For me, he's been one of the most consistent performers. Id prefer to get good money for Fonte and Moses than a pittance for Danns.

I think the season ended when the club didn't pay the wages the first time around. It's been at least twice more since then and the season is only 5 months old!

Brixton_Palace
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
There's never a case for auto tune. ;)

Up until now, that's what I thought. :eek:

Danns has quite clearly sold it to me :o

Palaceboy222
12-01-2010, 01:48 PM
He has an interview on Palace Player, anyone care to share what he says? Would suggest that any move isnt iniment

LeeH
12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Player isn't opening properly for me, typical

thehalifaxman
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
oh, good to know palace player is still the god aweful shite that made me stop subscribing. Was tempted to get it again this year but with it being so unreliable. Had the commentary go on me twice (the only reason i bought it) never even bothered to try the interviews and other crap after a while. Nearly got it for a 4th seperate time when it became Palace Player, but same shit different label seems to be an accurate description

Archiebald Leitch
12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Training in the snow, its important to warm up.

Disappointed the game was off last Saturday but gave him a chance to visit some family in Liverpool.

Looking forward to Plymouth game.

Jose is a good friend and all the lads wish him all the best. 'We have to move on and concentrate on Crystal Palace'.

No hint of him moving. SO I guess he will be gone tomorrow! Some good footage of training in the snow so try and log in and watch.

Sandowneagle
27-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Plymouth want him.

Why he would be interested in them is a different matter.

Gooders
27-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Plymouth. lol.

Beckenham Boy
27-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Plymouth want him.

Why he would be interested in them is a different matter.

Maybe they can pay his wages

cpfcben
27-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Haha relegation rival now.

bigboy
29-01-2010, 12:25 PM
on sky this morn,southhampton back in for him

CPFC_DAVE77
29-01-2010, 12:32 PM
on sky this morn,southhampton back in for him

Inevitable. Fully expect him to go.

Biggineagle
29-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Jeez its like being raped................ I think

bigboy
29-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Jeez its like being raped................ I think

gonna be a tough ride till monday dead line,and then the work starts eh lol

Joe Knight
29-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Danns leaving is a bigger blow than Moses imho

Thin on Top
29-01-2010, 12:40 PM

Agreed

pauldrulez
29-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but it is a top 3 blow player-wise for the team.

We can replace a lot of players on this team, but Danns' energy would be difficult. Same with Moses/Speroni.

He's way too good for League One.

Abjekt
29-01-2010, 12:41 PM
100% agree.

He's been the engine of the team more or less all season.

Psychokiller
29-01-2010, 12:45 PM
He has to agree to go though, he probably won't fancy dropping down a division.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I like Danns but once again despite everything that's going on Speroni is not in the headlines. Despite all that's going on behind the scenes all we can do is support the club and try to make sure we are in this division next year. Speroni is our best chance of staying up. I don't like seeing players go but IMVHO he is the most important player in the side and others must leave it allows us to hold onto him.

Biggineagle
29-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I like Danns but once again despite everything that's going on Speroni is not in the headlines. Despite all that's going on behind the scenes all we can do is support the club and try to make sure we are in this division next year. Speroni is our best chance of staying up. I don't like seeing players go but IMVHO he is the most important player in the side and others must leave it allows us to hold onto him.

SSSHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:D

CPFC_DAVE77
29-01-2010, 12:56 PM

Oh hang on... No actually our 'keeper is really really shit... Butter fingers and everything... Awful, awful player...

That Stern John is one hell of a player though I'd be gutted if we lost him..

(I hope someone listening ;))

Palestinian
29-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Neil Danns has been excellent this season, so there is an inevitability that others will be looking at him, particularly if they can get him on the cheap.
Guilfoyle will need to raise a lot more than the £2m he seems to expect for Victor to keep Palace a going concern until the transfer window re-opens again. Danns, along with Ambrose, is probably the most marketable asset we have so, sadly, it will be little surprise if he goes. Hopefully, Guilfoyle will also tout him to the clubs that have been linked with him on this thread (Sheffield United and Ipswich) to up the price we can get for him.

Itís probably less likely that Jules will be off Ė even good keepers of Jules standards donít command that high transfer fees and we canít bring any one in and only have a youth keeper as back up. Guilfoyle wonít want to risk this as the end result could be relegation and a serious reduction in what he might be able to get for what remains of Palace.

cranesparkeagle
29-01-2010, 01:12 PM
those of you who thought administration might not be a bad thing...

delboy01
29-01-2010, 01:26 PM
One thing.

If the aligo loan is secured against players then surely any funds from the sale of players has to go directly to them as its a secured loan against the players.

Kind of like securing a loan against your house. You can't sell it and say I need the money to live. :veryangry

Jason
29-01-2010, 01:33 PM

To be fair, I don't think anyone sees administration as "not a bad thing". Just that some see it as an inevitable part of bringing the club back from the financial meltdown it is currently experiencing. Sadly, we reached the point of no return some time ago now, and the current situation is the near inevitable result.

Nobody is suggesting that the current process will be anything other than horrible, but it has been unavoidable for some time. All we can do now is get behind the team, make the best of the perversly enjoyable moments that will come as a result of this situation ,and hope for the best :sob:

Sussex Eagle
29-01-2010, 01:34 PM
To be fair, I don't think anyone sees administration as "not a bad thing". Just that some see it as an inevitable part of bringing the club back from the financial meltdown it is currently experiencing. Sadly, we reached the point of no return some time ago now, and the current situation is the near inevitable result.

Nobody is suggesting that the current process will be anything other than horrible, but it has been unavoidable for some time. All we can do now is get behind the team, make the best of the perversly enjoyable moments that will come as a result of this situation ,and hope for the best :sob:
There were a certain number of outright fools who posted that admin was the best scenario as it would mean we could KEEP our players and simply have a pain-free debt-shed :D

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Sussex, I don't remember anyone saying that, and if so it must have been few. What people did say is that admin would have been preferable pre Agilo, and I think that is doubtless the case, but that is all in the past, and Jason has it spot on. I just hope the heart is not ripped out of the team. If we really do only get £1-2 million for VM, this is a hollow victory for Agilo, as he would almost certainly have paid all their debt in the summer. Unless of course, they are angling for liquidation to get the ground, which might well be the case.

Sussex Eagle
29-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I shit you not, there were loads who suggested admin as a means of keeping Moses/Danns etc!

old git
29-01-2010, 01:51 PM
They should be named:eek:

CPFC_flake
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM
So will Danns will be pulled from tomorrow's game then?

cpfc4evandeva
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM

No he's not. He's shit. Rubbish. I want Flinders back.

Don't let anyone outside of SE25 think he's good, because he's not. Understand? :p

ugly and fat
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM

i guess we'll find out when they're warming up!!!!

cpfc4evandeva
29-01-2010, 02:05 PM

:) This.

Voldo
29-01-2010, 02:12 PM

Catch 22 situation.

CPFC_flake
29-01-2010, 02:22 PM
i guess we'll find out when they're warming up!!!!

They'll probably pull him off when he's running through on goal :clown:

Mad Raschic Ken
29-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Excuse me? There'll be kids there you know!

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Bloody hell, I knew the administrators had a lot of power at the club, but that does seem to be taking it a bit far.

stevek
29-01-2010, 05:11 PM

Not sure anyone said that. But it looks like Southampton will be getting two of our best players - which at least shows there can be life after administration.

Hampshire Hog
29-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Dead right. I remember the last time - there was a real feeling of togetherness. A club under siege. Young players playing out of their skins against all the odds. Its a feeling that Man U fans will never have, even the ones who actually go and watch

PALACEFAN
29-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Danns has been player of the year so far. Lose him and I think we're going down.

eagle1980
29-01-2010, 05:41 PM
One thing.

If the aligo loan is secured against players then surely any funds from the sale of players has to go directly to them as its a secured loan against the players.

Kind of like securing a loan against your house. You can't sell it and say I need the money to live. :veryangry

you can....i hada secured loan on mine once. once i sold my house it then came an insecure loan

thats why aligo loan called the admin in... cause they thought the sale of victor moses was gunna go to the inland revenue and not them

Stellavista
29-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Don't talk daft.
Nobody expressed any confidence that admin would be good for us, just that avoiding it was only postponing the inevitable.

johnbush
29-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Danns has been player of the year so far. Lose him and I think we're going down.
Not much faith in the rest of the team then, have you?

cpfc4evandeva
29-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Surely he should only be pulled off if he actually gets the ball in the net first.

Perhaps a new method of a 'goal bonus' :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
29-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Don't talk daft.
Nobody expressed any confidence that admin would be good for us, just that avoiding it was only postponing the inevitable.

I think some people actually were saying that, but only because they thought it was the only way to secure a quick takeover.

Of course if nothing materializes....

Niel Smillie
29-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Think some were saying it because they were worried that if we had gone to the hearing on the 27th, then we could have been wound up. No more club.

PALACEFAN
29-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Not much faith in the rest of the team then, have you?

What kind of comment is that?

So if I'm worried about us struggling after having 10 points deducted and losing key player I haven't got much faith.

Newsflash - this is going to be very difficult. Losing 10 points and key players makes things hard.

Jason
29-01-2010, 07:51 PM
What kind of comment is that?

So if I'm worried about us struggling after having 10 points deducted and losing key player I haven't got much faith.

Newsflash - this is going to be very difficult. Losing 10 points and key players makes things hard.

Agreed, it will make things very tough. In this situation though, there should be no ill will towards anyone who leaves (not that I'm suggesting you had btw), and all the more support for those remaining . . . . . . .whoever they may be!

David
29-01-2010, 08:03 PM
All so depressing.

The more quality players we sell the less of a favourable investment opportunity we look. Basically, who ever comes in would have to give funds to rebuild an entire playing squad.

PALACEFAN
29-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Agree completely

Shipp Ahoy!
29-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I have said to people before when he plays we play.

cpfc4evandeva
29-01-2010, 09:06 PM

This is worth repeating :D

hughff
29-01-2010, 10:23 PM
True. And I'm sure that every second he's on the pitch in red and blue, Danns will be trying to win.

At the same time, if Newcastle came in with half a million for him, the administrator would accept that bid. In all probability, he would then be gone. I hope we hold onto Danns (and Ambrose and Speroni) but each of them is available and going may help the club survive.

The Gerry Queen
29-01-2010, 10:31 PM
But if Warnock has made it his condition that Danns and Ambrose should stay then it is hardly suprising that Danns should feel that way. He is also entitled to his point of view and could well refuse to go as he is reputed to have done with Southampton.
Reality is that Warnock has probably said that in the short term that Clyne is more replaceable than Danns in terms of the relegation struggle and that if more sacrifices have to be made then Guilfoyle will need to work with his list.
I think that it is significant that Guilfoyle is backing Warnock. He got shot of Blackwell in 24 hours at Luton.

ANDYEAGLE
29-01-2010, 10:39 PM
But if Warnock has made it his condition that Danns and Ambrose should stay then it is hardly suprising that Danns should feel that way. He is also entitled to his point of view and could well refuse to go as he is reputed to have done with Southampton.
Reality is that Warnock has probably said that in the short term that Clyne is more replaceable than Danns in terms of the relegation struggle and that if more sacrifices have to be made then Guilfoyle will need to work with his list.
I think that it is significant that Guilfoyle is backing Warnock. He got shot of Blackwell in 24 hours at Luton.

Yes I can understand him backing Warnock even on his high salary. It shows he has some sense anyway.
I cant see though that he would take any conditions laid down by NW. We all know that what has to be done will be.

milky87
30-01-2010, 12:52 AM

As much as I love Danns this is a ridiculous comment. You only have to look at our performance at Newcastle to show that we are more than capable of a mid table + finish even after losing players.

We have lost better players than Danns and we will lose better players than him in the many years to come (that is not a dig at Danns as I love him)

New LP
30-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Losing Danns would be a blow, but lets be honest we know we are going to take some knocks at the moment.

If it's Danns and Moses who go and noone else then personally I would take that now.

lawsy_boy
30-01-2010, 01:18 AM
I remember when Danns joined, promising from day one, may have taken a while for us to see his best but now I love watching him play, sets the midfield on fire. I've personally got so many things crossed that he doesn't leave that I almost fell off my bed.

Billy Rhino
30-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I think the Danns & Derry combination has been pivotal to our success this season, and to let either go would be a tragedy.

Danns will only leave if he gets a significant pay rise, and who can give him that? Regardless of what fee the administrator accepts, he doesn't have to leave.

Bobsta
30-01-2010, 02:12 AM
If we keep speroni danns and ambrose we will survive! If not I think were in deep shit.

LuckyJ
30-01-2010, 02:29 AM
All so depressing.

The more quality players we sell the less of a favourable investment opportunity we look. Basically, who ever comes in would have to give funds to rebuild an entire playing squad.

cnt help agree...have all this crap about selling these players being "necessary", but we have to draw the line somewhere.

we need a team to carry on with, one worth investing in....solid member of the side AND a great player to have in the squad as an example to the younger payers comign through. plus...sheff utd have harper...too similar a player or me.

sheepy
30-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Losing Neil will be gutting but at the same time, having signed from a premiership club he's likely to be on fairly high wages.

I'd rather have something resembling a football club in 6 months to support than no club at all.

Losing Neil is goodbye to the form that took us into the top half. I'm not sure that we'd be dead certs for relegation. Yes he probably is the heartbeat of the team at the moment but all that would be needed is for someone else to up their game and fill this role. Yes there aren't a lot of obvious choices for who this would be but that's how we've gotta look at things at the moment.

Its just really sad we're losing someone who has such passion for the club and seemingly a lot of respect for the supporters.

glaziers fan
30-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Danns is more important than Ambrose.

Cake and Eat It
30-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Increased his value by a good 150k today.

ANDYEAGLE
30-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Increased his value by a good 150k today.

We should be getting bloody 2 million for him. Some hope.

The Southampton lot were at Selhurst watching him so we can expect a one million bid for him from them. He is too good for that leaque. I think he could make it at lower premier level.

Jason
30-01-2010, 05:39 PM
If that was his leaving present, what a gift it was!

BulletEagle
30-01-2010, 06:12 PM
NW said on Palace Radio he thought the Saints bid was "taking the piss", as were other bids, and that Danns wouldn't go for money, but for his career, and that Saints was a huge step down.

rossi71987
30-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Well at least danns can turn it down i suppose. These teams will be taking the piss with bids now. I hate all of them WANKERS

rossi71987
30-01-2010, 06:17 PM
They probably bid 250k or something

ZOHAR
30-01-2010, 06:17 PM
CRYSTAL Palace boss Neil Warnock has confirmed that Southampton are interested in Neil Danns - a story we exclusively revealed on our website.

But the Eagles manager says the midfielder - who scored twice in the 2-0 win over Peterborough - would be mad to go to the League One outfit.

He said: "Southampton have made an offer but in all fairness it is a backward step for him unless you are someone who just wants a few quid. I think Danns' career is a bit more important.

"Some of the other offers we've had for players have been pathetic. I just hope that the administrator and agent responsible for the offers knows what to do with them."

There have also been rumours that Wolves have made a double bid for Victor Moses and Nathaniel Clyne - something Warnock's post-match comments appear to have confirmed.

He said: "One Premier League club offered £1.5million for Clyne and Moses - they are probably trying to get all my players from playing against them.

"If my players want to go then they'll go. If they want to be here then they'll be here on Tuesday night.

"There have been a couple of derisory offers. I know what I'd like to do with them but I doubt the administrator will allow me!"

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=3478&headline=Palace

CPFC_DAVE77
30-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Oh south london
30-01-2010, 06:20 PM
It is going to be a very interesting few days. Lets just hope we can hold onto as many of our players as possible. Danns is crucial and I am pretty sure he is happy to stay at Palace so I have a feeling he could be staying with us. Moses will go and Clyne may well go which would be a shame. It is just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. To be honest I will be glad when this transfer window shuts and we know who we have to battle on for us for the remainder of the season.

rossi71987
30-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Wonder who this premier league club is????

paf
30-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Wonder who this premier league club is????

read this line again

"He said: "One Premier League club offered £1.5million for Clyne and Moses - they are probably trying to get all my players from playing against them"

jams1234
30-01-2010, 06:32 PM
PL club is Aston Villa, methinks.

I like his comment about it's completely the players' choice on whether to leave. Fonte and Moses look like they didn't actually have a choice, and that the future of the club depended on the sale. The other ones, not so much. If we don't have any more casualties, our season is back on track!

Spikemeister
30-01-2010, 06:36 PM
it's Wolves I reckon

dannyboy1807
30-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't give a shit who it was they should be ashamed of themselves for making such a pathetic bid

cpfc4evandeva
30-01-2010, 06:44 PM
PL club is Aston Villa, methinks.

Quite obviously Villa or Wolves. My guess is Wolves by the way Warnock worded it. Unless he is super confident of winning Tueday night :)

welshneil
30-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Losing Neil will be gutting
Don't worry, I'm still here!!! :p :p :p

CPFC_flake
30-01-2010, 06:51 PM
1.5 for Moses & Clyne!?! ******* *****

JamTheEagle
30-01-2010, 07:03 PM
1.5 for Moses & Clyne!?! ******* *****

I bet I can guess what the admin said to that... it rhymes with cluck boff

tbooker
30-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I bet I can guess what the admin said to that... it rhymes with cluck boff

Yes? :D

GodstoneEagle
30-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Danns must stay. He will become an all time legend.

hilairehair
30-01-2010, 07:51 PM
read this line again

"He said: "One Premier League club offered £1.5million for Clyne and Moses - they are probably trying to get all my players from playing against them"

Wolves or Man City then?

eagle101
30-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Wolves or Man City then?

Wolves.

All_Fired_Up
31-01-2010, 11:43 AM
;)

montstar
31-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Warnock urges him to stay!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11706_5903676,00.html

Sandowneagle
31-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Wolves also went straight to the administrator not talking to NW. P!as takers.

eagle101
31-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Wolves also went straight to the administrator not talking to NW. P!as takers.

For Dannsy?!