PDA

View Full Version : Do Palace have another Transfer Embargo?

DaveP
14-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know or can they confirm if we are currently under another transfer embargo? I just hadn't heard anything about it or seen any news that we had another one in place.

Panther
14-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't think we are though we're so skint we might as well be.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-12-2009, 10:45 AM
It's a bit like asking if Wayne Rooney is allowed to be the next poet Laureate.

The Gerry Queen
14-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know or can they confirm if we are currently under another transfer embargo? I just hadn't heard anything about it or seen any news that we had another one in place.

According to SW16Girl we are in our THIRD transfer embargo at the moment. However if we have managed to send a Christmas card with 40k in it to that toe rag Oster by now we may not be. I suppose that there is nothing to stop us let Kalou train on trial with us at the moment in the knowledge that when the blood suckers have been paid off we can actually offer him a contract. We will have agreed a few deals by Jan 1st for outgoing players so although all the cash is earmarked to reshedule debt payments, the very fact that there will be some sort of return to cashflow normality will permit the signing of one or two free agents to bolster the squad. Somebody will need to score the goals to achieve the 7 wins Warnock is targetting for safety this year.

sw16girl
14-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Neil Warnock said we were a couple of weeks ago - not widely reported but it was in one or two interviews. In many ways it is irrelevent due to the fact we can't bring people in now anyway and haven't any money to do so even if we could. As far as I am aware it was only the outstanding instalments to Oster and the others that were at issue then so it may be off by now.

However there is a big chunk of money due to Bristol City in December so don't be surprised if it is back on again soon even if it is off now.

Whyteleafe_Sage
14-12-2009, 12:05 PM
M'Bargo's obviously ignored the advice about "never going back", then...

Il Padrino
14-12-2009, 12:16 PM
He'll be due a testimonial at this rate

The Gerry Queen
14-12-2009, 12:17 PM
SW16Girl. Is the money due to Brizzle the last installment for Carle ? I guess it would be about 250k if it was. I wonder if there is a sell on clause for Carle ? Neil Warnock seems determined to offload him in the transfer window and I suppose Palace could ask Brizzle to wait until January to complete the whole sorry Carle saga ? In the present circumstances it wouldn't be unreasonable but again we are talikng about Brizzle so maybe not.

9Freedman9
14-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Didn't we pay Bristol? Think it's due to unpaid player wages still...

BulletEagle
14-12-2009, 03:29 PM
If we are in one why is Bonaventruessdashdkfasdmxsaiop Kalou on trial?

cranesparkeagle
22-01-2010, 10:48 PM
If we are in one why is Bonaventruessdashdkfasdmxsaiop Kalou on trial?

Is he a free agent? therefore it isn't a transfer?

chatham_eagle
23-01-2010, 09:11 AM
M'Bargo stops us from registering players. Whether the player is a free transfer or not makes no difference.