PDA

View Full Version : Barce target Moses

foxinthebox
14-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Just on sky sports news... think it was daily star. probably garbage but good press i guess, let the bidding war begin

orp pisshead1
15-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Excellent if true, we might get near full value, a loan back , a few loan signings off them:) and a pre season home and away friendly vs barca first 11. Probably means hes off to wigan for 1 mill.

foxinthebox
15-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Excellent if true, we might get near full value, a loan back , a few loan signings off them:) and a pre season home and away friendly vs barca first 11. Probably means hes off to wigan for 1 mill.

bojans struggling to get a regular run out!! ha, pre season friendly be nice though!!

The Stig
15-12-2009, 12:44 AM
At least he will stay in red & blue :p

foxinthebox
15-12-2009, 12:51 AM
At least he will stay in red & blue :p

and when they loan him back to dagenham n redbridge it will continue!!

cpfc4evandeva
15-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Hows about £10mil plus Ibrahimovic?

Or a straight swap deal with Pompey for Nugent?

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-12-2009, 01:03 AM
wow that a strange rumour. I know SSN is very weak in many respects, but it certainly has much more credibility than the Mirror or something!!

Good luck to Moses if he goes there, but I think he should ask for a loan deal to someone, whether in Spain or here if there was any ounce of truth in it and would be nice to get a top fee.

Whyteleafe_Sage
15-12-2009, 01:07 AM
There's probably some truth in this story - Barcelona went public in the Spanish press a few years ago with interest in Bostock when he'd just joined the Academy so they probably know a lot about VM.

Whether it's the right move for him at this stage of his career I somehow doubt - he'd probably go straight into their B squad, so would IMHO be better off moving to a club in the Prem, or staying with us on loan.

Tertius
15-12-2009, 07:38 AM
3.5 Million was the figure SkySports quoted. I love VicMo but if we can get that much for him I don't see how Jordan could refuse. We need at least that much just to stay afloat until year's end.

Brummie Allan
15-12-2009, 07:54 AM
:)Mixed emotions:( enough said.

Psychokiller
15-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Best situation for us would be for them to take him for £3.5m then loan him back to us. If he's going to leave anyway I'd much rather he went there than somewhere like Spurs or Wigan.

Maidstoned Eagle
15-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Best situation for us would be for them to take him for £3.5m then loan him back to us. If he's going to leave anyway I'd much rather he went there than somewhere like Spurs or Wigan.
Or Sunderland.

BulletEagle
15-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Moses for Messi?

Alpine Jr
15-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Weren't they after bostock as well? Problem is they'd see him as one for the future. I doubt he'd go straight into the squad but would be great for us cos they'd have the money to blow everyone else out of the water!

chatham_lad
15-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Bar Arsenal, Barca would be a good move for him in terms of the development system that they have in place.
As long as we get him back for the rest of this season; it could be the best scenario for all parties concerned.

nellis
15-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Hilarious

Big Blue Eagle
15-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Warnock was quoted yesterday as saying there was interest from Europe.

stinky
15-12-2009, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Barca. And they strike me as the kind of club that would blow that kind of money on a player and then loan him back. If Barca came knocking, and I was SJ, I'd make a cheeky enquiry about the possibility

cpfc4evandeva
15-12-2009, 09:25 AM
If he's going anywhere (which by the sounds of it, he is) I would certainly prefer him to go abroad so tosspot clubs like Spurs can't get hold of him and screw up his development.

Especially Barca. That would certainly soften the blow.

EagleSE24
15-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I can see Thierry Henry taking him under his wing as a fluent English speaker.

Clapham Grand
15-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Hoffenheim want him as well says the SLP

cpfc4evandeva
15-12-2009, 09:30 AM
How are Hoffenheim doing this season?

eagle mart
15-12-2009, 09:31 AM

No, Julian Gray will get envious, and probably start sending Henry drunken texts.

Il Padrino
15-12-2009, 09:32 AM
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=48751&headline=Exclusive:%20Barcelona%20interested%20in% 20Palace%20hotshot%20Victor%20Moses

Alpine Jr
15-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Hoffenheim want him as well says the SLP

Yeah, says that in the daily star story too.

The Gerry Queen
15-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I think that Barcelona would be a very good place for Victor Moses to go to. That or Arsenal. If there is anything in this and it does sound likely,then it would be good for him. The question is how much would they be prepared to pay up front and would they entertain a loan back ? If nothing else it could be the bid that ruled out a £1m cut price move to Wigan or Sunderland. If I was Victor I know where I would rather go.

Away Day Eagle
15-12-2009, 09:35 AM
How come some many people are that deluded that he'll be loaned back to us ?

It ain't going to happen.

cpfc4evandeva
15-12-2009, 09:38 AM
On a seperate note, Mark Hughes said that when he played for Barcelona he was very unimpressed with the club. He said that he was not made to feel welcome, no Catalan lessons were arranged and the club seemed very unorganised. I doubt many remember this but he did also go on loan to Bayern Munich and he said that they were the complete opposite - Super organised, welcoming and superb training.

This was over 20 years ago now so my guess is things are probably a bit different :D

stinky
15-12-2009, 09:38 AM

I don't think anyone thinks it will happen. I think people are just speculating, and wondering if it ever could. I for one was just wondering.

And it does happen. I've seen plenty of instances where a player has been bought then immediately loaned out. So I think deluded is a little strong

Icy
15-12-2009, 09:42 AM
If he's going anywhere (which by the sounds of it, he is) I would certainly prefer him to go abroad so tosspot clubs like Spurs can't get hold of him and screw up his development.

Especially Barca. That would certainly soften the blow.

This. I have no problem with Palace being Barca's feeder club. Spuds, Wigan and the Arse can go **** themselves.

Dingle
15-12-2009, 09:47 AM
As long as he doesn't go to Tottenham. Anywhere but Tottenham.

jhc
15-12-2009, 10:14 AM
£3.5M would probably keep us going til the end of the season.
Let's hope that all this supposed interest actually leads to a substantial offer.
We need cash - up front.

EagleSE24
15-12-2009, 10:17 AM
No, Julian Gray will get envious, and probably start sending Henry drunken texts.

Has this happened before?

palacemaniac
15-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Not a big fan of Barca, but would love to see Victor play for them, hope this goes through

Ralph
15-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I hope for Victor that this happens.

I hope for Palace this is for good money.

Gooders
15-12-2009, 10:52 AM
There's probably some truth in this story - Barcelona went public in the Spanish press a few years ago with interest in Bostock when he'd just joined the Academy so they probably know a lot about VM.

Whether it's the right move for him at this stage of his career I somehow doubt - he'd probably go straight into their B squad, so would IMHO be better off moving to a club in the Prem, or staying with us on loan.

Moving to a club in the Prem will be the kiss of death for his career - see Soares, Routledge, Gray, Watson, Bostock - the Premier League is littered with kids from the lower leagues that can't get a game - it's why the gulf gets bigger and why the matches in the Championship are mostly tedious affairs.

stinky
15-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Moving to a club in the Prem will be the kiss of death for his career - see Soares, Routledge, Gray, Watson, Bostock - the Premier League is littered with kids from the lower leagues that can't get a game - it's why the gulf gets bigger and why the matches in the Championship are mostly tedious affairs.

If I were a teacher, and I was marking this post, I'd give it an 8 out of 10, and a Well Done

chelmsfordeagle
15-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Warnock was quoted yesterday as saying there was interest from Europe.

this is probably the quote the star have used to come up with barcalona.

BVB Bob
15-12-2009, 11:31 AM
How are Hoffenheim doing this season?

Off the top of my head they are about 6th, a few points off a Europa Spot. Wouldn't be a bad move for Victor. They have a reputation for good football and are also known for putting youngsters into the team as soon as they can, providing they are good enough of course. I could see him being a big star there, if only because it seems that most right backs in Germany hate to see someone running at them!

Kirby
15-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I appreciate Hoffenheim are doing well and possess a lot of money but if he ended up going to a pretty much unknown club like them in the German league I'd be pretty upset. Not sure why. I think I'd just like to see him on the big stage. If he went to Barca I'd love it.

stinky
15-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Already been posted by Il Pad on page 2

EDIT: bloody hell James, you removed your post quickly! Ignore my post

gold76
15-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Would be a fantastic opportunity for Victor & bring some much needed coffers to the club.

Palace Rebel
15-12-2009, 12:01 PM
If i was him i would jump at it, nice city to live in, best club in the world. Nobody in there right mind could moan about him doing that.

Moving to Wigan would hurt.

stinky
15-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Of course, we all need to remember this is just speculation. There's still every chance no one from Europe will lodge a bid and every chance he will end up at a Wigan, or a Sunderland, or a Spurs. But lets hope he doesn't and he moves to a decent team

davematt
15-12-2009, 12:07 PM

Yep. If a team like Arsenal/Barca are to invest in him, they will want to develop him under their own philosophies (Which in the past have been pretty successful :D).

A move would to Barcelona would be absolutely incredible for Victor; no doubt. Not just for footballing education, but for general life culture. He could also learn quite a bit from that Argentinian lad...

EMLEY EAGLE
15-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I am sure Henry would always be there to give him a hand.............

pap
15-12-2009, 01:12 PM
The Spanish league would suit him well, he would have time and space to attack defenders.
Really hope he goes to Barca or Arsenal to develop his career, and hopefully get a decent fee, plus sell on clause ;)

stinky
15-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The Spanish league would suit him well, he would have time and space to attack defenders.
Really hope he goes to Barca or Arsenal to develop his career, and hopefully get a decent fee, plus sell on clause ;)

And Champions League Winner clause

Icy
15-12-2009, 01:21 PM
And Champions League Winner clause

No point in having "winner" clauses if he goes to the Arse

limited_edition
15-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm surprised at this given Barca have Bojan and Pedrito coming through in roughly the same position as our VicMo. They've given up on Robinho, then.

pardew's shorts
15-12-2009, 01:25 PM

CPFC_DAVE77
15-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Not every PL club. Arsenal, in particular, would be fantastic for his development.

He plays for England though, although born in Nigeria so he'll probably be foreign enough for them.

El Aguila
15-12-2009, 01:34 PM
The Catalan press is running this story (http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=670623&idseccio_PK=803). Seems a bit odd to me that they are proposing Vic as an alternative to Robinho (because Robinho would presumably go straight into the first team squad whereas Victor surely won't).

pardew's shorts
15-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Cleon
15-12-2009, 01:40 PM
The Catalan press is running this story (http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=670623&idseccio_PK=803). Seems a bit odd to me that they are proposing Vic as an alternative to Robinho (because Robinho would presumably go straight into the first team squad whereas Victor surely won't).

What makes me laugh is that they quote the Daily Star as if it it were a reputable source of news! Do they not realise the state of our media these days?!

AJ
15-12-2009, 04:34 PM
The only issue I see if that VM is 19 and after his problems in Nigeria with his family he may not want to be separated from his adopted family.
Great chance for any kid.

Can't Palace loan him to Barca for 1 year for 1m?

gold76
15-12-2009, 04:40 PM
The only issue I see if that VM is 19 and after his problems in Nigeria with his family he may not want to be separated from his adopted family.
Great chance for any kid.

Can't Palace loan him to Barca for 1 year for 1m?

Surely the financial would compensate?
I'm sure his family members may accompany him so he doesn't get homesick.

cockles
15-12-2009, 05:04 PM

That's when he's not using his wing to keep balls in play ;)

cockles
15-12-2009, 05:06 PM
....Mark Hughes said that when he played for Barcelona he was very unimpressed with the club. He said that he was not made to feel welcome, no Catalan lessons were arranged and the club seemed very unorganised.....

Venables? (spit)

George Tasker
15-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I appreciate Hoffenheim are doing well and possess a lot of money but if he ended up going to a pretty much unknown club like them in the German league I'd be pretty upset. Not sure why. I think I'd just like to see him on the big stage. If he went to Barca I'd love it.

He wouldn't be on the big stage.. for a while, be developing on a smaller stage first. I imagine.

Celestial Empire
15-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Or Sunderland.

All of whom would then loan him back to QPR.:rolleyes: :grrr:

davematt
15-12-2009, 05:24 PM
The great thing from this move would be the potential of MASSIVE add on's i.e. Champions League performances, Senior International Apperances etc...

jams1234
15-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I must admit, I would be over the moon if this were to happen.

It is inevitable that Victor will be leaving us in the near future, and Barca would always be my first choice for him to go for. A team with a proven track record for getting the potential out of great youth, not to mention that they are the best team in the world(but most importantly play in red and blue!).

I can imagine that they would pay a decent fee, and Barca is imo the best club he could go to aswell. I am certain that they could make him world class there.

Assuming he does go though, I doubt he would get loaned back to us. It all depends on what level they believe that Victor is capable of playing at at the moment;they signed Keirrison, a young Brazilian in the Summer and rather than sending him back to his old club in Brazil for a loan deal, he moved to Benfica, presumably to adapt to Europe.

Who knows, we could get him back, although more likely he'd go to a mid-table side in their top flight, in Europe, or just stay at Barca and have a few appearances.

I'm getting way ahead of myself! :D

But yes, this is great news :lux:

PalaceForever
15-12-2009, 05:29 PM
If he has to leave, I can't think of a better place for him to go.

El Aguila
15-12-2009, 05:29 PM
On a seperate note, Mark Hughes said that when he played for Barcelona he was very unimpressed with the club. He said that he was not made to feel welcome, no Catalan lessons were arranged and the club seemed very unorganised.
You should hear what they say about Mark Hughes.

CPFC_DAVE77
15-12-2009, 05:31 PM
You should hear what they say about Mark Hughes.

"He was a decent enough player, but he kept doing funny things with sheep..."

pistol
15-12-2009, 06:26 PM

That was trickyricky :D

AJ
15-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Was he the son of a Welsh farmer?:o

Mind you, I think he had a pretty poor scoring record as a striker, 1 in 5ish.

Kirby
15-12-2009, 07:21 PM
He wouldn't be on the big stage.. for a while, be developing on a smaller stage first. I imagine.

Yeah that's true. Although I'm sure he'd get the odd first team opportunity here and there. I went to Barca v Betis last season and Bojan was absolute shit so I'd expect Vic to be given a few run-outs.

LLCOOLSTEVE
15-12-2009, 07:39 PM
lol he would never get in their team

Away
15-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Wouldn't Barca do well to buy the whole club?

SpikeyMatt
15-12-2009, 07:49 PM

Considering him and Bojan Krkic both starred in the same international youth tournament, joint top scorers IIRC, what's to say he couldn't make the bench?

Vic going to Barcelona would be an incredible opportunity, as well as a shining example of how highly rated our academy products are.

Still, a long way off happening.

917L
15-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Considering him and Bojan Krkic both starred in the same international youth tournament, joint top scorers IIRC, what's to say he couldn't make the bench?

He isnt even a fixture in the Palace first team

Barca, may buy him to develop but 1st team squad seems far fetched

SpikeyMatt
15-12-2009, 08:33 PM

He's 19, if Barca don't see something in him in the medium term (at the longest), they're not going to be interested in him, are they? Or are they going to throw him on the pile of their other talented youngsters in their ressies and hope he develops, only to throw him to the scrapheap if things don't work out?

It's a tough one, but the way the game is played in Spain, who's to say Victor wouldn't be a bench option for Barca?

Maximus Dowieus
15-12-2009, 09:08 PM
If Barcelona are genuinely interested and made an offer would this attract an auction bringing in other big clubs I wonder? Increasing the chances of Palace getting more money. We can but hope.

One other thing, if it did happen I cant imagine Barca would loan him back to us. Firstly, we wouldnt be able to afford the wages he'd be on and secondly they would want to send him to a different club to aid his development.

philsick
15-12-2009, 09:11 PM
They got sent a video of him by an agent and they haven't binned it.

limited_edition
15-12-2009, 10:41 PM
He's 19, if Barca don't see something in him in the medium term (at the longest), they're not going to be interested in him, are they? Or are they going to throw him on the pile of their other talented youngsters in their ressies and hope he develops, only to throw him to the scrapheap if things don't work out?

It's a tough one, but the way the game is played in Spain, who's to say Victor wouldn't be a bench option for Barca?Pep (Guardiola) has blooded Pedrito and Buquets as well as given Bojan starts (although, I think the latter made his Barca debut under Rijkaard) so he's not adverse to giving kids a chance if needed.

Celestial Empire
15-12-2009, 11:58 PM
They got sent a video of him by an agent and they haven't binned it.

Barcelona will be well aware of Vic from the U17 tournaments.

Kirby
16-12-2009, 12:06 AM

You don't think he'd be given the odd run out in cup games?

As one of the countries brightest talents I don't see why not. Like Spikey said, he was joint top scorer with Bojan at the same youth tournament. When I saw Bojan live last year he was terrible.

thefox
16-12-2009, 07:15 AM

It does seem a bit far fetched, but they have enough money to give it a try. I can't see them paying anymore than £3 million though.
If there is any truth in it I think they might just be thinking of trying their luck on someone they can get cheap in a desperate sale.

He would get more time on the ball out there wouldn't he , allowing him to play and entertain the crowds maybe in the future , but in the reserves for now.

thefox
16-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Barcelona will be well aware of Vic from the U17 tournaments.

weren't they interested when he was 15 or was that bull ?

Maidstoned Eagle
16-12-2009, 08:46 AM
weren't they interested when he was 15 or was that bull ?
Not sure we've had anyone called Bull in the squad in the last few years.

gold76
16-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Perhaps they'll buy him & lend him to a lowly team next season?
Getafe or Cadiz or some such place

kolinkins
16-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Mark Hughes was asked about Moses yesterday, and he refused to deny his interest

cpfc4evandeva
16-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Mark Hughes was asked about Moses yesterday, and he refused to deny his interest
That would not be good imo. For him at least.

leesaw
16-12-2009, 12:24 PM
From Tribal Football (make of this what you like)

Barca want to discuss a loan deal with Palace for the 19 year-old with the view to a permanent deal in June. The European champs want to see how Moses acclimatises to life in Spain before committing to a fee.

Barca are willing to pay around £2 million for a six-month loan fee for Moses.

Whyteleafe_Sage
16-12-2009, 12:40 PM
From Tribal Football (make of this what you like)

Barca want to discuss a loan deal with Palace for the 19 year-old with the view to a permanent deal in June. The European champs want to see how Moses acclimatises to life in Spain before committing to a fee.

Barca are willing to pay around £2 million for a six-month loan fee for Moses.

I think that would work well for all parties. No reason why VicMo wouldn't acclimatise to life in Spain - after all he came from Nigeria to the UK so swapping the cold of Croydon for Barcelona wouldn't be any great hardship. Also, a lot of Nigerian footballers seeking their fame and fortune in Europe seem to end up in Spain for some reason so there must be something in it...

Playingwise he already gets fouled regularly so Spanish defenders would probably hold no fears for him...

CPFC_R_GREAT
16-12-2009, 12:42 PM
This is getting quite interesting now...

Putting Moses on the same level as Robhino is really quite a merit for the young lad...

and £2m for six-months with presumably a little more after that to make the move permanent would be nice...

Saying that, it's all hear-say and no proof what so ever!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-12-2009, 12:49 PM
This is getting quite interesting now...

and £2m for six-months with presumably a little more after that to make the move permanent would be nice...

Yeah, that money for 6 month loan would be amazing! But I still doubt any of it will happen - but the weird thing is teh story seems to be getting carried a lot at the moment.

My Spanish friend from Barcelona has read about it in the Spanish news too

Kirby
16-12-2009, 12:56 PM
That story is an absolute load of bollocks for 2 reasons.

1) £2m for a 6-month loan from Crystal Palace? Are you actually taking this seriously?!

2) It's from tribalfootball.com - the biggest bullshit website in football.

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-12-2009, 01:05 PM
lol :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Champ Man hits the BBS

red&blue_moomin
16-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I am amazed and frankly a bit appalled that you lot are glossing over the considerations for Victor. Barca is a great move for us probaby a total disaster for Victor. His parents were murdered at a young age so thats one mass of mental problems that he has done well to cope with, he has good fortune to have a supportive adoptive family behind him. Removing him from that at the age of 18 and going to a foreign country were he can't speak the language and is culturaly different from his original home land and his adopted home land, is a big ask. Given that we know that he is exceedingly shy anyway and is very much a confidence player. If Victor was older and had gotten used to living on his own maybe just maybe but he has only just moved out of home, imagine doing that at 18 in a foreign land its takes a certain type of personality to be able to do that. I can't say that I think Victor has that personality. Discuss!!

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-12-2009, 01:13 PM
ps. I hope im made to look like a fool and they give us £10mill for him

kolinkins
16-12-2009, 01:15 PM
ps. I hope im made to look like a fool

Fear not, you have been doing that to yourself for 2 years.

sydnsteve
16-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I hardly think a 6 month loan deal would be a total disaster for VM. In fact it would make great sense for all sides. However, the figures mentioned are a nonsense.
If City really are interested, that certainly ups the ante. If they do flog Robhinho, they might well go for Vic. It would be a gamble well worth their while.
All a massive shame, as we won't see a fantastic talent, and SJ will simply stick the mony down an unpluggable hole.

st albans
16-12-2009, 01:22 PM
i cannot see what barca have seen in moses to even consider signing him, sorry

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Fear not, you have been doing that to yourself for 2 years.
:D :p

NateEagle
16-12-2009, 01:40 PM
i cannot see what barca have seen in moses to even consider signing him, sorry

What? You mean apart from being our best attacking player (even when played out of position) when he's on form! Admittedly he has been very temperamental but he is only 18 remember. He shows immense potential to be a quality player by the time he's in his early 20's.

ThisIsDoM
16-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Although I really want him to stay, it would also be nice to see him move to one of the biggest clubs in the world especially such a glamorous one like Barca but I really can't see this happening. He'll probably end up at someone like Sunderland or Wigan.

Stavros 69
16-12-2009, 03:37 PM
:D :p
Jesus Steve laughing at yourself, whatever next.
PK round the Queens for tea ??

PhyshtaMagishta
16-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I am amazed and frankly a bit appalled that you lot are glossing over the considerations for Victor. Barca is a great move for us probaby a total disaster for Victor. His parents were murdered at a young age so thats one mass of mental problems that he has done well to cope with, he has good fortune to have a supportive adoptive family behind him. Removing him from that at the age of 18 and going to a foreign country were he can't speak the language and is culturaly different from his original home land and his adopted home land, is a big ask. Given that we know that he is exceedingly shy anyway and is very much a confidence player. If Victor was older and had gotten used to living on his own maybe just maybe but he has only just moved out of home, imagine doing that at 18 in a foreign land its takes a certain type of personality to be able to do that. I can't say that I think Victor has that personality. Discuss!!

I'll admit I hadn't really thought about it like that. Footballing wise it would be a fantastic move for him, but psychologically it could be the breaking of him. If things don't work out you could imagine it ruining him. Think Barca would have to really make sure they support him properly. If the Mark Hughes story I read the other day is to be believed then it could be a very bad move! Having said that you'd hope they would've sorted their act out a bit since then.

By the way that story about 2mil for a six month loan? Are people really believing that?! You're all insane. Why on earth would they do that?! They could probably just buy him outright for about 1mil more anyway! I'm gonna be seriously surprised if we get anymore than 3-4million for him, and that's only if this barca and man city interest is actually genuine... All things considered maybe Arse would be the best place for him? Are they serious contenders to sign him?

Funk Butter
16-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm surprised at this given Barca have Bojan and Pedrito coming through in roughly the same position as our VicMo. They've given up on Robinho, then.
So they can just move that 25M they were gonna pay for Robinho over to pay for Moses.

cranesparkeagle
16-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Be great if this jacks up the price

Barbara4003
16-12-2009, 09:35 PM

That was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw this thread. Maternal stuff and all that.

But of course he doesn't have to go, I don't think. Surely the final decision is down to Victor himself.

cranesparkeagle
16-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I realise what I wrote just above was a little cold blooded but...
All the indications are that sooner or later we will have to trade Victor whether we like it or not. Sadly it wont exactly be Victors choice either unless it be between a couple of premier league sides offering similar money. I have to ask though whether Victor would be worse of with Barcelonas feeder side than going to Spurs or Sunderland. Barcelona are quite capable of treating young foreigners decently. They nurtured Messi and Boban from a very young age. Anyone think Spurs would be better? The chances are he would end up at QPR or Orient or something.
From our point of view judging by what I read Barcelona are offering us rather closer to Victors true worth than anyone else

PhyshtaMagishta
16-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Is this interest actually genuine though? the only sources i've heard people mention so far are from the daily star, and tribal football.com or whatever its called?
It all smells a bit like bull to me?

More I think about it I do think the Arse would be the ideal team for him to join. Would hardly have to move and he'd get some game time most probably quite early on, rather than having to wait years somewhere like Barca, or not get it at all going to Spudz

orp pisshead1
16-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Surely the final decision is down to Victor himself.

No we're skint:D , joking of course i think vast majority of palace fans knowing what VM has gone through in his young life would want whats best for the kid:p .

philsick
16-12-2009, 10:51 PM
The best thing for vic moses is to stay at palace and this can happen if someone takes over before he's sold.I'm still hopeful this will happen.

rbarmy
16-12-2009, 11:00 PM

It is a good point, but I would guess that either the famly would move with him, or the club would arrange for suitably supportive lodgings - also Barcelona is not only a fairly cosmopolitan place but not much harder to get to and from home than it would be were he in Manchester; can't think of anything much better when you are 18 than to be away from home and doing well for youself

chatham_eagle
16-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Just looking at Barca's reserve team, they already have a Nigerian player. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Onyema
Could be a mentor for Victor, if he does go.

rbarmy
16-12-2009, 11:36 PM
They are even covering this in Vietnam :D
Thông tin vừa được đăng tải trên tờ Sport cho hay, Barcelona đang dành cho tiền đạo Victor Moses của Crystal Palace một sự quan tâm đặc biệt. Được biết, trước mắt BLĐ Barca dự định sẽ bỏ ra 2 triệu bảng để thuyết phục các đối tác phía Crystal Palace cho họ mượn Victor Moses trong ṿng 6 tháng, sau đó họ mới tính đến chuyện mua đứt chân sút mới 19 tuổi này.

Pat of the Palace
16-12-2009, 11:38 PM
The reserve system here is not the same as in England. The Barça B team doesn't contain the lads who make the bench for the first team.
Barça B's standard would be worse than Palace IMHO

cpfc4evandeva
17-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Thông tin vừa được đăng tải trên tờ Sport cho hay, Barcelona đang dành cho tiền đạo Victor Moses của Crystal Palace một sự quan tâm đặc biệt. Được biết, trước mắt BLĐ Barca dự định sẽ bỏ ra 2 triệu bảng để thuyết phục các đối tác phía Crystal Palace cho họ mượn Victor Moses trong ṿng 6 tháng, sau đó họ mới tính đến chuyện mua đứt chân sút mới 19 tuổi này.

That is awesome! :p

Bintang
17-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Using Google translate:

"Information has been posted on the sheets for Sport, Barcelona is for striker Victor Moses of Crystal Palace a special interest. Known, immediate BLD Barca plan to spend £ 2 million to persuade its partners to the Crystal Palace Victor Moses for their loan within 6 months, passed before they consider buying a new dip 19 feet off this."

cpfc4evandeva
17-12-2009, 10:17 AM
"passed before they consider buying a new dip 19 feet off this."

:D

palacemaniac
17-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Using Google translate:

"Information has been posted on the sheets for Sport, Barcelona is for striker Victor Moses of Crystal Palace a special interest. Known, immediate BLD Barca plan to spend £ 2 million to persuade its partners to the Crystal Palace Victor Moses for their loan within 6 months, passed before they consider buying a new dip 19 feet off this."

Their English is similar to that of the Daily Star

Adlerhorst
17-12-2009, 10:21 AM
My sister speaks Vietnamese.

She says the translation is spot on. ;)

little dedders
17-12-2009, 11:02 AM

this is a really good point

cpfc4evandeva
17-12-2009, 11:16 AM

They move a lot pf youngsters there with their family. Whether they would want to go is a different matter but I wouldn't be surprised if they arranged it.

zonin2000
17-12-2009, 03:46 PM
So I tried looking the story up in the Catalan press. The best I could find was this article in Sport (http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=670623&idseccio_PK=803).

La página web de la BBC recoge este martes una información del rotativo 'Daily Star', según la cual el FC Barcelona estaría dispuesto a pagar unos 4 millones de euros por Moses para incorporarlo a su plantilla este invierno.

Which says that the BBC website quoted the Daily Star, which suggested that Barcelona were interested in Victor (the article also refers to us as a Premier League club). I haven't seen any quotes or indeed anything concrete.

DJGANGSTER
17-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Or Sunderland.
or brighton

Clapham Grand
19-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Hope they sent a scout today

El Aguila
19-12-2009, 07:47 PM
They were busy, themselves.

cpfc4evandeva
19-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Looked world class today. In a passing team with better players around him he would only be better imo.

Woodside_CP
19-12-2009, 07:49 PM
What a player, I really hope he goes to Barcelona - a team that will match his undoubted talent.

Hoping we get £5m+ to soften the blow as well :p

Michael G
19-12-2009, 08:17 PM
The irony is that if Gold or the like invested in Palace Victor's value would undoubtably increase as potential buyers would then not be able to get him on the cheap from a club in distress. I wonder if Jorden has played this card with Gold or whoever.

El Aguila
20-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Funnily enough, it's not going away.
I mean I'm sure that the Spanish journalists just read the English press and reprint stuff which has a connection to Spanish football, but Marca has a snippet referring to Liverpool competing with Barça for Vic, today.
If Jordan planted the original story then he will be happy with the legs on it.

BulletEagle
20-12-2009, 10:22 AM
It was rumoured that Barca wanted Bostock.

elgin eagle
20-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Vic Mo has an insane amount of talent as we've all seen. We are going to be in the same situation this time next year if we can't get enough for him to balance the books and give us some breathing space. With these super rich clubs after him, SJ can almost name his price and one of them will accept it. God knows Moses will probably be worth even more in the future anyway. If we have to cash in we have to try and do exactly that. If Delph is worth 8 million, Moses has to be worth at least that if not more.