PDA

View Full Version : Moses to Liverpool

lewisham eagle
19-12-2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/646667/LIVERPOOL-MAKE-SHOCK-MOVE-FOR-MOSES.html

davematt
19-12-2009, 11:17 PM
This is a good thing.

If one of the 'Big Four' show interest, the other three will follow. Lets start a fecking bidding war and get every penny possible. Invite Man City along as well for the auction; we could probably get a insane amount from them :Dq

GUCCI Eagle
19-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Big four? Liverpool are 7th and falling....

ForestRow Eagle
19-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Although I'd hate to lose him I'm resigned to Moses going - it will be if we lose the "core" of the team - the Speronis. Clynes and Ambroses that I'll really get teed off......

davematt
19-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Good point :D

cockles
19-12-2009, 11:32 PM
No quotes, no mention of a particular source.
Meaningless until they put in a bid surely.

scottydogger
19-12-2009, 11:46 PM
More importantly what does his tatoo say on his left arm? :D

kolinkins
19-12-2009, 11:51 PM

Note, he said big 4, not top 4

AJ
20-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Liverpool and Arsenal really need a striker at the moment, well at least a 2nd or backup striker, as for Liverpool I don't think they have the money and RB may not be there in January.

orp pisshead1
20-12-2009, 12:29 AM
This is a good thing.

If one of the 'Big Four' show interest, the other three will follow. Lets start a fecking bidding war and get every penny possible. Invite Man City along as well for the auction; we could probably get a insane amount from them :Dq

Now dave i know you've been in america for a while but scousers ain't a big four club any more:D

orp pisshead1
20-12-2009, 12:35 AM

In england man city are bigger than liverpool;) , scousers are probably the biggest british club world wide.

RDSdaEAGLE
20-12-2009, 02:03 AM

They'll be 'small 16' next season if they don't achieve Champions League qualification this season! :lux:

BulletEagle
20-12-2009, 08:46 AM
http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Liverpool-keen-on-Palace-star-Moses-/4264/?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/12/20/1698641/report-liverpool-to-launch-5m-bid-for-crystal-palace?

Gooders
20-12-2009, 11:04 AM

He actually said "big 4" - clearly implying that he's fully aware that they are currently members in name only.

As you were.

BulletEagle
20-12-2009, 11:05 AM
He actually said "big 4" - clearly implying that he's fully aware that they are currently members in name only.

As you were.

He never disagreed with that.

Gooders
20-12-2009, 11:08 AM
He's too polite.

adrenalin john
20-12-2009, 11:29 AM
strangely I think VM will be even more effective in the PL than the championship (and better protected by refs)

At times yesterday he was utterly unplayable, bamboozling Barnsley players 2 or 3 at a time - oh and what a goal

I think Warnock should be calling Capello

glaziers fan
20-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Like I said, VM to make World Cup 2010? :p

sheepy
20-12-2009, 06:37 PM
This is the move I hope he gets. He's exactly the player the Liverpool are missing at the moment and with their problems up front he could quite easily establish himself in the first team if he hits the ground running there. Playing alongside Torres wouldn't be the worst experience in a young pro's career either.

Oh, and it would be far more stomachable than seeing him in a spurs shirt.

nathe
20-12-2009, 06:54 PM
The more big clubs interested, hopefully the more money we can get. Don't want him to leave but we need all the money we can get

Mickey Gilley
20-12-2009, 07:22 PM
If we sell Moses and no one else then I'll actually be feeling far more positive about the 2nd half of the season than this time last year. Watson and Beattie were key to our midfield and attack and it was clear that losing them last Xmas was going to derail our team. I don't think however that anyone would say our team is based around Moses this year, in fact he's only looked like our best player for the last month or so. If selling him eases our financial woes for the rest of the season then we could still be a very good side and I wouldn't rule out a push for a play off place.

If we have to sell more players though then we're screwed

gold76
20-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Surely an under 21 call up in 2010 is in order

nicknackpalace
20-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Think he's got more chance of playing for liverpool than spuds

Gark Moldberg
21-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I can't see this happening. There are many things that Liverpool need at the mo, but I don't think that Vic is one of them. I'd be surprised if much money is spent while Benitez is still there.

DE - Glad All Over
21-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I see News of the world caled it a "Shock move for Moses" good lord - Shocking !

MasterYoda
21-12-2009, 02:34 PM
the way this is going we might actually get a load of money for the kid. Good luck to him

Baldy
21-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Bet this 'story' originated from Palace.;)

SE London Eagle
23-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Does it matter where these story's are coming from at the moment! We all know Moses is going regardless and im sure it will be a top club rather than Sunderland, Wigan, Tottenham etc. Hopefully where ever he goes palace can make some sort of deal to loan a player back as a replacement! At this stage there's been far to many clubs reportedly interested so there must be some truth in many of them!

Ralph
23-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Would we not be better off in fact selling him to Sunderland or Wigan but adding a 30%-50% sell on clause. That way we could a real pay day in a few years time, if he chose to go to Liverpool or Barcelona then he may never move on again and we get just 3M.

George Tasker
23-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Would we not be better off in fact selling him to Sunderland or Wigan but adding a 30%-50% sell on clause. That way we could a real pay day in a few years time, if he chose to go to Liverpool or Barcelona then he may never move on again and we get just 3M.

:lux:

But if he emulates someone like Soares, Routledge etc (which i doubt he will) we would feel a bit stupid.

However, I do think this is a very good idea

dufski13
23-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Does it matter where these story's are coming from at the moment! We all know Moses is going regardless and im sure it will be a top club rather than Sunderland, Wigan, Tottenham etc. Hopefully where ever he goes palace can make some sort of deal to loan a player back as a replacement! At this stage there's been far to many clubs reportedly interested so there must be some truth in many of them!

Hmm, not sure about much of this, I personally reckon that Wigan is the most likely destination, I also disagree with the idea that Victor will be better in the Premiership. I really worry that Victor will go the way of almost all of our recent big hopes when they leave to go to the premiership. He isn't ready yet, if the club didn't need the money i would hope he was being strongly advised to wait. 4 good performances in every 15 or so games will not see him hold down a place in a prem squad,let alone starting eleven & then he will go backwards. If he could be given the chance to replicate his form of the last month, which if we are honest is his first signs of that form since the play off season really, for the rest of the season then maybe he might be ready, but for me he is yet to show enough consistency. If he must go then maybe Barca or Arsenal would be best, where at least they will give him time to develop & plough time & energy into developing him (but I just can't see it really), or a loan back to us as suggested. But overall I really do fear for Victor's future, he must pick his move very ,very carefully, I hope his agent is a good one, not just looking for the biggest bucks.

dufski13
23-12-2009, 04:25 PM

But if he emulates someone like Soares, Routledge etc (which i doubt he will) we would feel a bit stupid.

I love this slightly revisionist view point, the simple facts are that at Victor's age Wayne Routledge was having a far greater impact week in, week out. To be honest he looked far more ready for a big move than Victor does, I really do worry that a good talent will get swamped in a big premiership squad when Victor moves in jan. I really hope I am wrong, because Victor clearly has something a bit special, but he needs alot of working on still.

pedro
23-12-2009, 04:28 PM

But if he emulates someone like Soares we would feel a bit stupid.

The fundamnetal difference here is that Moses has talent and Soares could run around a lot.

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow lets not get into the Soares debate!

ThisIsDoM
24-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I love this slightly revisionist view point, the simple facts are that at Victor's age Wayne Routledge was having a far greater impact week in, week out. To be honest he looked far more ready for a big move than Victor does, I really do worry that a good talent will get swamped in a big premiership squad when Victor moves in jan. I really hope I am wrong, because Victor clearly has something a bit special, but he needs alot of working on still.

To be fair Routledge was very unlucky to get that long term injury right at the start of his spuds career which allowed lennon to leapfrog him and take his place. But I do agree that Routledge was just as good if not better than Victor.

Smithers-Jones
24-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I Don't

jordanismygod
24-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Neither do i.

Cleon
24-12-2009, 04:19 PM
But I do agree that Routledge was just as good if not better than Victor.

I disagree. Routledge developed into a more effective player for us that Moses currently is, but Moses clearly has way more talent and potential to develop further.

Halfwayline
24-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Should we go into administration any "add on's" would belong to "CPFC 2000" rather then a new "CPFC 2010".

Typical Palace
24-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I disagree. Routledge developed into a more effective player for us that Moses currently is, but Moses clearly has way more talent and potential to develop further.
Agree.

But Moses' talent is frightening. I think we'll look back in years to come and think 'To think all we really saw of him, top quality wise, was a late burst of form and great goals just before he was sold.'

Woodside_CP
25-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Think he's got more chance of playing for liverpool than spuds

He'd be 2nd choice striker at Liverpool - Ngog is shit and Kuyt/Benayoun are attacking midfielders/wingers.

Doubt he'd get a look in at Spurs with Defoe, Crouch, Keane, Pavlychenko etc.

Woodside_CP
25-12-2009, 11:35 AM

However, I do think this is a very good idea

Soares is a decent athlete but a poor footballer. Moses now, is better than the finished article we saw of Soares when he left us for Stoke.

Routledge was class at Palace and x10 better than Soares, but hasn't got the skills or natural ability of Moses. I was suprised his career has flopped since leaving Palace as thought he would be successful. Maybe it's an attitude thing and if he sorts it out, he *could* be a decent enough player for a lower prem side. Moses, however, *could* become a world class player starring for a big 4 or top foreign side.