PDA

View Full Version : Flahaven admits his days are numbered

BulletEagle
17-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Shame he's given up already.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/palacelatest/Flahavan-admits-days-Palace-numbered/article-1620281-detail/article.html?

ON LOAN keeper Darryl Flahavan admits that his Palace career is probably over.

The experienced stopper is currently impressing between the sticks for League One Oldham, but knows the chances of him ever taking over from Julian Speroni as the Eagles number one is remote.

Flahavan's contract expires in the summer and he says it's likely that he'll look for another club after his current deal runs out.

"I'm really not sure if I've got a future at Palace," he said. "I know how good a keeper Julian Speroni is and I know how highly rated he is by the manager.

"I just want to get a run of games under my belt and see what happens in the summer."

*For the full interview and all the latest Palace news see Friday's Croydon Advertiser.

gold76
17-12-2009, 12:46 PM
A good no.2

Always was going to have his work cut out here

mushroom
17-12-2009, 12:48 PM
All depends on what happens to JS during the transfer window.

Kirby
17-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah I wouldn't write yourself off just yet mate!

Latvian Eagle
17-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Probably looking for a vote of confidence in the form of...

"If Julian leaves then Flahavan will be number one".

I dare say if JS leaves, even if we do have little or no cash we will need to bring in another keeper. We can't have just one senior keeper.

E_girl
17-12-2009, 01:14 PM
His attitude has cost him - refused to travel to an away game, when they hadn't been paid (& was the only player to do so.) Hence why was loaned out straight after this.

BulletEagle
17-12-2009, 01:15 PM
We can't have just one senior keeper.

Why not, it's fine at the moment.

Shipp Ahoy!
17-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Probably looking for a vote of confidence in the form of...

"If Julian leaves then Flahavan will be number one".

I dare say if JS leaves, even if we do have little or no cash we will need to bring in another keeper. We can't have just one senior keeper.

Think your wrong on this one, it will be Darryl as number one with the youngster as a backup.

Glazier69
17-12-2009, 01:34 PM
His loan out is to gain match sharpness for taking over if Jules goes in January, I'm sure. Why else would NW have no keeper out of the 7 subs?

kolinkins
17-12-2009, 01:35 PM
His attitude has cost him - refused to travel to an away game, when they hadn't been paid (& was the only player to do so.) Hence why was loaned out straight after this.

Kevin Miller part II.

Twat.

Popester
17-12-2009, 01:37 PM

What is it with keepers?

I'm no longer fussed whether he stays or goes.

loz
17-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Its funny how the modern game has changed, when I was a boy, 1 sub, that was never a keeper, and to be honest,who was Johnny Jackson, Paul Hammond, John Burridge and the rest of them understudy, was it a kid from the youth???

God re-reading that makes me sound like a old duffer!!

David Amsalem
17-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Really? I'm not sure I believe this. He was already out on loan when the players were paid late no?

Or has this happened more then once? I struggle to keep up now...

Eddie'S Dad
17-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Kevin Miller part II.

Twat.

I once scored a goal past Kevin Miller.
It was the only headed goal I ever scored (I played right back).

Useless bit of information, and totally off topic, but there you go...

E_girl
17-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Really? I'm not sure I believe this. He was already out on loan when the players were paid late no?

Or has this happened more then once? I struggle to keep up now...

There is more than one month when they haven't been paid on time - it just wasn't publicised like last month. This was the day prior to Preston away.

AJ
17-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Think your wrong on this one, it will be Darryl as number one with the youngster as a backup.

Think your wrong on this one, it will be Charlie Mann as number one with Clint Hill as the backup :( :o

biggus mickus
17-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Kevin Miller part II.

Twat.

Oi!! Thats fat twat. But twat is a great word.

kolinkins
17-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Oi!! Thats fat twat. But twat is a great word.

Twat was aimed at Flahaven. Short skinny twat.

Aaroncpfc
17-12-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm not sure I believe this, just like the rumour about Soares and Scowcroft being transfer listed because of there treatment towards Sean Scannell, it seems to much out of character and if it was true the story would surely get more publicity.

Ant1982
17-12-2009, 03:31 PM
If it is true then he should be flogged for a (decent) fee in January. Best to cash in if he doesn't want to be at Palace.

E_girl
17-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure I believe this.

Your choice.

Il Padrino
17-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure I believe this, just like the rumour about Soares and Scowcroft being transfer listed because of there treatment towards Sean Scannell, it seems to much out of character and if it was true the story would surely get more publicity.

That wasn't the rumour at all

CPFC_DAVE77
17-12-2009, 05:27 PM
That wasn't the rumour at all

What was the rumour?

Nelson Muntz
17-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Twat then. Don't want to see him in a Palace shirt again.

SpikeyMatt
17-12-2009, 05:32 PM
What a tit.

Bye Darryl, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

kolinkins
17-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure I believe this

If E_girl says it's so, then it is so.

orp pisshead1
17-12-2009, 06:26 PM
What a tit.

Bye Darryl, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Only cos we need the cash;)

unsensibleLiam
17-12-2009, 06:31 PM
What a nob, we don't need people like him when we are in our current situation.

CPFC_DAVE77
17-12-2009, 09:42 PM
In his defence (which I disagree with) he probably just feels bitter at how things have turned out. Whether or not this is true I don't know, but Daryl Flahavan certainly seems to be under the impression that he was signed to push Jules, which he hasn't had the chance to do.

Now picture this, about 1 first team start, never even on the bench, then don't get paid and all of a sudden your asked to travel up north to sit and watch. Don't agree personally, but I can at least understand how he 'may' have been feeling.

unsensibleLiam
17-12-2009, 10:20 PM
In his defence (which I disagree with) he probably just feels bitter at how things have turned out. Whether or not this is true I don't know, but Daryl Flahavan certainly seems to be under the impression that he was signed to push Jules, which he hasn't had the chance to do.

Now picture this, about 1 first team start, never even on the bench, then don't get paid and all of a sudden your asked to travel up north to sit and watch. Don't agree personally, but I can at least understand how he 'may' have been feeling.

He had a chance against Newcastle, one was a wondergoal that would never have been able to be saved, the other was a poor goal. He also had a few games last year when Speroni was injured. Am I right in saying we have never won in the league with Flahavan in goal?

CPFC_DAVE77
17-12-2009, 10:29 PM
He had a chance against Newcastle, one was a wondergoal that would never have been able to be saved, the other was a poor goal. He also had a few games last year when Speroni was injured. Am I right in saying we have never won in the league with Flahavan in goal?

Yea I think that's right, also we've only lost once with Ertl in the team :lux:

Typical Palace
17-12-2009, 10:41 PM
If it is true then he should be flogged for a (decent) fee in January. Best to cash in if he doesn't want to be at Palace.
How on earth would we command a fee? He's a Bosman player, hence how we got him. No one will pay cash for him.

newbureagle
17-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Speroni sat on the bench for about 2 years. Isn't the world of the goalkeeper being gutted that you're not in the team and waiting for your chance to establish yourself? Unfortunately (not for Palace, and not saying he would be no good) he's not really had that chance. A keeper is a prized position, when your winger is out you don't worry so much (relatively) but when the keeper is it's a big thing.

Jules used to be regarded as a worry, now he's our fortress. Must be frustrating, Daryl, but when you joined that's the job you agreed to do. It is what it is.

And also I admire your desire for first team football but you must be on 3k a week minimum?!

busker
18-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before but who makes the actual payment of salaries to players while they are on loan? Does the loaning club pay them directly or do they pay the club holding the players registrations who then in turn pay the players.. ie is there a possibility where a club in our situation could take the money intended for players salaries but then not pay the players with it?

Shipp Ahoy!
18-12-2009, 02:23 AM
At a guess I assume it would be the loan club sending the funds to the club with the player under contract who then pays the wages as the agreement they have is with the club and not the player. Especially if they are paying only part of the wage this way the player recieves their wage in one lump not in two parts.

I could be wrong though.

busker
18-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks for that and yes, I suspect you're probably right - especially given your logic on the part-wage payment... so it could make for an interesting situation where a player out on loan is not getting paid but we are still taking cash from the club he is playing at...

glaziers fan
20-12-2009, 02:44 PM
what a waste of money. (And I said that at the time.)

AJ
20-12-2009, 07:10 PM
what a waste of money. (And I said that at the time.)

Not sure I agree with that, he replaced Flinders and was free, Palace needed a 2nd GK and he is experienced and on a presumably lowish wage.

thehalifaxman
30-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Just saw on SSN we have him back now. Just beacause his loan is up I hope

rhynoeagle
30-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Fractured His cheek bone.

thehalifaxman
30-12-2009, 02:44 PM
well at leasts its not an indications JS is on his way

Psychokiller
30-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Means we have to pay the wanker :(

chatham_eagle
30-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Fractured His cheek bone.

Didn't he have his teeth knocked out a while ago too?

rhynoeagle
30-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Didn't he have his teeth knocked out a while ago too?

Yeah i think it was aldershot in a reserve game.

DARRYL Flahavan's loan spell with Oldham Athletic has been cut short after he fractured his cheekbone.

The former Southend keeper is expected to be out for six weeks with the injury and has returned to Crystal Palace.

Flahavan suffered the injury in Oldham's 2-2 draw with Wycombe but stayed on for the remainder of the match but an X-ray revealed the break.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=50055&headline=Darryl